The Life of Azrael Alexander and Scarlet | Teen Ink

The Life of Azrael Alexander and Scarlet

January 15, 2014
By AnarchyUnbound PLATINUM, Norwich, Connecticut
More by this author
AnarchyUnbound PLATINUM, Norwich, Connecticut
23 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life's a b****, but if it was a slut, it'd be too easy. - Tori Burgess


Author's note: This novel was written by Anna E, a Senior at Norwich Free Academy, and myself as well. We tag teamed on this story, and figured we'd let you all give your thoughts on this novel.

My name is Azrael Alexander, an eighteen-year-old autistic who has a dark beastly side. I have straight, slightly wavy, black hair with red highlights throughout my hair, which goes down to the base of my neck. My eyes are unique eyes, my left eye is silver and my right eye is a dark blue. Though they are unique, I still have to wear glasses. For a five foot eight inched male, I am very fit from my daily training, which I do when I am not playing my video games. My skin has a semi-pale complex; my cheeks are rosy red with no blemishes. With a dark past behind me, constant depression, killed people without reason, and the list goes on. Wolves are something I love; it is my favorite animal. Music that flows through my veins like blood is screamo, heavy metal, rock, and techno. I live in Massachusetts with Scarlet, my fiancée, who is the love of my life. She is wonderful, beautiful, amazing, oh there are so many words to describe her. Her hair, her beautiful black hair, which is straight and has a slight curl to it, which runs down to her chest. Her eyes are a light hazel, which shines in the light. Her skin is tan, which is the opposite of my own paleness, but we share the same fair skin complex, and rosy cheeks. I am at least a head taller than her, she is five foot five inched. When I am playing my video games she sits next to me playing with me. I let her win sometimes, other times she wipes the floor with me, when I am having a bad day of course. She likes vampires, the opposite of me, but we do not let that interfere with our relationship. She shares my love for music; screamo and dubstep are her favorites. We have many friends, one of which you will meet later on, who are very supportive of us and we consider part of our own family.

~Azrael~
I woke up at three in the morning, scared out my mind beyond beliefs from a loud menacing howling, that surpassed my blaring volume of my music, which came from the forest behind my house. At the same time I was curious to what caused that howl which woke me from my peaceful slumber. I got up from the comfort of my warm bed being careful not to wake my beloved Scarlet, who seems to sleep through the howl. Getting dressed and fixing my hair, ok I admit it, I am a little feminine as well, before leaving to discover the source of the howl. I kissed my love’s forehead before leaving with a flashlight and baseball bat I had for protection. Walking through the dark woods behind my house, mind you it is three in the morning so even with the flashlight it was still pitch black. The only other source of light I had besides my flashlight was the blood moon, which gave a soft red glow through the forest leaves hanging from the tall trees, but was not to break through the darkness. The moisture of the morning dew soaked through my sneakers as I maneuvered through the maze of the blacken trees, shrubs, and god knows what else I am walking through. I had no clue how long I been looking, but it felt like hours with the knot the size of a basketball is steadily growing in my chest out of nervousness and the fear of what is out here, plus unknown source of the howl. I live in Massachusetts so there are no wolves anywhere nearby. Then I heard a deep wolf like growl from behind me, the sound made me freeze in my tracks in mid-step. Slowly turning around, I came face to face with the source of the howl. The sight makes me drop the baseball bat and the flashlight backing away, but my back met with a trunk of a large tree before I got far. Trapping me facing the beast in front of me. Within the light of the flashlight was a white wolf; no it was not just a regular wolf. It was too large to be a normal wolf. The wolf was on all fours and had to be at least seven feet tall at the shoulders. Then it dawned on me. That is no wolf. It was a large werewolf! I could not believe that it was a werewolf; I’ve been told they only exist in fairytales and Halloween scares, but the proof was right in front of my eyes. I remember a saying that I heard when I was younger. Every Fairytale has some truth behind it and the truth about werewolf was staring at me with its blood red eyes seem to stare into my own and seem to look into my frozen terrified soul. They seem to glow with in the light, which made them even more frightening. Without any warning it pounced at me, I screamed, closing my eyes not wanting to see the impact. Then I felt a sharp burning pain in my neck, which made me crying out in pain loudly, before passing out.

When I woke up, the sun was shining through my window. I lay in bed thinking of the strange dream I had last night. A white werewolf? Wouldn’t Scarlet get a kick out of this one? Speaking of Scarlet, she was already out of bed and I saw steam come out from under the bathroom door. I could smell the shampoo she was using. I could hear the sound of her sweet soft singing voice singing to her favorite song. Hold up, I could smell the shampoo she was using? How could I smell the shampoo when she was not in my arms? And how can I hear her singing voice? Her voice was soft that it seemed fragile, when she sang. Between the bathroom door and the bed where I was laying it had to be a good five yards. I sat up quick, confused at the strange events that occurred or dream I had, and with that quick motion a sharp pain shot through my neck. I rubbed my neck to try to ease the pain away when I felt them. Two large holes that had pieced my neck, I think they were wide as the top of my pinky nail. My skin was wet as well. When I looked at my hand I saw my own blood. I jumped out of bed and looked into the mirror with a red rose with a bumble bee on one of the petals and a pink tulip with a blue butterfly on the leaf, the one Scarlet begged me to get it for her last birthday. When I looked into the mirror I saw two teeth marks with my blood slowly streaming out of the puncture wounds. What happened last night, or this morning, or whenever it was, was not a dream. I could not worry about that. But did the werewolf bite me or did something else bite me? I was so confused when the water from the shower turned off and Scarlet walked out of the bathroom humming with two white towels, one around her body and the other one wrapped around her long black hair, and then walked into the closet to get dressed for the day. I covered my neck sigh my hand to hide the bite mark not to worry her. She saw me before walking into the closet, “Good morning love.” She said with a warm smile. God, every time I saw that smile all my issues melted away, it almost made me forgot why I was holding my neck, which she noticed. “Why are you holding your neck, love? Did you cut yourself in the middle of the night with your nails again?” The worry in her voice seemed to echo through my head. “I don’t know, I woke up with these bite marks on my neck. I also have been feeling a little strange when I woke up as well.” I moved my hand to show her not explain how I could smell her shampoo and heard her singing while in the shower. “I need to get ready for work anyways.” I said ending the discussion about the bite marks and kissed her head then walked into the bathroom to get ready for my day.

When I was about to leave for my day at work, I kissed my love goodbye and walked out. I hope she does not worry too much, I thought to myself heading my black mustang getting in. When I started it up the engine roared to life and I backed out of the driveway and headed down the road to my job at Hail Storm Gaming Company. I am the story designer for the video games that have been giving to us. While I was busy working on a current story for the newest game I have been assigned to, I heard it again, just like last night. The menacing howling came from outside of the building. I looked around to see if anyone else had heard it, but everyone was continuing his or her work like nothing has happened. I tried to get back to work, but it was on my mind and distracting me from my task. The howl came again which made me look out the window. I saw nothing. I got up and told my boss I had to make a phone call home to my fiancée because she was sick and wanted to make sure she did not need anything. He gave me permission. I went outside to the service entrance in an ally way behind the building to investigate, and to figure out why this werewolf is after me and no one else. It was not a long search like last night for the source of the howl because the white werewolf was standing right in front of me. Though this time it was not standing on all fours, but on its hind legs, the beast is huge! I tried not to show fear like I did last night but I knew the werewolf can smell the fear pouring from my skin. Its red eyes looked less frightening than they did last night. Maybe it was because of the red moon and flash light made them glow? I thought. I opened my mouth to ask it why it was only me but its cryptic smile stopped my tongue stone cold. “I am glad you came to meet me again, dear Azrael.” The voice sounded hoarse but it was higher than a regular male voice. It had to be a female werewolf, though if it was a female she was huge. It could be a younger male werewolf whose voice has yet to change, I thought to myself. I was also shocked that it knew my name, and how the werewolf said my name gave me shivers that traveled up and back down my spine. “The three nights of the blood moon, it is the best time to get more members for the pack. Those lovely puncture wounds in your neck are from yours truly.” The white werewolf said, its cryptic smile growing a little. “By the end of the Blood Moon days and night, which is three days and nights, you will become one of us. A werewolf, though I prefer to call them Wolves of the Moon.” It said in a voice that made my body and bones shiver even though it was close to eighty degrees outside. Even my blood has turned ice cold. I had so many questions to ask it, but again before I could ask one, it vanished into the shadows. I now stand there frozen trying to comprehend what I just heard. Would I really become a werewolf? Or was that beast lying and I am just dreaming still? Nothing made sense to me any more to me. I walked back inside slowly and went to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face, to try to regain my senses and get back to work without thinking about that beast that came to me twice.

