No Matter What | Teen Ink

No Matter What

By MarketCrash1929, Neverland, Other
MarketCrash1929, Neverland, Other

What is this? A crossover episode?

-Mr Peanutbutter

Tell me how you feel about this story! There won't be a part two because this is finished! :)

“I can’t believe mom told me to pick you up,” Rose muttered as she and Lily were walking to the forest path they usually took whenever she picked her up. “Like she couldn’t do it herself.” Rose was irritated and tired of having to take the responsibility of having to pick up her sister from school all the time. She just wanted to be home and play a couple of video games. Was it that difficult for her parents to pick Lily up?  Lily gasps. 

“Rosie, stop being like that!” Lily said. “I am sure she has reasons.” Rose rolls her eyes. Whatever, She thinks. It’s not like mom was busy today anyways. Rose sighs. 

“Don’t call me Rosie,” Rose said, in a firm tone. She hated being given the nickname Rosie. It wasn’t just Lily who called her that but her parents and it bugged her out a lot. The two sisters strolled through a path in the woods and kept going. There were the sounds of birds chirping and the sun was shining bright down on the two, but not entirely as the towering trees blocked it. Rose was too busy in her mind that she hadn’t realized that she was feeling a bit strange. As if she walked through something. She shook her head and blinked twice. Maybe I’m tired?  She thinks. She, then sighed again and continued strolling alongside Lily. She thought she would be hearing birds singing, but there was absolutely nothing. It was completely silent and it felt odd for her but she ignored it. 

“Hey, Rosie? Is it just me or are we going the wrong way?” Lily began, as she froze on her tracks and scanned around her surroundings. “I think we’re walking longer than we should be.” Rose turned back to look at Lily. 

“What do you mean by that? We’re going the right way,” She said. “I’m sure of it.” 

“No! Listen! Do you hear that? It’s too quiet,” Lily says. “We should have heard cars come by the nearest road by now!”  Rose mentally facepalmed and shrugged her shoulders. 

“So? We’re not there yet, let’s keep walking,” She insisted. Lily rolls her eyes. It only took ten minutes for Rose to realize that Lily was right. They both have been walking at the same path for a while now and the path should’ve ended twenty minutes ago. Something felt off and Rose was on the verge of panicking but she hid it so as to not show her sister that. It seemed like the two of them were going deeper and deeper in the forest.

“Okay, okay. Lily, you’re right,” She started. “Maybe we should head back.” 

“I told you so!” Lily cried. Rose frowned and groaned in frustration of her annoying sister. 

“Don’t, ‘I told you so,’ me! I-I just wasn’t sure, okay?” She snapped. “Let’s just head back.” Lily crossed her arms. 

“Okay.” Her little sister didn’t speak afterwards. As the two turned around, Rose’s eyes widened. The path they took was no longer a path but there were nothing but scattered leaves and twigs on the grounds and sand. What in the world?! Rose thinks in aghast. She has never seen anything like this before in her entire life. How was it possible that the path disappeared? It appeared as if everything was wiped out! Rose took a deep breath to calm herself down.

“Uh, Rosie..?” Lily began, “the path is gone.” Rose looks at her, her eyes still wide. She nods her head in slight agreement. 

“I guess so, anyways, let’s just keep walking, perhaps there’s a shortcut?” Rose replied, but her voice was tainted with uncertainty. Lily shrugs her shoulders. 

“Maybe.” Rose and Lily took their walking pace a little faster and found a house made of candy. Literally candy. What was this, Hansel or Gretel? No, but this was something different. It was rather a mansion-like structure of a house and it appeared as if someone wealthy lived in that building. 

“That looks delicious! Can we go in there, Rosie?! Please?!” Lily shrieked with sudden excitement. Rose gave her sister a weird look. 

“Are you serious right now, Lily? What if there was a child-eating witch in there? Have you not read Hansel and Gretel?” Rose reasoned. 

“What if there’s not a witch? Maybe a wizard owns this place!” Lily responded with enthusiasm as the little girl sprinted away from her and ran towards the house. Rose could not believe the audacity of her younger sister. IS SHE OUT OF HER MIND?! Rose screamed in her head. 

