Ezhno | Teen Ink

Ezhno

August 14, 2012
By Asoulna SILVER, Los Osos, California
Asoulna SILVER, Los Osos, California
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Every second that passes becomes your past, and your past is what helps shape who you are. So live each second finding who you want to be.


Summary:

Strangers appeared in the land of the Qaletaqa, coming from the east. They were strange creatures, carrying blunt instruments and bringing death and destruction wherever they went. The two tribes under my power debated what shall be done with these creatures; the Nashoba want to destroy them all for killing a few of their children; and the Kwahu are blindly loyal to the Qaletaqa’s plan. Infuriated and full of hate, a group of Nashoban rebels gathered together and set out to kill all of the Qaletaqa people, wanting to destroy the tribe that ruled over both the Nashoba and Kwahu tribes. And they almost succeeded, except I slipped from their hateful eyes. I, Onida Natta, am the last Qaletaqa, and am the rightful ruler of the two tribes. The rebellion happened a year ago and Matchitehew, the power hungry leader of the rebels, is trying to place his daughter, Nahimana, as the new queen. I cannot let this happen, for there is a great deal that my people do not know. With the aid of Ezhno, son of my father’s trusted advisor Nodin, I will be able to put my father’s plan into motion before war breaks out between the strangers and the Qaletaqa people. They need to know the secret that the Qaletaqa have been keeping from them for years, they need to know that the land they are willing to fight to defend is not ours. We do not belong here. We come from elsewhere. I will take my rightful place as queen, and stop the war between my people and the strangers. Odd how it sometimes takes a war to stop a war.


Stephanie F.

Ezhno


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.