~Scarlet~
This morning, my fiancée, Azrael had two large bite marks in his neck. The bite kind of looked like a vampire, I know a lot about vampires because I love them, but not as much as I love Azrael. The bite marks looked like vampires but they were to bite. I was not sure what to think, so when he left for work later in the morning, I when to go see one of our close friends, her name is Fira. When I arrived at her house, I let myself in. We are practically sisters so she allows me to do so, but asked me not to make a commotion because the noise will upset the prefect balance she has created in her home. I needed to know what was going to happen to the love of my life. The marks on his neck are indeed bite marks, but from what? I know our dear friend Fira would know. “Fira, are you home? I have a question to ask you. It is very important.” I walked into her living room, or what she calls a mediation room, she had filled it with cushions for her guest to sit on surrounded her favorite white one with a red wolf pattern. There are crystals and wind chimes in the windows of the room, and a small sand garden next to a small bonsai tree. There were many other things that represent balance all around. There was also a bookshelf with books on the strange, mythical, supernatural, and the unexplainable. Her job is at her own home, she is a massage therapist and does physic readings for those who are curious about their future or they are tourists that come to visit our Massachusetts home, which is close to Salem, looking for a thrill while they are here. I saw her sitting on her favorite cushion and it seem that I have woke her from a mediation session, I take a seat next to her on a purple cushion I find super soft. “What is it darling?” She asked me placing a soft sisterly hand on my leg which helps calm me down from the nervousness that I have held in my body ever since Azrael left this morning for work. “I came to ask about the…” I started. “The bite marks on Azrael’s neck,” she finished for me, “I know he got bit, before either of you did. You see, I had predicted this before he did get bit. The being that bit him, I am unsure about my dear, but I know within the time period of the Blood Moon, he will turn into whatever bit him there. I am sorry I did not get a chance to warn you both of this. I was very busy the last few days.” She never lets me down once. She told Azrael and me before that she is psychic and can predict the future, but at this moment in time I was starting to become an emotional wreck. Fira got up from her cushion and knelt in front of the one I was sitting on embracing me in her strong comforting arms. Some of her unnatural silver hair long hair that goes to her waist fell into my face. It was down instead of its normal French braid. I asked her when we first met her, if she dyed it like that but she said she was born with it. The scent of her herbal shampoo filled my nose. Her eyes are a silver blue but today they seem a little darker than normal, almost indigo. She is the same height as my love Azrael. Her lightly tan skin; almost seem white against my own skin as I cried against her shoulder. My love is not going to be human anymore; I was not sure what I was going to do now. I love him. Fira rubbed my back and hums a calming tune. Within five minute I have calm down enough to leave to head back home to think more about this subject. Before I left Fira’s house she asked “Would you like something to eat or drink hun?” I guess all that crying made me pale and shaky. All I could do was nod. She led me into the kitchen, “What would you like to have dear?” Strangely I replied, “Can I have a glass of blood?” We both stood there motionless and quiet unsure how to react. Fira only looked at me, like she had a feeling or something. I scared myself as I asked for that, “I-I….I will just have a glass of milk and three of your sugar cookies.” I said to cover up what I just said. She did not question me and got me what I asked for as I sat down at the table. There was still a lump the size of a softball in my throat from crying against her about the news that Fira gave me about my love. I am grateful to have a friend like her who will make sure I am ok and never question me. After I ate my snack, I got up and headed for the door. “You up to leaving now hun?” Fira asked me as I was putting on my shoes. “Yeah, thank you so much for letting me stay a while as I calmed down. You are the best sister I ever had.” I said smiling softly. Fira smiled back at me then gave me a hug, “Be safe my dear. Be safe.”

~Fira~
I walked my clients, a sweet young couple, out of the room wishing them a good rest of the day then shut the door closing up for the day. They are here on vacation visiting family; they wanted to know how their lives will go on or if something will happen to them. I gave them their future of them being a long happy couple with a family of their own. When they finally left, I got very light headed and leaned against the wall. What could be causing a vision this time? Will something happen to the couple that I just met with? I hope not. It has been a day since Scarlet came to see me asking me about Azrael and what he will turn into. Could it be about them? My body started to get hot as my head started to buzz and pound. Sliding down the wall trying to regain my senses before it got worse. The room started to spin, my body felt like it was on fire. This is the worse sensation I have ever felt getting warning from the psychic world. Then I blacked out.

I was standing in the background of an accident, a two car crash, the one getting loading into the ambulance had some open wounds, but they are not life threatening, there was a white sheet covering a dead body. A police officer taking pictures moved the sheet, the lady under the sheet looked like me. I could not believe what I was seeing; it was my mother. She died the same way a few months after I was born. I was not there at the time. The pain still feels the same, worse now that I had seen it. The vision changed to when I was five years old. I was playing in my crib with my stuffed wolf. Somehow it fell out of the crib. My father was too far away to hear my cries to come and get it. The younger form of me was reaching for the stuff animal but the little arms could not reach it. Suddenly the stuffed wolf jumped into the air and into the young girl’s hand. The startle scream made the father come running in. My young form was staring at the now hovering wolf her arm still extended. I still remember this day, it is the day I got my psychic abilities. Then the vision changed once more, it is of my father telling me to say inside and do not come out and walked out the door into the night. It was another full moon. He always left me alone, now it was my chance to find out why he never took me with him. My ghost like figure followed him out into the woods. After walking a long way to the clearing we would go to for a father daughter picnic he stood there motionless staring at the moon. Then a loud howl like I would hear ever full moon came from the figure of my father. He grew taller and his muscle increased it size, his hand and feet turned into paws, and his head became one of a wolf. I backed away even though he could not hear or smell me, let alone see me. My father was a werewolf. Now that I think about it, he has always told me stories about werewolves. The vision changed once more to when I was seventeen, my father gave me his necklace, the pendant was of a wolf howling inside a crescent moon with seven stars in the moon. He told to never take it off and never let anyone see it. His voice was full of fear for me as the door was kicked down right after he pushed me into the closet and shut the door. I remember this day because this is the day my father was murdered in front of my very eyes. I stood outside this time and watched what happened though before I watched from the crack of the closet door. Six people walked through the busted down door and surrounded my father. Each one was dressed in a long black leather jacket, a black hat that covered their eyes. What I remember them by precisely is the silver cross pendant that was over their heart. The gun shot ran from the six men and just like when I was seventeen I closed my eyes, when I opened them again my father fell to the floor and a pool of his own blood started to form underneath him. One of the figures spoke, “The female werewolf died a long time ago, which is why this mutt has been terrorizing the town for the pass sixteen years, out of grief of losing its mate.” He said kicking my father’s dead body, a few of the other nodded in agreement. My mother was also a werewolf? My father and mother were werewolves so that made me a Full blood werewolf. As the men left my house I saw myself crawl out of the closet and shake my dead father trying to wake him up, silently crying in case the men came back to kill me next. I remember meeting Azrael after that, I was living on my own and he showed up one day. He did not want me to tell him his fortune but just needed a place to hang out and calm down. I let him stay and we became close friends then. Later when he and Scarlet got together he introduced me to her, just like Azrael, we became what many preppie girls would call besties. The vision changed again. I was shocked at what I was seeing. Azrael was staring at a white werewolf. This is the dream I had before which prophecies the bite marks that he has now. Then it dawned on me, I could not remember what happened that night after I blacked out. My werewolf side must have come out on that night. How could I not remember something as important as that? I reached up and grabbed my necklace my father gave me before his death. I am a werewolf and I am the one who bite Azrael, my dear friend who was like my brother.