“Hey-Lily! Come back here! NOW! There are NO such things as witches or wizards!” Rose shouted. 

“Blah, blah-blah! You’re going to have to catch me if you can!” Lily exclaimed as she giggled. 

Rose was beginning to lose her temper and she ran after Lily. Rose found herself inside the candy-filled mansion and she saw her little sister in a particular room rummaging through uncanny stuff that was in there. Rose dashed over to Lily and panted as if she’s never ran before.

“You…!” Rose was about to scold Lily, but as soon as she saw the objects in the room, she couldn’t help but be horrified. The room that they were in looked like it was the witch’s lair. There was an overly large pot sitting at the center and there were wooden gingerbread tables with bleakers, test tubes with bizarre substances in them, and many more. “Lily, what the heck are you doing for crying out loud!”

“Well, the candy looks good and all, but what if there is a phone here somewhere?” Lily replied back as she kept throwing things around and looking for a nearby telephone. Rose couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She thought her sister was dumb enough to come in here for candy, but to find a telephone? Rose sighed. 

“Alright, well, I don’t see any phone here, so maybe we should get going before someone finds us here,” Rose said, growing agitated. Suddenly, a loud voice rang in the air causing the two girls to flinch. 

“YOU LITTLE BRATS!” A shrieky voice of a woman bellowed. “HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY POTIONS?!” Rose instantly spun around on her hills and was astonished at the sight she was seeing. There in front of them was a short, chubby, long-nosed woman wearing a black witch hat with small strands of black hair which looked incredibly dry and a black dress. Holy crap! That’s a witch!  Rose thinks.

“No, look here, we weren’t trying to steal your potions, w-we were looking for a telephone,” Rose started with a sassy attitude. “And don’t go assuming things off the bat!” 

“Rosie! You should start talking to people more kindly!” Lily scolded her older sister. Rose flashed a glare at her. 

“What! This is outrageous! There is no such thing as a tele-phony baloney, whatever you just said! How dare you LIE to my face?!” The witch hissed as she flashed a death glare at them. “As punishment, I will curse you two until you learn your lessons!”

“We’re sorry, miss, we really are!” Lily said. 

“Wait, please let us talk this through, things don’t have to be like-” Rose quickly paused as soon as she saw the witch pull at her twig-like wand. Before she knew it, the witch muttered a few words that were in a different language and in the blink of an eye, Rose found herself no longer standing. She felt shorter and she felt like she was on all fours. She glanced over to what was supposed to be Lily, was instead  a grey wolf pup. Rose jolted backwards in shock with widened eyes and when she looked at herself she saw grey-coloured paws in front of her. She was no longer human. The witch turned them into wolves!

“Rosie, I feel a bit funny,” yelped Lily, “and itchy.” The little wolf pup sat down and scratched herself with her hind leg. 

“GET OUT OF HERE YOU ANIMALS!” The witch hollered at the two. “AND DON’T COME BACK UNTIL YOU BEHAVE YOURSELVES.” Rose growled at the witch and since she was a much larger wolf than Lily was, she grabbed Lily by the scruff of her neck and ran off and back into the forest. Surprisingly, to Rose, she can run super fast. She has never ran like this in her entire life, and since she was a wolf, it was so much different for her. As soon as Rose thought she was out of the line-of-sight from the witch, she set Lily down onto the ground and sighed. Her head was lowered and she stared at the ground. Millions of thoughts raced through her mind like a storm and she couldn’t think properly. Rose was very furious, but at the same time she was afraid and on the verge of crying. 

“I-I can’t believe it, we’re now freaking wolves,” Rose whispered. 

“Will we ever be humans again?” Lily asks, aloud. “Are we going to be wolves forever?” Rose bared her teeth and growled at Lily. 

“Why’re you asking me THAT? I don’t know! That hag told us to come back whenever we’re ‘behaved’ but I don’t think that’s the case!” Rose retorted. Lily whimpered and her ears flopped down. “How are we going to get back home if we look like this?!” 

“I’m sorry,” Lily mumbled. 

“Ugh, whatever!” Rose scoffed. The sisters trotted down the path and from a distance found what appeared to be a town not so far away. Rose’s ears perked up in hope. Could it be a neighborhood?!  Maybe they can get help! After all, they were both talking wolves, so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

“Lily, look!” Rose cried out. “Houses!” Lily peered up. 

