secret sorcery | Teen Ink

secret sorcery

By puppies123lv, Plymouth, Massachusetts
puppies123lv, Plymouth, Massachusetts

this piece is based off of the show charmed i just thought of it differently.

Hi my name is june I am a witch. My favorite color is purple and my friend here’s name is may and I won't ever forget that year I met her. It was special. But here’s what happened to me 5 years ago. First I was in middle school but in the 7th grade the teachers at my school told me that I had the chance to go to high school even though I was not done with middle school yet. I have had a long journey and the day I started met may, she thought that I was a tour guide at first but I  reassured her that I was a student. 

“ Hey, are you the tour guide here,?” May asked.
¨No, I just started here,¨ I answered.
¨ Oh sorry I just started here too,¨ she responded 

while I was putting my books back into my bag,

¨ It's ok¨ she starts to walk off and then turns around.

“ I don´t think I got your name, ¨ she asked. 

¨ Oh yeah my name is june. Yours,?¨ 

¨ Um.. May, nice to meet you,¨ she says

¨ Nice to meet you too,”. 

Now before we continue with the story I want to tell you how may looks. She has brownish hair and she is stylish and she has blue eyes, pouty lips and glasses. Anyway…

¨ Well I should go find my dorm room¨ she blurts out. 

¨Same¨ I agree.

We both say goodbye and leave the library in opposite directions. 

this book goes to the present sometimes

Now what I want to tell you is that even though she did not seem like she knew where she was going or what she was doing, she did. 

Why can't I find my dorm? Oh maybe I can ask this lady. 

¨ Um excuse me, miss?¨ I say. 

¨ Yes?, what is it you need?¨ 

she asks. She is a tall woman who has a pantsuit on and has red lipstick and short white hair and looks like she owns everyone. 

¨ I can't find my dorm room. Can you help me?¨ I ask. 

¨ Yes of course. What number is your room?,¨ she responds. 

¨ Oh right… room 43,¨ I say. 

¨ Right this way.. What is your name?,¨ she asks

¨ It's june nice to meet you. I was still supposed to be in mi-,¨ she cuts me off. 

“I know. Here is your room….,¨ she says 

“Thank you,” I say as she's walking away.

I open the door and sitting there is may reading a book on her bed.

¨Hi… what are you doing here?,¨ I ask. 

¨ Oh I am waiting for my roommate,¨ she said.

¨ Well here I am!¨ I say. 

¨ Wait, you're my roommate,?¨ she asks questionably. 

¨ Yeah and you're mine,¨ I responded.

¨ Oh cool so i was thinking if we are going to be roommates we should decide whose bed is whose and how we are going to design the room,¨ she says fast.

¨ I will take this bed, and I will put my bed on the other side of the room,¨ I say demandingly.

¨ Ok that sounds perfect,¨ she says excitedly . 

¨ So let's get started!, ¨ I say. 

¨ Actually I can't help, I have to go to class before I am late,¨ she says. 

I am kinda sad that she can't help me but this is an opportunity to work on a spell that I just can't get right.

¨ Ok i'll just sit here and read a book or something,¨ I say , sounding a little mad. 

¨ Ok.. Bye,¨ she says. 

It was kinda awkward when she was getting her books together because i just sounded kinda mad and now it is REALLY awkward. May finally leaves and I can start to practice my spell.

An hour goes by and I don't even notice. I finally get the spell right and may walks in right as I finish the spell and I slam my book shut and put it in my bag. Slam! zipzzzzzip!

¨ What are you doing?¨ may asks.

¨ Nothing¨ I say suspiciously and fast.

¨ Right…..¨ may walked over to her bed and started to sketch.

¨ You uhh…. Like to sketch?¨ I ask. 

¨ Yeah it's kinda my hobby¨ she responds.

¨ Oh that's so cool…. Can I see some?¨ 

I almost saw some of her sketches but she closed her book too fast for me to see some of them. 

¨ NO, I don't like when other people look at my drawings. OK?¨ she says aggressively.

¨Ok I didn't mean it that way, do you want some ice cream?¨ I ask nicely.

I asked this because I wanted to distract her from what happened when she walked in and from just now. 

“ Sure,” she says in a tone. 