Everything went black again as I heard a knock on my door. I opened my eyes and I was back in my house and got up slowly using the wall for support and opened it. Standing in front of me was a female about five foot three inches. Her thick straight hair was a shiny black. Her eyes are a dark brown, and full of worry. “Oh my god, are you ok?!” She asked taking my hand, I guess I still look weak from my vision. Though something was strange about her, it was her aura. I don’t know how to explain it. She must have seen the confusion in my face, “You are a full blood white werewolf. A rarity. I am also werewolf. Also I am full blood. Though my fur is a common one, a dark copper brown. I sensed two other werewolves in the area and thought I would sniff around to find them. My name is Alexandra.” She said with a smile. “Please come in,” I said politely, and we can talk in private. I don’t want mortal ears to hear what we are about to talk about. She came in and looked around, “Nice place you have here.” “Thanks Alexandra, my name is Fira. It is a pleasure to meet you. Also are you sure it is a good idea to tell people what you are that you do not know?” I asked out of curiosity. Curiosity killed the cat but not a werewolf. “Your scent is a werewolf, a full blood. It is also familiar. Do you happen to be related to Barron, and Skyla?” I stiffened; those were my parents’ names, “W-why?” I stuttered which gave her my answer of me being related to them. “Oh my god, really?! You are?! What are you? Are you their cousin, how about a sibling of one of them? No don’t tell me you are their daughter!” She rambled, her outgoing personality made me feel a little more comfortable. Even though she is really out going and very friendly as she continued to throw out questions at me about my mother and father. Then I noticed a glimpse of something silver under her shirt. If one of werewolves weakness is silver then what is she wearing? “Hey Alexandra, I love to answer your questions about who I am, but I have a question for you.” She stopped her questions, “Okay, lay it on me.” “Well if werewolves are weak against silver, why are you wearing a silver necklace?” She seemed confused at my question then her eyes lit up, “Oh you mean this?” She pulled out a necklace that is similar to the one my father gave me. “It is made out of steel not silver I clean mine daily so that why it must look shiny silver.” Unconsciously I reached for my necklace under my shirt. The motion made Alexandra gasp, “Oh my god, you have the same necklace too?! That means we are from the same clan!” Alexandra knew a lot about werewolves than I did, I would need to study up on them. Keeping her around would be useful, plus it would be nice to have another friend around. “Hey Alexandra, would you like to go into the kitchen and have a snack? We can talk more and maybe we could meet up another day and talk.” I suggested. Alexandra nodded in agreement and we walked into the kitchen and started to talk about what we are and history behind us.

~Scarlet~
I was in the store getting things for dinner. Azrael started working overtime on the new project he was given that is what he told me coming home late last night. My thought was he was in fear that he would hurt me due to him turning into some type of beast. Walking down an aisle, I heard crying. A little girl was sitting on the floor crying for her mother who she lost in the store, she could not be more than eight years old. Kneeling in front of her, “Hello,” I spoke to her in a calm warm voice, “Are you lost?” She nodded wiping away a tear with the palm of her little hand, “My mommy is gone. I went to get her this,” She held up a can of soup sniffling, “When I went back to give it to her she was gone.” I gently wiped away another tear that was forming in her eye with my thumb, “What is your mother’s name? I will help you find her.” She looked at me with a soft smile a few tears rolling down her cheek still, “My mommy’s name is Mattie. Do you think she is nearby?” I nodded and helped her stand up and walked down the aisle holding her hand. “Lilly!” We heard someone call out. I looked to where the voice came from, a woman was frantic looking down other aisle. “Mommy!” Lilly called out seeing her too. Her hand squeezed mine out of excitement and happiness. Mattie looked at her daughter and relaxed seeing her safe. “Is this your mother?” I asked the girl, I knew but I wanted to be sure. I do not want to give a young child away to a stranger. I knew better from my own dark past. Lilly nodded and let go of my hand and ran to her mother hugging her tightly. Mattie picked her up and walked over to me, “Thank you for finding my daughter. I was worried that something happened to her.” I smiled, “Don’t worry about it, she was scared herself and I was not going to leave her alone.” After a few minutes talking to Mattie and Lilly, we parted ways. I began thinking of my past, my dark and hated childhood.

Ever since I can remember, I lived in a foster home. It was an old worn down house, just like the people who I was living with. They were not very nice to me. I almost never left the house, they homeschooled me. If I was not doing my schoolwork, I was doing house work. If I didn’t finish my chores, I did not get dinner. They abused me as well; I could still feel the bruises and welts on my skin just remembering what happened if I did something bad. Even if it was minor things I did like, spoke out of turn, or asked a stupid question. I hated them, though I hated my foster father the most. When I was six years old, he molested me. At times, I can still remember his gross, greasy hands on me. I remember yelling at them one day when I was ten that I wanted my real parents and they will burn in hell for what they are doing to me. I did not even think I had real parents, but someone had to bring me into the world didn’t they. I just wish they had not abandoned me with those horrible people. For so long I wished that one day that they could come back and take me away from those people and have them sent to jail for how they abused me. When I was a teen, I gave up on those childish dreams of being freed of my foster parents. Now thoughts of being hated, neglected, and being unwanted were flooding my thoughts. I suffered through depression for many years, they only thing that kept me alive is that one day I will have a better life. Far away from this place, but my demons inside my head kept telling me otherwise. I will never be free; I will always be their slave. When I get really worked up, I would lock myself in my room and take out my book about vampires. Even back then I loved vampires. Reading it over and over again, I realized I had some similar traits to vampires. Ever since that day when I realized I had the similar traits, I believed I was more than just a simple human, something bigger and better. I would never know; it was just a childish dream. Or was it?
I finished my shopping and went home. At home I put the grocery away and then changed my clothes. The thoughts of my past troubled me; I needed to know what will happen to us in the future. Not just my beloved Azrael, and me but for our friends as well. When they find out that Azrael is now some sort of monster how will they react? Will they try to kill him? Will they run in fear? Currently there are only two others that know about Azrael secret, Fira and the White Werewolf. I needed answers; I did not want my bright future that finally came to me to be ruined by this. I know I will never run from him, but I don’t know about the rest of our friends. I grabbed my car keys and left the house.

~Alexandra~
Fira is letting me stay in her home, I agreed to help her with her newly found powers, since I have been used to mine werewolf body and abilities. I warned her that now that she knows all of her wolf like senses will come in like a tidal wave. Her powers that she has now, she will have to close her shop for a while if she cannot control them with werewolf abilities. Both of those combine will drive her insane and or maybe on a killing spree, who knows. She was in the living room or the mediation room as she likes to call it, to help calm her nerves from last night and today’s training session. I was in the kitchen eating some chicken strips when I heard a car pull into the driveway. The engine turned off and footsteps running to the door, which slammed opened moments after, “Fira! Fira where are you?! I need your help.” The voice was panic and full of sorrow. Whoever it was, they were running around like the devil was on their heels. A girl with black medium long hair ran into the kitchen and froze when she saw me, “O-oh I’m sorry, did you have an appointment to see Fira?” She asked me. I shook my head, “No I am living here now. I am Alexandra, Fira’s long lost cousin.” That was not a lie that came from my mouth; Fira and I are cousins, on her father’s side. It is something we discussed when I first met her yesterday, and one of the reasons she is letting me stay. “Oh it is nice to meet you, my name is Scarlet. I am Fira’s friend. Is she here I really need to speak with her?” Before I could answer Fira walked into the room, holding her head, “Scarlet hun, I told you before that you are allowed to come in at any time but do not make a ruckus like you just did. I have a headache now.” Her hand dropped from her eyes which have dark circles under her eyes. I looked away knowing that we were up late training, I told her that she needed to rest with her powers but she wanted to get as much training done before the blood moon leaves the night sky. She also had three clients this morning so she is drained both mentally and physically. Scarlet gasped seeing her friend in this state, “Fira are you okay? What’s wrong? You do not look well.” Fira dismissed the question with a wave of her hand, “It’s nothing, and you said you needed me? What do you need hun?” It is one thing that I admire about my cousin; she is always willing to give a supportive hand to anyone who needed it. Just like an Alpha would do in a pack. Scarlet looked at her for a few more seconds before responding to her, “I need to know what will happen to Azrael, it is really important I am worried about his wellbeing.” Fira nodded, even though she hid her emotions about how she felt about turning him into a Werewolf. She felt terrible, and wanted to be there to support him, that is why she is training so hard to master her powers before the blood moon ends. I told her it will take a week even with the intense training but she is willing to push herself to the extreme to get it done. Fira waved her into the meditation room, “Come let us meditate together to find the answer, Scarlet I will need your help for this one, you have many different emotions running through your body about different outcomes.” Scarlet nodded and followed her into the room, before Fira walked into the room; she gave me a look that told me to stay here, even though I know about the entire situation. I shrugged and went back to my lunch.
~Fira~
Scarlet sat on the fluffy purple cushion she loves, which is right next to mine. I sat down and took her hands closing my eyes. All of her questions flooded into me, each one went through its process of determining what will happen with their friends, and each one was the same. No death, no hatred, just fear and unease emotions from them all. Right before I let go of her hands to tell her what I saw, her voice rang through my head, it was yelling, screaming, help is what she said, her voice was scared and panicked. I had no picture of what was happening to her, but blood, lot of blood spots on a black background. That was all I saw, as soon as it came it vanished. I decided to look into this further before I tell her or Azrael. Whatever it was, it was urgent, and was going to happen soon.

