Book of Love | Teen Ink

Book of Love

By Dawnwinters03, Utica, Michigan
Dawnwinters03, Utica, Michigan

Always face your demons even if it's scary.

This is my first story hope you like it.

Ever wonder what it was like to truly love it might be difficult and might be blind.

“Dawn! Wake up, it’s time for school.” I heard my brother holler as he banged on my door in irritation.

“Yeah, yeah I hear you.” I sighed as I got out of bed and grabbed my uniform.
It was royal blue for the school shirt and a black tie then my skirt was black and blue. I put my long black hair in a braid and nodded my head in affirmation and headed down stairs.

“Took you long enough come on get your coat on.” My brother Damien said as he tossed me my leather jacket.

“What about breakfast?” I asked as I put on my coat on.

“Sucks to be you. You should have gotten up.” He remarked I scoffed and punched him in the arm.
We headed out on our way to the school and on our way I smelled sweet cinnamon rolls.

“Don’t even think about it.” He remarked as he pulled me close to him. I sighed and we made it to the school and I was going to my locker and bumped into someone.

“Oh so sorry are you ok?” I heard as I saw a hand reach out to me I looked up to see a boy with short black hair and sky blue eyes. He smiled and I blushed.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said and took his hand he smiled again and helped me to my feet.

“You sure I’m so sorry.” He said as he pulled his hand away and looked at me.

“I’m Dylan and you are?” He asked and held his hand out.

“Oh, Dawn, Dawn Winters.” I introduced and took his hand.
We looked into each other’s eyes and then the world stopped we just stood there eyes locked before I said anything the bell rang.

“I guess I should get to class” I said as I headed to my first class.
The day was long but it was fine I headed to my locker and when I opened my locker door and found a bouquet of roses I smiled as I picked them up. I looked at the tag and it had no name.

“Strange.” I muttered as I got my book bag on and went to find my brother.
I found him he was talking to a girl with blonde hair and a pink uniform.

"Hey Damien isn't it time to head home?" I spoke up he turned and glared at me.

"Whose this?" The girl scoffed as she placed a hand on my brother's chest.

"My name is Dawn and please keep your hands off my brother before I chop them off." I growled.

"Dawn, Enough." He said as he held her hand. I growled and walked away from him.

"Dawn, get back here." He hollered but I ignored him and headed home.
I Went to my room and locked the door and laid in bed and got my MP4 player out and listened to "Killer in the mirror." By Set it Off and closed my eyes. Then out of nowhere I saw a movie of some guy with a dagger and killed some guy blood was everywhere then I heard whispering.

"DAWN!" I jumped as my name was yelled out. I opened my eyes to find my brother towering over me.

"Yes?" I asked as I pulled one of my ear buds out.

"Why did you lock me out?" He asked as he put a hand on his hip and cocked an eyebrow.

"Because I don't like you barging in my room without consent." I answered and sat up.

"Look, Dawn, I understand this is hard for you and I get it it's hard for me too but all we can do is stay strong." He sighed and looked at the picture of mom and dad.

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING THAT TIME UP!" I yelled and stood in front of him.

"Dawn, I know it's hard but let's just think about it this way mom and dad are in a better place." He said as he stroked my head.

"Do you really think they're in heaven?" I asked as I hugged him.
He chuckled and hugged me back.

"Of course I do they were good people in fact, one of a kind." He breathed out as he held me close to him.
I smiled and pulled away I went to my closet and got my nightgown out.

"I guess I'll give you some privacy." He said quickly as he closed the door behind him leaving me alone.
I chuckled and put my nightgown on and got in bed I turned off the lights and darkness surrounded me as I drifted off to sleep.

I was breathing heavily as I felt my lungs squeezing against each other and everything was black.
I shot up and tried to collect myself as my alarm went off, my head spinning and I felt nauseated but closed my eyes and regained my breath.

"Dawn. You up?" I heard Damien as he knocked on my door.

"Yeah I'm up." I answered as I got out of bed. 

"Hurry up breakfast is ready." He read my mind........Food.

"I'm coming." I replied as I got my uniform on.
I looked in the mirror as I brushed my black hair with purple streaks. I nodded and breathed deeply.
I went out of my bedroom and sat at the table.
Gooey cinnamon rolls were displayed before me and before I spoke I scarfed the suckers down.

"Wow, Didn't know you had an appetite." Damien laughed as he gave me a napkin.

"Oh shut it you knew I was hungry." I replied as I downed another one. He laughed again and patted my head.

"Well enjoy I made them especially for you." He said and sighed.
After I finished my food and downed my milk I got my combat boots on and waited for my brother to catch up on our way to school.
We made it to school and a banner was up and My brother went to that pinky princess and I headed to my locker.

"Hey." I heard as I opened my locker. I looked and saw Dylan and my heart sped up.

"Oh, Hey What are you up to?" I asked as I closed my locker.

"Nothing much just getting flyers handed out to the school." He sighed as he gave me a flyer.
I looked at it and nodded It was a Halloween party.

"I'll definitely be there." I replied and he smiled.

"Who are going with?" He asked I raised and eyebrow at him.

"I don't know." I answered and walked with him to class he nodded and smiled.

"Do you wanna go with me I mean you don't have to but...." He asked and I smiled.

"Of course I'd love to." I replied and he looked at me.

"Really?" He perked up and I nodded and he smiled more.

"Well should I pick you up or....." He asked.

"Yeah maybe at 8 or 8:30" I answered and he smiled.

"Ok sounds good." he breathed and we headed into the classroom.
The day was long as usual but everything was fine until lunch.
I sat with Dylan and we talked. As I went up to get more milk I felt a hand hit my rear I looked over my shoulder and saw a guy with blonde hair smiling.

"What are you up to pretty thing?" He asked as he moved toward me.

"First of all nothing and second of all never touch me like that again." I growled he laughed.

"Oh come on beautiful, don't be like that." He replied as he moved closer and tried to grab me.

"Leave me alone." I yelled and he laughed and grabbed me again. Then next thing I know the principle grabbed the boy and dragged him to the office. I looked around and everyone was looking at me and laughing I looked at Dylan and he looked down at the table.

"Let's go." Damien said as he grabbed my hand and tugged me out the door.
I pulled away and cried.

"Where were you?" I asked and he shot me a confused look.

"Huh?" 

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" I cried out.

"I was with Vanessa." He replied.

"And you weren't there to protect me." I said angry now.

"Dawn, I didn't know......" 

"WELL YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE!"

*WHACK*
I looked at him and touched the spot were he slapped me.
He looked at his hand then at me.

"Dawn, I'm....."

"Don't just don't I'm going home." I whispered and ran home.
I made it to home and ran to my room and slammed the door. I threw myself into my bed and cried.
I tried to catch my breath and looked at the picture of my parents.

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE?!" I cried out at the picture and sat up and rocked myself.
My heart was beating fast and my head was spinning and I couldn't think straight it seemed like the world was crashing down and then I saw another movie in my head.
.........................................................................................................................................
"Mommy look I found a shell." A young girl was saying with pride and joy as she gave her mother a pearly sea shell.

"Oh, It's beautiful honey It's special just like you." The mother said as she smiled at her daughter.

"No mommy you're special." The girl spoke up and the mother grabbed her and sat her daughter on her lap and they both looked at the sunset.

"Mommy when I grow up, I want to be an awesome mommy just like you." The girl said and hugged her mother.

"You will make an amazing mother you are one of a kind." The mother said and stroked her daughter's hair.
I opened my eyes and cried even more.

"Mom I miss you." I whispered and smiled at the picture of my mom and me we were happy.
I wiped my eyes and got out of bed and went out.

“Hey are you ok?” Damien asked concerned I ran into his arms.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." I cried into his T-Shirt he chuckled and hugged me close to him.

"No I'm sorry I hit you I didn't mean to hurt you." He sighed and I cried more he hushed me and stroked my hair.

"I love you." I said and looked at him.

"I love you too Dawn." He replied and then kissed my head.

"Oh, I got to go I have a date." He said and I shot him a look.

"Who are you dating?" I questioned.

"Vanessa." He answered I rolled my eyes and he laughed and got his coat.

