Decoded: Origins | Teen Ink

Decoded: Origins

By ADHD-Etcetera, Kansas City, Missouri
ADHD-Etcetera, Kansas City, Missouri

In the year 2120, a great race far from our reach lived ahead of our current technological advancements. That race was the Zodians, from the Planet Zodion. Their great Ruler knew as "The Warped One". They fought their way to power, they saw the world as "flawed" and that "it needed correcting". They divided the planet, into 18 main Factions, and 6 sub-divisions.

Those who were fortunate and wealthy were praised like Kings. Others were treated as no more than filth. One night, the divisions planned to start a rebellion, they brought together their greatest blacksmiths to forge magical weapons, seemingly blessed by Gods. The Gauntlets of Lightning, Rings of Light, Mask of Flame, Cutlass of Shadow, and The Staff of Conception.

Once their Ruler got word of this, they smiled and said, " They court defiance? Let us play their game. Bring me all of their Blacksmiths, to make chains, so that I may bind them of their will.", and so they went. "Chains of godly power, and wicked strength, very good," they said. "Unfortunately, I will no longer need your services. Decapitate them." 
Soon after, the news of the death got to the blacksmith's families and war ensued. 85 years of rage-driven bloodlust, never before had such primal instincts consumed a world like one as this. It seemed like there was no end to the death and destruction. Then, The divisions formed a plan.

They ended the war in a way that would chart history, a meteor. They would send a rocket and implant the weapons into the God-Sized stone, to send them far away. They would need all the weapons for this plan to work, including The Warped One's Chains of Wither. Once they were retrieved the war could finally come to rest. Ethanol, the Leader of the Rebellion snuck into The Warped One's chambers to steal them. He was successful, but the chains drained him of his life force. In honor of his memory, they send the weapons along with a metal that they dubbed "Ethanolium". The planet soon fell apart after the war, and fell into ruin, Zodion was now an empty wasteland.

One year after the meteor was infused with the weapons, a young man was born in the year 2205. As he grew up the meteor crawled closer to its destination. He was an odd young man, and this young lad's name was... WAKE UP!

As he wakes up from his dream, Tyler Rai Crone hears his mother's voice. "TY, WAKE UP!" she exclaims. In his half-sleep state, he manages to let out a moan sounding like
"idonwunna". His mother folds her arms as she states "What kinda kid isn't excited to wake up on their birthday?" "A tired one, mom. Plus I'm 14 now, NOT a kid." He stated with pride. "Come on, it is 2 in the afternoon." She pressed. "Alvin and Janet are downstairs waiting to come and celebrate with you." Her face was covered with concern. "FIIIIIIINNNE...", Tyler grunted.

Tyler was tall and ebony, with a slightly threatening stare, but he was mostly harmless. He was a fairly thin boy. Though don't let his muscle mass or lack thereof fool you, he can hold his own just fine. 
"Hey, dude," Alvin said. "Wassup Alvin. Hey Janet." Alvin Tyson Monroe and Janet Merlyn Harper were the only people who knew him best. "Hey Typo, sleep well?" she joked. "We're not in Pre-K anymore, Jany," Tyler said with a voice full of sarcasm and angst. They met over a decade ago, and all of them attended the same preschool. Soon after, they quickly became fast friends.

"Come on Tyler, let's go.", Janet urges. "Yeah, man," Alvin added. Even though Tyler wanted to stay at the house and play video games, he knew his friends were taking time out of their day just for him. "Well, I guess it would suck if you guys just left without me." He said. "Then, LET'S GO!", Janet yelled. "There's gonna be an awesome meteor shower tonight."
You may very well know where this story may go. Though, you do not have all the details. It may seem like a happy tale, but it gets much darker. We haven't even met all of our starring cast yet.

"You know I had a really weird dream last night." They all said in unison. "Um, did you guys dream out an alien race collapsing as well?" Tyler asked. "Yeah, that's weird isn't it?" Alvin said. "Guess that means we are all best friends huh?" Janet stated, still kinda on edge about it. "No need to worry about it now, let's go meet up with Natalie and Brice," she added. Tyler didn't even know he had a crush on Natalie, though he didn't even acknowledge it, with all honesty she didn't know him; to Tyler's knowledge, that is. But soon, everything was going to change.

"So where are we meeting again?" Tyler asked. 
"To the Forest dude, there's a HUGE clearing. It's the best place to see the meteor shower." Alvin stated. "Who knows maybe we'll even find a space rock," Janet said. "Hey!" said two voices.

The voices were those of Natalie Luz Berns and Brice Erebus Graham. 
Brice wore rectangular glasses; he wore a green jacket with a Brown scarf and Blue jeans with Black boots. 
Tyler wore a Black sleeveless jacket with a Cyan long-sleeved shirt underneath; along with Gray cargo pants Black running shoes and black fingerless gloves.

Alvin wore a Dark-Blue hoodie with a Red undershirt and sporting Blue jean shorts with Gray sneakers. 
Janet was wearing a purple shirt with a star on it under Blue overalls and wearing Brown boots. Natalie was wearing a pink t-shirt with Light-Blue skinny jeans; a White jacket covering her waste and Pink shoes.

"Hey, guys sorry we're late," Janet said. Tyler bent over to Janet's ear a whispered: "Ok so, I know you said she would be here but, I'm still a little nervous." "You'll be fine, just try not to lose your cool and be yourself," Janet whispered walking away. "WHAT KINDA HALF-BAKED ADVICE IS THAT!?" he shouted out.