~Azrael~
My head was down, with a major headache, when my phone started to ring. Groaning, my hand moved around my desk looking for the phone. I found it eventually and picked up my phone, “Hello, this is Azrael, Game Designer for Hail Storm Gaming Company.” My lovely catch phrase I am forced to say when I pick up the phone while I am at work or I could get fired, “Hey Azrael, its Fira.” My head shot up, she usually never calls unless something is wrong. There are cases when she wants to hang out with Scarlet and I but she usually calls my cell for that. “Hey Fira, what’s wrong? Did something happen?” I checked the time. Three thirty. I had two and a half hours to go before I get out of work. “Everything is fine, I just wanted to give you a heads up that Scarlet came to see me today, and she was pretty panicked. I made sure she was calm enough before I sent her home. I just wanted to give you a head’s up if she is still a little fretful when you get home.” This is one many reasons why I love her, as a friend of course, maybe as a sister, she was always looking after us when we needed help. “Thanks Fira, you are the best. I don’t know what I would do without you.” “Is something wrong Azrael? You seem upset or hurt in some way.” She asked over the phone. This should not shock me; it is not the first time she asked me something like that over the phone. She is a psychic after all. “Not really, my neck hurts still from the wound,” An uneasy silence was on the other end of the phone call, “And I have a wicked headache. It is like someone poured a ton of sand or something in my head. The pressure is killing me.” “Oh, I see. Stop by my house on the way home from work, I will make the headache remedy you two like so much.” I smiled, that should do the trick, and her herbal remedies are the best. “Thanks Fira, again you are the best.” She hung up and I put the phone back on the receiver. Leaning back in my chair I watched the sunlight dance on the ceiling that came through the window behind me. So much has happened to us within one day. All I can think about is tomorrow, it is Scarlet and mine one year anniversary. I want to make it special for her, so I can’t let this get in my way. As I continued to watch the sun light dance across the ceiling something got in the way and made a crescent shaped mark on the ceiling. My headache grew worse as I looked at it. Closing my eyes hoping the day would hurry up so I can get the remedy from Fira to get rid of this damn thing.

To get my mind off of the pain that was throbbing in my head, I started to think about the crescent moon shape on the ceiling. It reminded me of a man, not just any man, my father. He had a tattoo of a crescent moon on the left side of his face. That was the only thing I could remember about him. I had no clue if he was alive or not. I soon started to think of the mark on my left shoulder, I had it since I was young, I had no clue how it got there. Marking was a sun and a moon tribal like tattoo you see in the tattoo and body piercing shops. Thinking about it, I remember that I was a very temperamental child, getting easily angry at the sudden change. I could never go to school because of it, my mother, who passed away when I was young, feared that I would hurt the other children if I went to school. My father, finally let me go to school in third grade, since then I was home schooled by my mother. It is around the time I got the mark. I could also control my anger better. After that my father disappeared on us. Leaving my mother and me to defend for us. My mother was upset but did not seem to care. Now that I think about it, she seem like she was hiding something from me. I shrugged it off and continued my work.

On my way home from the longest day of work ever in my life, I stopped at Fira’s. She was outside with a small bag in her hand. I pulled over to the curb with my blinker on, as she walked to the sidewalk. I opened the passenger car window, “Hello you.” Fira said handing me the bag. “Hey, and thanks a ton.” She smiled and handed me an envelope, like the ones you get on your birthday or a holiday. “What’s this?” I asked taking it. “A little gift for tomorrow.” “You didn’t have to Fira.” I smiled at her kindness, but I know how tight she is with money right now. She is living alone, and she makes just enough for everything she needs in with her fortune telling business, her massage therapy, and selling remedy to those who enjoy her works of herbal magic. “But I wanted to.” She came back with, “Now get home and surprise her with your special gift you have planned.” She winked at me knowing what I had planned for Scarlet. If someone was going to throw her a surprise party, she will show up before at the location of the party to help set up. Scarlet tried that for her birthday this year. I couldn’t help but laugh softly remembering Scarlet’s surprised face as Fira walked in to the hall she had rented for her party. I had to calm her down and explain. This is when she officially found out Fira is a physic. Before that Scarlet always thought Fira was a fake. It was during a time when Scarlet and I first started to go out. Smiling I pulled away from the curb and drove the rest of the way home, I didn’t even noticed my headache went away.

~Azrael~
It will be our one year anniversary tomorrow since Scarlet and I first started dating. Though the fear of me turning into a beast haunts me constantly, I wanted to make this day special for her. So I put that fear aside and went over the plan for tomorrow. A few months ago, I booked a hotel suite for us to spend the night in the hotel called, Crystal Lake Hotel. It was a four star hotel that was right near one of the wonderful lakes. A nice candle lit dinner on the water front diner in the hotel called Sunrise Diner, dancing at the club across the street from the hotel we are going to stay at. Everything was perfectly planned, nothing was going to ruin this night. Now all that is left is to surprise her with this gift. I got home early and snuck up behind her while she was cooking dinner, which smelt like heaven to me after a long day at work. I covered her eyes with my hands, “I’m home Scarlet.” I whispered into her ear. She giggled, “Oh, my I can’t see you, so how can I tell if you are home are not.” Fira called me earlier today to tell me she was feeling fretful about the bite marks that she came to see her in a panic. So I am sure this will make her day much better. I moved my hands and she turned around kissing me, “Welcome home hun,” she said softly. “Thanks,” I sniffed the air, “What are you cooking? It smells wonderful.” She smiled at that, she always loves when someone says that her cooking smells wonderful, good, delicious, or takes a spoon to taste it, which I did. “It also tastes good.” She pecks my cheek with a kiss, “I’m glad you like it. It is a new dish I been dying to make for a while, and I thought it would help with the current…. issue.” Just like Fira said, she is worried and fretful, but not as bad as I was believed she would be. “Well I think we need some time to ourselves.” I said, “How would you like to go out and have a little fun on our one year anniversary.” I said taking out the brochure for the hotel we are staying at. Her squeal is all I needed for a yes; she also threw herself into my arms. “Azrael, you really booked a room here for us?” Nodding I told her the rest of the plan for the night, “Tomorrow we will go check in, have dinner in the diner they have, then we will dance the night away at the club next to the hotel.” The excitement in her eyes told me she could not wait for tomorrow. After she put the dish in the oven and set the timer, she ran upstairs to pack. I stayed down stairs waiting for her, not long after the phone rang, “Hello,” I answered holding the phone to my ear. “Azrael,” It was Fira’s voice, and for some odd reason, she sounded like she was tired. “What’s wrong Fira?” “Something is going to happen really soon, I don’t have an exact date or time, but it will happen very soon. It involves you and Scarlet, Mostly Scarlet though. It will happen soon. Be careful. Please be careful.” Before I could ask what she meant, the phone went dead on her end. It was very unlike her to call and hang up like that. Maybe she had a late arrival customer from town, or her connection cut out. I put the phone back on the receiver when Scarlet came down stairs. “Who was on the phone Azrael?” I looked at her, “It was Fira, I am unsure what it about, and she just said something will happen.” She smirked and walked over wrapping her arms around my waist, “But something is happening, you and I will be together alone in a hotel room.” She said rubbing my lower back with her fingertips. A shiver went up my spine every single time she did that to me. My counter attack is very simple, I placed my head on her shoulder and pressed my lips against her neck. Softly I blew air against her neck which made my lips vibrate giving her a raspberry. She squealed softly and jumped slightly, and she stopped her tickling. The timer went off for the dish to be done and she unraveled herself from me to get the dish before it burned. I followed her into the kitchen and set the table. We both sat down and enjoyed dinner.


