Rising Sun (Chapter 2) | Teen Ink

Rising Sun (Chapter 2)

By Ayden127, Manly, Iowa
Ayden127, Manly, Iowa

"Do or do not, There is no try"
"There are no mistakes."

See Chapter One.

Second Chapter. Third will be released in the near future when it's done.

Chapter 2

Press on

The sand suddenly caves in, and I go with it. When I'm midair, I turn just in time to see the last of… whatever… THAT was. With his anguished face looking straight at me. I then fell a little longer, And hit the ground.

“God da-” I say

I feel a sudden rush to the brain. I try moving my arms, and they lift for a second and drop. I then move my legs, and I breathe a sigh of relief, because I thought that paralyzed me. I try to stand, and I get about half way up until the pain is so much that I collapse down on one knee. I then push through, and stand. I then take a step, and another

“Sh##, this sand isn’t strong enou-” 

The sand collapses under me, causing a chasm to open up. I quickly grab onto a rock, and hold on for dear life.

“Where are you? You may not hide from #$#$%.” Someone very distant yet very close said.

Why does that keep happening?

“WHO ARE YOU?” I scream, hoping for a answer

“There you are…”

I'm immediately lifted into the air, and moved at what seems to be the speed of light. My head is rushing, and feels as if I'm in two places at once. Everything turns white for a hair over a millisecond, and then I realize I'm back on the surface. My arms suddenly feel… numb. 

“...What the… AHH-”

The sand has punctured all the way through my arms, and now they’re holding on by a thread. The sand starts rapping around my legs, slowly blocking circulation off

“STOP IT. THAT HURTS D-” 

I'm immediately cut off by sand puncturing my chest. It’s as if I'm in a crucifixion in the 1600s, But instead it's sand and I'm NOT DYING.

“You. Will. Die. This will be very painful.”

He pulls out the biggest sword I have ever seen in my life, almost as if this is some sort of fan fiction movie overhaul, and then proceeds to slowly bring it down.

“Submit. To. The. Sun.”

The sword immediately comes down, and I close my eyes… Relief. I don’t have to suffer anymore. Everything is pure white, and i think i'm in heaven, in happiness, i open my eyes with a smile

“AGHHH” he screams

“How am i alive?”

Damnit! NOW DIE”

He brings the sword down another time, and it stops about 3 feet from my face. I wince, and the sword goes from a dark, Crimson black, to having white and red cracks the size of my arms on each side. The sword then dissipates into ash and a beautiful yet devastating explosion of white, yellow, red, orange and a sudden beam of black punctures the sky, just at the right angle where it’s pointing straight at the sun.

“Oh god, not again” I mutter

The beam turns a bright orange. Suddenly, I see a large yellow and golden rift with white at the ends rip into thin air, and it emits a sound wave strong enough to shatter bullet-proof glass.

It also produces a sound wave strong enough to knock me on my back and almost tear the little bit of flesh keeping my arms connected to my body. Everything goes white, and I feel a sense of relaxation and relief. Then, everything is normal. I mean EVERYTHING.

I'm sitting at the desk in the corner of the room, like how it was before. Everything was there that was before. I look down at myself, and realize all the cuts, scars, breaks and anything else that happened is gone.

I raise my hand "Can I use the restroom?" 

"That's fine, Calvin." The teacher says

Calvin? Calvin? I'm so out of it right now, I forgot my NAME? Calvin Silver. My name. Calvin Jack Silver. My full name. I head the way to the restroom. I walk in, and shut the door and lock it. I took a look in the mirror after a little hesitation, after all, the last time I looked I was different… thing. 

“Come. Meet me” I hear in my head

Reality shifts like it did before, this time being pure white instead of black.

“What in the hollywood…” I say

“Hello, Calvin.” a voice says

I turn around, and I see an Angel the size of a four-story building.

“Welcome” The ‘Angel’ says

“What the HELL, are YOU?”

“DO NOT SPEAK OF HELL” He yells

He then slams his foot and causes a rupture into the clouds below us, causing a sudden burst of lightning splits the lower sky below us, and I can just about see the ground.

“I have saved YOU. I DO NOT DO THIS TO EVERYONE.” He says angrily

I shoot my hands up, realize my position, and fall on my knees

“Let me… retry?” I say

“Fine.” he says 

“Who are you?”

“Why must you concern yourself with the names of the angels and devils?” he asks

“You have a name, don't you? I figured that anybody of religious beliefs would have something to go by.”

“We’ll, you’d be disappointed. Humans and animals have no need to concern themselves with learning the names of the gods. And I believe YOU are the former.” he says, as clear as I've ever heard. 

“I Have no name” he exclaims

“What?” I say

“I have no name, but I am known by one thing. One thing only.” He says

He sounds almost sad, like he just said something that has been a burden for years.

“So, why DON’T you have a name?” I ask

“The Eternal said it had no purpose. I am the first in this world and probably the last. An endless being has no reason for a name”

“So, What are you ‘known’ by then?” I say.

“Nothing important” he says

“You’re not known by anything? Not a name or anything? Okay, then how do those who know about you think of you?” I say

“They call me the First. And those of the lower call me the Guardian. The lower being your kind who has seen me. And trust me, There are little who have seen me with their eyes. You will be the 4th, Calvin. And the second to ever have a conversation with me or an Angel.

"What was that anyway?" I ask

"You mean who? That was Mammon, Lucifer's son. I brought you here for one reason. In everybody's eyes, you have killed him. He is dead because of you." He says

"HE'S DEAD?" I say

"Yes. Angel's and Devil's die everyday. It's just not everyday that a human would kill a high standing demon. And especially not Lucifer's son." He Answers

"I thought you killed… sent him back to hell?" I say

"Do NOT mention that place in this heavenly place. I will NOT tolerate that." He says

"But no. Wait. SO HOW DID YOU KILL HIM?" He says

"I… uh… don't know."