Slowly he and Alvin made their way to the rest of the group. "Happy Birthday, Tyler!" Natalie said enthusiastically. "Yeah, thanks." He responded. "Janet has told me a lot about you," she said teasingly. "Oh did she now...." he said. He turned to Janet, looking at her with a half-sinister smile. " You're doing great!" Janet mouthed. "I'm going to kill you." He mouthed back "Sup, Graham." He said with no response.

They spent hours talking just outside the forest, and soon sunset came. Then they walked about an hour to the clearing where it was already dark. "Well, guess we weren't the only ones who knew about this spot." There were 19 other people in that clearing that day. Tyler climbed a tree to get a better view as the sky began to brighten with light. The meteor shower had started. The show had made a plethora of striking colors. Cyan, Red, Purple, Green, Pink, Orange, Lime, Blue, Black, Yellow, Magenta, White, Silver, Gold, Rust, Seaweed Green, Lavender, Indigo, Aqua, Violet, Rosé, Mint, Ash, and Umber. Then out of nowhere dark clouds cover the sight. "Well that sucks, it wasn't supposed to rain tonight." Out of the shadow of fluff came 24 bright lights all different colors. "What the heck is that?" Alvin asked. Then a flash of Black and White, and Tyler woke up in his bed.

Tyler screamed and gasped for air. "What the" "Tyler, what's wrong?" His mother cried out from downstairs. "Uh, nothing! I just had a really weird dream." Tyler sat up, trying to remember how he got to his bed. All he could recollect was just before he fell from the tree.

"The meteor shower, I was hit with some of it. Wait what about the others? Were they hit?" He could've sworn he saw something else. "Was I also hit with Lightning?" He touched his chest, the left to be precise. As soon as he did so, two identical Cyan gauntlets forged themselves around his forearms. "What in the Heck!?"

He slapped the same place, and the gauntlets disappeared. "I gotta call Alvin." As the phone rings, Tyler notices that the battery percentage is going up. Only, he didn't remember plugging it up at all last night.

"Hello?" "Hey Alvin, do you remember anything from last night?" "Uh, no I don't think... Hold on I think I saw Fire before waking up in my bed this morning." He said scratching his chest. As soon as he did, he saw a mask form on his face. "Why the heck am I wearing a mask?" Alvin worried.

Tyler thought he had a vague idea of what happened that night. "I'll call Janet and see if she can get Natalie and Brice to come." Alvin at this point still freaking out asked: "Why where are we going?" "We gotta figure out why we suddenly have weird armor pieces and stuff," Tyler said partially talking to himself. "Wait a minute Tyler, don't hang u-"

"Oops....."

After calling everyone, Tyler, Alvin, Janet, Natalie, and Brice all met in the clearing.

"So, why are we here again?" asked Natalie. "We are here because we all woke up in our beds without recollection of doing so," Brice said. "Huh, so he talks," Tyler stated with sarcasm.

Tyler later explains his and Alvin's experiences and shows the group what they did. "So just touch a spot that you feel should have a wound on it, it normally itches." They all did so, then all except Janet and Brice formed something on their bodies. Janet had a sudden urge to stretch out her hand, and in doing so a large purple staff came to her call. Soon, Brice tried it out a cutlass answered him.

As they complicated why they can do these things, Tyler had the urge to move. Unannounced to him he equips his gauntlets, dodges something, and then slices it with what seems to be blades made of lightning. As he swiftly lands on his feet, he notices everyone looking like they all just came in contact with a spark plug. " Oh shoot, I got powers!" Tyler said, like a geek. "Aw, come on man," Alvin said with envy.

Soon after, Natalie is blinded by what seems to be her hands. She could produce light, but she didn't know what triggered it. Not yet, anyway. After, seeing this everyone tried to see if they had powers. Everyone except Brice had disappeared, no literally he just vanished in shadows. "Look I what found," Brice said. Brice had dragged a person wearing a hi-tech uniform and mask. "G.R.I.D.? You're the one who shot at me, aren't you?" Tyler interrogated. The masked individual said nothing. "There are more of you aren't there?" Tyler said. 

The agent stood up and punches Brice in the stomach. They began their escape, just when Tyler started chasing, he realized he was in front of the individual already. He runs toward them, and kicks them in their gut, knocking them to the floor. He takes their mask off, revealing them to be a young woman. He is then injected with a sedative, given by the lady. Feeling his body begins shutting down, he runs toward Janet as fast as he can go. 

Though he wasn't fast enough, she is then hit with a dart and falls to the floor. Tyler looks around, seeing that all his friends are being dragged by people in the same uniform as the young lady he left earlier. He falls to the floor, but before blacking out he hears a voice. "Round them up, We're taking them to Location 05-ETC. We'll conduct further examination there."

Tyler wakes up in bed not knowing how he got there, again. 
"Great, I been abducted. A white room, that's original. Gee gosh how will I ever escape?" Tyler equips his gauntlets and punches through the bullet-proof glass using his newfound super speed. "Good to know, I have slightly tougher skin, I guess."
Once he does, he notices the room he is in is puny compared to the vast seemingly underground facility he is in.

"Now I know, where my mom's taxes went." He said. "So are you just gonna stand there, or are you gonna push that emergency button you're holding miss?" He said spinning around on one foot to face a lady wearing a lab coat. "I mean no harm, I just-" " Wait a minute, aren't you the same girl I had pinned to a tree?" Tyler questioned. "Plus, 'No Harm' you stabbed me with a syringe, sedated me, and had me locked in a small white room, we both know you're full of it, Miss Emily Shaw."

He stares at her with bright glowing Cyan eyes. Miss Shaw tries and fails to push her emergency button, Tyler snatches it out of her hand a crushes it. "Fascinating," Shaw says. Tyler bursts off to begin looking for his friends. He accidentally creates a wealthy amount of Lightning, overloading the servers, security systems, and equipment in the facility to shut down. Causing a full-scale reboot.

