The Void | Teen Ink

The Void

July 23, 2014
By Niftyness, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Niftyness, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Always find strength within the struggle.


Summary:

This is a short story written by Nman. A man gains consciousness on a strange island with armed guards watching him and other confused people around him. The island appears to also be surrounded by some kind of black water...


SgtNman1

The Void


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Aug. 15 2014 at 10:09 am
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 196 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King

I love books, and I love technology, but I don't want to see the latter overwhelm the former. I just think books are meant to be pages you turn, not screens you scroll through.

This was a pretty good read! I personally think that the narrator should've had more of a personality; he seems like his only purpose is to tell the story, and it would be interesting to know more about him. But that's really the story's only big flaw in my opinion (aside from occasional grammar issues, but those are typical of pretty much all writers); everything else was good! The pacing was good, the story was absorbing and mysterious, and the twist at the end was really cool! Overall, a very engaging read; again, it could have had a little more personality, but the eeriness and mystery surrounding the story definitely make up for that! Nice work!

on Aug. 13 2014 at 7:51 pm
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
27 articles 0 photos 425 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

Deliciously creepy!  I really like the story here, and the way you write makes it easy and enjoyable to read.  Some of the action (like the prisoner punching the guard in the jaw) felt a little slow, but the story itself was just the right pace.  The ending is great :)