"Make sure you don't let anyone in." He said as he headed out.

"Yeah I know." I replied and he left.

Later that night after I showered and ate dinner I sat on the couch and watched "Vampires suck." I laughed at all the dumb scenes and made fun of the girl.
Then I heard knocking on the door.
I got up and checked the peephole. It, was Dylan. I opened and raised an eyebrow.

"Dylan? What are you doing here?" I asked and he blushed and looked down. 

"I just thought you wanted to hang out." He said sheepishly.
I sighed and let him in. I took his coat and showed him to the couch.

"So this is your house." He said and whistled I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, my brother and I live here." I replied as I sat by him.

"So Where are your parents?'' he asked and looked at me. My heart sank.

"My parents are deceased." I replied quietly.

"Oh I'm so sorry." He said and his hand landed on mine.
I looked at him and blushed pink. He smiled and looked away. 

"You know, you’re really sweet." I said and tucked a strand behind my ear.

"No, I'm not I'm usually I'm misunderstood." He replied as he sighed.

"Same, I guess we have something in common." I imputed.
He smiled and looked at the ground.

"You know, I'm glad I met you." Dylan said as he looked into my eyes.

"Really Usually I am the worst person to be around." I replied and looked down.

"That's because they don't see the real you if they did they would stay by you and get to know you more and love everything about you." His voice lowered and smiled I looked at him and smiled. Then without warning his lips landed on mine.
It was soft, sweet and subtle my whole world slowed and my heart paced in my chest. I was in bliss and then he pulled away and smiled a sheepish smile.

"That was my first time." I blurted out then looked down. My heart sped up and my mind was racing.

"Don't worry it was my first time as well.'' he replied and laughed a little.

"Really? Then, how did you have the confidence to kiss me?" I asked and laid back against the couch.

"I don't know I'm not good with romance." He relied sounding offended.
I laughed and messed with his hair and kissed his cheek. I looked at me and smiled sheepishly.

"Well, I got to go." Dylan said as he got up and went to the door. I followed him and gave him his leather jacket.

"So, we're still up for the dance right?" I asked as I looked into his eyes.

"Yeah, definitely." He replied and kissed me before he went out the door.
I closed the door and sighed and went back to the couch. I laid down then I crashed while watching "Daddy, I'm a zombie."

My heart was pounding and my head was spinning the world was in flames and blood.
"Why did you do this?!" I heard myself scream. My lungs filled with poison and smoke.

"I did this all for you." I heard a voice and then I heard screaming of 'help me' and 'no don't'.
I gasped and sat up I tried to control my breathing and my head was pounding. Out of nowhere I yelled.

"Mom!" And then I looked around and looked at the clock........1:03 Great, not time to wake up yet then I heard knocking on my door.

"Dawn, Dawn? Are you ok?" I heard my brother ask and I felt arms around me.

"Damien?" I asked so confused and he made me look at him.

"Dawn, Your eyes are blood-shot and your skin is cold are you ok?" Damien asked as he got up to get a thermometer and sat down next to me.

"Open wide." he demanded and I did what I was told. We waited for it to beep and when it did, He pulled it out and checked it.

"120 you have a fever what happened?" He asked as he checked my head.

"I-Don't know." I replied as he looked in my eyes again and his eyes widened.

"Dawn your eyes are blood-shot did you have a nightmare?" He asked as he shook his head in confusion.

"Yeah." I whispered and looked down.

"Oh, Dawn, Was it scary?" He asked sympathetic I nodded and looked at him.

"Oh Dawn." He sighed and he held me close to him.                                                                      I leaned my head on his shoulder and he stroked my hair and then hugged me tightly.

"Was it about mom and dad?" He questioned I shook my head and he sighed.

"Well, how do you feel now?" He asked.

"I feel ok I guess." I replied and he nodded.

"Dawn, I heard you moaning and crying in your sleep." He mentioned I touched my face......Tears.....Great.

"I'm sorry." I said sincere he shook his head and held me to him.

"It's not your fault it was just a dream, you’re safe ok?" He reassured and I nodded and he kissed my head and tucked me back in and headed out of my room.
I laid back down and thought about my dream. Blood, Flames, Why were they in my thoughts is something gonna happen?
Is someone after me? What do I do?
Then I thought about my brother.....Damien, He's 17 and was always there for me when I needed him even when our mom died. He always was by my side even in my darkest times but he never once left me. I thought about how to thank him for everything he had done for me before I passed out.
"Dawn, Hey time to wake up." I heard Damien spoke as I felt someone shake me.
I opened my eyes and looked at him in irritation.

"What do you need?" I said as I sat up.

"How do you feel now?" He asked avoiding my question I sighed as he felt my head.

"I feel better now." I replied as he looked in my eyes he let out a relieved sigh and smiled.

"Good, your eyes are not blood-shot anymore and your temperature is back to normal." He responded as he got up and gave me my clothes.

"Now, get dressed and get ready for school." He barked out before leaving my room.

I sighed and got my outfit on I went to the mirror and I brushed my unkempt hair and went out of my bedroom.
Damien gave a chocolate doughnut and I scarfed it down as we went out the door we went to school and for some reason I could not find Dylan. I checked all of his classes and there was no sign of him.

"Weird." I muttered as I got my work done.
I headed to my lunchroom and sat down. 

"Hey." I heard a hoarse voice spoke out. I looked up and saw a girl with black hair and green streaks.

"Hi." I replied and smiled shyly. She put her lunch down next to me and sat next to me.

"I'm October." The girl introduced as she held out her hand. I looked at her and smiled with relief.

"Dawn." I replied and took her hand.

"So, you're new right?" She asked as she scanned me. I nodded slowly and she smiled.

"Well I understand what it's like to be the newbie it's rough." October said and smiled.

"Thanks." I replied and she smiled more. We sat there and ate our lunches.

"So, you like music?" She asked and I beamed.

"Yeah. I love music." I responded and she grinned.

"What genre?" She asked.

"Metal and punk." I replied and she shrieked and smiled brighter.''

"What's your favorite band?" She questioned.

"Sum 41 and within temptation." I replied she beamed.

"Wow I can't believe I finally found someone with the same taste." She sighed and smiled at me. I nodded and finished my lunch.

"So where you from?" She asked.

"London." I replied and she nodded.

"So, you're British?" She questioned.

"Well, My mom was Lebanese and Syrian and my dad was British so I guess you can say that." I replied and she nodded and took a moment to take in the new information.

"Alright neat." she replied and finished her lunch.

"So, you like clubs?" She asked as we went outside and walked around the park.

"Yeah but I don't get invited to clubs though." I answered and she beamed.

"Well, there is this crypt that a lot of goth people go to and have fun. So you should come." She replied and I looked at her and smiled.

"Really?" I asked she nodded and inside my body I was yelling woohoo but I kept it cool on the outside.

"Sweet I'll be there." I said and she grinned.

"Great now we have a new member." She announced aloud and I laughed.
When the bell rang I went to my locker and got my stuff and found a diamond ring.

"Wha..." I said as I picked the ring. I examined it and then put it on my pointer finger and it fit I smiled and closed my locker and went home. As I made my way home I was deep in my thoughts and then I snapped back into reality by a car honking at me.
I looked at the car and waved my hand to say I'm sorry and the car passed me.
I made it home and locked the door to my room and laid on my bed and got my phone out and texted Dylan.
Dawn: Hey where are you?
Dylan: ....
Dawn: Dylan are you ok?
Dylan: ....Yeah.
Dawn: What's going on?
Dylan:...
Dawn:Dylan?
Dylan:...
Dawn: Dylan!
Dylan:Yeah?
Dawn: Where are you?
Dylan: I’m at home just got out of the shower...Why?
Dawn: Come over I need to see you.
Dylan: I don't know if I should show myself.
Dawn: Dylan come over.
Dylan: I can't I got to go.
Dawn: Dylan?
Dawn: Dylan?!
Dawn: DYLAN!
I threw my phone across the room and huffed. Then I heard a knock on my door.

"Dawn. Are you ok?" I heard Damien ask I got up and went to unlock my door. I saw Damien in a fancy outfit.

"Nice." I replied and he smiled all pride-like.

