A Prohibited Relationship. | Teen Ink

A Prohibited Relationship.

May 12, 2012
By Shan., Glasgow, Other
More by this author
Shan., Glasgow, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: I don't really know were this idea came from. It just randomly came to me and I decided to give it a bash and create a novel.

The author's comments:
ENJOY!!!

It was Wednesday, 1st of September the start of a new year at college. I was in my room looking in the full length mirror. My long blonde hair was straight. My make up was perfect and I was proud of my pink full lips. I had on a brown see through shirt and a vest top on underneath it with a black dress jacket over it, brown skinny jeans with black heels. I grabbed my bag off of my bed and headed into the living room. I was sitting on the couch waiting on Amy and Cole. It was the first day back of our second year of college. You’d think because it’s the first day back the two of them would actually want to make an effort to turn up on time. Sadly nope I share a flat with two of the loudest, obnoxious, big headed people I know. I looked at the clock and it read 8:25. I groaned inwardly at myself. I was actually thinking about leaving them and letting them get the bus to college or pay for a taxi.

“Will you to move!” I shouted tapping my foot against the coffee table.

“Babe it takes time I can’t always look perfect” Cole shouted from his room in his Essex’s accent.

“Well if you don’t move you will be sporting a nice shinny black eye” I said through gritted teeth.

“Ok ok I’m coming!” He shouted and slammed his door shut behind him and entered my line of view.

“That’s what she said!” Amy shouted in her heavy Irish accent coming into my sight.

I groaned.

“Amy it’s only half 8 please enough with the sexual references” I said pulling my eyebrows together.

She snickered while making her way into the kitchen and came out with an apple. She was leaning against the kitchen door frame while biting into her apple.

“Are you really wearing that?” I asked in disbelieve.

She had on a white and blue baggy stripped shirt with a green scarf around her neck and the shortest denim shorts I have ever seen. The shirt was longer than the shorts to be frank.

“Yeah, I wanna make an impression why?” She giggled.

I shock my head at her as she took another bite out of her apple.

“You should buy longer shorts Amy; I can see your ass cheeks!” I said not amused.

“Funny that, cause I got them from your wardrobe” She said while turning and shaking her ass at me.

“Shake what your mumma gave ya” She sang still shaking her bum from side to side.

“Those are mine?” I asked in disbelieve while making a face.

“Yes love” She said grinning while turning back around to face me.

“I need to invest in longer shorts” I said disgusted then continued. “Are you guys ready?”

“Yes sir” Amy said mocking my Scottish accent.

I rolled my eyes at her and got up from the couch and made my way to the front door. I opened it and shoved the two of them out the door and locked it. We stayed in luxuries apartments in the middle of England. I bet your wonder why a Scottish, Irish and Essex person all live in London in the same flat? Well we all moved to London because the college choice was better. We all met last year which was our first year of college. Amy and Cole were standing arguing over who had better hair, childish I know. I intervened and then we instantly all became friends. We all got stuck with sucky roommates in college campus so we decided to split in 3 ways for the apartment.

I unlocked my mini and climbed in the diver’s seat. None of them were aloud to sit in the front because they have a habit of almost making me crash. So Cole and Amy sat in the back and were arguing over who could pull the most boys. I snorted and started the car.

“What you snorting at piggy?” Amy sang.

“Well first of all you don’t even really like boys and second you guys are so immature making everything a competition”

“Well you’re just …. BORING” Cole said laughing.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out of the parking space and drove to college. All the way there I had to put up with their constant babble. They were talking about celebrities they would and wouldn’t do. The two of them were similar but yet so different. Their personalities clash all the time.

“Ohhhh Hayley!” Amy screams and whacks my shoulder.

I squeal as I lose control of the car and swerve into the other lane. I scream as I almost collide with on coming traffic. I then grip the steering wheel and pulled into the lane I was suppose to be in then hit the breaks. Amy and Cole stopped screaming now and pushed each other away as they were clinging to each other for dear life.

“Amy” I screamed turning around in my seat and glaring at her. “What have I told you about shouting in my ear and physically attacking me, while driving you're going to get us killed one day” I snapped.

I turned the key and the car started up again. I began to drive again and went round a round-a-about.

“I’m sorry Hayley”

I nodded while gripping the steering wheel tighter.

“Ohhh yeah I remember now we have a new assistant lecturer person that’s going to be there this year, apparently next year they’re taking over Johns position” She said happily.

“Wooo” I replied dryly.

“I hope he or she’s a babe” She sang.

“It wouldn’t matter teacher/student rules” I smirked.

“I don’t care I’ll be banging them for good grades” She replied proudly.

“But he or she wouldn’t technically be a teacher just one in training” Cole butt in.

“The same rules apply idiot because he or she would be our lecturer next year and Amy that’s just low” I said rolling my eyes.

“Ohh” Cole said sinking back into the seat.

“Put you're seat belt on!” I snapped.

I seen him rolling his eyes in my mirror but pulled on his belt anyway as did Amy.

“I swear you guys better be on your best behaviour this year I can’t go through all the drama like last year” I sighed.

“Yes mum” They said in sync and giggled.

I rolled my eyes at them and took a sharp left causing Amy to smack her head off the window and Cole to smack his head off of her shoulder. I smiled triumphantly at their groans and apologised while holding in my laughter.

“Hayley you did that on purpose?” Amy groaned.

“OMG! If I get a black eye I’m going to cry and kill you Hayley Hunter!” Cole snapped.

I snorted.

“Please you couldn’t hurt a fly Cole you just don’t have it in you” I snickered.

I could hear him mutter under his breath but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. Around 5 minuets later I pulled into the college car park and circled looking for a parking space. Once I found one I parked and got out the car as did Cole and Amy. I grabbed my bag and shut the door while locking my car. We made our way into the building and saying hello to the passing students we knew. We all went into the canteen and I got a coffee to calm my nerves. Amy got a lucozade and Cole was tanning the red bull as he was out parting last night and hasn’t had much sleep.

“Well my lovely’s I will see you at break or lunch bye” Cole said and skipped off.

“He is so gay!” Amy sang.

“Yeah and you're so bi now lets go” I said annoyed.

“And you're so up tight” She laughed.

“Am not” I snapped.

“Whatever” She sang.

We made our way to the second floor and entered our lecture hall. There were a lot of faces I knew from last year. I walked to the back and sat beside Kelly and Tom with Amy on my right.

“Hi guys!” I smiled.

“Hey” They both replied.

“How was your summer?” I smiled.

“Yeah was good” Kelly replied.

“Excepted she almost killed us both in a car accident” Tom laughed.

I turned to look at Amy knowingly and she giggled.

“Yeah ano the feeling” I said turning back to them.

“So have either of you heard anything about this assistant lecturer then?” Amy asked while leaning over me to look at the twins.

“Nope” Kelly replied popping the P while Tom shook his head.

“Damn” Amy said flinging herself against the back of the chair.

Kelly laughed and raised an eyebrow.

“Amy thinks she can sleep with who ever it is for a better grade” I snickered.

“Aww yeah I forgot all the sweets in the candy shop where open to you” Tom laughed.

I burst out laughing also and I seen Amy blush. It is very rare to get Amy to blush. I looked up at the door and seen Jessica walk in. She was the one that wears the fake tan, hair extensions and what not. The pretty one – The one that’s confident and knows she’s good looking. She’s a really nice girl and would do anything to help you out pretty much like myself. Amy’s the opposite and would do anything to pretty much get you stuck in awkward situations. Jessica smiled at me and waved and I replied with my own smile and wave. She took a seat next to Gareth the sporty one. Everyone in the class was talking until the door opened and in walked the most sexiest’s guy alive and no I wasn’t over exaggerating. What I’d do to kiss him! My mind screamed at me. Hey don’t judge I have some sort of a sex drive like everyone else. I ran my eyes over Mr Hottie and gasped a little when I met his eyes. My jaw was open slightly and I seen Amy rub her hands together. Kelly was fidgeting and most of the other girls where fixing themselves and giggling. We may be in college but trust me when it come’s to guy’s its like being in high school all over again. He took front and centre and smiled brightly looking over everyone. Once his eyes landed on me he smirked, probably because I was totally checking him out. I blushed and looked down at the desk.