Tyler quickly found his friends, along with other things. Like, experiments on humanoid beings. "STAND DOWN, WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!" "Natalie, I'm pretty sure you can produce light through your hands. So use them to help us escape." Tyler then whispers to Natalie "Strike your hands against the floor." Once she did, a flash of light flooded the room, like a flash grenade. "Hey Alvin, you got anything that can get us out of here? You said you saw fire right?" Tyler asked.

"Uh, hold on." "ALVIN WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO 'HOLD ON!!!" Tyler yelled. "WILL YOU GIVE ME A MINUTE!?" As Alvin yelled a Fire blasted from his mouth, hands, and feet. His eyes became charcoal black, and his iris, bright red. "Now we're talking! Janet, see if you can call that staff to see if it does anything. Brice, I need you to do recon, and make sure we don't get followed. Natalie, you go with him, if you get caught fall back. Alvin, blast us an exit." Tyler demanded with authority.

As they all went to do their tasks, Tyler ran around looking for the head of the facility. He soon found their office. "Ms. Monroe?" No one knew what Alvin's mother did, so this came as a HUGE surprise to Tyler. "You called an attack to drag us to..... where ever this place is located." As she stood up from her chair, she stared at Tyler and said one thing. "Is my baby okay?" Ms. Monroe said with tears in her eyes. "Yeah, he's fine, melting the walls to escape. Why did you kidnap us!?"

As she adjusted herself and sat back down in her chair she said. "We received readings of abnormal activity, stemming from the meteor shower. We got word that there were civilians with the same or similar spikes in said activity. We are under direct orders to detain and capture all personnel involved. Oddly, you guys are the only ones we've 'captured' so far."

As Tyler takes everything in, He immediately thinks about others having powers. He knew that they weren't going to be able to contain all of them. "What if we helped?" Tyler said. Ms. Monroe sat there thinking after a while she finally spoke up. "Of course, if we recruit super-powered individuals, we have a better chance of completing orders." Not long after, Tyler heard his friends call for him, from quite a bit away. "Sorry Ms. M, but I gotta go." He said as he darts off. Tyler discusses everything with his friends, and they all stood there in shock. "Wait, Alvin's mom is running this place!?" "Yeah, and we gotta help her find others like us." Then, the G.R.I.D. agents surrounded our team of heroes. Tyler and his friends were preparing for a fight before, Ms. Monroe came out of her office. "Stand down, these teens are now official G.R.I.D. agents! The authorization has come straight from the President! This is now, Operation Singularity!"

"As G.R.I.D. agents you are now under my orders. The higher-ups have seen your ability to work as a team. They notice that one of you, was able to lead your team through the end." said General Monroe as she turned toward Tyler. 
"Tyler Rai Crone, You have been given the role of leader, state your codename!" She stared at him with fire in her eyes.

" My codename is 'Glitch'." Ms. Monroe walked around the room, asking the team for code names. "Glitch (Tyler), Encrypted Flame (Alvin), Trojan Mage (Janet), Incognito (Brice), and Code Surfer (Natalie). Here is your mission: find other people involved in 'The Singularity. If possible, recruit them. Only use force if the situation requires it."

As they walked over the armory they saw suits specially designed with everyone's power's in mind.

For Tyler, it's a Gray and Purple lightweight combat suit, with Carbonated Tungsten and Mangalloy black chest plate and leg guards, sporting a green utility belt, and shoulder pad. It also has 6 tiny blue ports encased in bullet-proof glass. These are used to store the excess lightning he produces. The helmet is topless letting his hair flow freely, black and gray with emerald green lenses that react to and copy his eye movements. He can equip his gauntlets over the suit. He has the greek letter Ξ engraved on his chest plate.

Alvin's suit consists of a charcoal gray chest plate, red boots with detachable soles, a golden shoulder pad, and gauntlets. The jumpsuit is more or less the same as Tyler's, with red and orange on it along with fingerless gloves. This suit also has a golden utility belt, with his arms exposed. He has the greek letter Ω engraved on his chest plate.

Janet's suit is skin-tight, it is a gorgeous deep shade of purple with golden ascents. A golden crescent moon with a violet lens resides atop her eye. A golden veil flows over her shoulders with a giant amethyst crystal on her right shoulder and thin titanium/gold alloy plating. She has the greek letter Θ on her chest.

Natalie's suit is also skin-tight mainly a cloudy white with bright pink highlights. The mask is white with blue lenses. 12% carbonated steel plating. A blue shoulder pad and pink wristbands. Down towards her waist is a skirt with a pink underside and a blue stripe going throughout the body. She has the greek letter Ψ on her chest.

Brice's suit is a sleeveless forest green trench coat, with a Kevlar and cotton blend. This extends down to his waist. His face is covered with a vast dark brown scarf, it also hides a hood underneath. His pants are a dark shade of purple, with golden boots. He has the greek letter Π on his chest.

"We look awesome!" Tyler said. "Heck yeah, we do!" Alvin added. "You sure these suits weren't tailored to fit some old guy's fetishes?" Janet asked. "I mean they are a tight fit," Natalie responded. "I think we look pretty poggers." Brice joked. "NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN." They all said. 

After many months of intense training, our heroes were finally ready for their first mission. Tyler had trained his body in Panther, Monkey, Mantis, and Viper styles of Shaolin Kung Fu along with Muay Thai. Alvin studied most forms of Judo and boxing. Natalie and Janet trained in Taekwondo and Karate. Brice underwent heavy Ninjutsu training.