“Oh…” 

“Let’s go!” Rose darted away and headed towards the town. 

“Wait for me!” Lily cried out. 

“Well, hurry!” As soon as the two arrived, Rose noticed a difference about this neighborhood she thought it was. The entire area looked like it was taken from colonial times where she’s seen in fiction historical movies. And not to mention, when she saw people, they too were dressed in colonial wear. Are we in the 1700s? Rose ponders. No way! That’s crazy… We couldn't have possibly time-travelled?  The two sisters made their way to the town closely and walked around. If Rose and Lily were humans, it would have been easier to talk to someone nearby, but since they were both wolves, Rose had a gut feeling that the people were going to be startled by their sudden appearances at the town and she didn’t want to scare anyone. 

“Hey,” Lily began. “Let’s ask that lady who sells vegetables over there!” Rose glanced over to where there was a vegetable stand and a young woman who was working there. She then turned to her sister. 

“Are you crazy?” She hissed. 

“No. But we’re going to have to talk to someone eventually,” Lily replied. Out of nowhere, a sound of a woman screamed and a couple of more people, following along with more startled noises. This gave Rose quite a scare as she was alarmed. 

“A WOLF!! THERE’S WOLVES!!!” screamed a man. Lily whimpered in trepidation  and Rose self-consciously  got in defensive mode. 

“Wait! We’re not here to hurt anyone!” Rose barked. “My sister Lily and I are lost and we need help going back home. I know you must all be afraid, but we used to be humans!” There were gasps and whispers of doubt that rang in the air. Suddenly, three men armed with pitchforks came out from a small building and pointed it at the two. There were a few crowds of people standing from a far distance giving frightened looks to the two wolves. 

“Humans? Such nonsense,” said a person from the crowd.

“What if they’re lying?” 

“It’s obviously a mother with her pup!” said one. 

“Excuse me?!” Rose growled. “Y'all think I’m lying?!” A few people flinched back at her loud bark. 

“Ummm, Rosie?” Lily whispers. “Those people with the pitchforks look mad.” 

“Shut up, Lily!” Rose hissed and then looked at the people. “I swear I’m not lying and if you think I’m going to hurt anybody, I’m not because I’m not like that.” 

“Shut up you dog!” boomed a man with a pitchfork causing Rose and Lily to flinch. “We had wolves that attacked our sheep in the pastures and we will not fall for your deceits you’re feeding us with!” This made Rose get outrageously mad. She hadn’t realized that she was snarling at them and there was a side of her that wanted to tear these people’s limbs off, but another side of her was trying to keep her human side. What is wrong with me? She thinks. Is this part of the curse that the stupid witch put on me?  If she stayed as a wolf much longer will she have the mindset as one? The thought of it made her shiver. 

“Get the wolf pup!” exclaimed one person. As if everything happened fast, a human man ran towards Lily, carrying a net as if to snatch her. Rose’s eyes widened and she reacted by rushing towards the man and biting his arm with her sharp teeth. The man let out a cry of agony and the people who were watching from the background screamed. People were now running around, and there were men shouting. Rose bit down until she tasted metallic blood in her mouth and she immediately let go of the man and picked up Lily by her scruff. As soon as she whipped her head back she saw the three men approaching her with their pitchforks. 

“Rosie, we should leave right NOW!” Lily screeched. Rose then whipped around and ran at a very fast pace to the other direction of the town with Lily and she ignored people’s shouts and the swearing she heard from the three men. Rose did not know how long she'd been running but she managed to slow down her pace a bit and she grew exhausted and stopped and set down Lily.  Rose grimaced at the taste of the man’s blood she had in her mouth from earlier and spat it out. She wished she had mouthwash to rinse it away. 

“Rosie, why did you bite that man?” Lily questioned. Is she seriously asking me that? Rose thinks and rolls her eyes. 

“He was going to take you away with that net,” She answered, sternly. “You should really pay attention to your surroundings.” Lily frowns. 

“But earlier what you said to those people that you wouldn’t hurt anyone,” Lily pointed out. 

