Objective:survive | Teen Ink

Objective:survive

October 28, 2021
By Anonymous

This is the story of what my life was in the apocalypse. Or what I thought was an apocalypse, but I'll talk about that later. But for now let's go back to day 1. I was on the bus going to school like every other day talking to my best friend John. We both like similar things and like to talk to each other about it. He is very funny. 

“Did you see the Latest episode of Joe's odd academia?” He said “Yeah it was so cool!”.We continued to talk until we were at the halfway point.at that point the bus just stopped and we could hear the driver yell at the top of his lounge “OH MY LORD WHAT IN EARTH IS THAT THING” 

i looked out the window and saw a bunch of green things coming this way. It then struck me that they weren't any green things they were ZOMBIES. Then all of a sudden everyone got up and tried to rush down the aisle. All I could hear was screaming as people were running to get out the door. Me and John both got trampled trying to get to the emergency exit. For some reason it felt like almost nothing, but i don't know if that's because of all the adrenaline pumping through my vein at the moment but it still felt weird after me and john got out of the bus we picked up the emergency fire ax so we could protect ourselves and decided she would try to make it to his parents house to see if there ok. After walking for what seemed like an eternity there was no one there. All that was there was a note from his parents saying that they loved him and that they were sorry.after that we saw 2 familiar people outside who were zombies.after cheering him up we agreed to try to get out of town but when we got to the border it was like there was a invisible wall holding us back, it was strange but i guess we could spend the night in my grandparents ww2 secure bunker. After getting through hordes of zombies we made it to the bunker. Inside was dusty old furniture and canned food. I looked at the food and we dodged a bullet because they said it was best by 1997. Well, we still have food in our lunch box to survive on until we are ready to salvage what's left of the convenience store.

”jake?” said John,I responded with “yeah?” “Do you think we can make it out of this?” “probably” “goodnight jake” “goodnight”

“How are the test subjects doing?” “They have been put into the simulation room  successfully! They don't suspect a thing.We might need to keep them in there for another 10 days though.” “That's good. Maybe after the training they could fight for the right cause.” “I hope so”.


Day 2. Today I went scavenging for food, unfortunately some zombies beat me to the store so I had to turn back, then I thought why don't I raid some fridges around my neighborhood? And that's exactly what I did. I eventually found my house, so I went in it like all the other houses and  I found my dog Bixby hopping around and happy to see me :). He probably slept under my bed.after a fun reunion i got the food and supplies and went to go back to the base  where john was, but when i got back no one was here, i dropped off Rupert at the base and went to look for him.i gave him a walkie talkie in case anyone needed help so i tried to contact him with that. All I could hear was motors in the back. I immediately interpreted that he was at the car dealership and when I got there he was hiding behind some tires. I ran over to him and hid with him. 

“Why did you leave the fort?” i said “ i thought i could get spare parts to make things with. I didn't think there would be zombies here already” after that it seemed like a zombie heard us and we had no choice but to fight them. I tried to hold them off while John got the parts. And that's what we did.i did a whack here and a whack there until john gave the signal.  I ran to him and we ran out the back door, after that we ran straight to the base(tripping a little of course) but we got there safely.  

After that we went to the food supply. 

“Hey john?”i said “yeah?”he said “what are you going to build with the scrap anyway?” he replied with “ it's a secret!”. After that we went to bed  and fell asleep.

“How are the test subjects doing?” “They have been put into the simulation room  successfully! They don't suspect a thing.We might need to keep them in there for another 10 days though.” “That's good. Maybe after the training they could fight for the right cause.” “I hope so”.


Day 2. Today I went scavenging for food, unfortunately some zombies beat me to the store so I had to turn back, then I thought why don't I raid some fridges around my neighborhood? And that's exactly what I did. I eventually found my house, so I went in it like all the other houses and  I found my dog Bixby hopping around and happy to see me :). He probably slept under my bed.after a fun reunion i got the food and supplies and went to go back to the base  where john was, but when i got back no one was here, i dropped off Rupert at the base and went to look for him.i gave him a walkie talkie in case anyone needed help so i tried to contact him with that. All I could hear was motors in the back. I immediately interpreted that he was at the car dealership and when I got there he was hiding behind some tires. I ran over to him and hid with him. 

“Why did you leave the fort?” i said “ i thought i could get spare parts to make things with. I didn't think there would be zombies here already” after that it seemed like a zombie heard us and we had no choice but to fight them. I tried to hold them off while John got the parts. And that's what we did.i did a whack here and a whack there until john gave the signal.  I ran to him and we ran out the back door, after that we ran straight to the base(tripping a little of course) but we got there safely.  