Luckily, their first mission was on its way, and fast! " Special Ops," said General Monroe. The team looked up toward the scaffolding. "You will be dispatched from the air. The individual can summon incests to their call." She said. "Eww, BUGS!?" Natalie questioned. "Your mission is to make sure the individual is not causing trouble. Stay in the shadows, only engage when necessary" She ordered. "Glitch, bring your team home safely." She said. "Yes, Ma'am," Tyler said confidently.

Our heroes made their way to the plane hangar. "Wow, it's been almost an entire year," Tyler said. "Yeah." They said. Everyone was nervous, though they had trained their bodies and minds for this. They've never been out in the field until now. "We'll be arriving at the drop point in 2 minutes. Stay clear of the back of the plane." said the pilot. The cool breeze of midnight seawater filled the back of the plane. "Good luck, I presume you won't need parachutes." So it begins, the first mission for our heroes.

Tyler could feel the wind in his hair as it dropped from the sky. He knew his objective, but he didn't know his opponent. Soon after landing, Tyler's 'Instinctual Mind' switched on. They landed in an old warehouse, with an ominous lime glow coming from the center of a crater. "I don't get it, why do potential villains always go here?" Tyler thought. They remained in shadow, using sign language to communicate. Soon they heard loud running and panting. The sound of distant police sirens wailed under the midnight moon.

"Ugh, finally I thought the cops WOULD NEVER get off my back!" said a voice carrying a bag of jewels. "My Babies, I'M HOME!!!!". They said revealing to be a young woman with hair shortened to her neck. Soon 4 disfigured humanoid insects crept from the depths of the hole. 
As she fed the priceless crystals and rocks to the creature, Natalie tried to cover her mouth to reframe from puking, but she slips. Tyler rushes in to catch her, but the damage has been done.

The lady turned around, looking up towards the pipes and ceiling. As the team prepares to leave she says one word. "Swarm." "shoot." Tyler thought, as the insect-like being sprouted wings and whizzed past them with brutal force. " Oh god, I'm gonna hrrg-" Natalie didn't finish her sentence before losing her lunch and falling. "I got you, just breath" Tyler said. "Okay," she gasped. "FORMATION ALPHA!" he yelled. They all formed in a triangular shape, Janet and Alvin took to the sky, to bombard the lady. Brice went down the hole to investigate the glow while Natalie and Tyler attacked her insects directly.

"Code Surfer Use some UV  to blind them!" Glitch said. Glitch leaped forward slicing the insects in halves until their numbers were zero. They contain the lady holding her in cuffs made by Trojan Mage. "We're good up here. Incognito, what's your status?" Glitch asked. Incognito walking down the hole he couldn't hear Glitch, green slime lined the walls, blocking the signal. As the lime glow entered Incognito's eyes, he froze. He walked through a chamber of the same humanoid beings, all in cryo-chambers, fast asleep.

There was a timer, showing only '12:03:07' left. He tried to call into the comms, but he couldn't get through. He shadowed the rest of the team. "What did you find?" Glitch asked. Incognito with his face shrouded in fear said, "Nothing good, there's more of them down there, different types, 3 more to be precise. Also, a big timer that says when they're done cooking." "How long do we have?" Glitch questioned. "We won't even make it through the day." They made it back to base with the suspect.

"Her name is Holly Davids, calls herself Entomolia. She used to study and run tests on insects for the military, in the hope of using them as weapons. She started experimenting on herself with genes from different members of the Insecta and Arachnida respectively, but they didn't do anything. Until she was seen later this year at the crash site where 'The Singularity' happened." General Monroe explained.

"So she controls bugs?" Alvin asked. "Yeah Alvin, weird, freaky, humanoid bugs," Tyler said. "Eww..." Natalie said as she gagged. "Still doesn't explain what those things are," Brice said. She turned to the group and said: "Good point, as far as my source knows, they're said to be aliens." The room stood there in shock, all except Tyler who was ecstatic. "Yes, I knew it! Pay up." Tyler said. Alvin slaps two 20-dollar bills into Tyler's hand. "Thank you~," He said in a sing-songy tone.

Our group went over to interrogate 'Entomolia'. They tried for hours to get her to tell them how to stop the timer. "For the last time, HOW DO WE STOP THE TIMER!?" Tyler yelled. She laughed "There isn't any." She stated. "What do you mean?" Janet asked. " After using insect DNA and combining it into my cells. He told me, to continue my research." "Who's 'he'?" Tyler asked. She laughs.

Crazed laughter quickly turned into screaming. "She's crazy, it's no use. Close the Door." Tyler said. As the door closed Natalie looked over her, to see the deranged woman change.
She started scratching and pulling away at her flesh and scalp. Revealing antennae underneath, along with a Toe-Biter's head.  "Wait, she has an" Entomolia bursts out of her confinement, spouting black infectious wings.

She began spitting acid and chewing at the ceiling, making her escape. "What the heck is this, THE FLY!?" Janet yells. "What just happened!?" Tyler asked. Alvin walks up to Tyler asking for his money back. Tyler yells telling him, "Did you not just see what the heck happened!? Now is NOT the time for bets!" Natalie couldn't help but feel guilty, she knew if she didn't fear insects, they would have never been caught. "Hey, it's ok," Tyler said. "We'll win this, so don't beat yourself up about it."

"Breached Contentment! Activating Full-Scale Lockdown!" said a Robotic Voice. Tyler ran towards the exit as he does though, he is stopped by Natalie. "I'm not letting you fix my mistakes!" She said with tears. "I'm going to my Mother, If evil insect hybrid children are coming, I've got to spend the last moments I can with my family." He said. Natalie could see he was serious, but she couldn't let him go.