"You like it?" He asked and I nodded.

"Good, I'm going on a date." He said and he smiled big.

"Again?" I asked and he nodded I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Well I gotta go I'm leaving you with $100 so you can get yourself some pizza or something." He said as he gave me the money.

"Ok sounds good." I replied as he kissed my head and ruffled my hair.

"Be good." He said as he left my room.

"I will." I sighed as he went out the door.

"Sweet pizza for dinner." I said as I called up Hungry Howie's and ordered pizza with a side of bread sticks. When I got off the phone I laid on my bed and relaxed but I couldn't help but think about Dylan.

Why is he being so weird and why is he being distant from me? I shook my head and went to my phone and put on Hulu and watched OHHS and relaxed.
While I was watching the scene where Kyoya was left at the mall that's when the doorbell rang.
I got up and went to the door and saw the pizza car here I got out the money and opened the door.

"For Dawn." He said and looked at me I nodded and gave him the money and grabbed the pizza it was hot and smelled delicious I thanked him and he left.
I let out a sigh and put the box and bag on the table and got a plate and dug in.
While I was eating My phone went crazy.

"What the..." I said as I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked and there was heavy breathing and a guy saying No,No,No please help me.

"Hello Hey what's going on?" I asked again and static came in.
I dropped my phone and backed away. 

"You got to be kidding?" I said breathlessly as I looked at my phone. I let out a sigh and then picked up my phone and put it to my ear.
Static was getting louder and I quickly ended it and put it down.

"Ok, So, what am I supposed to do now?" I asked myself and I looked at the door and saw red and blue lights and a siren.

"Oh, My, Gosh." I whispered and then looked out the window. I saw a police car driving through the street and it was on the move.

"Oh, my gosh." I said breathlessly and backed up. I went to my room and locked the door and got my phone and tried to call Dylan but he was not answering and I growled and threw my phone.

"DYLAN! ANSWER YOU'RE DARN PHONE!" I yelled out and punched my pillow.

"Dylan please answer your phone." I repeated. and then Everything went black.
......................................................................................................................................
"Help me! Please!" I cried as I ran for my life a man was running after me and I was trying to survive the nightmare I was trying to escape. I ran as fast as I could but the man grabbed me and stabbed me. There was blood everywhere.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed and sat up tears streaming down my cheeks. There was a knock on my door 

"Dawn, Are you ok?" Damien asked as he came in. I looked at him then  looked down. 

"Dawn, talk to me." He ordered and I looked up at him and concerned showed through his look.

"Did you have a bad dream?" He questioned me I nodded and wiped the tears away.

"It was really scary I can tell." He remarked and he wiped my other cheek. I tried to talk but my throat was sore.

"You screamed pretty loud I can see that your throat is sore and hoarse." He commented I shot him a glare. But then I looked down.

I woke up the alarm going off and I looked around. I got up and out of bed and went to my brothers room.

"Damien, come on get up it's time for school." I remarked and he turned to me.

"Uh, there is no school today." He said and yawned.

"What do you mean there's no school?" I asked.

"Look outside." he said. I went to the window and looked out. It was snowing.

"How? it's October." I remarked  and looked at my dearest brother and he started coughing. I walked up to him and checked his head. He was burning up.

"Are you sick?" I asked him and panicked.

"Chill, it's just a cold." He laughed but I started crying my tears were heavy as they hit the floor.

"What if it isn't Damien? I don't want to lose you too." I cried out. He chuckled and beckoned me over. I went to him and he held me close.

"Dawn, I'm not gonna die, I promise, I'm 17 and I am to young to die." He laughs out I wipe my eyes but still crying. My heart was very heavy and felt like it was going to burst.

"Ok, you promise?" I asked and he smiled and nodded. I went to my room and when I closed the door I slid down the door and cried once I heard him coughing. My heart broke and I cried hard. I looked at my phone because it was vibrating.

Dylan: Dawn you free?

Dawn: Yeah, why? 

Dylan: Can I come over later tonight?

Dawn: Of course what time?

Dylan: 8 if that's ok.

Dawn: Yeah see you later.

I sighed and looked at picture of my mom and I smiled.

"I hope you can see me mom." I whispered and laid on my bed.

...........................................................................................................................................................

"Dawn, you up?" My brother asked and knocked my door. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah, I am now. What's up?" I replied and he opened the door and he was wearing a coat.

"Where are you going?" I questioned and he rolled his eyes.

"Out to get groceries need anything?" He asked my eyes widened.

"No you're not going out." I yelled at him and got out of bed and stood in front of him.

"And why not?" He asked. I scoffed.

"Because you're sick." I replied and he just laughed.

"So," I growled as he smiled.

"So, you can't be walking around while you have something." I explained. He just laughed and kissed my head.

"You're precious aren't you." He remarked and sighed.

"Fine, I'll let you get the groceries how's that?" He recommended I smiled and nodded. I got up and got my coat on then kissed my brothers head before I went out. On my way to the store I was lost in my thoughts. Why do I keep having a scary dream? What is with the guy killing someone in front of me and then going after me? It doesn't feel right it feels wrong. My thoughts broke when my phone rang, I answered it.

"Hello?" I replied.

"Is this Dawn Winters?" A man asked.

"Uh, Yeah, why?" I asked in return.

"Well, you have a friend in the hospital." The man replied my heart stopped.

"What happened?" I asked and started breathing heavily.

"He won't tell me but we need you to come to the hospital now." The guy demanded.

"Alright, on my way." I confirmed and ran to the hospital. When I got in I went to the desk.

"Can I help you?" The lady at the desk asked annoyed.

"I got a call from one of the doctors here, My name is Dawn Winters." I replied.

"Dawn, go through this door and the room will be on the left at the end." The woman replied and unlocked the door. I nodded and followed the directions. I made it to the room and and the boy who harassed me was in the bed bleeding.

"What happened?" I asked the young man.

"He's crazy, you have to stay away from him." The boy panicked. I jumped back and looked at him completely scared.

"Who did this to you?" I asked firmly trying to keep control.

"That boy who......" Then the machine showed the straight line. The doctors came up to him and checked his pulse and I turned and ran, My heart beating fast completely scared. My breath was hard to catch. So I stopped to catch my breath. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I looked up at the sky and mouthed 'why me' then let my tears hit the snow. First the bad dreams then a guy dying because of me supposedly. 

"Hey are you ok?" I heard a soft voice ask, I looked up to find Dylan. I wiped my tears and stood up.

"Yeah, Peachy." I replied and let a couple of tears fall. 

"What happened?" He asked and held me.

"A guy got killed because of me." I inserted and I heard his breath hitch. I looked at him and he backed away.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and he shook his head and ran off.

"Wait, get back here!" I cried out but he didn't stop. I fell to the ground my heart aching.

I got up and headed home.

"Dawn, You home?" I heard my brother ask. I smiled knowing he was ok.

"Yeah, I'm home and I got the groceries." I replied and he came into the main room.

"Good, you had me worried, I thought you ran off or something." He remarked and laughed while ruffling my hair.

"No, I didn't I'm still here so." I replied and he kissed my head. 

"Good." He sighed and headed to bed. I sighed with relief knowing he was ok. I smiled and put the groceries away. 

I headed to my room and laid on my bed. I let my hair down and sighed. I looked at the picture of my mom and smiled.

"I miss you mom." I whispered and let a tear fall down my cheek. I closed my eyes and saw a light.

"MOM! MOM! WAKE UP! PLEASE! DAMIEN! MOM IS SICK!"  a girl cries and the older brother came in and held her close to him.

"Call 911."  the brother demanded and the girl  grabs the phone then dialed the number.

"Hello?" A voiced answered.

"My mom is sick she won't wake up." The girl cried.

"Ok where are you at?" The woman asked. 

The brother grabs the phone from his little sister and answers the question. The bother holds his sister and kisses her head. The girl cries and asks if her mother will be ok.

"I don't know sis." The brother replies and holds her closer. The ambulance comes and takes the mother along with the children. The kids sit in the main room and wait. The doctor comes out with a relieved smile.

"So, what's going on?" The brother asks holding the young girls hand.