“Ok hi everyone my names Evan Gray and I’m the trainee lecturer” I looked up and seen him grinning.

Wohhh hold up! He’s the trainee lecturer he looks- I was pulled out of my thoughts by him talking again.

“Ano what your all thinking he doesn’t look old enough to be a school teacher never mind a college lecturer but it’s all about who you know” His grin still in place.

“So John isn’t joining us today as he is busy with the business school so you will have me all day-”

“Yes I will” Amy whispered under her breath.

I nudged her and rolled my eyes at her sexual needs and looked back to Mr Hottie. He was wearing a white shirt with a few buttons undone which meant everyone got a peek at his well defined chest. He had a black tie on but it wasn’t done all the way up. He had a black smart jacket over it and black dress trousers. His hair was brown/blonde and shortish, his fringe swept to the right and landed just above his amazing blue eyes. My heart beat increased as my eyes met his. He smirked at me again and I looked else where. He was seriously gorgeous. I wasn’t caring about student/teacher rules I’d seriously jump his bones right now. Stop it! I scolded myself. This wasn’t me I didn’t have random meaningless sex like Amy. Not that It’s a bad thing. I shook my head and cleared all thoughts of Mr Hottie.

“First off I’m coming around with your time tables” He smiled pushing himself of the desk walking around handing out white bits of paper. He placed one in front of Tom then Kelly, Me and Amy. He walked back down to the front and leaned against the desk again.

“So as you can see you guys get Thursday off “He spoke with a smile.

“Which means we can go out tonight” I heard Jessica say excitedly.

Evan laughed.

“So I spoke with John and he said that normally the first week is boring and nothing get’s done so today I want to get to know you all better” He smiled and walked around handing out more paper.

I had my eyes on the table at all times even when Amy was nudging me and trying to get my attention. His hand flashed in front of my eyes as he placed a bit of paper in front of me and one in front of Amy. He snickered under his breath and walked off. Does he know the effect he has on me already, how I just seem to want him right now? I looked up and seen his standing front and centre again.

“Ok so pair up with someone anyone you like and I want to know a few facts about your partner so right them down I’m giving you all 10 minuets” He smiled and sat on Johns desk. (A/N: Johns their actual lecturer)

I turned around to Amy who was, eye humping Evan like I practically was earlier on. I nudged her and she turned to me grinning.

“Ohh this is going to be a good year” She sang.

I rolled my eyes at her.

“I thought you said you didn’t like boys as much as girls?” I asked curious.

“I don’t but come on he’s cute I can work with cute” She grinned.

I snorted.

“He’s not cute Amy” I said.

He’s effing handsome my thoughts rushed on ahead and I could feel my face starting to heat up at the inappropriate thoughts of my soon to be lecturer.

“Judging by that very cute blush on your face I’m assuming you think he’s majorly hot?” She laughed.

“Right ok now back to this stupid arse” I laughed.

“Hey! I seen you eyeing him up earlier don’t deny it you want his ass” She laughed.

“Look around Amy every girl in this room wants him probably every girl in the freaking college!” I whispered.

She laughed.

“Admit it even you’d tap that?” She laughed.

“You girls are supposed to be talking about each other and finding out facts not fantasying about me” He smirked.

Amy giggled like actually giggled like a girl, wither as I narrowed my eyes at the cocky jerk.

“Sorry Evan” Amy said fluttering her eye lashes and smiling innocently.

My eyes widened at her behaviour and then turned my eyes to Evan who was looking at me for god knows what. Was he waiting on an apology?

“What?” I snapped.

He laughed and then smirked.

“Nothing now get back to what you’re actually supposed to be doing” He said walking away.

I turned to Amy and narrowed my eyes at her.

“You done that on purpose” I snapped.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about love” She sang while righting things on the bit of paper.

I sipped at my coffee and sighed as the warm liquid ran down my throat. I looked over my coffee cup and seen Evan staring at me with that stupid cocky smirk on his face. How I’d loved to wipe that look clean off of his face. Although he does look amazingly hot still.

I put down my coffee cup and I groaned while smacking my head of the desk. This year was going to be hard if he took up pretty much every thought in my head right now how will it be in months to come? Jesus I’m not even involved with him romantically in anyway and he has me hooked on his amazingly god like looks. If only his personal was equally as amazing. I heard a snicker and knew who it was coming from. I refused to look up. My head still rested on my arm I turned it to the right and started right on the bit of paper.

“Ok guys times up” Evan said.

I slowly raised my head and looked at the front where Evan was standing smiling at everyone.

“Who wants to go first?”

“I do!” I heard Amy scream from next to me.

“Ok well stand up and introduce yourself and your partner” He smiled.

Amy pushed her chair back a little and stood up. She cleared her throat and began to speak unfortunately.

“My names Amy Adams and this” She said pointing to me. “Is my partner Hayley Hunter” She grinned.

“Ok well hello Miss Adams and Miss Hunter” He smirked.

I nodded at him and looked back down at the floor.

“Well Hayley is 18 and is 19 on June 30th. She likes to boss me and our friend Cole around because well we are kind of immature-“

I scoffed.

“Kind of!?” I interrupted her.

“Hayley don’t interrupt you will get your turn” He smirked.

“Yeah Hayley” Amy sang.

I rolled my eyes and had a bad feeling about this.

“Continue Amy” He smiled.

“As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted” She looked down at me giving me a knowing smile. “She likes to boss me and our friend Cole around cause we are kind of immature. Hayley is originally from Scotland as you can tell by her sexy accent. We all stay together in a flat about 20 minuets from here and she’s a nervous driver mostly because of me” She laughed and I rolled my eyes while taking a sip of my coffee.

“She’s awfully shy when it comes to boys so that’s probably why Hayley is well a virgin-“

I spat my coffee out and looked at a smirking Amy.

“Amy!” I cried.

“What there’s nothing wrong with being an 18 year old virgin” She snickered.

“Amy!” I growled.

“Ok so I lied about that one but she wasn’t had it in what-“She paused for effect while trying to think. “Years!” She beamed.

I groaned and slouched down into my chair and blushed. I could hear snickering going on in the class and Evan was one of them. I could feel tears pricking at my eyes from the humiliation. I looked down at my desk and she carried on.

“Hayley likes to sing and dance and she’s surprisingly good at both” She said and then sat back down. I didn’t bother looking up the class or looking at her I just kept my head down and stared at the piece of paper on my desk.

“Hayley?” I heard his mesmerising voice.

I groaned inwardly. This couldn’t get any worse. She’s made me look like a right idiot in front of everyone of our class mates as well at Evan.

“What?” I said still looking at the piece of paper.

“Your turn” He said.

I nodded and stood up still looking down at the piece of paper. I lifted it up and basically put it in my face so no one could see my flushed face and watery eyes. I was pretending to read of the paper but there were just scribbles on it. I cleared my throat.

“Well as you can tell Amy has a big mouth and doesn’t know when to keep it shut. She’s 19 and will be 20 on November 5th even though she acts like a 5 year old. She’s from Ireland and Amy likes sex but can’t make up her mind wither she’s straight or gay so she opts to be bi cause she’s greedy that way. She likes to embarrass people and is loud. She still sleeps with her blanket Mr Snuggles” I put the paper down on the desk and looked Evan right in the eyes.

“And wants to bang Evan for a better grade” I smiled shrugging and sat down.

Evan’s face was one of shock and Amy was blushing like crazy. Evan cleared his throat and smirked then nodded slight and looked around the classroom.

“Who’s next?” He asked as if neither of us said inappropriate things.

“I’m going to kill you” Amy said under her breath.

“Not if I kill you first” I mumbled back.

“Why did you say those things?” She asked her voice full of hurt.

I turned my body to face her and stared at her.

“You started it by saying I was a so called virgin and everything else!” I snapped.