She knew if he saw Entomolia, he would deal with it. "I'm going with you." " What!? No, you can't." "If we encounter her, we'll deal with it together." Tyler knew she needed to redeem herself. "Fine, but be warned. I've never invited a girl into my house before." As they walked over to Tyler's house, his mother opened the door.

"Tyler, you're back early. Oh, who is this?" She asked. "Yeah, this is Natalie, I invited her." As they entered the house, Tyler's mother pulled him aside. "Do you have what you need?" "MOM! That's not what's happening! I mean we aren't even dating." She looked at him with pride. "My little boy's all grown up." Tyler shoves his face into his hands.

"Look, I just wanted to see how you were doing, she wanted to tag along." Tyler's mother asked about Natalie's family, her heritage, and morals; they talked about where she got her nails done, and her grades, all of which Natalie was hesitant to answer at first. They talked on and on, for hours on end.

After a while, the subject of dating came up. " Who is someone you would end up going out with? Do you have a boyfriend?" Tyler sneezed out the water he was drinking. "MOM!?" he wheezed in between coughing. "What? I just asked a question." She said with a smile. As they moved on, Tyler's mother showed Natalie around the house. Tyler constantly ushered them away from his room, he didn't want a girl snooping in there. "Sorry, I just don't want you in there, nothing personal." He said. "Why not got something to hide?" Natalie teased. "No!" Tyler said blushing. " I just, don't want anyone in there." He said. "Alrighty then," Natalie said.

They later went outside to their porch. It was always peaceful, but something was off. Almost immediately, Tyler could sense someone, someone he didn't recognize. He could hear buzzing, coming from above "Guess there are helicopters out here." His mother said. Tyler and Natalie looked over at each other.

Natalie and Tyler had to go, if they didn't it could put Tyler's mother in danger. "It's been wonderful chatting with you Mrs. Crone, but we have to go," Natalie said. "Aw, well alright. Do me a favor, Natalie." She said. "Yes ma'am," Natalie responded. "Make sure Tyler stays out of trouble, he is always doing something dangerous." She stated.

As they walked down the street alongside the setting of the sun, Tyler heard a scream. His instincts immediately kicked in as he vibrated, he seemed to phase in and out of sight before completely disappearing. "Tyler!" Natalie yelled. She called on the rest of the team and said "Guys, we're gonna need backup. We are currently east of Bucky Crest Street, House Number 0407." Transforming into her suit, she ran back to the house.

She saw Glitch, and a winged figure 100 feet up, and above a pickup truck-sized hole thrown sideways in the southern wall of the house. He's fighting a buffed-up version of the insects they've fought before, tussling in mid-air. Not long after, Glitch gets the edge over the 'Frankensteins Monster, ripping and gauging its blackened wings out of its back, squirting greenish blood all over his hands and chest.

They fall to the ground with great speed. They hit Tyler's house's roof, leaving a huge dent in the slats. The creature holding on to dear life is dragged down the house by Glitch. He then brutally beats the insect's body into a gushing mess. Natalie had never seen such violence, it was complete overkill. It was like something you'd see in a horror movie, or in a cold case documentary. "Woah dude, come down. He's already dead." said The Encrypted Flame, landing next to Glitch.

Incognito shadowed over and asked, "Where's the fire?" Natalie wearily points over to the mangled puddle of insect intestines on the pavement. "Pounded to a pulp," she said with fearful eyes. Then another insect scooped up Tyler's mother. His mother screams for help.

Tyler saw the fear in her eyes, and began chasing after it, but is held in place by Janet's purple hue of a force field. As the beast flies away, Tyler loses what little composure he had left. "BRING ME, MY MOTHER, BACK RIGHT NOW!"

Everyone stood there, watching as Tyler entered a state of untamed rage. Tyler rips his helmet off letting out a loud yell, crying, and falling to his knees. A vile storm ensued, surrounding the young man; lightning turned the pavement to blackened glass. The group tried to calm him but to no avail. All except Natalie surround him, trying to comfort him from all sides. Tyler let out another loud cry, beating the ground in unison with the thunder's roar. Natalie trying to shake off her grief, walked up to Tyler, and she stops slowly backing up. 
Looking back at her, Tyler's pupils were nothing more than a sliver of a black line, surrounded by a thick pulsing cyan iris.

"Tyler, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." Natalie said with tears in her eyes. Tyler said nothing, he didn't even blink. The expression of his widened cat-like eyes was cold and unforgiving. Tyler weakly stands up, wiped his tears, and spoke. "No need to apologize, I can't blame you for what happened." Everyone stayed silent. "For now, we need to find Entomolia, we can not let her complete 'his' orders." Tyler turns to Brice. "How much time left?" Tyler asked. "About 3 hours, but before coming here, I went to where we first fought her. She's moved locations, it's gonna take another hour and a half to find her."

Tyler's eyes were still feline, albeit slightly less so. After getting to the compound, everyone questioned if Tyler was telling the truth. "Hey Tyler, you doing ok?" Natalie asked. Tyler didn't hear her, he was muttering to himself, whilst staring blankly at a wall. "Hello, Earth to Tyler! TY, WAKE UP!" She yelled. Almost immediately, Tyler snaps of whatever trans he seems to be in, his eyes returning to normal. "Oh, uh Hey Nat." "Ty, what are you doing? The others think you've gone full-time psycho, I told them they were being ridiculous."