'She has asthma but she is alright for now but we do have to keep her in for the night." The doctor explains and the girl cries while the brother holds her.

"Is mommy gonna die?" The girls asks and wipes her tears away.

"No she'll be fine, Do you know where your dad is?" The man asked. The brother growls and holds the sister closer.

"Daddy is gone." The girl replies and hugs her brother. 

"Then stay here until your mother gets better." The man persuade and the two nodded.

..........................................................................................................................................................

I open my eyes and at the corner of my eye I see a figure in a suit. I jump up and looked to the side....no one there I look to the other side no one.

"Strange." I mumble and get out of bed. I head to my brothers room and he's gone.

"Damien?" I check the main room and I can't find him. I panic as I grab my coat and head outside and start my search. I walk down the sidewalk and look around. I see darkness but no Damien.

"Damien! Where are you?" I hollered. I continue my search. Then I hear rustling. I looked behind me and see red eyes. I make a run for it. I run faster as I hear something behind me.

"Go away!" I yell and run faster. It wasn't long until I hit into the cement.

"AH!" I cry out in pain and look at my leg and I'm bleeding.  I hear a voice soft yet hoarse. I look around and see the red eyes and panic as a figure comes up to me. I check my pockets and have nothing. I groan and look at the figure as he comes closer.

"Are, you hurt my lady?" The voice asks I open my eyes to see a man with silver hair and lavender eyes. I gulp but nod he holds out a hand and I take it.

"You seem hurt you sure you're alright?" He asks in a sweet tone. I just nod and he smiles. I get to my feet and when I look at him my breath hitches.

"So are you looking for someone?" He asked I nod.

"My brother he was supposed to stay home but he disobeyed me." I replied and he smiles with amusement. I blush and look around.

"Have you seen a boy with leather outfit and short brown hair?" I ask and he shakes his head. 'Thanks much.' I think to myself. 

"Do you need help finding him?" he offered I smiled and nodded. We head into town and look around. He freezes and grabs a gun out.

"What is it?" I questioned and he looks at me and puts his gun away.

"I thought I saw someone or something rather." He remarked and sighed. I give him a questioning look and he just blushes and looks away.

"So, not in town, where is he?" I groan and he looks at me concerned.

"What?" I ask and he smirks.

"You are an interesting gal you know that right?" He remarks and looks around.

"I get that a lot." I respond and he nods. We head into a dead end and I growl.

"I'm about to kill him if I don't find him." I yell and he just laughed.

"I'm glad you find it funny." I remark and he laughs more. I shake my head and smile. 

"So, is your brother a drinker?" He questions I look at him and give him the 'are you serious' look. We went into a club and looked around no sign of him.

"Where is he." I growled as tears pricked my eyes. He looked at me and gave a soft smile.

"Thank you for trying to help me but I don't think we're going to find him." I sighed and let some tears fell down my cheeks then the man made me look at him and wiped my tears away. His touch was soft and subtle I was having a warm feeling in my body.

"Let's get you home." He recommended I nodded and we walked out of the club.

As we headed home we talked a bit. 

"I'm Dawn by the way what's your name?" I asked and he stayed still for a second like I offended him. Then he looked in the night sky and smiled. The he looked at me and smiled.

"Zero." He replied I smiled and held out a hand he took it and when he did my heart raced. Why is my body becoming warm It's just Zero a friend. We made it to my home and we hung out on the couch.

"So, tell me about yourself." I said and he smiled.

"Well, I was born in a horrible home my parents were killed by a bad person and ever since that day I vowed to never trust anyone." My heart dropped and I felt pity.

"I'm so sorry how old were you when it happened?" I asked completely curious.

"I was 7 when it happened then I came into a foster home but when I turned 16 I left and decided to live on my own." he replied. I nodded and took the information very carefully.

"Wow, that's rough I'm really sorry." I responded and put a hand on his. He looked at me and we both blushed then without me knowing I kissed him. He was shocked at first but then kissed back. My heart fluttered happily as he kissed me.
Then we pulled away and blushed. 

"I'm so sorry." I panicked and looked down.

"No, It's my fault I should have made the first move." He remarked then kissed me I blushed and he caressed my hair. He pulled away and touched my forehead with his. I smiled and then frowned. I saw a piece of paper.

"What is that?" I questioned myself and got up and went to the counter. I went to the counter and picked up the piece of paper. I unfolded it and my heart dropped.

"What is it?" He asked and walked up to me. I looked at him and started crying.

"They took him." I cried. He held me close to him. His hand pet my head as he hushed me.

"We'll find him, I promise." He vowed. I looked at him and shook my head.

"You've done enough." I rejected and he hushed me.

"I want to help so please, let me help you." He pleaded. I sighed and nodded. I went to my room and closed my door. I looked at my picture of my mom and a young me.

..................................................................................................................................................

"Mom, are you going to be ok?" The girl asked as she held her mother. 

"If I don't your brother will take care of you and always know that mommy loves you." The mother sighed as she looked into the mirror.

........................................................................................................................................................

"I won't fail you mother." I vowed and got on a black tank top with a leather jacket and black short skirt. I went out the door to find Zero looking at a picture of my mom in the kitchen.

"That is my mom she died from asthma when I was 8." I replied and he turned to face me. I smiled as he blushed.

"You know black suits you." He remarked and I blushed and punched him in the arm.

"Gee thanks." I responded and he just smiled. I laughed and walked passed him.

"You coming?" I teased he just chuckled and followed me out the door. We began the search to find my beloved brother. We took a bus to the next city. I looked out the window and sighed.

"Something wrong Dawn?" He said quizzing me. I shook my head and smiled sweetly.

"Nothing, I'm just a bit tired that's all." I sighed and looked out the window. I was about to fall asleep then I felt something covering my cold body. I opened my eyes and looked to see Zero smiling at me. I leaned on his shoulder and fell asleep.

"Please someone help me I'm dying!" I hear someone cry out as I hear heavy breathing. I look behind me and see a girl coughing up blood.

"Please, help me." The girl pleads as she grabs my arm and keeps coughing. I panic and look around but there's no one around but the dying girl and me. 

"Please you have to help me." The girl coughed one last time before she collapsed to the ground. I screamed and suddenly the world came around me again.

"Hey, are you ok?" Zero looked at me concerned. I looked around to see people looking at me.

"Oh, was I too loud?" I questioned and the people just went back to what they were doing.

"You screamed pretty loud." He remarked and smiled. My body heated as he showed me that sweet smile. Zero, such a nice guy he had a big heart to come along with me to find my brother. He kind of reminded me of Dylan that sweet smile he had before he disappeared.

"Hey, You alright?" His voice brought me back to reality. I looked at him.

"Yeah, just lost my train of thought that's all." I replied and he sighed and looked out the window.

"You sure are a unique person you're one of a kind." He complimented. I shook my head and disagreed.

"I'm not that special you know." I rejected he just rolled his eyes and pet my head.

"Of course you are." He sighed and looked out the window. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder. The warmth of his presence was calming and it was peaceful. I looked out the window along with him and saw the snow falling. It was pretty how they shined with the moonlight. I was thinking about how Zero gave me a buzz vibe whenever he would look at me my body would have a warmth and would buzz. His smile would drive me mad I mean he's 17 my brother's age but still he makes me feel alive. I thought how Dylan would become friends with Zero.

"Hey, you're staring." His voice boomed and I looked at him. 

"Oh, sorry." I whispered and he smiled.

"I didn't know I was that hot." He laughed and I smiled as I rolled my eyes.  When the bus stopped at our stop we got off.

"Before we go anywhere, you need to stick by me, no wandering." He said as he grabbed my hand making me stop moving. 

"Ok, ok, no problem but do you know where we're going?" I ask and pull my hand away. 

"Yes, so stick by me." He growled. I roll my eyes and sigh. We start our way to the place where my brother was taken. We made into town and it was dim.

"Where are we Zero?" I ask and look around.

"We're in town, this is where we'll start." He replied and I nodded. I looked around and saw people look at us.

"Uh, why are they looking at us?" I questioned a bit frightened.

"It's not you they're staring at." He answered and had me keep walking. I looked at him completely concerned and looked around. Everyone was looking quite hungry.

