Unforgetable Love | Teen Ink

Unforgetable Love

April 21, 2011
By meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas
More by this author
meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13


Author's note: Special thanks out to the person who inspired me the most to write this, my best friend and my love, Danny McMullan. I love you no matter what.

Have you ever felt the true powerful feeling of love? Love is the feeling that people tend to be affectionate with one another. One day everyone is going to find the one they are destined to be with. A man or a woman who loves and cares for their spouse and is there for every moment needed. Most women go through plenty of men to get to that special one. I am a high-spirited white teenager with red hair, hazel eyes, and a heart that welcomes most. I am a cheerleader but not one whose mind is stuck in the preppy world, a band member whose heart is dedicated to the band 100%, a straight "A" student, and a normal teenager living the typical teenage life. I am not perfect and I am human so I do make mistakes. Most of my mistakes involve guys who were totally not worth it. Guys who only want sex, guys who left me because I supposedly wanted someone else, and guys who just weren’t right for me. When my self esteem was low after a guy left me another one would come and pick up the piece s for a little while then threw them into the open water and let the sharks of my mind eat them alive. So even though I have been through a lot of guys who took my heart and broke it, I am still alive and having faith in what God has planned for me.
New guy? What is he like? Is he cute? Is he sweet? Does he play football? Is he smart? Many questions raced through my mind like high speed dragsters just over this "new guy" that I have yet to see all day since I have heard of him. I rushed out of all of my morning classes just to see if I could find him. Why was I trying so hard to find this one guy? Must be because my past two boyfriends and anyone else were just out of the ordinary and not right for me. It was almost the end of the day and I still haven’t seen this guy! I stepped into Mrs. Kirby’s Pre-AP English class, sat in my desk, and chatted with Reye' until suddenly she stops in mid conversation and says, "Who is that?" When I turned around, I seen a guy with curly blonde hair, dark blue jacket, gorgeous green eyes and looked interesting. My heart was beating hard to know more about him. I only knew three things, he was smart to be in the same class as me, he was cute, and his name was Daniel mostly known as Danny. Through the whole period the questions kept racing through my mind but how was I supposed to find the answers to any of them with one big problem in my way, I was shy!

That night I was on the social network that was popular at that time, MySpace, checking it just like every other teenager was in the world at that time. I don’t get much of anything usually, maybe a friend request or message occasionally. Well that night was a special night when I received a friend request from a Danny, which looked similar to the new guy at my school. I immediately accepted him and checked out everything about him on his profile. His status made my breathing completely stop..."Really liking this girl, hope she feels the same." I messaged him to see if he would give me details about this certain girl he liked and it felt like forever waiting on the reply message but with the reply I got I wished it would have been never instead of forever. The girl he was interested in was not me but Victoria. I was of course devastated but something told me to not give up hope because he didn’t even know me and yet trusted me enough to tell me who he was liking. I took a deep breath before responding then let him know that if he needed any help getting her I would do it. I was willing to give up what I wanted to give what I wanted what he wanted.
Ever since that night all I did was think of him and prepare for the upcoming practice TAKS. Why was he on my mind when I really knew nothing about him except his like for a redhead that wasn’t me? Practice TAKS is the most annoying thing that I really did not need at this time but what I didn’t know was that it was going to help me on this special day. After the practice TAKS was over we went to the cafeteria and watched a movie, played cards, or just hung out since it was a rough day on us freshmen. I was in the corner playing cards with friends and taking picture, keeping my mind off of him. It was all going good until he came and sat next to me, my heart started beating and I was turning really red. He started talking to me and surprisingly starting flirting too! As the day went on my heart never r stopped beating, I managed to get a picture with him, and I still got to hang out with my friend Vanessa afterschool which led to the happiness of the unknown. I was texting him, which I got the number the night I added him on MySpace, and he was at his basketball game getting ready to play. He acted like he really liked me so I was pretending to be Vanessa telling him all about me and that he should ask me out. Well by my surprise he asked me out after his game, they lost but he was so excited to be going out with me that he didn’t care and went around telling everyone.

Our relationship was full of surprises such as I ended up sharing some "firsts" with him. He was the first guy to ever share Valentine’s Day with me and that made me first realize how much I loved this guy. He was my world for a good three months then it all started going downhill. He went out with friends and I was young at that point so I got easily mad at anything and everything so when he did go out with friends I was very upset considering the people it was, where he was going, and what he was going to watch in theaters. A few days after his day out with friends it was a really boring day, raining and just one of those days you just need to stay inside. I got the text no girl wants to hear, "Sorry but I don’t think this is going to work out. I am not in love with you like I was before." When he broke my heart I thought I would lose him forever.
I went through lots of guys after him but none of them were like him, he was special in his own way. It was almost a year after our break up when we actually started talking again. Before this time period we associated with one another but not actually talked. We got closer and closer together in our friendship to where eventually we became best of friends. I told him every secret I ever had and trusted him with all of my heart. Every time I was with someone else after we got closer in our friendship he would come to mind. We hung out all the time just being the best friends we were. I loved being with him every chance I got and every time we just got closer. Every time I had a problem he would be the one for me to come to, he would listen to me, hold me tight, and be my shoulder to cry on. He was the best I could ask for. As our friendship got close he began to start calling me beautiful and being very romantic which was totally different from the first time we even were together. On December 4th, 2010 I came home from his house, laid on my bed, and at 11:04pm I received the text, "You wanna go out then." I was so relieved that I could have another shot at a relationship with him again. So that night we talked on the phone till 3am talking about all the memories we have had and I think that just made us closer.

