The Demon-Angel | Teen Ink

The Demon-Angel

By Kelsey101, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Kelsey101, Council Bluffs, Iowa

This book was written out of many diffrent storys I have created in my head where a girl has some type of power and had a rough childhood, but as always there has to be some sort of romance in my head. This story can help show that you got to make difficult choices and not everything comes easy.

Hello there, Im Blade Shine Moon. Im 15 years old, but turning 16 next month. Only problem is, im half-demon half- angel and well i’ve got to pick heaven or hell as soon as I turn 16, but that doesn't bother me much. I'm going to pick hell. Now most would be asking why, but I don't need to explain myself. I'm on my way to school right now. Something you should know about me is that i'm mean and if you mess with me your going to get hurt, but i'm also a loner.

Now before I continue on with my story you should know some very important facts. One is that my real father is a demon and you guessed it my real mom is an angel. Now then why am I with humans, well because I was born half of each side which should be impossible by the way. So they both decided to send me to the human world and I would pick a side at 16. Now I have been to both sides for tours and training to control myself, but most of my life was spent with humans. Another thing you should know is yes angels and demons can come live between humans, but I will get to that another time.

I sit down in my normal spot on the bench at school waiting for it to start.

“Um.. Hello?” I look up to see a tall male around my age with short black spiked hair, looks muscular but not too much. Has ripped black jeans with a leather jacket- “Um did you hear me” I snap my head up and out of my thoughts “Yes I did, just didn’t feel like answering now leave” I say looking him straight in the eyes but he doesn't flinch.

“Well someone is not in a good mood, but from what I can see in your style you never are” he bends down to look at me closer “Loner, normally keeps to herself, oh quite mean to people and not someone to be messed with” He walks around me then stops in front of me “and hates herself and has something big happening and believes she isn't worth anything”

My eyes blur as I start to think of the past “GOD You mean nothing to anyone just die you little brat!”  I snap my focus out of the past and could still feel the slight pain I felt getting slapped the first time that night. I stand and push past the boy and say “I don't care what you think you know about me but you are right about one thing” I turned to him “I am NOT someone to mess with” And I continue to storm away I could hear him shout his name “Im Joshua!” Joshua.. Psh I shouldn't think about him he is just a bad boy and probably a player.

After that first encounter everyday at school he would walk up to me and say hi and everytime I ignore him and walk away. It has now been two weeks, I happen to be walking to class right now when I feel two hands grab my arm and pull me outside., I could feel my back get pinned to a tree.

“You’ve been ignoring me” I look up too see its Joshua, and I know I should be mad and push him away but all I can think about is that he is really close and I can feel his breath on my lips. I exhale a sharp breath “I don’t talk to people” I say to him.

“Well you do now but I need your help” I look up at him and could see him looking around nervously.

“What is it you need then because I don't have time for this” I say looking him directly in the eyes. I see him hesitate then say “I need somewhere to stay.” the look on my face must’ve shouted- warning back away- because as soon as he said that he backed off. “Why should I let you stay with me?” I say walking towards him. “Um because your the only person I know and for some reason I feel drawn to you” he grabs my hands and I look away from him and say “Fine just don’t do anything stupid.”  

It has now been two weeks and my birthday is in three days, me and Joshua have became pretty close and im kinda glad I let him sta- wait what am I saying. “Hey Blade… there's someone at the door for you?” I walk over to him curiosuly “Why do you sound so unsure?” As I look at the door I grab Joshua’s hand and pull him and I take mutible steps back.

“Hello Blade” The man starts to walk closer and I continue to take a couple steps back pulling Joshua with me. “Leave your not allowed to be here” I say trying not to let show that my voice quivered but by how he smirked I knew I failed that. “You have already broken two rules and that's not good one more and you’ll no longer exist.” I hang on to Joshua a little tighter when the man walks closer, I can see him look at me to Joshua. “Oh you dumb girl, you are meant to pick heaven or hell don’t tell me” he points to Joshua “that Is making you not want to pick cause sweetheart you can’t stay here as a human” He then grabs Joshua and holds him by the throat, “It's not my birthday yet you have no right to be here leave” I say standing bravely. “Oh you love this little human don’t you? Well then guess that leaves me no choice” Before he could do anything I charge at him and I could feel my wings expand and I grab the man by the throat “I believe you don’t want to die so leave”

The man disappears and I turn to Joshua “what are you” I could see the confusion and curiosity in his eyes. “I'm a half-demon half-angel, i'm supposed to pick heaven or hell on my birthday which is in three days” I see him think for a second before saying “you mean heaven and hell the one in the sky and the one in the ground they exist?” I sigh loudly before I look at him again “They are not above and below they are here, where we are walking but it's like a different reality or dimension some would say it's like mixing three earths into one. We can only see humans here because in order to be here you vibrate at a 170 frequency and humans cannot change theirs only demons and angels can. It’s a lot to explain all that's important is that they know know about you and this is bad very very bad.” I say pacing back and forth.

It’s officially my birthday and for the first time I am devastated and do not want to pick a side, but I have no idea what will happen if I don’t. I just want to stay here with Joshua.. Ugh what is wrong with me I always had my pick but now I just don't know.

“Hey are you okay Blade?” I turn to see Joshua sit next to me.