Rose groaned in frustration. “I said that because I didn’t want to make it seem like we’re the enemy. Plus, biting that man… it j-just happened. Anyways, you should be thanking me for saving you almost from him.” 

“Oh, okay. Well thanks. So what now? Those people weren’t very friendly,” Lily says. Rose sighed. She had no idea of what to do next. Instead, she remained silent, lowered her head and started to stroll away. 

“Rosie?” 

“Be quiet, Lily. I don’t feel like talking right now,” Rose whispered. Lily whimpered and sighed as she followed behind Rose. The sun was still shining bright as if it was the afternoon. How long until night falls? Why did it feel to Rose that they were here in this century for their entire lives? Rose kept her mouth shut the entire time, not even talking to Lily. The two were strolling in the woods and were continuing to walk further and deeper. Rose was beginning to feel hungry and she was in a sudden mood for a cheeseburger with fries. 

“Rosie, I’m hungry,” whined Lily.  

“Don’t you think I’m hungry too?” Rose muttered. “Also, why do you keep calling me Rosie? Can you stop that?” 

“No,” Lily hissed in response. Rose was about to say something when a  sound of rustling leaves drew attention to her. She looked up, trying to figure out where the source of the noise was coming from. “What’s wrong with calling you Rosie?” Rose ignored Lily and sniffed around. 

“Rosie-” 

“Shush! Did you hear that?” Rose said. 

“Huh?” Lily cocked her head in confusion. The noise grew louder and this time it sounded like the crunching of leaves and twigs. 

“Hello?! Is there anyone there?!” Rose exclaimed. She honestly felt dumb for shouting, for what could it have been? A person? An animal? There was a large tree that was blocking the way of seeing what or who was behind it. Then what appeared to be a human boy came out from there, and Rose saw that he had  dark short hair and bronze-coloured skin. The boy seemed to be the same age as Rose and was dressed in native clothing. The boy was also carrying a spear. He glanced at their direction and got frightened a bit. Suddenly, Lily approached the boy causing Rose to get agitated. 

“Lily!” She whispers. “Don’t come any closer to him!” 

“What if he can help us get back home?” Lily asks. 

“No, what if he KILLS us before we could?” Rose counters. As if Lily was ignoring her, Lily slowly walked a bit closer and stopped. The boy who was looking tense calmed a bit when it was just the wolf pup near him. Rose was growing anxious and her mind was racing with worried thoughts. She stood a few feet apart so she could keep her distance away from the armed boy. 

“Excuse me, my big sister and I need help going home. We used to be people,” Lily told the boy. “Can you help us, please?” The boy, as if he understood what she said, nodded his head. 

“Sure. My tribe can help,” He responded, the tone of his voice was soft. He knelt down and gently pet the wolf pup. Wait, just like that? Rose thinks. Will his people help us? I mean,  what if they try to kill us like the last town that we’ve encountered?  Lily turned around to face Rose and gave her a toothy grin. 

“Rosie! He agreed to help!” She beamed. Without saying anything in response, Rose strolled over towards the two. The boy raised his hand out and Rose bumped her snout against it allowing the boy to pet her. 

“Come along now,” The boy says as he leads the way. Rose, for once, was feeling happy and she couldn’t wait to get home! The boy took them to a village where there were huts that were made out of wood and straw and some out of grass. It wasn’t a particularly large village, although there were a lot of people whom Rose assumes that they’re family. The boy led them to one hut where there was a woman in there, and two younger children. The woman saw the boy, and then the two sisters and was surprised. She began scolding the boy in a foreign language that Rose never heard before. The boy spoke back to the woman in the same exact language. Rose assumed that she was his mother. The woman responded with a sigh and then said something again. Rose wished she could understand what they were saying. The boy  then turned to the two sisters. 

“You two must be hungry?” 

“Yes!” Lily exclaimed as she jumped around in excitement. 