“At least I said you where good at singing and dancing” She said.

I shrugged.

“I said you liked sex that’s a positive?” I said.

She burst out laughed and hugged me. I looked at her confused.

“Aww I love you man!” She beamed.

My face was probably one of confusion. I just got up and publicly embarrassed her by saying all that and it didn’t faze her? When she had me almost crying from embarrassment! What he hell.

Evan was staring at me smirking again and I looked back down at the table. Stupid hot lecturer to be. About an hour and a half later everyone had finished their little talks about one and other.

“Ok that was great very entertaining” He said looking in mines and Amy’s direction. “So it’s only fair that you find out a little about me so everyone have a question ready for me” He beamed.

“Ok Jessica?” He smiled.

“What age are you?”

“24” He smiled.

“Are you single?” Kelly asked.

He looked as if he was thinking long and hard about his answer.

“Yes” He laughed.

“What’s your favourite hobby?” Tom asked.

“Probably going to the gym” Evan replied.

“Amy?” Evan asked.

“Virgin or not?” She beamed and I chocked on the air.

“Not” He laughed.

He turned his attention to me. S***! I didn’t have a question. I started to rack my brain for a question.

“Where are you originally from?” I asked.

“Florida” He smiled.

He looked at the boy beside Amy.

“I’m not really interested in you mate” He said and I burst out laughing.

Evan looked at me with narrowed eyes and I bit my lip to stop myself for laughing all over again.

“Well I wasn’t particularly interested in you but still had to listen but hey who’s next?” He said and looked at a girl in the row in front of us.

“When’s your birthday?” She asked.

“January 1st” He replied.

He turned to another girl who wasn’t here last year and tbh? I couldn’t tell you her name.

“Would you date a student?” She beamed.

My, Amy, Kelly and Tom all gasped out slightly while Jessica chocked on her water and Gareth was laughing his head off. Most of the other students started whispering. Evan just stared blankly at her, once he got himself together he stared around the room and his eyes landed back to the girl that asked the question.

“No I wouldn’t want to get sacked from work now would I or get the student kicked out” He said giving the best grin he could muster.

“So If it was legal, would you?” She continued.

He shifted uncomfortably probably from everyone’s gaze. You could tell all the girls were dying for him to say yes.

“Well If It was legal then probably” He said smirking.

After Q and A we went on a break. I left the room and went to the canteen with Amy by my side. We spotted Cole in the canteen at a table and we sat with him.

“How is your first day back?” Cole asked.

“Eventful. Hayley has a crush on our new trainee lecturer” She giggled.

I groaned.

“I don’t have a crush grow up he’s hot that’s about it!” I snapped.

“Wow someone’s on their bad week” Cole cooed.

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the chair and walked over to the coffee machine. I got another coffee and walked back to the room. I sat at my desk in silence as there was no one in the room thank god. I was sipping at my coffee enjoying the piece and quiet when the door opened and in waked Evan. I groaned inwardly. I kept my eyes on the table and tapped my fingers against my coffee cup. I saw his thigh as he was sitting on my desk. I looked up at him and seen him smirking down at me which caused me to blush slightly.

“What?” I asked.

He laughed and I looked back up at his handsome face.

“You and Amy are rather entertaining to watch especially the way you try to control your anger and your blush” He grinned.

I blushed even deeper now and took a long sip off my coffee so I wouldn’t have to say anything. I nodded slight and then the next words out of my mouth – I would probably regret.

“Are you always so observant with your other students?” I said without thinking.

He looked taken aback and shock filled his face, then it turned to anger. I began to panic s***! But he completely ignored the question. You’d think he never heard me, if his facial expression never changed I would have guessed he never heard me. His facial expression changed again but I couldn’t read it.

“So you’re from Scotland?” He said in his thick American accent.

“Yup” I said popping the p.

“I’ve always wanted to visit Scotland” He said laughing.

I looked up at him.

“Why it’s constantly raining?” I laughed slightly.

“Nice scenery” He smirked.

“Ohh” Was my only reply.

He leaned in slightly.

“You have a very cute accent” He said staring into my eyes.

I blushed hard and looked down at my cup of coffee. Jessica came bursting through the door and Evan didn’t move from the desk. She came up to us and sat on Amy’s seat. Evan’s phone rang; he smiled down at both of us then got up and walked off. He pulled his phone out and looked at the screen. I could see the muscles on his back tensed through his shirt because he complained it was to hot and took off his jacket. He shoved the phone back into the pocket of his trousers not bothering to answer it.

“So we are all going to town tonight to get drunk you know back at college celebration you joining? Amy is ohh and Cole” She said brining me back to reality.

“Sure” I smiled I needed a night out especially after todays antics.

“Great! We are all meeting in the pub sugar cube at 9”She smiled.

“Ok I’ll be there” I smiled.

She nodded and walked back out of the classroom again. I tapped my coffee cup with my fingers again and Evan walked up to me and put his hand over mine. I gasped slightly at his touch. His hand was so warm against mines. I felt my hand begin to sweat slightly at his touch. My tummy was also doing little flips at the sudden contact. I looked up at him and he looked amused.

“Stop with the tapping it’s irritating” He smirked and removed his hand leaving my hand cold.

“Sorry” I replied blushing.

He just chuckled at me and nodded. He leaned in again to say something. The door then opened and he turned around and walked back down to John’s desk. Amy came into my line of view and was grinning like an idiot. She basically skipped her way up the row of tables and plopped down on the seat next to me. She leaned in.

“So you and Evan looked cosy what where you guys talking about?” She smiled.

“We didn’t behave! And he asked how much a coffee was” I lied easily.

“Hmmm sure he did” She laughed.

“He did” I said sipping at my own coffee.

She laughed and shrugged it off thank god. I really couldn’t be arsed with her constant questioning me. I leaned in to her.

“Even if I did like him more than a lecturer which I don’t, I wouldn’t act on it because it’s illegal” I lied again.

Her eyes widened and she turned and her noes brushed off of mines. I didn’t even flinch away from the sudden touch because I’m used to Amy being in my face.

“You like him don’t you” She whispered.

I looked out at the corner of my eye and seen Evan stare at us with wide eyes. I turned my eyes back to Amy and then realised it looked as if we were about to kiss. I snickered under my breath and Amy looked confused. Her face then went a tad red and she giggled, so she clicked on also. She cocked her head to the side and I swear I thought she leaned in further.

“Yeah and I have no idea why he’s a cocky jerk, I think it’s just his looks” I breathed while blushing.

She started jumping up and down on her chair and clapping her hands. I blinked a few times then pulled away from her. What the hell?

I heard a chuckle coming from the front of the room and knew who it was. I heard foot steps and he was standing in front of us.

“What’s got you so happy Amy?” He smiled.

She had that stupid evil glare in her eyes and that evil smirk on her face. She was planning something and I knew it was going to back fire on me.

“I just confessed my love to her and she went to kiss me! I was expecting her to reject me! And well I’m just so happy” She beamed grinning at Evan while squeezing my knee.

His eyes darted to my knee then to my face. Evan’s face was hard to read I thought I saw horror then he composed his facial expression and he was smirking.

“Lesbians? I could work with that” He grinned.

“I bet you could Evan” Amy purred.

I shook my knee and she took her hand off of my knee and slung it on the back on my chair. She was grinning like an idiot and still had that evil look in her eyes. I turned my head around to face her and I plastered a fake grin on my face as she leaned her head in slightly. What the f*** is she doing? I began to panic and I leaned back a bit too much and fell backward off my chair. I screamed and landed on the floor with a dull thud. I heard Evan burst out laughing and Amy was now in my chair leaning down.

“Are you ok?” She asked with fake hurt. She was making a face saying go with it.

I was so confused this girl was totally bi-polar. I swear if she has a thing for me I will have to knock some sense into her.

“Sorry I just don’t think kissing in front of a lecturer is appropriate” It was more of a question. Amy grinned back at me and put a thumb up quickly then turned around to face Evan.