After that we went to the food supply. 

“Hey john?”i said “yeah?”he said “what are you going to build with the scrap anyway?” he replied with “ it's a secret!”. After that we went to bed  and fell asleep.



Day 3: Today I woke up  today very early to get a good chance to go to the store and it was unusually dark, so I figured the generator needed to restart. So I walked over to the generator and checked it out. The generator looked fine, maybe it just stuttered. Soon enough the power came back on and I woke up John for another expedition to the store. We got our weapons and supplies and we headed out. It was unusually quiet as well. When we got to the store, for a quarter of a second I saw a black box appear near the cinema. It's probably just my imagination. Once we got in we found out where all the zombies went, they went to the blood donor building. I don't know why until I saw that it wasn't just zombies there, it was some sort of gateway. It looked as if it was infinite. And it probably was. I wasn't really surprised at this point. I saw so many crazy things at this point. When I pointed this out to John he was very curious. 

“Where do you think it goes?” i said “Don't know” he said “we can check it out later. But for now let's get our stuff”. We found a lot of cool things like a PlayBox 64 with some games. That can stop us from going insane with immense boredom. We found some food and a few bats for defense. After we were done we tried to check out the werd gateway, we even brought some ribs to distract the zombies, but when we got there it was gone. We thought it might only appear at certain times so we went back home to head to the bunker after we swore we would come back. We played some bizarre bill adventures and watched some joes  odd academia and I can't figure out how this is running in a zombie apocalypse for the life of me. We both played with Bixby and went to sleep.

Today we went back into the mall again and we saw the gate again. This time we were prepared. We woke up at around 4 am today just so we can get to the door. We put bixby on a leash and got all our stuff and we went to the mall. When we got there we could see the silver void gate at the blood donor center. We both mustered up the courage to enter the doorframe and went inside. After we went in I immediately regretted it, we were both being hurled around like a pair of bey blades in a big tunnel of flashing lights. After we were done we both felt like we were going to throw up. Even bixby was whimpering with his paws over his eyes. After we were able to stand we found ourselves in a weird room with tons of machinery. It looked abandoned. After walking around we found a computer that looked like it was still on. When we booted up the monitor we saw there was a weird video on it. “What do you think it is?” Said john

“We wont know til we see it right?” We clicked the video and it looked like there was an entire war or something going on in the background. “If you are seeing this, that means the site 309 has been compromised. An emergency alert has been broadcasted and are trying to lead all test subjects out of simulation rooms. If anyone sees this there is an escape hatch at the bottom of this desktop. Good luck.” After hearing it we were both kind of shook. It didn't help when we heard footsteps coming from another room. We both ran into the escape hatch without eve thinking and ran for it.

When we found the other side of the escape hatch we were greeted by a huge room that looks like it came straight out of star wars. There were lots of strange men walking around and they didn't look like they would like to talk to a bunch of 15 year old boys and a dog. That's when John pulled out a big hunk of metal. “What the heck is that?” I said with surprise. “Our ticket out of here” he said “i made this from the scrap metal we found. When i was abou to ask what it did he pressed a video and it started folding into a big  umbrella looking device. “It was originally made so we could hide from zombies. Watch this!” he pressed another button and a weird holographic veil surrounded us. “It's a cloaking device!” We started walking towards the big door when I noticed that Bixby's large tail was poking out. And when one of those men seemed to take notice we RAN. After a minute or 2 a loud siren went off and we ditched the umbrella. We ran straight towards the door and made it right before it closed. We ran to the side of the building and tried to hide. It looked like there were tons of lights going everywhere to try and find us. “I guess they don't like visitors” I said and John said “You think?”. After a minute of resting we heard voices from around the corner. I looked around to where we could go and noticed there was a ladder next to us. Right there and then I decided that the best way to go is UP. After we got up it looked like it was a helicopter pad or something and I noticed that there were guards up there too. I really didn't think far enough because we were kinda trapped down there. Then all of a sudden Bixby jumped from a vent and started making chaos. We took this opportunity to hijack one of the helicopters and that's exactly what we did. I mounted one of the canons on the side and started shooting things randomly. I don't know if I hit anything but I do know ONE thing I hit. The gas container. When Bixby jumped into the helicopter we took off immediately. And you know how action movies always have a hero standing near an explosion? Well that happened to us and it was pretty cool. And that's the story of how we escaped the complex. We were able to find a nice village and started living there. I don't know why i'm still writing about this but i got a cool empty book as a gift and decided I should probably document this. So if you think things are impossible you might be in for a whiled journey.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.