The Beautiful and Divided | Teen Ink

The Beautiful and Divided

By CaidenceHutson05, Crawfordsville, Indiana
CaidenceHutson05, Crawfordsville, Indiana

Summary:

Ember is an angel who falls in love with a sarcastic demon. The two know it is not allowed for them to be together, so they figure out a way to get Kai turned into an angel. But when the plan is in action, a wrongfully placed angel puts everyone's lives on the line: including a human girl. 

Caidence H.

The Beautiful and Divided

on Jun. 5 at 9:26 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"

wait the ending made no sense.
constructive criticism- it was kinda contrived. realisticly, they might agree to go on a date, not love. and the certainly wouldn't if it was breaking a massive law. there was also little context, a lot of confusing stuff. but its a good start(start as in, I don't think your finished because the end made no sense, not start in a negative way)

on Jun. 5 at 9:02 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

oh, also try reading my friend wolves rains story love rights(vampire and werewolf). its not very long but this reminded me of it.

on Jun. 5 at 9:00 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

shoot didnt mean to post. style choice to make it easier to read I'm going to copy the half comment below so its easier to read, so just ignore it.
haven't read it yet(about to), just want to make a couple comments:
because you don't have multiple chapters I can assume you didn't intend it as an actual book, but you either assumed anything over 1500 words belonged in novel category or figured that it would be better to submit a novel. so there are plenty of short story on ti significantly over 1500 words, I have one that's about 7000(I submitted it both ways). that's one that I measured, I'm sure I have others that are much longer. and you actually don't show up on your account as having novels published(unless you publish it both ways, which if I published novels I would do, I've only done one), and there's a much smaller market for novels. the changes you'll be read as a short story are way higher than as a novel. i didn't check but based on the date and the publishing style of this I assumed you're new(no offense. and of course, just an assumption)
second comment- the title is really intriguing, that's why I clicked it.

on Jun. 5 at 8:55 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

because you don't have multiple chapters I can assume you didn't intend it as an actual book, but you either assumed anything over 1500 words belonged in novel category or figured that it would be better to