~Scarlet~
I am so happy, sitting in the passenger seat of Azrael’s car heading down the highway to our anniversary spot. He is so sweet to me. The area around the hotel was simply beautiful, the trees full of their bright green color, the sparkle in the lakes and rivers. Even the town was wonderful as we drove through. Everything was clean and the people were very friendly. We checked into the hotel and went to our room on the top floor, it had an wonderful view of the lake. I decided to explore the hotel a little while Azrael gets a little shut eye. It was a late night for him, his headache came back right before he went to bed, and until he remember he got the remedy from Fira earlier that day he was up until midnight. We had to get up around five in the morning to get our check in time. I offered to drive but he wanted to spoil me. Speaking of Fira, she came up to me in a slight panicked state. “Scarlet, I am so glad I found you. You are in danger; if you stay here you will be taken away. You must not leave the hotel. Please Scarlet. It is for your own safety.” She left before I could ask her by whom. She has been acting very strange since Azrael got bite by the white werewolf. I did not take her warning seriously, and went back to the room. I wanted to change into my swimsuit to take a quick dip before dinner and the night club across the street. I hope we would get in and not have to wait in a long line. When I asked the hotel desk attendant she says that people wait up to three hours before even step foot into the club. I wanted to have fun with my lover, dancing the night away. Maybe get a little tipsy and heading back to the hotel room for a little more fun. I giggled thinking about it heading to our room. I totally forgot about Fira’s warning.

~Azrael~
I woke up to the sound of zipping bags and ruffling clothing. If there is one thing I hate more about turning into a werewolf are the soft sounds that people normally do not hear are much louder. I sat up and looked over, and my face turned bright red. Scarlet did not notice I had woke up yet, her back was towards me putting on her black and red bikini, the sides of the bottom were tied together with string, and she was tying the back string of the top on as I watched. She turned around to grab her towel, “Oh did I wake you Azrael?” I shook my head, “No, no I was getting up, going for a swim?” I asked. She nodded, “Want to join me for a quick dip, Az Az?” A lethal blow, my nickname that makes me blush; which my face is the color of her name, Scarlet. “Sure why not, I will meet you down at the pool.” She nodded wrapping the towel around her waist and walking back out of the room. I quickly changed into my dark purple swim trunks that Scarlet got me for my birthday one year and followed her down to the pool.

After a quick swim and shower, it was close to the time we had to go to the diner for dinner. She was dressed in a nice purple blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. I was wearing a black button up short-sleeved shirt, and a pair of navy blue jeans. I told the hostess about the reservation I made earlier that week and they sat us right away. They gave us a free bottle of wine for our anniversary. We made a toast while we waited for our dinner, for us to be together forever. I brought Fira’s gift down with us so we can open it together. Inside the bag were two VIP passes to the club we were going to after dinner. Fira yet again spoiled us. We looked at each other and silently agreed that we are going to do something nice for her. Not a surprise though, that would not work out. After we ate out dinner on the waterfront, quickly we went back to our hotel room to change into better dancing clothing then headed out to the club across the street. We showed the bouncer the VIP passes Fira gave us and we were let in right away. I am glad I packed earplug for my ears now, the music was blaring. I used to love listening to music this loud, but now I would be going insane. Damn my new wolf hearing. Scarlet dragged me to the dance floor and we started to dance the night away. She stayed close to me dancing to the beat of the techno, dubstep, and other nightclub music the DJ was blasting out of the speakers. Besides the ear plugs in my ear I totally forgot about the blood moon threat that is going to turn me into a beast. I went to grab Scarlet and me a drink from the bar; she went to the bathroom to freshen up a little. “What do you want?” The bartender asked. “One martini on the rocks and a Bud Light draft.” I ordered. The bartender nodded and got my drinks. Scarlet came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. Looking over my shoulder I smiled at her. She already had a couple drinks so she is tipsy. I have to keep my eye on her because of the rest of the drunken assholes here in the club. I don’t want my special girl to get taken from me. The bartender hands us our drinks and we sit down and drink our drinks. I suddenly have the urge to go to the DJ and ask for a special song for us. “Scar, I will be right back.” I told her. She giggled, “I won’t move until you get back.” I smiled and walked to the DJ booth. Right before I was going to ask there was an ear-piercing scream all the main lights came on, the music stopped. “Let me go! Put me down you asshole!” Scarlet’s voice rang across the club floor; I looked over and saw a tall figure wearing a cloak with the hood on dragging Scarlet to the door. She struggled against his grip trying to get free, “Azrael! Azrael help!” She called out as I pushed my way through the crowd to get to her. I was not losing her on this day, or any day. They got outside and by the time I got there they vanished. My blood was boiling; my breath was heavy, fist clench so tight that my nails broke my skin. I spun on my heels and slammed my fist into the wall cracking it a little. The bouncer walked over to me, “The police are on their way, we will get your girl back. The manager is going through the tapes as we speak to find the asshole who took your girl.” He said, but it did not calm me down one bit, I stormed into the hotel and stormed straight to the room. My headache was back and stronger than ever. I needed the remedy Fira gave me before it gets any worst. By the time I got to my room, I was in a complete rage. I took the remedy and looked into the mirror, my eyes were no longer their normal selves, and they were blood red wolf eyes. Like the female werewolf had when it came to me and bit my neck. My black hair started to change, longer, and then from the top it stayed black but as it went down it turned red, blood red. My breathing was no longer heavy but it was growling, deep menacing growling. My body grew taller; my muscles tensed up and seem to get bigger and stronger as well. My nails turned into black claws as my hands turned into paws. Then it came, a loud, fearful howl escaped my lips, as my transformation was complete. I was now a seven-foot tall black werewolf. My rages took control of me; I jumped out the window of the hotel room, which is on the top floor none the less. I ran through the city causing so much chaos and confusion that I was not the only one that was hurting other, car crashing, people tripping, other running into doors and walls. I was no longer control of my body. By the time I calmed down, the city was a wreck, people were locked inside that were not a member of the emergency response team. I was back in the hotel room and gathering our things and went to my car and left the town. That is what many others were doing as well, best to blend in instead of stick out.

It was three in the morning when I got home. I was covered in blood, random people that I attacked, and my own from injuries caused by the protectors of the city. I left the stuff we took to the hotel in the car and walked inside and took a shower, a nice long hot shower. The water washed away the blood but it can never wash away what I had done. I was exhausted. I climbed into bed after I washed all the blood off of me. I tried to get some sleep but I was awoken by a terrible dream. The figure that took my beloved Scarlet was being tortured, her screams echoed through my head, as I stayed awake. Something hit my window; I got up and looked out. Fira was standing next to the window and I let her in.

~Fira~
Scarlet did not take my warning and now she is gone, Azrael’s powers nearly destroyed a city, and now people are on the hunt for werewolves. I did warn them, but it came too late. I walked over to Azrael’s place after I was done with my training with Alexandra. He was awake, and told me of his dream. He looked like a wreck; I knew I was going to have to tell him one day it was my fault that I turned him. The guilt from that haunts me, if I never bit him, none of this would have happened; none of it. But now was not the time for that. As a good friend I stayed by his side and made sure he was calmed down and was able to get some sleep. Things will only get more and more chaotic now that his powers are fully out and Scarlet is gone. He will go looking for her, and I do not want him running around while his powers are wild and crazy like they are now. Next time there might be more deaths if I let him go. I am going to need to pick up my training before I can help my dearest friend, search for Scarlet and control his powers.