As Tyler goes silent Natalie notices his focus, his palms we're stretched out on the floor. His eyes were wild and almost predatory. "Hey, you okay?" Natalie asked. 
Tyler sat quietly for another minute, before speaking up and saying "Searching for something." with a soulless expression across his face.
"What, the Hub's Computer isn't even in this area of the facility. How can you be" She then realizes what Tyler was doing, and her face was doused in fear. "You're looking for them aren't you? She asked. 
"You're using your senses to listen for vibrations. How much have you heard?"

He then looks at her with an icy stare and says "Everything from here to the Bermuda Triangle, it's been almost an hour and I haven't found my mother yet." Natalie sees Tyler trying to stop the tears from welling up in his eyes. She goes over to Tyler, hugging him with all the affection she can offer. "I'm so sorry Tyler, we'll find them. You don't have to act so strong okay?" She held him for what came across as an eternity, with her friend softly weeping in her arms. They sat there it seemed time stood still, like nothing, and no one in the world could intervene. All was calm until Tyler began vibrating. "Hey, Tyler what wro-"

She looked down at her friend, lightning began sprouting from Tyler's back. Natalie looked towards the floor where the lightning was going, as it whipped and crackled against the tiled floor. His pupils were as good as gone, he had found Entomolia. Within seconds he was gone, his suit had also disappeared. "Guys, have you located Entomolia yet?" Natalie asked yelling and out of breath. "No why what's wrong?" Janet asked. "I tried to calm him down, but he was determined. He's out there hunting her right now!" The group then understood what Natalie was saying, Tyler was going to kill Entomolia. The monitor at this time had fully triangulated Entomolia's position "Bermuda"

Tyler was running faster than he's ever gone, he had folded the Speed of Sound 9 times over. The water beneath him was reacting to his speed 9 seconds after Tyler was a mile ahead. He crashes through a large hive, formerly a navy warship. He had landed directly into the power grid, punching it and draining the electricity it gave off. "Shoot, they're here? Why do they have to disturb my groundbreaking research? This is getting old, take care of them my newest baby." Entomolia demanded. Glitch was waiting for his prey to come and meet their end. He would finish this once and for all, and nobody would stop him.

"Guys, we have to get to Bermuda, If we don't Tyler's gonna do something he'll regret."
Janet said. "Come on, this is Tyler we're talking about, he wouldn't hurt a fly." Alvin encouraged. "No matter the intention, Tyler's decision to run off on his own was foolish, I recommend we condemn him." 
Emily said walking into the room. "Excuse You!?" Alvin and Janet yelled. "I'm simply saying such actions should be punishable." "So you wanna put him down?" Alvin asked. Janet, Alvin, and Emily all bickered and fought over what they should do when they find him. Natalie, who was watching all of this go down spoke up. "Hey! I thought we were trying to stop Entomolia, why are you arguing over how we should detain one of our own?" She yelled. "Right now, we only have an hour left until she releases her swarm. STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!!"

Glitch stood still within the confines of the power grid, he sensed 12 or so Exoskeleton-wearing figures crawling toward him. The beasts looked around, seemingly scanning for anything they could destroy. They spot two large green eyes, along with foot-long cyan blades. The squealing of the insects was loud and ear-engulfing. After flashes and bursts of blue lightning, the lights turned back on and the unholy screeching had subsided. Behind him, were 15 dismembered bodies. Glitch continued, towards the command center to see large flasks filled with hive-minded freaks of nature, He paid them no mind. He was focused on the lady who was more insect than human. "Beautiful, aren't they? To think I gave birth to the pinnacle of evolution."

Glitch stood silently, uttering not a word. "The silent treatment? That's a little rude don't you think? Whatever, I guess since you're here, you want to know why I'd do this. I no longer wish to create weapons, "he" nay, that thing told me I could make a world where insects ruled, just like before the dinosaurs." She turns around to reveal large pitch-black wings. Her face, if you could call it one was just as you'd expect, hideous. Her body was covered in an exoskeleton, with a large elytron covering her back, down to her thighs. "I no longer need a skeleton you see, so my body got rid of it. I have to admit that it was painful, but all worth it. My outer skin is now tougher than steel, and 20 times as flexible. Anyway, I wish to turn the whole world into a beautiful place, full of beings like me. For that, I needed test subjects."

She then reveals a group of people strapped to chairs with needles implanted in their arms. Among the group, was Tyler's mother. "Now watch, as evolution is brought to a complete close with one serum!" Tyler began tweaking out, he started to vibrate and spout lightning like a damaged power line; All of this to say, he began 'Glitching' of your will. He sped toward the activation button, destroying it. "No! Why do you have to get in my w-" Entomolia was kicked in her mandibles by what I can only describe as a bullet the size of a size 11 and a half men's shoe. She was sent flying into a tungsten wall. Before she could recover, she was dragged down to a heating cellar used to create fluoroantimonic acid making the boat move. Her face is then shoved into a gallon containing the acid, losing all the humanoid skin she once had. "Want to go get some air?" Glitch asked in the most sinister tone possible.

He was dragging by her wings, whilst carrying a canister of gasoline. He shoves a funnel down her throat and pours the entire thing into it. "I heard fire is the best way to get rid of insects." He then grabs a log he found on his way to the ship, striking it with a snap of his fingers. He punches the wood into her stomach, watching as it breaks into flame. Stomping out the fire within her intestines, he swiftly grabbed her neck. "What else should you have to endure before I'm satisfied?" He asked. "Glitch put her down!" Code Surfer came in riding on a board made of light. "Oh my goodness, Glitch she's barely living!" She yelled, with sorrow in her voice. "Where are the others?" He asked. "They're on their way, we need to talk, you can't kill her!" Soon after, the group arrived to see a fleeing, mostly dead Entomolia trying her best to escape. She ends up getting away with a vendetta against Glitch. "Tyler, this is an intervention."