“You don’t mind do you Evan?” She smiled innocently.

I was still on the floor and I didn’t bother moving. Evan’s face was like thunder and he gave a tight nod. He turned on his heels and walked back down to the front. I jumped up and push Amy off of my chair and she plopped down on her own. I snapped my head around to her.

“What the hell is your problem?” I whispered/shouted at her.

She grinned like an idiot.

“He likes you” She said simply sipping at her water.

“Don’t be so stupid” I said fixing my shirt that had ridden up due to the fall.

“I’m not, did you not see his face and his body language when we almost kissed and when you said it was ‘inappropriate’ to kiss in front of him-“

She was interrupted when Evan started to speak. I hadn’t noticed that everyone was back from break. Amy nudged me and I turned to face her.

“What?” I snapped.

“I’m sorry about trying to kiss you and everything but my plan worked-“

“What plan?” I asked nervous.

“I thought he had a thing for you he always smirks at you and when I came in I seen the way you where looking at each other It’s obvious-“

“Woooh there calm down! We’ve only known him what 3 hours? I think he’s hot that’s it stop playing match maker I hate when you do this Amy you done it with Craig and scared him away!” I snapped.

“Hayley?” A new voice said.

My heart picked up speed and I tried to control my blush, tried being the key word.

“Yes?” I said looking up.

“Keep your lovers tiff for outside the classroom” He said.

“Sorry” I mumbled while my cheeks turned red.

The rest of the day past by in a blur. At lunch Amy filled in Cole on what happened and he couldn’t stop laughing at our ‘lesbian moment’ For the rest of the day Amy kept touching me at inappropriate times and you could see the announce on Evan’s face. I was seriously beginning to think he didn’t like gays. Not that I’m actually gay, but Amy and Cole are. So that’s why he was being all moody towards us, because he doesn’t like gays. I was pulled out of my thoughts.

“Ok guys I’ll see you all tomorrow” Evan smiled.

“Evan!” Jessica beamed.

“Yes?” He replied while shoving papers into his bag.

“We are all going out tonight and we were all wondering if you wanted to join us?” She asked.

“I don’t think that would be appropriate” He replied.

“Why not? We are all of age and plus it’s not like you’re a school teacher with under agers lots of lectures do it John does it all the time” She smiled.

He stood there thinking about it for a while then looked up from Jessica to Amy and I then back to Jessica.

“Sure thing” He smiled.

“Great we’re all meeting at Sugar Cube at 9” She smiled.

“The gay bar?” He asked annoyed.

“Yes it’s cheap in there for drinks is that a problem?”

“No not at all see you at 9” He smiled while exiting the classroom.

I groaned. This was going to be the worse night ever. I could hear Amy laugh beside me as we exited the room and made our way out of the building.

“Hey maybe you can make your move when he’s drunk” She smiled.

“Shut up! It’s your fault he practically hates us” I sneered.

“How?” She asked confused.

“Don’t you get it? He’s homophobic” I said in a duh voice.

She burst out laughing.

“That’s why he was annoyed when you tried to kiss me and when he looked annoyed when Jessica told him we were all meeting in sugar cube”

She stopped laughing and was thinking about it I guess. I unlocked the door to my mini and climbed into the driver’s seat while shutting the door. Amy got in the back and we waited for Cole.

“Seriously I don’t think he’s homophobic-“

“Whatever you say we will just agree to disagree” I said.

I could hear her trying to hold in a giggle. I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour and started drumming my fingers against the steering wheel. About 5 minuets later Cole came running over to the car and climbed in. He huffed out and shoved his hair dressing kit in the front seat next to me where my bag also was.

“Have a good day?” I asked starting the engine.

“Yeah was good you both?” He asked.

“Don’t even get me started after the whole lesbian moment I’m pretty convinced he’s homophobic” I said to Cole while pulling the car out of the parking spot and driving home.

Cole didn’t say anything about the matter but went on to another subject.

“So our class is going out tonight apparently a girl called Jessica knows a lot of the hair dressing girls so we are taking along with the business students i.e. you both” He smiled.

“Yeah and Evan’s tagging along also” Amy grinned.

“The trainee?” Cole asked.

She nodded.

“What about John?” He asked wagging his eyebrows.

Cole had a thing for John. Although John was happily married and not gay. I laughed.

“He wasn’t in today so no invite” I smirked.

“Awww” He whined.

“Trust me Evan’s muuuuuch better looking” Amy laughed.

Cole shrugged.

“I guess I’ll see tonight” He grinned.

“We hitting town then to buy new outfits then?” I asked annoyed knowing the answer.

“Obviously!” They both said.

I nodded and turned left and headed towards the big shopping centre in town. I was planning on dressing to kill tonight not really caring what happens.