~Scarlet~
I guess I passed out after the male figure that took me away from mine and Azrael’s one year anniversary. Wait, took me away from Azrael? I sat up and looked around. What happened had to be a dream, right? I wish it was a dream; I was sitting in a large bed room. It looked like it belongs to a king, it was a black room and the only other colors are red, gold, and ivory. I was terrified; there was also blood on the barred windows, the stone floor, and the black tall bedpost, which holds up a thick red curtain. I got up and started to head to the door. Right before I opened it, the figure that took me swung the door open and was standing in my only escape path. I backed away tripping on the uneven stone floor and started to crawl backwards trying to get away from my capturer. I was also feeling for something I can use as a weapon of some sort. If this was going to be my last day, I was not going out without a fight. “Scarlet, please calmed down. I am not going to hurt you.” He said with a slight hiss in his voice. He pulled off his hood and reveled a male with black hair the same color as my own and just as long, it was slicked back with oil. His skin is pale, it reminded me of Azrael. I hope he is not worried about me. His features are sharp as ever, his eyes are black, and seemed to stare into my terrified soul. When he smiled I saw fangs. Fang?! Is the person who captured me a vampire?! No doubt, those fangs are the fangs of a vampire. He came closer to me, as my hand grabbed a hold of a lose piece of stone. He keeps coming closer and closer. I hurled the stone in my hand with all my strength. It flew at him but it did no good what so ever. With a simple tilt of his head the stone sailed into the open door way. Though he did stop in progress coming closer. “Scarlet, I am not going to hurt my only daughter.” He said in a soft and somewhat hurt voice. “D-daughter?” The only words that came out of my mouth were a stutter echo of his last word. “Yes, I am sorry I left you for so long, but I could not raise you properly after your mundane mother died on me. You could wander in the light, a day walker so to speak, yet I could not, I am a Pure Blood Vampire. It would have been extremely hard for me to care for you during all your day activities while I spelt the day away. I hopped you went to a good family at least to raise you.” I was now on my feet, enraged at what he said. My mother dead and called her a mundane, he had to give me to those horrible people and have the nerve to ask if it was good family. If he was a good father he would have cared for me no matter what the condition was. I picked up my coat from the foot of the bed and started to leave the room. “I can tell you are mad at me my dear daughter, but the reason I took you away last night is because your vampire nature is about to wake up. Besides your lover is not very suitable for you. He is a bloody mutt.” This made my blood boil and I turned at him. A mean hissing sound escaped my lips. My eyes started to heat up as they turned to the dark red color of the vampire. I ran at my so-called father and landed a solid round house to his head. With my new found strength and speed I sent him flying through the stone wall into the hallway. “You abandoned me to a family that abused and violated me!” I yelled at him, my voice echoed through the abandoned hallways, “You take me away from my lover without an explanation and called him a mutt. Azrael is not a mutt, nor is he just a werewolf! He is my fiancé! We have been together for a year now!” He got up as I threw a back fist to his chest. With ease he caught my hand and held it tight. I barely saw his hand move before he hit me in the back of my neck, knocking me out.

When I woke up this time, I went straight to the door. Shaking the door and rattling with the door handle trying to force the door open, my effort was useless. It was locked tightly. I went to the window and shook the checker pattern iron bars over the window. They did not even budge even with my new found strength. Walking around the room, looking for another way out. I soon gave up and sat on the floor under the window. The closest I have to freedom is the sunlight that is pouring through it. That means my father, or my so called father is asleep and what other vampires that serve him that live here are also asleep. I miss Azrael, I hope what happened last did not trigger a shift and made him go insane. Azrael, please stay calm.

~Azrael~
I woke up around noontime the next day. I remember every detail so clearly of the night before. Scarlet being taken away from me on our one year anniversary. My transformation to my other beastly form. I ran my hand through my longer hair, seeing the red reminded me of the blood of the innocent people I killed on my rampage. Tears started to roll down my cheek. The air in my lungs froze making it hard to breathe as I cried. Why is this happening to me? Why? I started to shake badly when Fira walked in. I remember her coming in last night after I got home; I guess she stayed to keep an eye on me. For once, her over protectiveness feels comforting. Though, her warmness did little to help calm me down at that moment, the guilt of what happened last night made it impossible to look up at her. I did not want her to hate me now. “Azrael,” She said in a soft voice, and walked over and embraced me in her caring arms. Her aura engulfed me, it was very soothing and helped me to stop shaking, but my tears would not stop. “Everything will be ok, things happen that we can’t prevent.” She said wiping away my tears from my soaked cheeks with a tissue, “I tried but failed. It is my fault for Scarlet being taking away and all the people who were killed.” I was shocked; she took all my blame and put it on herself. “Fira, it was not your fault. We were so engaged with our anniversary we forgot. None of this is your fault.” She shook her head, the motion made me look at her face, she seemed even more exhausted and dark with secret, that she was scared to share with anyone even me. Her body seemed to be thin but has grown stronger in the past three days. Whatever was happening she was suffering just as much as I was, maybe more. “If only you knew…” She started but trailed off. Knew what? What is my closest friend talking about? She then changed the subject, “I called your boss and told them that Scarlet is missing and you are not in your right mind. He agreed to give you as much time off as you need to help clear your mind, but he does expect you to do some work at home so you don’t fall behind. He does not expect much, just a little.” I nodded in a silence thanks. I am happy that my job knows Fira; she does come to visit me at times or comes with Scarlet to bring me lunch, plus she gets customers from my work place. So it is easy for her to call me out of work if she has too if Scarlet can’t. “Fira…” I started to say. She looked at me and sat on the edge of the bed, “Will Scarlet be ok? Where is she?” Fira’s face grew grim and darker, even more than it was when she walked into the room, “I am not sure if she will be ok, but she is in the home of a vampire.” She said, her voiced masked with sorrow and a hint of fear. Nothing made sense to me anymore. “Azrael, why don’t you get some more rest? I left some herbal tea that will help you recover your strength and mental well-being in the fridge, I also made some soup, it is on the stove and the burner is on low. I have to go back to my shop; I booked a few readings today and two massage therapy appointments. Call me if you need anything else. Also, don’t leave your house unless I am with you. You are not ready, both mentally and physically.” She said walking out the door. I took her advice and got some more rest. Sleep was a remedy that all people need to overcome tough times, that is what Fira said one day to me.
~Fira~
I left Azrael’s house around twelve thirty in the afternoon. I hate lying to him about what happened to him. It was my fault this happened, if I never bit him, Scarlet will still be here with Azrael and he would not be a mental wreck. I know he will try to find her, which means I need to finish up my training and fast. Alexandra waited outside for me, “So, how is the werewolf that you turned?” She asked walking along side me. “A mental wreck, he transformed and his powers are currently dormant, but I have no clue how much longer for. He will try to look for Scarlet.” I replied. Entering the forest behind Azrael’s house we made our way slowly back to my house, though I took a turn heading to the forest clearing. Alexandra grabbed my arm stopping me, “Cuz, not to be rude or anything, but you are not capable for training now, you were up all night training, then when he got home around one in the morning, we finished up and you went to his house to make sure he was alright. You have not slept at all. Besides you have those customers later today. You won’t be able to do their readings in your condition. Nor will you have the energy for the massages.” Her concerned voiced warmed me, “I am sorry Alexandra, but once he is feeling better he will try to leave to look for the vampire that took Scarlet. He is strong. I could sense his aura when I saw the future. I don’t want him running into a blind fight. I want him to be ready. I will be fine. After my readings I will get some sleep and have something to eat. Then we will come up with a plan to test his abilities at their current stage.” Her hand tightened around my arm, but sighed. Alexandra knew I have not slept since we began training with my power, id have also eaten very little in the past three days. She had every right to be concerned about my mental and physical well-being. Though, she is also aware of the situation that is happening. Once I am done training, we are going to train Azrael then go to the nest of vampires to save Scarlet. She let go and we both walked towards the clearing. Let the race against time begin.