" WHAT DO YOU-" He answers

He looked furious and confused at the same time. I was beginning to think I was making him pretty angry with me.

"I have tried for six years to kill Mammon. And finally when he's dead. Finally after you have found him. He is killed by someone who does not understand how he killed him? Is that what you're telling me?" He says angrily

"Okay. Hold up." I say "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY LIFE HAS BEEN FOR WHAT HAS BEEN THE LAST CENTURY. TWENTY MINUTES AGO, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW MY NAME." I yell back

"Okay" he says "What happened during the dispute." He says

"He put sand throughout my body. Gave me multiple amputations, and pulled a sword out on me and swung it down. Some sort of barrier came out of thin air and stopped it." I say.

"The rest I know." He says

We take the next 10 minutes to contemplate

what has happened. I think about if he knows what has been happening to me this entire time.

"Can… uh… I meet g-" I'm cut off

"No" he says

"I don't see why not. After all, I just killed a powerful demon." I say

"You wanna meet God. Gotta die. That's how it is. All though, you could meet Lucifer!" He says

A beam of black light tears the beautiful white and gold sky of heaven and makes a rift between

"Close the portal." I say

"As you wish" he says

The rift disappears and the beam slowly lowers back down to what is probably hell.  I think to myself a minute of what actually might’ve happened if he sent me there.

"So, how far did that go down?" I ask

"Far enough." He Answers

This First Angel is starting to get on my nerves. But, I hold my temper to myself, scared that he might send me somewhere I don't want to be.

"Hey. So, is there a reason you brought me down here other than the death of mo- Lucifer's son?" I say

"Just say his name-, nevermind. That's not important. What IS important, is that you don't touch the surface for a couple of years." He says

"The demons don't know that you killed Mammon. Lucifer Himself thinks it is me who killed him. I don't care if he thinks it's me, but if he has even one thought that it's you, he will attack the entirety of the human race. For now, and the next 4 years you will stay in heaven. No exceptions." He says

"Quick question." I say 

"how do you know it was me who killed him?" I ask

"I can sense that you're the only one with enough power to defeat him. Especially, because no single being has ever seen that sword. No single angel has ever witnessed it." He says

"So, what about those…" I stutter

"What do you mean?" He says

"What about the things happening recently? Why has that been happening?" I ask

" What exactly are you talking about? Was this a dre-" he's cut off

"No. This was all real. This felt like it happened." I say

"What exactly happened, Calvin?" He says

"I was sitting in the classroom. And all of a sudden everybody in the room gathered by the window. The room flashed red, and everybody immediately… died. They had burns all over their body and their eyes were blood red. I took the last person by the hand-" I'm cut off

"Who was this 'person'?" He asks

"He was… I… don't know?" I respond 

He all the sudden shrinks to the size of a natural human. He then…

"Is this who you dragged along?" He asks

“Yes, that is,” i stop

“This man has been dead for 3 years, calvin.” he says

He then turns back into his original for

“That's, you know, surprising and all, but here's the question I have for you. Can you read-”im cut off

“Your mind?” he says “Partially. I can only read thoughts through emotional or traumatic experiences. Though, I don't know what you mean by what has happened before.” he says

I think really hard about the experiences I had earlier

“Try now” I say

I think back to the start of the ‘incident’ and how it affects me and this other man. I remember the others screaming and wailing and the first to go holding his finger to his stomach.

“I cannot see this for some reason. This is odd. I can tell it’s traumatic, but I cannot see.” He says 

The memories flood like open seawater entering a ship with a giant hole in the hull. I’m immediately brought back into the experience

“No, I DON’T W-!”

Im brought back into the white prison… Heaven…

“What just…” he says

He steps back, just far enough for me to see that he is right next to me.

"What the…" I say

My legs drop, head bobs up just barely enough to see the angel, and I worry this might be the last I see of him.

“They’re all dead aren’t they?”

“He’s not paralyzed.”

“I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY LIFE HAS BEEN-”

I’m further remembering my recent past experiences as if they were memories that were stuck in my head for years.

‘It’s been fun, but I believe it’s time to… end the show.’ 

“Submit. To. The. Sun.”

‘WHO IN THE WORLD IS GIVING ME THESE THOUGHTS?’

My entire vision is gone, I only see black. I have my thoughts, and I can still feel my body. I am completely still, no movement whatsoever. I move my hands to my face and wipe the sweat I can see from the stress of what just happened. 

“I… Where… Whatever. I'm tired.” I say to myself

I feel my eyes close, and I sigh. This is the first time in a while I have been able to relax and be calm. I feel myself dozing off…

‘Let’s… go back a bit, shall we?’ 

All of a sudden I feel as if I'm falling. I open my eyes, and it’s black still. I’m gaining speed by the second, and all of the sudden my body is visible. Everything is black still, but my body is visible. I look left, Black. I look right, Black. 

‘Now, lights on.’

The blackness breaks, and  the sky cracks into view. The sun is a bright yellow, and is right in vision, as it was. The falling acceleration isn’t moving, so I know there is something in my way from hitting the ground and dying. I look down, and i'm right over that exact same town I was in before

‘Go. Now.’ 

‘Find who you are. Truly.’

‘Only then, can you realize what your past truly is.’

My head feels dizzy, like that feeling before I went to heaven. I try to scream, but It’s too loud for anyone, including me, to hear.

‘Good. Luck.’