“Yeah, of course,” Rose replied sheepishly. The boy nodded and walked outside the hut to grab something. She sat down and received a strange look from the boy’s mother as if she was uncertain if she should trust Rose. Rose sighed and glanced over to where she saw Lily playing with the two younger children and allowing them to pet her. Rose felt uncomfortable. She didn’t like the idea of being petted by people, making them think she was actually a wolf and being treated as if she was a housepet. For crying out loud, she was a person too! Plus, she was a talking wolf. Was this a normal thing that people come across here nowadays? In boredom, Rose laid down until the boy came back. He was carrying bowls that had food in them and he set one in front of Rose and another next to her for Lily to come over and eat. Rose sat up and sniffed her bowl. Her stomach was growling in hunger and she dug in her bowl, not caring what was put in it or whatever it was that she was eating. Oddly enough, the food tasted good. 

“Yummy!” Lily yelped out as she ate. Rose rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. 

“How was the food?” The boy asked.

“It was very good,” Rose replied. The boy smiled.

“Good!” 

“Yeah, uh, so, do you know anyone who can help us turn back into people?” The question was so sudden to the boy and his mother. The boy’s mother said something in her language and left the hut. Rose was confused as to why. 

“We have a village witch,” The boy said. “My mother will bring her here.” Another witch?! Boy, Rose sure hoped that this witch could help them turn back into humans again. “Oh! I forgot to give you my name. I am Dakota.”

“Dakota… Cool name,” Rose complimented. 

“Thank you.” 

“Hey, Rosie! Can we stay here? I made two new friends!” Lily cried out, laughing as she was playing with Dakota’s younger siblings. If Rose could facepalm, she would but since she had paws, she couldn’t. 

“No, Lily,” She responded firmly. 

“Rose and Lily are your names?” Dakota asks. Rose nods her head in response. Before Dakota could respond, his mother, and an short, elderely woman came into the hut. As they approached Rose and Lily, the elderly woman sighed and started talking to Dakota’s mother and then to Dakota himself.

“What is it?” Rose asked. “What did she say?” 

“The witch wants you to come outside with your sister,” Dakota responds. For what? Rose thinks. 

“Uh, sure? Come on Lily.” The sisters followed the witch outside the hut and Dakota followed along also. The witch leaned in and said something to Dakota and Dakota started speaking loudly, drawing the attention of the villagers nearby. Rose and Lily sat down and waited to hear what the witch had to say. Why were they gathering the people? Rose was absolutely perplexed. She had no idea what was going on whatsoever. Sooner or later more people came and the village witch cleared her throat and started speaking. Dakota interpreted most of what the witch was saying. Rose could not believe her ears when she heard that the witch decided not to turn them into humans but to keep them as pets and could be useful for helping them hunt. 

“Should we keep these unique  wolves as our fellow companions? Or let them go as people?”  It was as if Rose’s world was spinning around her. She was growing panicky. This is NOT what she had in mind for help. The witch kept saying things of how this village could be their home. The villagers cried out in joy and agreement for the sisters to stay with them. 

“Rose, you are home.” Dakota’s voice was trailing off and everything seemed to go in distortion. Rose felt like she was losing her mind. 

“Oh! Rosie! They want to keep us here!” Lily cried out in fear. “Rosie? I want to go home and be a person again. Rosie…?” Then Rose snapped back to reality. I’m not staying here. What’s the point if they’re not going to help us turn back to humans?! 

“I CAN’T!” Rose shouted, causing the villagers to jolt back in trepidation. “Lily, we’re getting the heck out of here!! NOW!” Rose and Lily started to dart away from the villagers. 

“No! Wait! Come back! Please!” Dakota came running after them. Rose heard the witch yelling a few words and the villagers came running at them as if they were protesting for them to come back. Rose ran as fast as she could and so did her sister. They kept running and running until they saw a nearby woods and ran through it and kept going until they came to a point where they felt they were out of the villagers’ line-of-sight. Rose stopped and panted in exhaustion and so did Lily. 

“D-Did we lose them?” Lily gasped.

“I t-think so,” Rose answered. 

“R-Rosie! Look over t-there!” Lily exclaimed. Rose turned her head to where Lily was facing and saw a cave. “Can we g-go in there?” 

“No freaking way!” Rose said. “What if there’s a bear in there?” 

“Let’s see.” The two sisters made their way towards the cave. Rose took in a deep breath and shouted at the cave to see if anything that was in there would wake up and come out. The sisters waited for a few minutes or so before going in and apparently there was nothing in there at all. 

“I guess we’ll stay here for the night,” Rose says as she glanced up at the sky which the sun was beginning to set. 