*****

***** I pulled into the car park of the shopping centre and found a parking space near the entrance. I got out the car and waited on tweedle dee and tweedle dum to get out the car. Once they both got out I locked the car and made my way into the shopping centre. My heels clicked against the flooring of the shopping centre. Amy and Cole ran up behind me out of breath. “Slow down” Amy said huffing. “That’s what she said” I said mocking her Irish accent. She burst out laughed and so did I. “Nice one” She grinned. I was walking behind Amy slightly minding my own business when I bumped into her. I stumbled back a little and stared at the back of her head. “What the hell!?” I shouted. She was basically licking the window. I walked over to her and nudged her. “I’ve found my dress for tonight!” She squealed. She grabbed my arm not waiting for a reply and dragged me into the shop. Cole was hot on our heels. She pulled me to the back of the store and was eyes a goldish, sparkly, short dress. She looked through the dresses until she found her size and raced to the dressing rooms. Cole and I sat on the soft plush chairs outside the changing rooms. I began to tap my foot against the floor. Two minuets later she came out and twirled. “So?” “If I was straight I’d do you” Cole beamed. I laughed and she looked at me for my approval as always and I nodded. She started jumping up and down clapping. “If I were you I wouldn’t do that unless you want everyone to see your superman undies” I laughed. She laughed and went back into the shop and got changed. She came back out and paid for her dress and we exited the shop. We were walking along just looking at the displays of clothes in windows when I was suddenly grabbed into another store. Amy grabbed something and then a pair of high red heels. She threw me both items and shoved me into the changing rooms. I sighed. I pulled off my clothes and heels. I pulled on the blue and white ‘dress’ with a red bit around the neck. I pulled on the red heels. I pulled the curtain and stepped out and they both looked at me. “This is not a dress it’s a freaking t shirt Amy!” I cried. She snickered. “You can pull it of babe I mean come on it makes your boobs look great and shows of your flat stomach” She grinned. “Are you trying to hit on me again!?” I asked giggling. She laughed and shook her head. “Yeah Hayley you should defo wear that Evan will be well impressed” Cole chimed in. I rolled my eyes. “Whatever you say but I’m not wearing this to impress him” I snapped. I walked back in to the changing room and pulled of the t shirt and heels. I put back on my own clothes and heels. I exited the changing rooms and went and paid for my things. We left and went into Cole’s favourite shop. He bought a white shirt and light brown chinos. We were all happy with what we bought for tonight she headed home. Once we all got out of the car and into the flat we put some music on and opened a bottle of wine. I was last in the shower as always because I take less time to get ready than those two. I dried myself and put on a red laced thong and matching bra. I sat at my dresser and dried my blonde hair. After it was dried I curled it. I then applied foundation and dusted powder over it. I then applied blusher and fixed my fake eyelashes so they were sitting right. I went over my lashes with mascara and then applied eyeliner then added pink lipstick. I looked in the mirror and was happy with my appearance. I pulled the ‘dress’ over my head and put on the red heels. I grabbed my black clutch that had everything in it I need and exited my room. Cole and Amy where already sitting waiting on me in the living-room. They both turned around once I opened my door and smiled at me, Of course I returned it. I looked at the clock hanging on the living-room wall and it was quarter to 9. “You guys ready?” I asked. “Yeah!” They both scream in unison. I laughed and nodded while pulling out my blackberry from my clutch bag. I dialled a taxi number and told them were to pick us up and where we were going. We didn’t wait long it came at 10 to. We all climbed into the taxi and told him the address. The taxi pulled up out side Sugar Cube bang on 9. We paid him and climbed out of the taxi. I put both hands on my hip, Cole link his arm through my left and Amy through my right. We walked into the pub and found our friends almost immediately. We hugged everyone and chatted. Jessica then arrived. “Is everyone here?” She asked excited. “Yup” I said popping the p although I was lying. “Nope” Amy looked and gave me an annoyed look. “Evan’s not here” She said. “He went to the toilet” Kelly smiled. My heart beat increased and my palms got clammy. Ewww gross I thought to myself. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Evan came out of the gents toilets and walked over to us. About half way over he made eye contact. He ran his eyes over my body which made me feel self conscious. His eyes then made contact with mines again and he smirked. He was standing next to me now smiling at everyone. “Hello” He said smiling in mines, Amy and Cole’s direction. Cole shot his hand out and grinned. “Hi I’m Cole” He beamed. Evan shook his hand and returned the smile. “Evan” Cole and Evan dropped each others hand. Cole came right next to me and his lips came to my ear. “Well hello! Now I know why you have a thing for him” He said giggling as I blushed. Evan looked at me and smirked again probably at my blush which caused my face to heat up even more. I spun on my heels and headed over to the bar. I order a s*** load of shots and of course the barman was to busy chatting me up to even notice everyone else that wanted served. “I don’t think your customers are very happy” I laughed while nodding my head to the angry mob. He turned to face the crowd and his eyes widened slightly. “Well I best get back to work” He laughed, winked then walked over to the crowd. I picked up one shot glass and put it to my lips and tipped it into my mouth letting the liquid run down my throat burning it. I put the glass back down. I had a few more shots when I felt someone’s arm rub against mines. I looked up and locked eyes with Evan. I turned away from him and looked back down at my shoots and finished the other 2 that were sitting there. “Something tells me you’re not normally a drinker” He said observing me. “Something tells me you have major mood swings” I said without caring. His eyebrows pulled together and he stared deep in my eyes as if he could read my thoughts. “What’s that suppose to mean?” He asked. “One minuet your happily smirking at me and being nice I guess the next your looking at me like you want to kill me” I said while flagging the bartender over. “What can I get you babe?” He said while smiling. “More shots and a vodka and orange please and whatever he wants” I smiled nodding my head towards Evan. The bartender looked and Evan and he shook his head smiling. He nodded and went of to pour me my drinks I’m guessing. Evan shifted from foot to foot and then decided to sit on the bar stool next to mines. “I don’t suffer from mood swings and I was not looking at you like that Hayley” I groaned inwardly. I love how my name rolls of his tongue. I turned my head towards him and stared into his eyes this time as If I could read his thoughts. “I think you have a problem with gays” I blurted out. Stupid drink is going to my head already. That’s what happens when you don’t eat much before coming out. “What?” He snapped. “Well after you – when – in the class – when Amy and I almost kissed” I finally got out without blushing. “What about it?” He asked. “That’s when you went all funny” I pointed out. The bartender came back with my shots of absence and my vodka. I gave him the money and told him to keep the change which earned me a wink. I took another shot and placed the empty shot glass my down. I turned to see Evan studying me. He didn’t bother to respond to the statement I made which leads me to believe that he is homophobic. I saw his eyes flicker to my lips then back to my eyes again. I picked up two shot glasses one in each hand. I handed him one and he took it. We clinked our glasses together and I brought the glass to my lips and swallowed the liquid setting the glass back down. Amy came bounding over and wrapped her arm around mines and Evan shoulders. “Hey kids!” She shouted over the music. “Kids? There’s only one kid here” Evan said. “I’m not a kid” I snapped. “Sure kido” He smiled. I groaned and knocked back more shots. He thought I was a kid? I was nearly 19 that’s hardly a kid! I could fell a blush making its way to my cheeks. “Woah there! What’s got into you I’ve never seen you drink so much before” Amy shouted. “And for someone who doesn’t normally drink you’re handling it well” Evan laughed. “Amy I’m right next to you no need to effing shout!” I said annoyed. “Sorry” She sang while swaying a little. She still had her arm around mines and Evan’s shoulder. I then realised she wasn’t swaying in time with the music which meant she was swaying because she was steaming drunk. “Are you alright Amy?” I asked. “Yeah you look steaming” Evan chimed in laughing. She squeezed her arms around mines and Evan’s shoulders more so now our faces were practically in her boobs. “You guys would make such a cute couple!” She beamed while I chocked on the air and Evan looked confused. “I thought you both were – you know gay?” He said. Amy laughed. “No we just like to pull pranks on new teachers – Surprise! If you listened to me introducing my partner today you’d know I said she’s shy round boys and hasn’t had it in – ages” She said through laughter. Evan looked at me and I blushed like mad. He burst out laughing and nodded. “So you are both straight then?” He asked. I shook my head and his face fell for a split second then he smiled slightly. “I’m bi like Hayley said today while introducing me to the class, but Hayley’s as straight as they come why’d you think she fell off her chair when I tried to kiss her?” She laughed again. “Ohh” He said while smirking at me. I blushed slightly and downed another shot. “Well I’m going back to Cole I’ll leave you two love birds alone” She smiled while rubbing the top of our heads and staggered away. I groaned and smacked my head off of the bar. She was really going to be the death of me. I just wished the floor would swallow me up. I heard Evan laugh really loudly. I groaned again but he wouldn’t be able to hear because the music was so loud and I’m face planting the bar. I felt that all too familiar touch on the lower part of my back and I shot up. I turned to see Evan smiling at me. “What?” I asked. “Nothing” He said while moving his hand from my back. I finished all my shots and then moved on to my vodka and orange. I was really starting to feel the effect of the alcohol. I ordered more drink and drank them obviously. By now I was extremely drunk. I got off of my stool ignoring Evan and walked over to where Cole and Amy where. “Hi guys!” I shouted and hugged them. “Someone’s drunk” Cole grinned clapping. “Yayayay I love drunk Hayley” Kelly chimed in. “So do I” I replied giggling. We all started dancing and Amy took it upon herself to grind against me. Making most of the guys that were straight stare at us with lust. Evan was staring but he looked more annoyed than anything. I was just laughing and to drunk to care about him right now. After about 3 songs I got thirsty so decided to go get more drink. I called the bartender over and ordered lots of drinks for me, Amy, Cole, Kelly and Tom. He put down the tray of drinks in front of me and wink. He walked off to serve other people. “Ok guys bottom up!” I shouted while downing a shot. Amy cheered while Cole laughed causing him to spit out the drink from his mouth. He wiped his mouth and took another one. We all had about 5 each and if I was even more drunk than before. They all went off dancing but I stayed put at the bar sitting on a stool because my feet hurt a little. Evan came over and sat next to me. I could smell the drink that was coming from him which made me wrinkle my nose. “You know that stunt you pulled back there? Made you look like a slut” He said looking me in the eyes. “W-what?” I stuttered due to the alcohol. “Having Amy grind on you” He said laughing while shaking his head. I could feel the tears pricking at the corner on my eyes. “I didn’t ask her to” I said annoyed. He looked at me strange. “What I can’t understand you Hayley?” He said annoyed. “I didn’t ask her to!” I shouted angry now. “You didn’t tell her to stop either” He pointed out. I grabbed my vodka and orange juice and stood up off of the stool. I downed it and slammed the glass back on the bar. I pushed the stool out of the way and stumbled across the dance floor. I grabbed my clutch bag as I passed the table my college friends were sitting at. I made my way through the crowds of people and up the stairs to the exit. It was so dark and cold. I was absolutely freezing which caused me to start to shake. I stumbled towards the edge of the pavement and stopped while fumbling with my bag. I pulled out my phone and seen that it was only 11. We were all heading to the night