"So what you're saying is that they want to kill you?" I panic and he holds me close to him.

"Yes, and..." He pulls out his gun and shoots one of the beasts that almost attacked me.

"That is why I told you to stick by me." He remarked and blew the gas away.

"Come on run." He demands and we both run. My heart starts beating fast.

"So, are they vampires?" I question and he looks at me and nods. One of the creatures catch up and gab my leg, I scream and panic. Zero grabbed his gun and shot the thing down.

"You ok?" He asks I look at him and nod. We run for our lives. We made it to a sanctuary and leads me in and locks the door behind us. We both catch our breaths. 

"What the hell I almost get eaten because of whatever you did!' I breathe out and he sighed. 

"Not because of what I did it's because of my reputation, I'm quite famous if you haven't noticed." He remarked and looked at me. 

"Wow, you got a lot of breath don't you?" I ask and he smirks. 

"Whatever, let's rest here for the night." He said and takes his coat of revealing his pure white shirt. I felt my body heat up and my face flush. My heart raced and my breath trembled as his shirt showed his back, his skin pure white and looked porcelain. 

"What are you staring at?" He asked. I was brought back to my body.

"N-Nothing I wasn't staring at anything!" I scoffed and looked away.

"Not looking, right." he sighed and walked over to me. 

"Come on, let's get to bed you look tired." He stated and gave me a black blanket that was silken to the touch. I took it and smiled as I put it over me. 

"Zero, why did you want to help me?" I asked grabbing his attention.

"Cause I wanted to, is that a problem?" He remarked and smiled making me heat up.

"No, I was just wondering, that's all." I replied and looked away. I looked out the window and just breathed. Three things on my mind, 1. Where is my brother? I know that he was taken but where did they take him. 2. Why did Dylan just up and leave my life? I mean did I do something wrong or was meeting him a mistake or did he never like me? 3. Ok, so Zero is a 17 year old hottie who just walks into my life and acts all bad. First, Why did he come into my life? Is this a way of telling me I need a better life, I mean I know I don't have an interesting life but still it's pretty decent. Second, Why do I have feelings for him I thought I liked Dylan, you know yes Zero's hot and has a very hot figure and he is bad to the bone but for some reason, he gives me the same vibe that Dylan gave me. I sighed and turned to face Zero sleeping. I smiled and closed my eyes and let the darkness cover me.

.........................................................................................................................................................

"No!" I scream and run my heart beating fast. A man chasing after me with a knife. I trip and fall my knees hit the cement. I'm bleeding badly and scream.

"If I can't have you, No one can!" the voice  yells and stabs me to death.

"NO!" I scream and jump. My voice scratchy and hoarse, tears streaming down my face.

"Hey, are you ok?" I hear a soft voice ask. I look to see Zero with a seriously concerned look on his face. I look away and sigh.

"Hey, look at me." Zero grabs my face in his hand and makes me look at him.

"What happened?" He asks once more. His face close to mine.

"It's nothing I'm alright." I breathe out and try to look away. 

"No, Something's wrong, what is it?" He demands I just close my eyes and pull away.

"Please Dawn, talk to me." He pleaded and put his hand on mine. I look at him then sigh.

"I had a nightmare nothing else." I replied and he smiles.

"Was it scary?" He questioned I nodded.

"Well, you're safe, I promise." He softly whispers and kisses me. I stay still for a moment but then kiss back. His hands tangle in my hair and mine explores his chest. I pull away and smile. He combs his fingers through my hair and lays next to me. We stare each other in the eyes as we regain our breath. My body was warm when his hand rested on my waist. He smiles and kisses me again. In my head I hear 'get it girl' but a voice in my heart says 'not yet you're 16' I pull away and shake my head. He nods and kisses my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" He asks changing the subject.

"I'm doing a bit better." I reply and lay my head on his bare chest.

"I'm here if you need me ok?" He says and kissed my head. I nod and let his heart sing me to sleep.

..............................................................................................................................................

"Hey, come one get up." I hear Zero say as a hand grazes my hair. I open my eyes to meet with lavender eyes. 

"How long was I asleep?" I asked. 

"Well, it's 12." He replies and I jump up and sit up. He chuckles and pets my hair.

"Did you sleep better?" He questioned I nodded and smiled. 

"Good, glad to hear that." He says and kisses my forehead. He gets up and puts his black coat on over his white shirt. I get up and walk over to him and hug him.

"Getting lovable are we?" He asks and chuckles when I nod.

"Well we gotta get going." He remarks and kisses my lips and pets my hair again. I growl and kiss him. He just laughs and picks me up and carries me to my side of the room. Then he lays me on the bed and towers over me. I purr and kiss him. He chuckles and kisses me back. My world goes slow and my heart beats faster. My hands go in his hair and his in mine. He pulls away and gets off me. 

"We have to get your brother remember?" He reminds me and I growl but nod and smile. I get up and put my coat and we head out. As we're walking something sweet catches my nose and I almost follow the sweet scent. Zero grabs my hand and when I look at him he smiles.

"Hungry are we?" He asks and I nod. He leads me to a small restaurant and we wait for a waiter. A girl with blackish blue hair and red eyes comes up to us.

"Table for two?" the lady asks, Zero nods and the lady leads us to a booth.

"Can I start with drinks?" She asked and we both said water. The lady nods and walks away.

"So, what are you in the mood for?" He asks and hands me a menu. 

"Well, I'm thinking something sweet to get my energy going." I reply and he nods. The lady comes back with our water and asks for our order. He ordered an egg with bagel I asked for strawberry waffle with whipped cream. The lady nods and walks away. We simply talk for a little bit until our food got brought to us. When we did we both began eating. I savored the sweet whipped cream on my tongue, I closed my eyes and moaned with pleasure. He smiles and eats his eggs and bagel. Once we finished he was about to give the lady the money but I shook my head and gabbed the money out of my purse and hand it to her. The lady smiled and nodded and we headed out.

"I have to say, you have a pretty big appetite, I didn't think you would eat it all." He remarks and laughs. 

"Do you think I'm fat or something?" I ask offended. He shook his head and smiled at me. On our walk we chatted a bit more.

"Do you know a guy named Dylan?" I asked and he stopped and looked at me. He had a look of fear at first then smiled and shook his head.

"Whose that?" He asked and I sighed and looked down.

"Well, he's a good friend of mine back at my school but he kept disappearing on me and stopped talking to me." I replied he nodded and then gave me a smirk.

"Is he hotter than me?" He asked and laughed. I punched him in the arm. He grabbed his arm and laughed.

"I mean he's nice but it seems like he doesn't want me in his life." I explained and he nodded and smiled. 

"Well I'm sure he has things on his mind." He replied. I nodded and looked down. We continued our walk and everything was quiet. I saw a couple walking down the street with their little one and I was in awe. 

"Zero, I've always wanted a child didn't you?" I asked and he smiled.

"Maybe we can have one." He retorted and laughed. I punched his arm for making me blush.

"Hold on now, I'm not having a child yet. I'm 16 going to be 17 in a month." I replied and he kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry I'm not ready for a child yet I'm still young." He remarked and smiled. I smiled and held his hand as we walked down the street. The sun was slowly rising as we crossed the street. I looked through the windows of shops as we passed them. I stopped walking when a beautiful dress it was purple with black laces the chest was a bit low and the skirt was puffy but looked silky smooth.

"Something caught you off guard?" He questioned I looked at him and nodded. He looked through the window and saw the dress I was looking at he blushed a little. 

"Maybe when we have time." He sighed as he led me away from the store. We continued dow the street.

"You sure where we're going?" I asked and he held his hand out and I gave him the letter. He unfolded it and his face was lost. 

"They didn't leave an address." He explained. I took the paper from him and looked at it he was right, no address.

"Are you serious!?" I yelled and threw the paper. Tears pricked my eyes I looked at the letter that was on the cement.
How could this happen to me? I cried and hit the ground.

"Hey, don't cry, we'll find him, I promise." He vowed and made me look at him. He wiped my tears away. The buzz came in again and my body heated. I held him to me and he hugged back. I looked into his lavender orbs and kissed him.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being here when I need you." I replied and he kissed me. I held him to me and kissed him more. The world stopped and my body was warm and sweet. I pulled away and closed my eyes. The dance was tonight.