¨ Ok i will be right back¨ 

I walk out of the dorm and make sure no one is coming so I can make the ice cream appear in my hands. A glare of light comes and the ice cream appears. I start to walk back in and I hear stomps and a weird noise. I walk in and may is gone. I turn around to see if maybe she is outside the dorm. I turn back around and there is a flash of light and there appears to be is may.

¨ How.. How did you do that?! …. You just appeared out of thin air!¨ I say confused. 

She stood there still and was very nervous.¨ Umm.. I have to go¨ she says.

She walks by me and waves her hand and a light goes over my face and I can remember anything from what just happened. She had wiped my memory. May starts to walk off. 

¨ Wait where are you headed off to?¨ I ask. She turns around. 

¨ Some weird study group thing¨ she said that kinda weird. 

¨ Oh me too I wonder if we are in the same group?!¨ I say excitedly.

¨ I don't know, I guess we will have to see.¨ 

I think when she said this to me she did not want to be in the same study group as me. May and I both left the room at the same time but for some reason I got to the study group first. We all are in a group at first for people to say what book they picked. I guess me and may picked the same book because she put her book in my bag. I can see why she would do that because our bags look kinda similar. May came walking in and noticed me and tried to walk away but I saw her.

¨ Hey wait are you in this study group.¨ 

I still asked her like I didn't know because I wanted to be nice and ask. 

¨ it depends, is this group 4?¨ she asks. 

¨ Yeah… oh uhh yes, yes it is.¨ I say to her.

¨Oh ok. So yes this is my group¨ 

she starts to look through her bag but looks up concerned like she is missing something. 

¨ Right, I forgot my book. ¨

¨ Oh that's ok you put your book in my bag by accident and now it weighs a ton, umm.. Here.¨ I say nicely 

¨ Thanks june¨ she responds. 

¨ Anytime!¨ I say to her. 

The book we are reading is harry potter, it is huge and it is a very long book. 

“ Hey can I ask you a-” the bell rings.

“ Caught by the bell” I say. 

“ Right, I have to go to my next class.” she says in a hurry. 

“ What class is that?” I ask.

She turns around, “Um spanish”. 

“ Oh wow I have french, au revoir.” I say.

“ adios” she says leaving the room. 

I start walking out and then see her book. I might be able to catch her.

“ Wait you forgot your…… book” 

I guess I could not catch her. 

A few hours later me and may are in our dorm room doing our homework.

“ Ok so we never got to decide how our room would look other than the beds, any ideas?” I ask.

“ Hmmmm…. What if we had our beds on the opposite sides of the room and our desks and nightstands next to us with our beros in front of our beds and the tv in the middle?” she explains.

“ That sounds….. GREAT!” I say excitedly.

“ Well it is getting late. We should get some sleep and start to move things around tomorrow.” may suggests. 

“ I agree,” I say. 

While May is sleeping I go into her drawing journal and open up a page where she has witchcraft and spells and if I am a witch all over this book.

“ Oh my god, she is a witch,” I say! 

The next morning I wake up before May does.

“ Wake up sleepyhead. Get up, we have to go to class soon.” I tell her .

“ But class does not start until 8:30,” she says, still in bed. 

“ Yes, and it is 8:00,” I say to her.

“ Oh my god,” she says, “ How could I have slept this late?” 

I try to explain like it was my fault but it was not. 

“I don’t know, I am already ready, I woke up at 7:00, I tried to wake you but you wouldn't.”  I told her. 

“ you know what,? I can get ready so fast by the snap of my finger.” she says to me.

“ wait what?” I ask.

“ yeah and i know about you being a witch, and you most likely know about me being one too. I have noticed things about us that just don't add up.” 

Ok come back from the past and into the present. Haha you here? Ok good. At this point in time I was so confused. She was rambling so much about witches and powers and us two, and honestly I lost track of time and what she was saying, we were not going to be going to class anymore. Continue.

“ woah woah woah slow down, stop rambling.” 

I told her. She snaps her finger, SNAP, and she is all ready.

“So you know i am a witch?” I ask.  

“Yup, crazy i know.” she says to me.

Fast forward five years and know we are in the present. “ now can i talk?” may ask. “ no that is for the next book.