“No I am not, I don’t know what I want to do anymore” I say seeing flashes of light appear.

“You should go Joshua there here” I turn to Joshua.

“No i'm not going anywhere” I could see in his eyes that I wouldn’t convince him otherwise.

“Well darling what is your pick heaven or hell” I knew that voice well it was my mother who is also an angel. I look to my mother- angel- to my father- demon then over to Joshua.

“I-” I stop myself.

“Oh honey you dumb dumb girl, you don’t even have to say it you pick earth with humans.” The look of disgust and disappointment appeared on her face. All of a sudden I feel heat rush over me and everything blurr and when I awake again we are in the passage…the passage is like nowhere but it's between heaven, hell and earth. “You broke the laws so now we have to destroy you and that pesky human.” she points at Joshua. “You won’t!” I say to my mother, my father walks up and says “We have to, you know the rules, you cannot pick earth and if you refuse to pick a side you and the reason why you wont pick gets destroyed.” My father grabs Joshua and slams him into the wall and before I could do anything I could feel sharp pain go up my back as my mother slams me into the wall, I whimper as I realize that they were telling the truth. “I-i” I look back to Joshua. “Don’t even try girl you cannot save him” I could feel her grip on my throat, but I could still see Joshua struggling and then his eyes start to close and when I see what is about to happen my heart drops and shattered and I scream out “I DON'T PICK EARTH” I could feel myself being able the breath and could see Joshua on the floor, both of my parents look at me. “Then what do you pick cause I can see your choice and it has to be true and you pick earth” I could see my dad starting to reach towards Joshua. “I pick Joshua not earth, not hell, and not heaven I love him and I pick HIM.” I could see both my parents face fall. “Picking a person is not against any law so therefore you cannot kill me or him.” I stand up and look over to them “I pick him and I pick to become human, and you have to follow the rules of my choice.”

“Fine, human it is but you’ll lose your wings and abilities all you’ll have is half-demon half-angel mark on your cheek” she says lifting her hand to me and Joshua.

When I awake and my vision clears we are back to the same spot and time we were at before we left.

“Well that was interesting” Joshua says.

“Yeah, it was.” I say starting to stand up.

“So, you love me?” I freeze in place once I realized I actually said that.

“Um, do you want to go get food” I smile nervously, Joshua giggles slightly.

“Sure, lets get some food im famished” Joshua stands up and grabs my hand “I know the perfect place.” Joshua starts to pull me along with him then I steady my pace and walk next to him.

Once we reach the place, it's a small restaurant with flowers along the outside. When we get inside, it has a nice western/city type look that's well put together. After we eat we go back home. “Can I ask you a question Joshua?” I turn to Joshua.

“Yeah of course” he says turning to me.

“Why do you wear a necklace with a tag?” I ask and see him hesitate.

“I’ll answer if you tell me why you acted the way you did when we first met” he says looking at me.

“Mm deal” I sit tilting my head curiously.

“I wear this tag because this was my best friends, he was the only person I had when my parents abandoned me and when he died I got his tag and have worn it ever since, now it's your turn.” He says.

“Well, I liked to keep to myself and when you said I thought I mean nothing it made me remember why, I was abused growing up with my adoptive parents Stacy and Jack. They would hit me and call me names to the point I hated myself, I felt like I was losing a piece of myself everyday I was with them until I was a completely different person I became cold and distant, dull and broken, angry and harsh. That's who I became until I met you” I breath in slighly “I-i love you Joshua, you showed me a new whole way to look at the world and that some people can actually be trusted and not everyone will hurt me so thank you” I smile a real smile in such a long time. I felt like I was finally myself it was a completley a new feeling to me. Whenever im around Joshua my heart races and I can feel my cheeks get warmer and warmer and I tend to never be able to take my eyes off of him. I also have this raging urge to always protect him no matter what happens.

“I love you too Blade and i'm glad you picked me, and you did the same for me” Joshua says as he grabs me by the waist and pulls me into a hug, this is going to be one of the best moments of my life and I will never forget it. Life was one of the greatest after this happened. Me and Joshua got together and had many aventures, arguements, joyful times, but that isnt what this is about.

The thing about life is that everyone thinks its going to be perfect or that certin peopls life are perfect but that is completly false. You see, everyone goes through something bad and there is no controlling that some may be worse then others. Peoples emotions are kind of like the earth because well seasons change. It can be sunny one day but dark and gloomy the next, but it always changes and always gets better you just have to believe it can and continue fighing even if you dont want to. I’ve had so many things happen to me but yet I kept fighing and staying strong and look i got to meet Joshua out of it and I couldnt be happier so please whatever you are going through remeber seasons change.

So that's my story, It may not seem like much but to me this was one of the most life changing moments in my life. Me and Joshua are now together finishing high school of course, but I will never forget what it's like to have wings and Joshua knows everything about me and accepts me. After I decided to pick Joshua instead of a side I lost all my abilitys but I know there still there because after all you can’t change DNA. I also lost my wings but what I did get in return was freedom and a mark on my cheek that represents heaven and hell. I couldn’t be more happier with the choice i made and can’t wait to live my life the way I want to live . I don’t want to keep you forever, but that's the end of my story maybe one day it will continue into something bigger.