"Tyler we get it, you're angry. That doesn't mean that you can just kill out of revenge!" Natalie stated. The group surrounds Tyler, leaving him nowhere to go, except further down the ship. So that's exactly what he did. "Tyler!" Janet yelled. He ran down towards the glass room where his mother, was being held. "Do you see what I do?" Glitch asked. He revealed to the group that his mother, along with other people were kidnapped and explains what he was told.

"Dude, that doesn't excuse us from finding you standing over a smoking insect-human undead corpse," Alvin said. "Well, how would you take care of it Human Torch?" Glitch said. Alvin stood there silently, looking like an idiot. "I don't know who that is," Natalie said. "Don't worry about it and sorry for almost killing Entomolia, I kinda lost my cool there. Anyway, you guys wanna help me get these civilians out of here?" Glitch asked.

"Got it, I'll pry those bad boys right open." "Slow down Hellstorm, I got this," Glitch says pushing Alvin aside. 
Glitch then rips the Fort Knox-style tungsten vault doors from..... its self? Yes, he does, Glitch has torn between the doors themselves and gives a considerable demonstration of his strength. "How did you do that?" Alvin and Natalie asked. "There's a lot of stuff I can do, stick around and you just might see them all." Glitch said stretching with a smug expression under his helmet.

They help the people that were trapped in Entomolia's testing chamber. "Thank you all so much. Who are you all?" Tyler's mother asked. The group wasn't prepared for that question, they stood there. Later Glitch spoke up, using the D and A in SODA for his disguised voice. "We are The Pantheons." "Thank you, so much." She said crying "I thought I'd never see my baby again." Tyler wanted to take off his helmet right then and there, he wanted to let his mother know that he was right in front of her.

"Don't worry miss, we've located your son he is very much safe." Code Surfer said. She looks back towards Glitch giving him a reassuring nod. "Thank goodness he's okay." She said. "You and the horned young man over there both remind me of my son and his crush Natalie." She whispered Glitch's eyes widen, he heard everything because of his heightened hearing, and he shoved his helmet into his gloved hands. "You've gotta be kidding me, is this what she tells people when I'm not around!?" Glitch thought. "Oh really is that so? We should get you all to a hospital, just to check things out." Natalie said with her face red as a tomato.

"Glitch, are you fast enough?" Code Surfer asked. "I recently went Mach-9 with no effort. I'll have them all there before the next few minutes are up." He said confidently. "Do not outstretch any appendages during the ride; keep all mobile devices in your pocket, and please make an orderly single-file line." He said. And without any don't within the next few minutes, all the people captured were placed in predetermined hospital beds, courtesy of working for a government project blessed by the President.

"Really Typo, The Pantheons?" Janet asked. "What, It was the best I could think of, plus it has a nice ring to it," Tyler said sliding to a stop. "So, Tyler is there anything you wanna confess?" Natalie asked. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Glitch said, averting his eyes. Natalie sighed, she kinda wanted him to admit his feelings. She reflected on when She and Tyler first met, and it wasn't on the day of the Singularity. They met shortly after Natalie turned 6, she was crying in a corner because of bullying, and Tyler had come to comfort her. Later that day, a dog had gotten loose from its containment attacking her. Tyler had taken a blow, suffering a head injury, leaving a scar on his left eye. Tyler doesn't remember the incident after the surgery. Natalie, on the other hand, could never forget that day.

"By the way, Tyler? Did you ever get a lock on where Entomolia will be hiding next?" Janet asked. Tyler then looks up, to notice something had blocked out the sun. "Janet, I don't think we'll need that info." "What you mea... oh my sweet baby Moses!" The rest of the group looks up to see a large cloud of antennae and insect wings. "Hey, I think she released her swarm early," Alvin said. "Did you figure that out on your own Hawking?" Glitch cracked. "Now's not the time you two!" Janet said.

"I recommend, we get off the platform we're currently on." Brice deducted. "We'll escape through my shadows, this way." They all jump through, Glitch sees the Tungsten-Clad boat getting devoured by a portion of the hoard. He heard this before appearing on the other side. "Coevery tree of the land and eat all that is there to be eaten! GLITCH I'M OUT FOR YOUR BLOOD!!!" Looking back Tyler realized something, maybe don't tick off a villain with the ability to summon one of the 10 plagues.

"Well, having a true enemy is one of the first steps to being a hero, I guess," Alvin said. "Do not patronize me, Monroe," Tyler said coldly. Tyler runs out to the east coast to get a good view of where Entomolia would be coming from. After all, they were just in the Bermuda Triangle, about 900 miles. Then a swarm of insects came flying in, picking people up, only to drop them once they got high enough. "Oh God, why did I have to anger the weird kind of scientist?" Tyler asked himself. "Yep, this is your fault," Alvin said. Tyler then looks at Alvin and said, "Do you need to shove acid in my wounds?"

"From what I could tell, you already did that to Entomolia," Alvin said with a smug look. "I hate you, Alvin." "Guys, we could use some help here, we have bugs in our city!" The duo leaped forward into the battle, entering with gusto. They weren't just fighting, they were competing. Each time someone took out a higher number of hive-brained beasts than the other, that pushed the other to do better. Eventually, Janet looked over to where her two lunatics were fighting.
Soon, the others saw them as well. "Are they working together or, vying with each other?" Brice asked.

Janet sighs, "Both, they are always like this, even before the powers. Now it's just given them the uncanny ability to be bigger idiots." she said. "Should we stop them?" Natalie asked. "Nah, let them deplete themselves of the adrenaline that's in their systems. One of them will eventually win their little tournament and proclaim dominance over the other." Janet proclaimed. As the rest of the team sat there and watched, the hues of blue and red clashed with one another. Oddly enough no one had noticed that Entomolia hadn't shown her face yet. No one except Natalie, who was watching Tyler go what she thought was him going all out, discovered a new power.