"Crap!" I panicked.

"What?" He asked and tucked a bang behind my ear.

"The dance I promised to go with Dylan." I replied and tried to call him. It buzzed but then said it was out of order. I sighed and put my phone away.

"He won't answer." I sighed and looked at Zero. He smiled.

"I don't think he's good for you." he replied and kissed my cheek. I laughed.

"I guess but he hasn't been himself lately." I remarked. He rolled his eyes.

"Are you jealous?" I teased he shook his head and kissed me.

"Come on don't be like that." He remarked. I laughed and kissed him. We got up and continued our search.

..........................................................................................................................................

It was getting late and I was hungry. I looked at Zero and gave him the 'I need food' look. He smiled.

"Come on let's go." He sighed and he took me into a huge abandoned home. 

"We'll stay here for the night and figure out where he could be." He declared. I nodded and went to check out the house.
I found out it had seven bedrooms and two bathrooms. I walked into the seventh bedroom and it was huge. I found a queen-sized bed and it had black sheets and blankets. I went over to the window sill and looked out the window. The sun was leaving and the moon was becoming full. 

"I figured you come to this room." He retorted. I looked behind me to find him with two plates of food.

"You read my mind." I laughed and went to the table and sat. He put the food on the table and we dug in.

"Oh, Did you make this?" I asked he nodded.

"I know it's probably not the best but I tried." He sighed and ate a dumpling.

"No, This is amazing. I didn't know you could cook." I attested and he blushed. We finished our food and just talked. 

"You know I've been thinking, I don't know if I deserve to have a pretty girl like you." I look at him stunned.

"No, I'm the one who doesn't deserve you." I said and blushed. He smiled and let his hand land on mine. I looked at him and smiled. Everything seemed so right I have a guy who likes me and is sticking by my side and is never leaving my side.

"I have to confess something." I blurt out as he gets out of his chair.

"Shall we dance?" He asks and holds out a hand. I look at him and smiled.

"Oh, I have something for you." He says and gives me a box that was long. I smiled at him as he went out the door. I opened the box and saw the dress I wanted. It was so pretty it had the beautiful features that I adored. I put it on and looked in the mirror. I was stunned by the way it fit. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and smiled.
I went out the door and went downstairs and went into the ballroom. I saw Zero standing by the window and sigh. 

"Zero?" I said and when he turned to see me in the dress, he gasped and blushed.

"Dawn, You're beautiful." He breathed out. I smiled and looked down.

"Thank you for the dress. You didn't have to." I said and blushed more. He chuckled and lifted my chin. 

"I wanted to make sure you got the dance you wanted." He said and held out a hand to me.

"May I have the honor of dancing with you?" He asked I smiled and nodded. I took his hand. He led me to the middle of the dance floor. We swayed his right hand on my waist and the other holding my hand while my other one on his shoulder. His smile made me shiver. My thoughts captured my mind. I wondered why I was starting to developed feelings for Zero. I thought I liked Dylan even though Dylan was being distant. 

"So you know how to dance." I remarked. He smiled and nodded. 

"I have something to confess." He spoke up I looked at him concerned.

"What is it?" I ask and he leans his head to my ear.

"I love you." He whispered and my breath hitched. The words I longed to hear from someone I liked. I looked at him and smiled.

"I love you too." I whispered back. He smiled and kissed me. Our world became one. My heart beat with his my body close to his. I loved him and wanted nothing more than to make him mine. For once everything felt right even if he doesn't feel the same. He pulled away and twirled me.

"You're a great dancer." I commented and he smiled pulling me back to him.

"I'm not that great only when I'm with you." He remarked and kissed my cheek. My heart fluttered with happiness and my body buzzed with warmth. His hand held me close to him I wrapped my arms around his neck and both of his hands wrapped around my waist. 

"Zero. I know this is sudden but I feel like you're the one for me." I said sweetly he looked into my eyes and smiled.

"You're the one for me and I the one for you." He said and swayed me. I smiled and kissed him. His hands held me close and my arms ringed his neck as he kissed me back. Everything was right. This was the moment I longed for when I was a child. He was mine and I was his. We stopped swaying and just stood there and before I knew it he dipped me and kissed me. My heart burst into happiness.  He pulled away and smiled.

"I know this seems fast but I want you to know that I love you so much." He sighs and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and stroked my cheek.

"I love you too." I replied. He smiled and pulled me up and we stood there eyes locked. Everything was so right I dreamed that my world would be complete. Nothing was missing only my love and me just standing together. All was good until I heard a phone ring. I pulled away and went to the kitchen and saw a phone going off. i picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" I replied and then I heard my brother yell. My heart jumped.

"Is this Dawn Winters?" The voice on the other side of the phone asks.

"Yeah, whose this and why do you have my brother?" I questioned and I heard my brother cry in pain. I growled.

"If you want him to live come to the mansion by yourself." The voice said and hung up.

"Hey, are you ok?" Zero asks and walks up to me. I look at him and growl.

"They have him." I hissed and brushed passed him. 

"Who has him?" He asked and grabbed my hand I look at him and his eyes show concern.

"The guy who kidnapped my brother, I have to go save him." I said and pulled away and went upstairs and changed clothes. Before I went out the door Zero stopped me.

"Zero, What are you doing?" I asked and tried to brush passed him but he didn't let me pass.

"I can't let you go alone." He remarked. I groaned.

"I have to or they'll kill him." I hissed and pushed passed him. 

"Dawn, please, don't do this." He pleaded. I looked at him and he sighed.

"Dawn, I can't let you go." He sighed I looked at him in disbelief. 

"Why give me one good reason." I demanded. He stood there like a deer in a headlight.

"Are you working with them?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Zero, If you love me you'll let me save him." I remarked. He sighed and I pushed passed him and went downstairs and went out the door. My heart broke and tears poured out down my cheeks. I walked faster and I thought about how I was going to kill that man who kidnapped my dear brother. I looked up the location and found it.

"Ok, Down the city in an abandoned mansion." I spoke to myself. I put my phone away. I followed the path. I found the house and took deep breaths and went in. 

"Alright I'm here alone. So come out and let's talk." I shouted and it echoed. No answer.

"Listen I don't know what I did but I'll pay for it so-" Then I heard a scream.

"DAMIEN!" I yelled and followed the scream into an abandoned room and it was dim. 

"Damien?" I whispered and then a light came on and showed my brother bleeding with cuts on his body. I ran to him and tried to untie him.

"You came alone." The man asked and I heard footsteps. I turned around to find a man with brown hair and blood eyes. 

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" I questioned the man merely smiled and lead me to a table. He sat me down and sat across from me.

"Dawn, Is it?" He asked and smiled.

"Yes, now tell me what you want." I demanded.

"Well, since you came alone we shall make a deal." He replied and then his eyes turned blood red making me gasped.

"You give me your blood all of it and he shall be set free." The man required. I gasped and looked down.

"Why my blood?" I asked he chuckled and smiled.

"Your blood is like no other, It gives beasts like me power." He remarked.

"Dawn, No." My brother said and coughed. I looked at him and sighed.

"So, What will you do with my blood?" I asked and he hummed.

"Well beasts like me need to live an eternal life and your blood can do that. I'll be able to live my life eternally." He replied I nodded and thought about it.

"So how much will you take?" I questioned he smirked.

"All of it." He responded. I gasped and my brother yelled no.

"Damien please I have to make you free." I sighed and looked at the man.

"So, if I give you my blood you'll set him free?" I asked and he nodded.

"That's all you have to do." He responded. I looked at my brother who was shaking his head. 

"Damien, tell Zero I love him and let Dylan I'll be in a better place." I pleaded. I looked at the man who looked ravenous and sighed.

"Alright, you can have it." I replied and sighed.

"Dawn! No!" I heard my brother cry. 

"Good now come forward." he demanded. I got up and walked to him and put my hair to the side. I closed my eyes as he pulled me to him.

"Have a good night's sleep." He said. Before he could bite me we heard a gunshot. The man pushed away and yelled.