~Cleo~

“It wasn’t my fault!” The creature screamed as I chased him,
“You drank from the town’s youth, the young girls!” I yelled back, dodging the swinging branches of the pine woods, he was beginning to slow, sure he was a vampire and fast, but I am faster, swifter, and more determined to kill him then he was of escaping.
“I had to, I was so hungry and they were willing.” He slowed just enough to round a tree, but, I was closer than he had thought, my hand caught his shirt, pulling him against the tree and slamming his back to it.
“It still gives you no right to drink from them…and for this, you will pay for it” I clenched my fist around the silver bladed short sword that was sheathed on my back
“Oh I don’t think I’m the one that’s paying.” His fist came up in a flash, throwing a right hook, I stepped back to dodge and he pushed off the tree, lunging at me, it didn't take long before I again had him pinned, this time, a blade through his shoulder and stabbed into the tree, he struggled against the blade, only resulting in my fist making contact to his jaw.
“Now I know that your hive isn't going to let you off the hook for killing the girls so why don't you tell me where the hive is and I will make your death swift and painless.” He spat at me and growled.
“Why should I tell you?”
“I’m sure that ether way you’re going to be dead so why not make it easier on yourself and tell me now, so that I can be rid of your filthy stench.” I spat back, having him stop for a moment to think it through. “Now are you going to tell me or do I have to let you go and follow you, having them call you a treacherous rat and torture you slow?” His pupils shrunk to mere peas as he realized the severity of the situation.
“Its...it’s in Hartford, CT....a bar called Golden Challis, that's all I know, honest.”
“You’re quite helpful, and I appreciate it.” He nodded his thanks, “But that's not all of it, so I guess it’s on to plan B.”
“W-what? I told you all I know, where the hive is what else do you want?”
“Well, since you asked, I really can't let you walk or kill you right off.” I smirked and grabbed a fist full of his hair. “I heard if you cut off the head of a vampire the body will flounder but the head is still alive,” He began to pull away trying desperately to get away, “Shall we test this?” In a single swing, his head felt lighter and the body gone, slumped after a few seconds of nerve twitching, I looked at the head, who remained quiet, but in a split second, it gasped and the eyes began to look around. “Ah, glad you decided to join the living again.”
“You...you cut my head off, WITCH!” He screamed and looked to be trying to swing at me, only to grunt in realizing he was no more than a head.
“I am no witch, but I know your kind and the advantages of ways to half kill you.” I shrugged and placed the head on the tree stump near the hill that we were tussling on. “Now, you going to guide me to the hive, there isn't much left here for you anyways so might as well do it, either way you’re coming with me.”
“.... But...” He sighed, “Fine, I guess, if there really isn't much of a choice in the matter.”
“Glad you see it my way, once we get there, and then you’re getting a knife between your eyes.” He grimaced at the sharpness of my threat but remained quiet. I started walking out of the woods, after I placed his head in a knapsack and slung it over my shoulder. “Now, we're in Morrison town, New Jersey, hmm, hey head, what’s the best way to get to Hartford that doesn't include using a train or airplane?”
“My name isn't head it’s James.”
“Right Sir Reginald, what’s the best way?” I wasn't really going to remember his name, it was not really important to care about.
“It’s James! And to be honest I would say just go across NY borders towards Yorkers, and cross into CT at Greenwich.”
“I’m guessing that's how you got here?”
“.... Yeah,” He was silent after that, I pulled out my map of the US flipping to the NJ/NY state map, and looked at the highways and routes, tracing my finger up the closest one to the directions he gave, then using a red marker I had, I circled the area of my destination.
“You are now navy Sir Reginald, so best not sleep on me, it’s going to be a long walk.” There was an irritated groan and a slight muffled 'fine' that came from inside the bag. “Fantastic,” and so I walked starting the long five day trek to NY and two day walk into CT.



“Hey, if I can ask, why aren't we using a car? I mean we can always take 81 all the way through.” He asked from still inside the bag.
“...I don't know how to drive.”
“Oh” and that was the end of the conversation, I walked down the road, looking around the street names and heading to the highway, or rather the side roads, some through the woods. As it began to carry on and the night started to set in, I had to start my search for shelter, a hotel was out of the question...maybe some rutty cheap motel room is ok.
“You know there’s this really nice bar that has rooms in it that may work, I stayed there one night.”
“Thought you vamps don't sleep.”
“We don't, but it’s where I started my hunt...um.” He paused realizing his error.
“Yeah because that's a smart thing to say.” I rolled my eyes with annoyance.
“I’m only a head now, so what’s to lose, you know I don't know your name. Could it be possible to tell me?” His voice asked through the rough fabric of the sack he was still in.
“La Volpa.” He was quiet for a few moments then his voice started shaking.
“Y-you mean...the vampire hunter.... La Volpa?!”
“One and only.”
“No wonder you kicked my ass.”
“Indeed, anyways, what’s the bars name?”
“It’s...the Pond-Burner, on 8th street.”
“I’m surprised you’re so open and helping me out, though you are in a sack with no way out, so I do see a reason in that.” He didn't reply so I continued on, finding the bar, walking in and going to what I assumed to be the front desk, a man stood behind it typing at his computer, I cleared my throat and waited for him to acknowledge me, he finally looked up.
“Yes?” His voice has a very strong southern accent, and he spoke as if he didn't take his job seriously.
“Got any rooms available?” I gave the same voice; he gave me a once over then looked at his chart.
“One room, one bed, how many nights?”
“One, how much is it?”
“It will be fifty six dollars plus tax, so a total of sixty five dollars.” He typed a few things
“I'll take it” I went into my pouch and pulled out some money, then placing it on the counter as he slid me the room key. I took it with a nod and walked off to the room, marked 237, which was on the second floor. Walking into the room, I tossed the key onto the table, and placed my stuff down.
“Can I come out now?” The head asked.
“As long as you keep your mouth shut.”
“Why?”
“Because if you don't I will sow it shut, clear?” I began to unpack some of my maps, a few weapons, a journal, and a laptop, thankfully there was free Wi-Fi in the room, the head indeed remained quiet, as I started searching though some papers. Then online for a possible side job after dealing with the hive
“So are you really going to kill me after you deal with the hive?” He finally asked, I stopped mid type and leaned back in my chair.
“I haven’t fully thought through it, but if you prove to be useful then I don't see any reason not to keep you around, since you know the layouts of here to CT, and about the hives close to it.” I thought for a moment, “You say that the your coven leader is powerful yes?”
“Of course he is, he’s the Prince and he created us, so in a way he’s like out father, but there is the Sire who created all of the hive and coven leaders.” His head sat on the table facing me, but his eyes were closed, I raised an eyebrow and looked back at the computer, opening a new tab and started my research into this Sire, thing,
'Hmm, the parent- creator of a vampire...uses both male and female forms.'
“So there are how many sire's?”
“I believe there is only one set for each main house, thought there is only five Elders, who are the oldest of us all, more than 300 years old.”
“Interesting and your Prince, one that takes claim of a city, or town correct?”
“Yup, and they only have ruler-ship of us in that area, bust...I’m kind of a rogue because I left the Haven to drink on my own”
“How interesting, well then, it seems you will be quiet useful to me after all.”
“Thank you...I think, so, am I ever going to get any blood, since I'm only a head?”

~Alexandra~
“Alexandra, the blood moon has left the sky, it is time to see how well his powers are now.” I heard Fira’s voice from behind me. It is heartbreaking to have to put this test on him right now, but we have no choice. I nodded and started to run through the forest. It was nearly dawn and the moon set on the last night of the three-night period.
Fira and I had just finished our training, her abilities are all set, and her knowledge is full, though she will still need my help. She has been a werewolf all her life; she is now just discovering them. I found an old book that was from her father and read it in my spare time while my cousin was with a customer. It was his journal, he said that Fira powers were not awake at birth but her physic abilities blossom sooner than he had expected. He wanted her to live a normal life as a human until this day. Her father also left me a note, knowing it would be me to find her first. It read;
“Dear Alexandra,
My dearest niece, I know you have found this book if you are reading this. It also means Skyla and I have passed away. Fira needs you now more than ever. As you can guess she is just learning about who she truly is. Stay by her side and guide her with her new found powers. I know you are the only one who can do this. We place all of our faith into you. Once she is ready, give the journal to her. She will be able to decode the messages in my journal. There are some things that you are not even ready to know. Thank you so much for looking out for my little girl.
Love,
Your Uncle Barron”
My job was too important; I can’t let my uncle and aunt down. Now it was time to set forth our plan to start training Azrael. Then guide them to our future together as well as helping them find their new turn in their path, as Werewolves.
It was around midnight when it was time to put the plan into action. I watched him all day to see who his mental state was, on a scale from one to ten, he had to be a five. So not might work, but we had to try. Fira was working all day so she should be meeting me at the area that we have been training in for the past few days. Azrael has been sitting in the living room watching the news of the attack in Ayer, Mass. The guilt over it is why he still a low number. The clock above the television struck midnight, it is now or never. Jumping out of the tree I was hiding in, landing standing seven feet tall at the shoulders, on my hind legs, my fur is a copper brown, my eyes are moon white, with pitch black iris. He heard my landing and got up. He was looking out the window but could not see me beyond the tree line. His eyes need to be trained some more; I made a mental note to myself. He started to walk away; I needed him to come outside. I had to risk a howl. Fira is unsure how the people will react to howls here. The like I said before, it is all over the news and a person who was in an apartment building captured Azrael on his phone. Oh well, if someone calls it in, I will draw them away from it. I howled, softly. Though my soft is loud enough for five blocks to hear.