club soonish from what I remember. I put my phone back into my bag and shut it over. I heard a smashing sound as if someone dropped a glass. I jumped and turned around to see a man standing there maybe in his mid to late 20’s. He dropped a beer bottle and it smashed near my foot. I looked back up to his face and instantly regretted it. He had this look in his eyes that screamed ‘I’m going to murder you’ I began to panic and stumbled back a little but he only moved forward. My butt was up against a car and I felt like a caged animal. He was now standing right in front of me our feet almost touching. “Hey there pretty lady” He said in a heavy English accent. “Hi” I replied in my Scottish accent. “Scottish I like it” He mused closing the space between us. I gulped and rested my hands on his chest and I shoved but he didn’t budge he just laughed at my feeble attempted. I looked up at his face; a smirk was playing on his lips. Oddly enough that smirk only looked good on Evan’s handsome face. I mentally slapped myself. I’m about to be killed and all I can think about is that jerk. If it wasn’t for him making me feel like s*** and wanting to cry I wouldn’t have came out here. I mentally slapped myself again for not sticking in at kick boxing. He roughly grabbed onto my waist which caused me to cry out in pain. He shoved his body against mines and started to kiss my neck, which made me feel sick. I shoved against his chest again but he shoved back knocking the breath outa me. I screamed but my scream was silence when his lips crashed down to mines. I’m not going to lie I was f*ing shiting myself. I started to panic when he bit my lip hard. I brought my right knee up and it connected with his groin. He slumped over slightly and groaned in pain. I pushed him away from me and he stumbled back giving me space to escape. I ran, but he caught my wrist dragging me back. He pulled me to him and grabbed my hair roughly. His lips went to my ear. “Try that again and I won’t think twice about hurting you” He said roughly in my ear. I gulped and licked my lips. I could taste blood. He must have split my lip open when he bit down on my lip. He roughly pulled my hair again and I cried out. I stumbled backwards of the pavement and was now standing on the road as was he. Why the hell did this pub have to be in a secluded area of town. Why was there no one around? No smokers? I wished Amy, Kelly, Tom even bloody Cole came out right now to help. He was kissing my neck again. He then decided to suck and bite. “Please stop it” I said through my tears trying to push him off again. “Hayley?” That all too familiar voice said. “Evan” My voice came out as a whisper. “Help me please!” I cried out. The guy was ripped from me in seconds I lost my footing and tripped up over the curb and I tumbled to the ground landing on the broken bottle. I bit down on my lip holding in my scream. My breath went jagged and more tears spilled over. I quickly shut my eyes not really paying attention to what was happening around me. I heard a grunting noise and prayed it wasn’t from Evan. I then heard shouting from 2 men. “What the hell is going on?” Came a gruff voice. “He attacked my – girlfriend” Evan said. “Liar” I mumbled. “What? I can’t understand you Hayley” He said. Someone was next to me pushing the hair out of my face. “Get away from me!” I cried squeezing my eyes shut. “Hayley? It’s me Evan” He said in a worried tone. My eyes shot open and the tears escaped my eyes and ran down my check. I was staring into his amazing blue eyes and he was smiling down at me. He grabbed my hand and went to help me up but I cried out in pain and flung myself back against the concrete. “What are you doing Hayley?” He asked. “It burns!” I gasped. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and leaned over me slightly. “What?” “I landed on the broken glass” I whimpered. His eyes widened slightly and looked down at my body. He put his hands under my hip and slightly lifted it up. His eyes widened and placed my body back down carefully. His eyes then made their way back to me. “Stay here-“ “What!? No don’t leave me” I said while gripping his hand with my left and grabbing a first full of his shirt with my right. “Ok but we have to get you to hospital” He said. “Why?” I asked yawning and dropped my right hand back to my side. “Because there’s bits of glass imbedded in your back” I groaned but nodded while he whipped out his phone and started dialling a number. “Hello ambulance please?” He said into the phone. I groaned. “Why couldn’t we just get a taxi I don’t want everyone coming out the pub when they hear the sirens” He snickered slightly. “Yes my – friend has been attacked and she fell on a broken bottle” He said. “Friend now huh?” I mumbled. “What?” He said looking confused. “I said I’m your friend now huh?” He rolled his eyes slightly. I love how his hand was still in mines. What I’d do for me to actually be his girlfriend. Ok that was the drink talking, I hope. “Sugar Cube” He said into the phone again. “Yes on Main Street – ok thank you” He said then hung up his phone and stared back down at me. “He said It should be here in approximately 2 minuets” He smiled down at me rubbing his thumb along my cheek bone. “Ok” I said gasping for air. He looked at me funny. “What’s wrong?” He said panicking. “Nothing I’m just cold” I said chittering. “Sorry Hayley, I didn’t bring a jacket” He said. “I-it’s ok” I stuttered. “So why did you say to they men that I was your girlfriend?” I asked curiously. “It’s easier than saying you’re my student?” He questioned. “Fair point” I said. I could hear sirens a bit ahead in the distance. They seemed to be getting further away thought. Suddenly someone was shaking me. My eyes snapped open. “Hayley stay with me, don’t fall asleep do you hear?” A magical voice came from somewhere. “Ok angle” I smiled to myself. I heard him snickering. “Angle really?” My eyes flashed open and I was back to reality and I groaned at my own stupidity. “What don’t you like it?” I slurred. “No Hayley” He said annoyed. “Sorry angle” I said to annoy him more. He groaned and I shut my eyes again. A few more moments passed and then I heard this annoying noise getting louder. I groaned annoyed. “Will you stop that god awful noise I have a sore head and I want to sleep” I said sleepily. “What? Hayley? I can’t understand you” He said, frustration creeping into his voice. “Your stupid” I said more clearly. He burst out laughing and squeezed my hand. “Don’t move the paramedics are here and so is half the pub” He said whispering against my ear. “What!” I said snapping my eyes open. “Ohh My God! Hayley!” I heard Amy’s’ voice. “Hey get off of me!” I heard her scream. “What’s wrong with Amy?” I asked Evan. “The bouncers are holding her back to let the paramedics do their job” He smiled lightly. I saw a guy hover over me, smiling down at me. He had a bright yellow/green paramedic’s jacket on. “Hello love my names Sam can you tell me yours?” He asked. “Hayley” I said. “Right well Hayley I need to lift you up and to put you on the stretcher is that ok?” He said. I shook my head and he laughed. “Why not? If I don’t get you to hospital you’ll bleed to death love” “Death?” I said sobbing now. I could see his shocked face through my tears and Evan’s horror struck face. “Hayley he means if you don’t go to hospital you could bleed out, come on be brave and let him carry you onto the stretcher” Evan said stroking my cheek. I set my lips in a thin line and stop crying. I turned my head to Sam. “Not cool I thought you said I was going to die! You made me cry for nothing” I said in a huff. Evan laughed. “He didn’t say you where going to die – right enough of this” He said standing up. He put one arm under my legs and another around my back away from my sore bit and lifted me up. My body was against his and I loved it. I snuggled my face into his neck and breathed in his aftershave. I could feel him walking and his muscles tense on his back as my hands were wrapped around him. He went up a few steps then set me down on something soft. I winched as my back made contact with it. I looked around and seen I was in the ambulance. Evan was sitting next to me rubbing circles into my hand with his thumb. I could hear Amy and Cole shouting things. Paramedic Sam told them which hospital I would be going to and shut the doors. “Right ok ano she has been drink that’s a given so since you’re her boyfriend do you know anything she’s allergic to?” He asked. “He’s not my boyfriend” I said annoyed because he wasn’t’. “Sorry” He said laughing. “He’s actually my lecturer” I said not really caring right now. Evan’s hand left mine and he sat back against his seat. I didn’t bother to look at him because I knew he would have a face like thunder. Paramedic Sam’s eyes widened slightly then composed himself. He turned to Evan and I thought he was going to shout at him. “Really you look so young?” He said as if holding your soon to be students hand is a normal thing. “I’m a trainee lecturer and yeah I’m 24” He laughed. Sam nodded and then turned back to me. “Can I have a look at your cuts please?” He asked. “No way! You have to take my t shirt off and I don’t want to” I said annoyed. Sam’s eyes furrowed and turned to Evan. “I can’t understand her has she been like this all night or just after the attack?” “Before the attack she’s had too much alcohol” He stated. “I’m right here you know!” I snapped. They both laughed and Sam turned and faced me. He had blue rubber gloves which looked so cool. He pulled me out of my thoughts when his hand grazed my thigh. I looked down and seen he was going for the bottom on my t shirt. I swatted his hand away. “Stop it! I don’t think it would be very appropriate if I were to get naked in front of my soon to be lecturer” I said blushing. He laughed. “I don’t think he really cares he just probably wants to make sure your back isn’t to bad right Evan?” Sam said facing Evan. “Yup” he said popping the p. “Don’t encourage him Evan” I cried. They both laughed at my out burst and I folded my arms over my chest and sulked. “Come on stop being a child and let him see your back” Evan said. “F*** you” I said annoyed. “You’d love to babe” He said smirking at me. My eyes widened and I blushed. My heart picked up speed at being called babe. Although I hope he wasn’t calling me that because I look like babe the pig? “Are you saying I look like a pig?” I said turning my head to Evan. “No!” He laughed. I went to whack him but paramedic Sam pushed me back down against the bed. “Sexual tension?” Sam said as more of a question. “No!” I cried. He burst out laughing and so did Evan. “How about I take your dress off ano you’d love that?” Evan said his eyes twinkling with lust. “No thank you Mr Gray” I said showing him he’s suppose to be my soon to be lecturer. “I’ll let a lady nurse do it” I said. “Ohh yeah forgot you were a lesbian” He said smirking. I groaned and blushed. “Am not” “Are to” “Am not” “Are to” “No I’m not” I shouted. He just snickered and the ambulance came to a halt. I heard a door behind me shut and then the back doors opened to revile another paramedic and a team of doctors. “Hello” I said all cheery. “I seriously think there’s something wrong with you, mood swings perhaps” Evan stated. “Yeah well you’re homophobic!” I snapped. “What happened to getting her dress off and looking-” The other paramedic began. “Why do you three want my dress of so bad?” I asked annoyed. The three men chuckled. “She was being difficult didn’t want either of us seeing her without clothes on” Sam said. “Aww makes sense” The other paramedic said. Sam stood up and went behind my bed thing and pushed it. I screamed a little. “Ohh my god! I’m going to roll out and land on my butt if you don’t stop!” I shouted. He laughed. “Calm down Hayley the trolley legs extend you won’t fall” He said through his laughter. I blushed again. He wheeled me into the hospital once we got out of the ambulance with Evan by my side. He wheeled me into a room and a doctor or a nurse came in. He smiled at me. “Hello Hayley” He smiled brightly. “I’m Dr. Henderson” “Hello” I said looking at my shoes. “So I need you to get out of your dress for me can you do that?” I looked up at him. “I’ll leave the room of course but its best if your boyfriend stays in with you just to make sure you don’t fall over” I groaned I was getting sick of hearing the same thing and denying it. “He’s not my-“ “That’s fine doctor” Evan smiled. The doctor nodded and exited the room not before looking from me to Evan. The door shut and I looked over at Evan. He held out his hand and I looked at it. “I’m only going to help you off the bed and make sure you don’t fall your still probably partly drunk Hayley” I muttered colourful words under my breath but took his hand none the less and let him ease me off the bed. I put a hand in his and took off my heels and let them drop to the floor. I put both hands on either side of the dress and pulled it over my head. I groaned in pain at the movement because of my back. Just as well I wore matching cute undies. I seen Evan run his eyes over my body and smirked. I slapped him on the head and