"You touch her and I will kill you."  I heard a voice yell. Someone jumped in front of me. It was Zero. My heart beat happily when he came. He pulled out his gun and aimed it at the man.

"Ah, I see, You have a thing for her Dylan." The man cackled. I looked at the man confused and shook my head.

"This isn't Dylan, This is Zero." I explained and smiled at Zero but Zero frowned.

"Dawn, there's something I've been meaning to confess." Zero said and took out his contact lenses. I looked at him in disbelief. Zero, is Dylan? No that can't be right. 

"Dylan, is that you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Dawn, Listen, I wanted to tell you for a while now but I was scared." He confessed. I looked at him in disbelief again. 

"Dylan, Why were you pretending to be someone different?" I questioned him and shook my head.

"Because I did something I'm not proud of so now, I had to become someone else." He explained and sighed.

"What did you do?" I asked and he sighed again.

"I killed someone." He breathed out and my heart burst. No. I thought then I remembered the screaming from that one night and the sirens and the guy at the hospital.

"No, and is that why you weren't responding to me?" I asked and he nodded ashamed.'No,' I thought, 'that can't be right but then again, he did shoot that vampire that was trying to kill me' I nodded in understanding and walked up to him. 

"I know, I know, I messed up I didn't want anyone to hurt you so I became someone else, I hope you can forgive me." he said and looked down. I smiled and lifted his chin to face me and kissed him. He was shocked at first but then kissed back. His hands landed on my waist. Then I pulled away and smiled.

"Aw, how cute, but you want your brother to live right." The man asked and held a blade. I gasped and nodded my head. I looked at Dylan and he sighed. 

"I kept my promise you can have my blood." I remarked and walked over to the man. Dylan shook his head and I knew what was going to happen.

"Dawn! No!" My brother yelled. I walked over to the man and the man grabbed me by my arm. I gasped and closed my eyes. Then I heard a gun shot. I opened my eyes and the man yelled and threw me across the room. I grunted when my body slammed into the wall. 

"You're a fool if you think you're gonna kill the women I love." Dylan said and cocked his gun. 

"Dylan No." I whispered and shook my head. The man laughed. 

"Then I guess I'll have to kill her brother." he cackled. He went to my brother. 

"You touch him, I'll kill you!" I screamed and cried when I tried to move but pain shot in my back.  Dylan came toward me and tried to help me up but I shook my head.

"Dawn, I want to help you." He says and caresses my hair. 

"Damien! Get Damien!" I yelled as I saw the man walking up to my brother and untie him. I get up and grab Dylan's gun and shoot the bad man. The man yells and holds his wound while he stares me down in anger.

"You are a stubborn woman aren't you?" the man questioned and grabbed my brother.

"Stop, don't touch him, Please I promised to give you my blood." I begged and went over to him.  I fell to the floor and cried. 

"Please, I'm begging you." I pleaded while tears fell down my cheeks. The man turned to me and walked to  me. When he made it to me, He picked me up and tucked my hair behind my ear. He opened his mouth and his fangs popped out. I close my eyes and wait for him to bite me. I screamed when his fangs pierced my neck.

"No! DAWN!" I heard Dylan yell as he tried to run to me. Dylan grabbed the gun and shot him. The man yelled and dropped my weak body to the floor. I whimpered with my  body feeling weak. I placed my hand up to the wound and cupped my neck. 

"You fool, You truly think I'll let you get away with my meal." The man cackled and walked over to me. He picked me up and inserted his fangs again into the wound.

"Dawn no!" Damien yelled. I felt my heart beat faster and then weakly. His fangs let me go and he led me to the floor. My body growing weak. Dylan came up to me and held me to him. I looked at him and smiled weakly. 

"Why, did, you have to do that?" Dylan asked and kissed my forehead. I laughed. 

"Because, I'll give up my life for the people I love." I replied and smiled. Tears streaming down his cheeks. The evil man laughed and before he could go after my brother I grabbed Dylan's gun and shot the man in the chest. The man looked at me in shock.

"Didn't think I'd live did you?" I laughed and shot him again making the evil man disintegrate. I smiled at my brother and collapsed. Dylan untied my brother and my brother ran to me.

"Dawn, Please I can't lose you too." My brother cried and I smiled.

"I won't die, I'm too precious to die." I joked making my brother cry more.  I held his hand and leaned my head to his and kissed my brothers head.

"Dawn, you dummy, If you ever die on me, I will never forgive you." He cried out and I smiled.

"I promise you I won't die ok?" I asked and he nodded. I heard Dylan cuss under his breath. I looked at him as my brother helped me up. 

"We have to leave." Dylan said got his gun from me. I looked at my brother and my brother shot him a look.

"What is it Dylan?" I questioned as I walked to him.

"They know what happened." He whispered and grabbed my hand. 

"Dawn, I love you." He said and kissed my hand. I smiled and kissed him. He held me close to him and then pulled away.

"Let's go." I said and my brother held my hand. I smiled at my brother and he smiled back.

"On 3 1." Dylan said and we looked we were about to run.

"2" We looked at the door.

"3!" Dylan yelled and he busted out the door. We ran like there was no tomorrow and the vampires chased us.

"Uh, Dylan." I shouted.

"Yeah?" He hummed. I pointed in front of him and there were vampires in front of us.

"We're gonna die." My brother panicked and Dylan laughed. 

"Don't worry, We won't die." Dylan laughed again. He pulled out the gun and shot them. The sound of gunshots brought back memories of the time Dad was in the war.

......................................................................................................

"Daddy. Where is daddy?" The girl asked and the brother was getting agitated. Then a car pulled up and a man came to the door. The mother asked the man what was going on.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The man said  with pity.

"Mommy, where's daddy?" The girl asked and the mother cried. 

"No!" The brother yelled and the mother tried to hold her son but the boy ran to his room and slammed the door. The girl confused went after her brother.

"Go, away." The brother huffed and started to cry.  The girl full of pity held her brothers hand. The brother held his little sister and cried even more.

..............................................................................................................

I stopped and hit the floor. My heart aching. My brother picked me up and carried me while Dylan killed the vampires.

"It's ok, We'll be safe." My brother hushed as I held my brother. It wasn't long before we made it to the mansion Dylan and I stayed in. Damien let me down and I looked at Dylan. He smiled and held me to him. 

"Dylan, I'm tired." I sighed and yawned. Dylan smiled sweetly.

"There is a bed upstairs so you can go to bed." He remarked and I jumped into his arms.

"Then, carry me. " I ordered and my brother laughed. I shot him the 'what?' look and he smiled.

"I'll carry her upstairs she'll be a bit of a brat if you haven't noticed." Damien said and smiled.

"Oh, shut it you." I scoffed and when my brother took me in his arms he took me upstairs. I yawned again as he tucked me in.

"Love you Dawn." He whispered and left the room.

My heart was burning as flames arose in my body. I could feel my body burn with flames and my breath becoming hot. My blood boiling in my veins. I cried out for help and my brother came in. He held me to him and hushed me. My tears burned my face as I cried out in pain.

"Dylan get her some milk." Damien ordered and Dylan ran quickly. 

"Dawn, you going to be ok? " My brother asked me concerned. I cried out in pain and he hollered for Dylan.

"Here, the milk. " Dylan said and gave my brother the milk. My brother sat me up and gave me the milk.

"Feel better?" My brother asked and I downed the milk. I sighed and he smiled.

"A bit but yeah." I whispered my voice hoarse.

"Good." My brother sighed and pat my head.

"You were screaming pretty loud if you didn't notice." Dylan remarked. I shot him a look.

"Dylan be nice, But yeah you were very loud." My brother sighed and pet my head.

"Gee, yeah I'm doing better. Thanks." I remarked and they smiled at me.

"Well, get some more sleep you still look tired." My brother said and tucked me in. I smiled weakly and closed my eyes when he touched my forehead. The world darkened as I drifted to sleep.

...................................................................................................................................................

I woke up very early and went out into the main room while Dylan and Damien were still asleep. I looked outside the window and saw vampires walking around. My heart dropped full of fear. I sighed and walked into the kitchen. My stomach growled and I agreed, it was time to eat. I looked into the cabinets and saw cereal, bagels, and pancake mix. I decided I was going to make chocolate chip pancakes. I grabbed the mix and chocolate chips and started making them. 
I heard Dylan come into the kitchen and wrap his arms around my waist making me blush. He kissed my cheek and I giggled.