“Okay..” 

Rose entered the cave and laid down. She was very upset with everything that had occurred today. The day felt very long for her and she was glad it ended. If only this was a dream, she gladly would awake and find herself in her bedroom. But to her, this felt like a nightmare. Perhaps it is a dream…. That I can never awake from. 

“Um, Rosie?” Lily began as she sat down in front of her. “How come you’ve been acting so quiet lately?” 

“What?”

“Well, you have not been talking to me much and it gets boring, also you have been acting weird,” Lily explained. 

“How am I acting weird, huh? And I don’t feel like talking to you because…Ugh! This was all of your FAULT.” 

“What? How?!” Lily retorts. 

“If you didn’t go inside that witch’s crusty candy mansion and get us turned into wolves, then perhaps we would have it easier for people to help us!” Rose spat in rage as she flashed daggers at her sister. 

“I was only trying to help!” yelled Lily. “I said I was trying to find a phone! I didn’t know the witch would turn us into animals!”

“Shut up! Just shut up! Stop talking to me! I want to be alone,” Rose cried as she rested her head on the ground and shut her eyes. 

“I hate you, Rosie! A lot! I hate you so much! You’re always so mean to me and you’re… you’re the worst big sister ever!” Lily shouted. Rose could hear the pain in Lily’s voice, but she ignored it. 

“I HATE it when you call me Rosie!” Rose snarled without opening her eyes. “Just be quiet already.” 

“I wish you weren’t my sister,” Lily whispered in anger and then Rose heard her walk away. Rose can hear Lily whimpering softly and soon it faded away when she went into deep sleep. Rose had a dream that she was home with her parents and that she was in her bedroom playing video games and binge-reading books that she’s read before. It felt all real to the moment until she heard Lily’s voice over her dreams. 

“Rosie? Rosie?” There were soft, but faint whispers. “I heard something from outside. It sounded like a person.” With her eyes still closed, Rose groaned. 

“Go away, Lily. Just go to sleep.” 

“No! The voices sounded close,” Lily said, whimpering softly. Rose did not respond to Lily and heard nothing but silence that filled the air. 

“Dad, why can’t mom go and pick up Lily anymore?” Rose asked her father one day at the kitchen where he was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 

“Well, your mother is busy and she has no time to do it but you? It’s your responsibility to get your little sister,” Rose’s dad answered. Rose crossed her arms. 

“What about you, dad?” Rose questioned. 

“Me? I’m at work most of the time, you should know that,” Her dad replied. Rose groaned. 

“Seriously? Why do I always have to be the one to take care of her? You guys are never around!” Rose retorted. 

“Hey, hey. Watch your tone there, Rosie. You’re fourteen years old for crying out loud! And Lily is only ten! What’s so bad about taking care of your own sister?” Her dad said in a stern voice. Rose rolled her eyes. 

“Well, Lily is obviously very annoying and she gets on my nerves all the time! I can’t stand her at all! To be honest, I wish she was never born! Why can’t it just be me? Why can’t I have peace in this house? Lily is always doing things that make me so mad! I hate her!” Rose ranted in anger. 

“Rose.” Her dad’s voice grew serious and she can hear the anger he put in his tone. Whenever her father was mad he wouldn’t call her ‘Rosie’.  “You better watch your mouth. I know Lily can be annoying most of the time, but she is still so much younger than you. And should you be thankful that you have her around when your mother and I are not there.” 

“Sorry, dad.” He did have a point there. But what can stop Lily from being annoying? 

“It’s alright, just don’t say that again next time. Try to better your relationship with Lily, and even though it may be frustrating at times, you should always love your sister and take care of her no matter what,” Her dad reasoned. “As an older sibling, and as I said previously before, it’s your responsibility.” 

No matter what. 

No matter what.

Rose’s eyes opened and her head rose up from the ground. She saw that it was still dark out and she sighed. “Lily?” There was no response. She looked around the cave and couldn’t see anything. “Lily?!” She quickly got up from where she was lying and stood on all fours. She grew into panic mode and fear. Where could she have gone to? Rose exited out of the cave and started to shout. 