his eyes met mines. “I seen that” I said. “Seen what?” He said smirking. “You checking me out” I replied. “You wish Hayley” He said in a serious tone. “You have no idea” I muttered under my breath as I climbed back onto the bed. I lay back down on it and winched as my back made contact with the bed and sat straight up again. I saw Evan walk towards the end of the bed to get a better look at me back. I heard him gasp and I felt his hand on my back and I shivered at his touch. “That bad?” I asked. He didn’t say anything. The door opened and I snapped my eyes to the door and the doctor walked back in. He smiled at me and then came into the room and let the door shut behind him. He walked over to one of the work tops and put on blue gloves. He walked over to where Evan had been. Evan then stood next to me and placed a blanket over the bottom half of me. He walked over and leaned on one of the counters and I smiled at him. “Ok I’m going to take a look at the extent of the damage ok?” He said. I nodded but whimpered. Evan was now at my side holding my hand and rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand. I felt the doctor probing around my back. He then poked my back and it hurt so I cried out in pain and squeezed Evan’s hand. Evan squeezed my hand tight and I whimpered again. The doctor was still poking and prodding about and I hand no idea why. Another cry left my lips and Evan look furious. “Can’t you tell you're hurting her” He snapped. “Yes I’m well aware ok that I’m just trying to make sure it’s not infected and I’m trying to work out were the bits of glass are so I can pull them out and stich the wounds-” “What!?” I cried trying to get away from the doctor but Evan’s hand came down on either side of my shoulders and held me in place. He was looking in my eyes and he smiled slightly. He rubbed his thumb under my eyes whipping away tears I didn’t know spilled over. “Come on Hayley you’re brave you can do this” He smiled. “What do you know? I only met you 15 hours ago” I snapped. He looked taken aback and he looked at me sympathetically. “I’m sorry I’m just tiered and sore” I complained. “I know it’s ok” He said rubbing soothing circles on my hand then went back to lean against the counter. “Ok I’m just going to get everything I need I’ll be back in 2” The doctor said exiting the room. I felt really uncomfortable and self conscious in front of Evan with nothing on but underwear. I think he kind of figured that out because he looked anywhere but at me. “I’m really scared” I admitted in a weak voice. He was leaning against the counter but he pushed himself off of it and came over to me again. He pushed the hair of my face and kissed the top of my head. I was not expecting that one at all! I blushed and ducked my head down. “It’s going to be ok he will give you a jag to numb it and then when it’s done I can take you home” He said. Mother of god a jag? This was not looking good at all. This night had to be one of the worst nights ever! Accept meeting Evan, him kissing my head. I felt like a silly little school girl that had a crush on her teacher. In a way it was sort of it but I wasn’t a school girl and well he was in training to become a lecturer. The crush part? Well I wasn’t sure what the hell I was felling I know I’m attracted to him but who isn’t? Ugh I. Hate. Life. “Sure” I mumbled. He rubbed my shoulder and I flinched away from his touch. He took a few steps back and leaned against the counter again, arms folded over his chest. We sat in silence for god knows how long. The door opening and the doctor entering broke the silence. He wheeled in a try with all different things init. He stood next to me with his blue gloves still on. He picked up a needle from the tray and I gripped onto the blanket that was covering me waist down. I scrunched my eyes shut as tight as I could. A few moments later I felt the needle being inserted into my back and I whimpered lowly. I didn’t dare open my eyes and I just kept them scrunched shut and tightened my grip on the blankets. I felt the needle come out of my skin and go into it again. This happened a few times and then I heard him placed the needle back onto the tray. I opened my eyes and turned my head to the left to see the needle had fresh blood on it being my own. I gagged slightly. “I’m just waiting for the anaesthetic to kick in then I can get all the glass out and get that stitched up” He said smiling. “Ohh and the police will be here soon” He said. “What!?Why?” I said sneaking a look at Evan. “Because you got attacked and they want a statement from you” He said. “Ohh” I said and turned my attention to Evan. He didn’t look fazed at all in fact he looked calm and collected. “I will be back in one moment” He said and exited the room. I turned my attention back to Evan. “You have to leave” I said. “Why?” He said rising an eyebrow. “Well let me see you’re my lecturer in a way and we were out together at a pub and well you’re in the same room as me naked. Doesn’t sound too good?” “Lecturers go out with there students all the time big deal it’s not as if we’re sleeping together or anything” He said and I flinched. “Yeah you’re right” I said in a whisper. The doctor came back followed by to police officers. I groaned and just wanted to get out of here. “Can you fix my back now?” I asked. “Sure” He smiled. I hugged the blanket close to my chest covering everything up. The doctor went back to his tray and picked up tweezers like things and I felt a little pressure on my back letting me know he was picking out the glass. The dead give away? The sound of the glass landing on the tray. “Hello I’m Jane and this is Harry and we just want to have a chat with you and you’re friend here” Jane said pointing to Evan. I just nodded as if to tell her to go on. “So what happened tonight?” She asked. “I got into a fight with Evan and I stormed out the pub and went outside for some fresh air and I was checking my phone and then put it back in my bag. I heard glass smash behind me and I turned around and he was there looking at me as if he wanted to kill me. So I back up away from him and he came at me and shoved against me. I tried to get him off but he was to strong so I needed him in-between the legs and he loosed his grip. So tried to get away and I almost did but he grabbed me back to him and threatened to stab me. He started – “I cut myself off. I didn’t really feel like saying the next part. Jane had stopped righting as I had stopped talking and looked at me. “Its ok, take your time” She smiled. I nodded. I could see Evan from the corner of my eye; he kept tensing up making his hands balled into fists when he heard something he didn’t like. I looked back at Jane and she was staring at me. “He began to kiss my neck and touch – Well you get the point anyway I asked him to stop but he didn’t and Evan came out and pulled him off of me but the man still hand a grip of me and I tripped over the pavement and fell to the ground on the glass” I finished. She nodded and then looked up at me. “Who’s Evan?” She asked. “I am” Evan said. The police officer looked up and her eyes twinkled. I looked back down at the blanket over my bottom half. “Are you nearly finished Dr?” I asked politely. “Almost pet” He said. “Ok so you’re the one that pulled the attacker off of her?” She asked. He nodded. “Are you the one that also gave him a sore eye and ribs?” She asked amused. I gasped and turned my head to Evan. I seen him nodding and I turned back around to face Jane. “You do know that’s assault?” The male officer chimed in. “Yes” He said as if it was nothing. “But –“ I said and was cut off. “Don’t worry we aren’t charging him with assault just a fine and warning” The male officer said. Evan nodded. Harry began to right something and then handed Evan the piece of paper. I looked over at him. “Name?” Jane asked me. “Hayley Hunter” I said. “Address?” “112 Tallen Road” I said. “In those fancy harbour flats?” She asked. “Yeah” She smiled. “Date of birth?” “31st June 1993” I said. She nodded. “Number?” I gave her my number and she smiled. “Ok so we will be in contact soon with a court date” “Court?” I said panicking. “If he pleads not guilty then the case will be brought to court in front of a jury don’t worry we have all the evidence and security footage we need” She assured me. “All done” The doctor said and I jumped a little forgetting he was here. “We will be in contact good night guys also your friend Amy has your bag with your phone and things” Harry said and Jane smiled and they both exited the room. “Ok so that’s you there’s a dressing on it you should changed the dressing every day you will obviously need someone to help” He said chuckling. I nodded. I hoped of the bed and pulled my dress on groaning in pain. I pulled my heels back on also. “You can both stay in here until your taxi comes” He smiled. “Thank you” I smiled. “Not a problem, stay safe Miss Hunter” I nodded and blushed. I forgot Evan was there until I heard his voice. “Taxi please” But I didn’t bother listening to him I lay back down on the bed on my right side and fell asleep. I don’t know who long I’ve been asleep but I felt someone pick me up and carry me somewhere. I didn’t bother to wake fully up I just stayed in between being asleep and being awake. I felt my body being shifted and heard a car door being opened. I was then being carried like a sleeping child. My head was resting on his shoulders my legs wrapped around a waist. We were now in a sitting positing and a car door was shut. I stirred slightly but cuddled more into the body. I must have fully fallen back asleep again because the next thing I heard someone say my name over and over. “What?” I moaned sleepily. I heard a chuckle. “I need to put you down so I can get my keys” He said while grabbed my legs and untangling them from around his waist. I blushed like mad. He set me down on the ground and I leaned into him, my head on his chest. “Where am I?” I asked yawning. “My flat” “What?” I asked with wide eyes. “Well you where asleep I didn’t want to wake you up so – If you want to go home I can call you a taxi?” He said opening his flat door. “Do you want me to go?” I asked blushing slightly. “Not if you don’t want to” He questioned. I shrugged and he laughed. “Ok stay here then” He smiled pulling me into his flat. He shut the door and I just stood there staring into the darkness. I felt something wet on my hand and I screamed and back up into Evans chest. The lights flickered on and I seen the cuties puppy ever. It started to whine and circle around my feet like a cat. I then realised Evan still had his arm wrapped around my waist so I walked forward out of his grip. “How come you have a puppy if you work all day?” I asked. “It’s my room mates puppy he works nightshift so I watch Harley during the night” He said while locking the door. I nodded. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his bedroom I’m guessing. Harley followed his tail waggling from side to side. Evan steered me over to his bed and I plopped down on it. Harley sat down at my feet and whined so I picked him up and placed him on the bed. He started rolling about the bed barking. I burst out laughing and ruffled his head. Evan was staring at me and I looked down at my feet. “Can I get pyjamas then?” I asked. “Yeah” He said going over to his dresser and pulled out shorts and an orange spider man top. He tossed them to me and I stood up stumbling forward a little but I balanced myself. I didn’t care he was there he’s seen me naked before so. I pulled of my dress and slipped into the top. I didn’t bother with the shorts cause it was roasting and the top was long enough. I plopped back down on his bed and lay back gently. Harley rushed over to me and lay next to my side. Evan went over to his cupboard and pulled out covers and I looked at him strange. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I’m sleeping on the couch” He said. “What no I will” I said getting up causing Harley to bark. “No lay back down on the bed Hayley” He said annoyed. “Make me?” I threatened. “Fine” He dropped the covers and came over to me. He shoved me slightly and I fell onto the bed. I groaned in pain but he didn’t take any notice. He grabbed the covers and ripped them out from under me and placed them over my body. He went to kiss my forehead for the second time tonight until Harley barked then growled and sat on my tummy. I looked down at the dog and laughed Evan just smiled and stood up straight. “Night kido” He said. He just had to spoil it didn’t he? “Night” I said annoyed. He laughed while picking up the covers and headed out of the bedroom door. “Evan?” “What?” “Thanks for tonight if it’s wasn’t for you I could have been killed” I said blushing. “If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t have got attacked in the first place, Goodnight Hayley” He said walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him. I lay on my back still with Harley lying on my tummy. I could hear the dog snoring and tossing and turning. It took me ages to fall asleep and I eventually did at around 4 in the morning.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