~Azrael~
A howl captured my attention after hearing a thud from outside in my back yard. It had to be the white werewolf. For once I am grateful it came to see me again. No longer afraid. I ran outside to greet the wolf, prepared with questions. When I got to the tree line, there was a werewolf standing on it hind legs. It was a different one than before. Its fur was brown and eyes are white and black. Before I could mutter a word it ran away. I followed, hoping it will give me some clue to where Scarlet is. Then I remember what Fira said, Not to leave the house. This was too important. She will forgive me. After a few minutes of running we appeared in a clearing. The werewolf was now in offense, it came after me, I ducked and dodged the rapid attacks from the front claws, punches, and kicks. In this form I could do nothing, I was a punching bag. I had to transform to save myself, but I had no clue how without losing control. I lost my footing as it slammed it paw into my chest sending flying into a nearby tree knocking it over. Before it could come after me more a voice, a familiar voice, called out to it. “Alexandra, that is enough.” It said walking out from hiding behind the trees. The white werewolf that turned me, walking on its hind legs, had to be eight feet tall. The werewolf stopped in mid-attack and backed away to the other werewolf. “It is good to see you again Azrael, we will be in touch.” It said turning away walking into the night. “You need much work, if you cannot transform due to fear you are no werewolf.” The one the white werewolf called Alexandra said. It is odd how she stayed and the one who turned me left. “Then teach me, help me understand.” I pleaded, and maybe if I get my new self under control, I will not be as afraid to go out and look for Scarlet. That or sink under my rage again and destroy another town. She laughed, “Oh there will be time for that later, but for now…” Before I could react she jumped at me attacking me once more. This time, a solid hook to my head, within seconds I blacked out.

It was morning when I woke up again. Still in the forest clearing. I was sore from last night, surprise attack. I need to see Fira. As I got up, I noticed this ground is all worn out and some other trees were broken. Those two werewolves must have fought here, that was my guess. An oak tree on the right was untouched though, I walked over to it curious. I tensed when I saw why this tree was not touched. In the side of the tree, a roughly craved out heart, my name and Scarlet’s name was crave inside. This clearing is near Fira’s house. I needed her right now, with my remaining energy I ran over there as fast as I could.

~Fira~
I could sense him before I could hear him running up the steps. Alexandra was sleeping in my mediation room as I mediated. Between my appointments, training, and personal care, I have been trying to locate where Scarlet is. Now I would have to wait more to find the nest, which they are holding her in. What is important right now, is me telling Azrael what I did to him a few days ago, I waited long enough and it was killing me inside. It was now or never. “Fira.” He said loud enough, but not yelling. He knew better than to yell in case I was with someone or just meditating. Alexandra woke up and groaned, “Does he have to be so loud?” She threw an extra pillow over her head to block out the sound, which did very little with her enhanced hearing. Azrael walked into the room, “Fira, I am sorry that I left the house, but the werewolves showed up last night and I needed to understand what is going on.” I got up, “First off let’s your wounds clean.” He looked into the mirror on the wall, now noticing all of his cuts and wounds mainly on his face and shoulders. “Alexandra, can you please get the medical kit from the bathroom please?” Her groan was louder and she threw the pillow over her head at me, which missed and hit Azrael, and gets up and walks out of the room. Azrael tensed up at the name, but asked no questions. I took him into the kitchen and took a cloth and ran it under warm water. “Who is that?” He finally asked. “That is my cousin. She is staying with me.” I replied not facing him yet. Wringing out the extra water from the cloth, I walked back over to the where he was sitting and started to clean the dirt and blood off of his body, the wounds need to be cleansed of all dirt and germs before they were wrapped. “Here,” came an unfriendly, tired voice. “Thank you Alexandra.” I said taking the medical kit from her hand. For a good half hour I was patching up Azrael in complete silence, except of his constant groaning and air sucking when the medicine stung or if I pulled a bandage to tight. Once I was done, cleaning his wounds and cleaning up the mess that I had made in the kitchen where I was tending to his wounds, I made some herbal regeneration soup. “Fira, are you ok? You have been very secretive lately and it also seems like you have been not getting enough sleep, plus you look like a mess.” His voice called out behind me, though to me it sounded like thousands of little bells. I had to tell him soon, it was only fair. The soup started to bubble and I ladled it into a bowl and gave it to Azrael. I sat down watching him eat the soup. It reminded me that I have not eaten at all today. I will eat tonight after my appointments, I told myself. After he was done eating, I took him into the mediation room and sat him down on a red pillow next to mine. “I have something very important to tell you Azrael. You are most likely not going to be happy with it.”

~Azrael~
Fira said she had something important to tell me, though as she said that her voice was shallow and soft. “On the night of the Blood Moon,” Whatever it was, she could not even make eye contact with me, it must have been hard for her to find out and keep it from me. It explains the secretive expression that is written all over her face. “The white werewolf that attacked you,” She paused as if the words were choking her, I placed my hand on her reassuring her that it will be ok. “That werewolf, it was me. I turned you into the beast you are now. I am so sorry.” I laughed softly, not believing her, “No way, you a werewolf. I could never see that. You are nothing like the werewolf that attacked me,” Her hand tensed underneath mine, I know she never lies, though the only truth behind the words she just spoke is her hair, it has always been white, it has looked similar. Then there is Alexandra, she shows up after all this is occurring. It had to be a bad joke, and the expression on my face told her what I was thinking, “This is no joke Azrael.” She got up almost upset that I do not believe her. She always speaks the truth; it is in her nature not to lie. Then right before my eyes, she transformed into the white werewolf that turned me, she was standing on all four legs. Her ears were flattened sadly head hung low. I opened my mouth to say something but all that came out was pointless stuttering and babbling. She, my closest friend, turned me into this beast. I remember she saying yesterday that it was her fault that all of this happened. I finally understand what she meant by that. Why did she not tell me until now? What is going on? The shock was too much for me to handle. The last thing I remember was a soft thud as my head hit the carpet and blacking out.
Opening my eyes sitting up, I was still in Fira’s mediation room. I started to laugh, “Damn Fira, your sessions with me never made me black out and have weird dreams before. A werewolf bit me, a white one, Scarlet was kidnaped by a vampire, I was attacked by another werewolf, and you told me that you are the white werewolf that bit me.” I looked up at her. My mouth dropped open, she was still in here werewolf form. When she saw me make eye contact with her, she turned back into her human form. Her eyes are no longer their bright blue selves, instead; they were indigo. “Pinch me, I must still be dreaming.” Then I felt a sharp pinch on my neck, and a yelp escaped my lips. Alexandra was dying of laughter now, “I didn’t even have to put much effort into that one.” Fira glared at her, making her stop, though her expression was combined with laughter and seriousness. “Alexandra, how would you feel if that was you?” I heard a sigh from behind me. “Azrael, I am so sorry, I had no clue that I was a werewolf. I just found out, I am a pureblood. My father and mother were both werewolves. It is true that my mother dying in a car crash, but those men who killed my father, they were demon slayers. Alexandra is my cousin and is also a pureblood werewolf. She is the one who attacked you last night. We needed to test were your abilities are at. I have been training hard to master my abilities to help you.” A silent guilt washed over her, I only had to guess that it was why she looked so horrible. “She is already aware of what is going on, and is proudly willing to help us. You need to master your powers before you go looking for Scarlet.” I opened my mouth to protest against that, every second she could be getting harassed, beaten, raped even, or worse, I could not even think about other options, but she was right, “Ok Fira, only on one condition though.” I could feel both sets of eyes watching me, “What is it Azrael?” Fira asked. “Once I master my abilities, and rescue Scarlet, you never keep a secret away from me again, and Scarlet as well.” I saw a smile cross her lips, “Very well.” A knock on the door, made us all jump. “Looks like my one thirty is here appointment is here.” Fira said getting up heading to get the door. Looks like question time is over for me, I will get more later.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.