Beast Within | Teen Ink

Beast Within

By Mystoftime GOLD, Walnut Creek, California
Mystoftime GOLD, Walnut Creek, California

"Set your course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship." - Omar Bradley

Summary:

Its been many years since the Dark Ages and humans and werewolves fought each other in a bloody underground war. Werewolves were driven into hiding and fell into the realm of myths and legend. But, now, one of the few refuges, the Circle, is emptying and werewolves are moving away from their clan members.
Heather Vantre is one of the few who remain, albeit reluctantly, as the werewolves in the Circle begin to grow ever more restless. Her father, the brilliant Dr. Gabriel Vantre thinks he has a solution. All he has to do is convince the High Council and its Elders as well to begin the first tests. Heather isn't so sure.
Before long, Heather, her best friend Talon and her cousin Arin are thrust into a whirlwind of events that threatens to reveal the existence of werewolves.
With a stranger offering help, a human organization working covertly underneath the High Council and high- stakes negotiations being held as discontent rises, they find themselves teetering on the brink of a new, and even more dangerous war between humans and werewolves.
And the price for coexistence may be too steep for even someone as determined as Heather to pay...

Peyton C.

Beast Within

This book has 1 comment.

MadisHeart said...
MadisHeart, Norman, Oklahoma
Awww yeah, I like me some werewolf books. Have you ever heard of the Grey Wolves series? It's an e-book series and I think you would like it.  The imagery and diction is incredible, way to stick with this for six chapters already, thats an accomplishment! Maybe if you are bored you can check out my book? :) Have a nice day