on Nov. 17 2013 at 8:21 pm
MeganLaChance SILVER, Wells, Maine
8 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
To be yourself in a world filled with people who want to change you is the worlds greatest accomplishment.

Write more!

on Jun. 16 2013 at 9:14 pm
Ms.PeytonLovesHP GOLD, Rancho Cordova, California
18 articles 0 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We are all a little weird and life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” - Doctor Seuss

You had me cracking up most of the time! I love it! Grammar and spelling aren't amazing, but that's ok. The friends Amy's kind of a freak..... But definetly continue, k?! It's awesome!

on Apr. 11 2013 at 7:35 am
FallenAngel170198 GOLD, Bundaberg, Other
13 articles 0 photos 47 comments
Please keep writing. This story has a great plot and the characters are AMAZING! More please?

Nani22 SILVER said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 9:27 pm
Nani22 SILVER, Jonestown, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the movie the Avengers
-(Thor) Loki is beyond reason. But he is of Asgard and he is my brother.
-(Black Widow) He killed 80 people in 2 days.
-(Thor)... He's adopted... ;-)

I love your story sooo much! Please write some more soon!

on Dec. 22 2012 at 6:10 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other
17 articles 2 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

I love the plot, and can't wait to read more. Your characters are very well made, and are absolutely hilarious together! Write on! :)