Our relationship has gotten sweeter and sweeter every single day I go through it. Valentine’s Day was just one of those super extra sweet days. That day he wasn’t at school at all but I got to see him after school at his house. My Valentine’s Day present was he was supposed to make me dinner but that didn’t exactly happen considering that both of his parents were sick and he can’t cook without someone’s help and a red teddy bear. I personally think that my present to him was great, a Kit Kat pie. His favorite candy is Kit Kat so I didn’t have much money to get him anything so instead I made him a pie but it didn’t exactly turn out. When I went to put the mix into the pie crust I realized that it need to be mixed more so when I tried to pour it out the whole crust fell into it also. It was hilarious but it was also embarrassing because I felt bad that my present didn’t work out like it was supposed to. When he went to try some of it he said it was one of the best things he has ever eaten so then I started to feel better about it. Another one of those sweet days was when he had to come to school later than usual which upset me considering we always spent our mornings together. When he came back at his lunch time he brought me a surprise I didn’t know about. When the bell rang to go to my lunch I opened my locker and found a chocolate rose and a glass teddy bear with sweet messages to go with it. I almost cried in front of everyone because of that but instead I was just super happy. When I got into the lunchroom I was told to go to my mom’s office and to my surprise he also brought me lunch from KFC! He did lots of sweet out of the blue things for me.
My birthday was one of those days that I felt was going to suck because Danny was going to be gone all day while I was at school. When he got there early in the morning for his tennis tournament I went out to his vehicle so I could see him before he left. When he opened his door and came out to greet me, in his hand was a camouflage bag with Reese’s Pieces, Dr.Pepper, gum, chips and a dozen of roses sticking out of it. When we sat in the car for a little while he told me to look inside of it and he said, “Wow I didn’t know that bag had pockets!” Of course he was being sarcastic trying to get me to look into the pocket and what did I find? A small box with a beautiful sparkly ring. He said, “This is my promise to love you forever no matter what.” I showed that ring off all day long not caring what anyone had to say. Lots of girls said I’m the luckiest girl to have a guy who would do that for me. I felt like I was on top of the world.
One day that will never be forgotten in my life will be prom night. On April 9th, 2011 we were both getting ready for the night of our lives, junior prom. I had already gotten dressed and was waiting outside patiently for him to show up. As I waited I became nervous and our whole relationship ran through my love drunk mind. When he finally arrived my heart beat 200 beats per second and breathing became short. As I turned around to see my prince charming, his gorgeous green eyes, his spiked blonde hair, and his tight fit muscles in the tuxedo carrying my corsage. As he tried to attempt to put on the corsage my older sister, Crystal was taking snapshots to catch every moment for us to never forget. As we took our pictures with one another I couldn’t help but to think me and him had some kind of future together. As we left out to Kendall’s which is one of our friends all I did was smile but yet not breathe while I was around him. When we got to Kendall’s we ended up taking more pictures while we waited for our chariot arrival. We were all in the back waiting when Kendall’s dad came to tell us our ride was here, a white Hummer stretch limo. Victor, Alex, Kendall, Matthew, Kensey, Danny and I got into the limo and we all had a blast. We played with all of the buttons to see what they would all do, we sang, we danced, and by my request we made a toast. Danny poured all of our glasses with some sparkling juice that was made to look like wine and Victor, our only senior with us, was designated to make the toast to a wonderful night for all of us. When we got to the restaurant we all stepped out of the limo and we got the “Wow” stares from everyone inside. The food was not as good as we had hoped but we still all had smiles on our faces. Once we were done at the restaurant we got back into the limo to go to the hotel we had to wait at to dock onto the yacht. Once we got onto the yacht the party began. At first we were all kind of shy to get up and do anything but once The Wobble came on I got up and got all of them to join in. We had tons of fun dancing, laughing, smiling, and whatever else there was to do. There was one point while we were on the yacht that Danny took me outside onto the deck and we sat there against the railing looking into the water, daydreaming of our future, kissing softly, just being with one another. As our ride back to the dock became closer our love got stronger all we wanted to do was be with one another. One memory that is very clear is our last dance together in which I felt like he was my prince and I was his princess. Everyone watched as we were the last couple on the dance floor holding one another as we both silently had tears roll down our faces in the thought of how perfect our night was. I cannot picture my prom night with anyone else, he was the perfect person to bring for such a special night in my life.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 4 comments.


on Jul. 28 2011 at 8:36 pm
meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13

Thanks! I appreciate it!

on Jul. 28 2011 at 12:59 pm
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
19 articles 1 photo 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

It was very good!:) But the only thing that bothered me was there was no dialogue and everything went by really fast. But, I'm just one of those people who like dialogue. Good job though!(:

on Apr. 25 2011 at 6:17 am
meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13

thanks i appreciate the comment and i will whenever i get the chance but the second line was like the definiton of love thats what it was meant to be like :))

PJD17 SILVER said...
on Apr. 24 2011 at 3:42 pm
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois
8 articles 0 photos 624 comments

Favorite Quote:
I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

i havnt read all of it but so far so good  i do have some critisism  the first chapte especially deffintly needs some touching up as far as word choice and sentance structure  for example, the second line doesnt really make perfect sense  " Love is the feeling that people tend to be affectionate with one another"  i think that line deffintly needs some reworking   as well as just a few other parts of the first chapter   other than that though its pretty good   could you please read and comment on the first chapter or two of my novel A Place Called Heaven its on the third page of most discussed