The Memory Theives | Teen Ink

The Memory Theives

By Wilne99, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Wilne99, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Enjoy Every Sandwich

-Warren Zevon

Summary:

Max Avery is a normal kid living in the near future. He, like every other person, gets memories when he is bored for something fun to do.

Everyone is told that memories are sold by choice and just by people who need money. Everyone has also heard of the Memory thieves, people who steal memories and sell them without consent from the person (if they are still alive). But the memory thieves are just myths. Right?

Will M.

The Memory Theives

Kestrel135 PLATINUM, Waterford, Connecticut

"Respect existence or expect resistance"

Gotchya ;) Don't be afraid to touch it up to your liking. I never stop with mine :)

Wilne99 said...
Wilne99, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Enjoy Every Sandwich

-Warren Zevon

Thanks for the response! I also considered that when writing this, but I had a deadline for school and decided to go with the Memory Liberators as allies.

This is an very intruiging story. I like the idea of people stealing others memories, just for comercial buisnesses. Clever to pull in the facts in just the first and second chapter - it's a little fast paced, but not too quick. However, I would consider less usage of 'I' to begin sentences. It's tricky, but would give it some more flow. Also, maybe add in more thought process and description. In the second chapter, I was wondering how Max was taking it all in, and why he decided to listen to the man so willingly - what if he was a memory theif coming to take Max's memory of the incident? It didn't take too much away from the story though. Great work!