“Lily! Oh Lily! Where are you?! LILY!” Rose slowly trotted away, calling Lily’s name. She then heard a yelp coming from a wolf pup. “LILY!!” Rose instantly ran to the direction where the noise was coming from and she stopped when she saw a bunch of people wearing colonial clothing carrying rifles and pitchforks. One human was holding Lily by the tail and she was hanging upside down. 

“LILY!” Rose barked, drawing attention to the humans. 

“Rose!!” Lily cried. “Help me!” 

Rose approached the humans slowly in defensive mode. 

“Don’t come near us, beast!” One human cried. “Or we’ll harm the pup!”

“Just shoot the wolf already, won’t ya?” spat another. 

“No! Stop!” Rose exclaimed in trepidation. Out of nowhere, an arrow came and struck one of the humans, causing alert and panic to the colonial people. 

“Gee willikers! It’s the natives!” shouted one human. More arrows flew and hit one of the humans that were holding Lily, causing them to drop her. 

“Lily!” Rose called out. 

“Rose!” Lily yelped as she ran after Rose. Once they reunited, Rose told Lily that they should run away since the entire area was becoming a battlefield. The two sisters ran away for their lives, but there was a small, slight noise which ticked off from a distance which Rose heard. BANG. BANG. BANG. Before Rose knew it, she was tumbling over to the ground. It was as if everything had happened so quick and fast. Rose didn’t know what was going on, but all she heard was Lily’s scream.

“ROSE!!!” 

Rose, who was now lying on the ground, looked up at Lily who came running over towards her. 

“Rosie! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!” Lily cried out. Rose breathed deeply. 

“Y-Yes-” Rose hesitated. “I’m alright.” No, she wasn’t alright. She couldn’t even stand up for crying out loud! If she moved, the pain would get worse. Rose was hurting intensity and she winced in agony and whimpered. 

“What was that loud noise I heard?! Please get up, Rose!” Lily nudged her sister. “Rose? What’s wrong? Rosie! Please get up! We gotta go before those people come again!” She nudged Rose again. Rose can feel herself bleeding out and Lily noticed. 

“Rosie…? You’re hurt!” She cried out. 

“Yeah, yeah. I know… Look, Lily,” Rose began. “I’m really sorry about everything… I-I was wrong. None of this was your fault, you know? I…. It was all my fault. And you were right.. I was the worst sister. I’m sorry I’ve been so mean to you.” 

“No!!!” Lily yelped, and began to whimper. Rose saw the tears flowing out of Lily’s face, not the face of Lily as a wolf, but she saw the human Lily. Rose sadly smiled at Lily. 

“Lily, I’ll always love you no matter what,” She said. It was true. Rose cared for her sister a lot, hence why she protected her at most times and in the end she found her sister at the grasps of those humans. “Don’t ever forget that.” 

“Rose-” Rose cut Lily off.

“You can call me Rosie,” Rose said weakly. 

“Rosie! Please don’t go! I’m sorry myself too! I don’t hate you!! I don’t!” Lily sobbed. 

“It’s fine, Lily.” 

“No, it’s not!” Lily nudged Rose. “I want to make it up to you! But please stand up! You can’t leave me!!” Then out of nowhere, there rang a familiar voice in the air. It was Dakota’s. 

“Lily? Rose?!” Dakota ran over towards the two. 

“D-Dakota… take care of Lily for me please…” Rose whispered. 

“Oh, Rose..” Dakota came closer and examined Rose’s wounds. 

“No! I won’t leave you!” Lily cried. Rose took a deep breath and felt extremely weak. She could hear her sister crying and Dakota trying to calm her down but she can hear him crying too. Rose wasn’t expecting this to happen so suddenly. She thought she would be able to grow up, get to high school, college and graduate and get a job and find someone to love and have a happy life. But to think all of that would never happen made Rose sad and she was even more upset that her sister had to see her this way. As a tear rolled down her face, she no longer could see Lily or Dakota’s faces, but darkness.

MarketCrash1929, Neverland, Other

What is this? A crossover episode?

-Mr Peanutbutter

@SparrowSun Oki and thx! And yes if Rose didn't die, then she and Dakota would've ended up together.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

you need to get your tenses straight
sweet story! if she hadn't died would she and dakota have ended up together?