"You seem like yo slept well." I remarked and he nodded.

"But I miss seeing you asleep." He sighed and turned me to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He kissed back and we held each other. Our moment was ruined by my brother.

"Try not to swallow each other." My brother joked and I stared him down. Dylan laughed. 

"Don't worry I mean no harm." Dylan laughed and Damien stared at him.

"You better mean no harm." My brother hissed at him.

"Ok, Ok, let's get along." I remarked and got in the middle. My brother sighed and looked away. 

"Come on let's eat." I said changing the subject. Dylan nodded and  went to the table. 

"What did you make?" Damien asked and smiled. I grabbed a plate for them and I set the pancakes at the table. They both licked their lips and smiled. 

"Chocolate chip pancakes." I announced and they smiled more.

"Sounds great." Dylan hummed and Damien nodded.

"Well, eat up you must be hungry." I remarked and went upstairs. I closed the door behind me. Then I got my outfit picked out and put it on. I looked in the mirror and saw a girl drenched in black and was looking possessed. I looked behind me and the girl started floating to me. I screamed and hit the floor. I looked up and the girl was gone. Then there was a knock on my door.

"Dawn? You ok?" I heard my brother ask and slammed the door opened. Dylan came in from behind. I looked at Damien and shook my head in disbelief. 

"There was a girl who was going to attack me." I said and was shaking. 

"A girl?" My brother asked and I nodded. Dylan looked around and then looked at me.

"I'm serious!" I cried and looked at Dylan. He went to me and held me. His fingers go through my hair. 

"I know, I believe you baby, it's going to be ok." He hushed me and held me tighter. My brother coughed and we both looked at him and growled. He just laughed and came over to us.

"We'll find her and make her stop scaring you." Damien sighed and got up and smiled at me. I looked at him and got up. I looked at Dylan and went downstairs. I heard my brother telling Dylan that he better be nice to me and treat me like a queen. I heard Dylan say that he'll love me until the day he dies. I smiled and continued downstairs.        I was lost in my thoughts as I cleaned up after them. 1. Is there something wrong with me? I mean I've been seeing crazy scary stuff but I don't believe it's real but for the fact that it's happening frequently, there has to be a reason these things are happening. 2. After finding out that Zero was Dylan my world went crazy. I couldn't help but think if Dylan was someone else. I looked out the window and sighed.

"Hey, you ok?" I heard my beloved boyfriend ask. I turned to him and smiled. 

"Yeah, just a lot of things on my mind." I replied. He came up to me and stroked my hair. I leaned towards him and kissed him. My heart beat faster when he kissed back. Yep, this is the life I want, to have a boy who loves me and supports me and a dearly loving brother who has my back like Dylan does.

"So, I was wondering if that man had something to do with you seeing things." He questioned.

"I don't know about that, I mean he's dead so there's no way." I rejected and he nodded agreeing with me. 

"So, who would have something to do with it?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's probably just stress love." I replied and he sighed. I turned to him and kissed his cheek.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I asked and he smiled.

"Well, the real question is, Why do I have someone as special as you in my life?" He remarked and twirled me. I giggled and kissed him. His hands rested on my waist. My fingers tangled in his silver hair. I pulled away and looked into his blue eyes. He smiled and kissed me again. I pulled away and laughed while he pulled me up. I pouted.

"What?" He asked and I looked at his hair. 

"I miss your black hair." I complained. 

"I thought you liked it." He said shocked and I laughed ruffling his hair. 

"I do, I just miss your black hair. That's all." I replied and giggled. He sighed and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.  My brother came in and shook his head.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We can't stay here." My brother said and got his coat. 

"Why not?" I asked and he sighed.

"You're not the only one who has a love life." He answered and I groaned.

"You mean Vanessa?" I remarked and he nodded.  I sighed and looked out the window. 

"Well, there are no vampires are out right now so we can get out now while we still have the chance." I said and looked at Dylan who nodded his head. I went up and got my stuff and we headed out. While we ran to the bus, it was quiet. I was a bit concerned. We got on the bus and sat down as the bus went on it's way. I looked out the window and sighed. Dylan, who was sitting next to me, laid a hand on my leg. I looked at him and smiled weakly. 

"What's wrong?" He hummed and I shook my head and smiled.

"Just glad you're in my life." I replied and he smiled happily.

"I'm glad to hear that." He said and held my  hand in his. I looked out the window as we headed home. When we made it home, we walked to our house.

"Home sweet home." My brother said and ran in. I rolled my eyes and looked at Dylan and he smiled. 

"Want to come in?" I asked and he nodded. We went in. Before I could talk I heard the door bell ring. I sighed and went to the door and opened it. I found that girl Damien liked.

"Excuse me, but is Damien here?" She asked I nodded and let her in. My brother came out and ran to her. He picked her up in his arms and kissed her. 

"I missed you, where were you?" The girl asked and he shrugged.

"It's a long story." He replied and kissed her again. I groaned in disgust and he looked at me and sighed.

"Now you know how I feel when you kiss Dylan." He remarked and Dylan laughed.

"Dylan!" I yelled and he laughed more. I rolled my eyes and looked at the couple. 

"Ok, go, have fun just don't get into trouble." I said and he left with her.

"Hey, look at it this way, You and I get alone time." he said and pulled me to the couch. I laughed and kissed him. He toward over me and kissed me deeper. I pulled him close to me. I giggled when he pulled me closer. We pulled away and pressed our foreheads together catching our breath. He sat up and held me to him. 

"I love you Dawn." He whispered and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too." I said back and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I will protect you until my final breath comes." He vowed and kissed my cheek again.

"I promise you that I will never leave your side." he pledged and I smiled.

"I'll do the same." I replied and kissed him. I could feel a spark between us. He smiled as I blushed more. I finally knew that love was real and it would never go away. I now knew that he was mine and mine alone that was never going to fade.

"All eyes on me.": Cover by Victor McKnight. In the beginning.

"Together forever" By Set It Off when she fell in love with Dylan.

"Killer in the mirror":Set It Off. When My character was being a brat when she was told to leave Vanessa alone. 

"Something strange.": By Mandopony when she gets stuff from God knows who.

"Perfect.": By P!nk. When she had the the flash backs of her mother and her. 

"Say Something.": By A Great Big World. When she has the flashback of her mother who had and asthma attack. 

"Battlefield": By Svrcina when she gets the news that her dad Died in the war.

"Partners in crime.": By Set It Off when she meets Zero.

"E.T.": By Katy Perry the kiss moments between her and Dylan. 

"Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi": By On/Off When she danced with "Zero".

"Mind Brand" When the boy harassed her he didn't do anything bad to her she is clean. She ended up with Dylan as we know.

"Disturbia.":By Rihanna. When her brother was taken.

Dawn's Theme songs: "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing."  cause she believes in karma and let's be honest, our world is messed up. "Killer in the Mirror" Cause she didn't know who to trust in the world and she has to defend herself.  "All Eyes on me." cause she always got the spotlight if anything she was in the shadows. 

Dylan: "Down." By Sean Paul. He is a lover boy and is very loyal. "The Show Must Go On." By MandoPony cause he is a rock star. "Just Give Me a Reason." By P!nk and Fun.  Like I said he's a lover boy. "Animal I've Become." Because he dealt with a harsh life and he hides a demon inside but let's be honest we all have demons inside. 

Damien: He has a lot of songs to describe himself. "Time Of Dying": cause he will fight until his day comes. "Battle Scars" cause he dealt with a lot of hurt and pain. 

Note: There is another story coming in so no worries. LOL. 

Hi! My name is Dawn. This was my first Novel I hope it is good.

I am 16 years old and live in Michigan. My favorite stories are horror and romance. I love anime. I love to write, sketch, and dress design. I like punk and rock music. My favorite band is Set it Off. I also like Three Days Grace and Escape the fate. My favorite song is "All Eyes on Me" By  OR30. I also like Kuraiinu. I will be making a second one if you guys like it.