She could see all the different waves of the electromagnetic spectrum! "Nat, what's wrong?" Janet said. "Tell Tyler to run over to the shore, and see what's out there. Janet did as she was told, and Tyler ran out to the east shore. "What do you see out there?" Janet asked via her earpiece. "Nothing yet, She'll most likely come from the sou-" Tyler heard thumping, he looked over to his left, and what he saw sent him into a panic. "Tyler, what's wrong!?" "Guys, we may have a Goliath on our hands." "What are you talking about?"

"Nat, make a shield to encircle the city, NOW!" Rising above him was a giant amalgamation of an arachnid, like something you'd see in a monster movie. It was 100 feet above the ground with a giant stinger, it was a monstrous scorpion. Tyler ran back with the same speed he had before his pupils were slits again. He knew that whatever that thing was, it was Entomolia's doing. "Glitch, come and meet my newest creation, SCORPIUS!" Entomolia screamed. "Speak of the devil." Tyler thought. "Hey, Tyler what is that?" Alvin asked.

"Oh, you know, an old legend that's known in Greek mythology as well as my zodiac sign, Σκορπιός. "I'm sorry, SKORPIOS!? As in the Orion killer!?" Alvin yelled. "Yep, that's the guy, great 1-1 scale recreation," Tyler said. "We are gonna fight a giant scorpion, and you are making jokes!" Janet said. "No matter what we're fighting, we need to hold that thing off until Natalie can form the barrier," Brice said. "We need to evacuate everyone, in case the barrier fails," Alvin said. "Where are we gonna get enough room for an entire city?" Janet asked.

"Get everyone to the underground facility now, I'll hold off Entomolia and bug-eyes." Glitch said. "Janet, I need you to astral-project a message to everyone in the city. Brice, get your shadows ready, we'll need everyone to be in one place. Alvin, when Brice is done you need to protect Natalie, she's our beacon if she goes down we all go down." Glitch ordered. With their city on the line, everyone rushes to do their jobs. "All civilians, this is of the utmost importance. We need you all to head to the City Hall." Everyone who saw the projection questioned what was happening as they walked up to City Hall, except the people the team saved on the navy boat, including Tyler's mother.

"Is everyone evacuated? Is the barrier up?" Tyler asked. "Yeah, we've gotten everyone, and the barrier is up and ready," Janet said. "Good, now all of you, go through the portal yourselves." " What!? Tyler, we're a team. Even if we had no other choice I'm not leaving you. Tyler, you'll never survive out there!" Natalie said. "When you see my hair and suit start glowing, Run," Tyler said. Natalie could see, that Tyler wasn't playing around. He had that look in his eyes again, the same look he had when Entomolia kidnapped his mother. "Alright, I'll let you do what you need to. If you don't win, I'll need to keep the barrier closed. Don't die, Glitch." She said. Tyler began to glow, his hair was highlighted a bright Cyan. "I got this. I WON'T LET MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, OR MY TOWN DIE!"

Glitch bellowed, the same as the thunder plummeting from the sky. It got to a point in which the two sounds were indistinguishable from each other. Truly, this was a being worthy of fighting a god-killing scorpion. Even Entomolia, who was watching from the shadows watched with intrigue and fear. Σκορπιός stared at what they thought was a simple mortal, summoning lightning and roaring with the zeal of a ravenous beast. Σκορπιός screeched, charging at Glitch with full force. 

They slammed their tail into Glitch, sending the hero into the earth beneath them. Σκορπιός battered Glitch a total of 9 times. Letting up their monstrous appendage, giving what they thought would be a final blow. To their surprise, their tail was being raised by the human they reckoned was pummeling them. Glitch screamed, whilst lifting the giant tail and stinger, lifting the arachnid by its tail ALONE! Deadlifting 180 TONS, with some struggle of course. Slamming the being into the earth with a rightfully deserved 9 times, screaming while doing so. His city watched from the facility's satellite. "When could he lift that much?" Natalie asked. "I don't think he could before now." Janet declared, frozen in shock.

Once Σκορπιός landed on their tarsus once more, they swung their metasoma wildly to rid it of the virus that brought humiliation to their name. Glitch flung to the ground with the force of the meteor that gave him his abilities in the first place. "Come on Glitch, get up. It's just your entire freaking skeletal system, your soul might even have a set of cracked ribs too, and that's okay. I'm going to HATE myself for this in the future." Tyler said to himself. Tyler then sighs, as he shakes himself off, striking his left shoulder back into its place. "Alright then, let's get serious about this. You're fighting an exact copy of THE being that hunted the God of hunting. No big deal."

The being leap towards Glitch stabbing the ground with its massive stinger. "HEY, STINGER-FACE!! EVER BEEN PUNCHED WITH 99 BILLION WATTS OF WORTH OF PURE LIGHTNING!!? DON'T WORRY, I'LL HELP YOU BRAINSTORM THE POSSIBILITIES!!!" Glitch hollered. He opened his fists to reveal a ball of lightning, his hands instinctively close as the voltage encases his forearms. As the electricity crackled out his fists, Glitch throws his first punch at the overgrown hell's spawn. The impact causes an explosion of pure energy followed by an ear-bursting thunderclap. "I don't think he's done that either. He's already evolving his abilities. I can barely go above 300 mph and 400° F. NO FAIR!" Alvin complained.

"Oh ho ho, suck it, Alvin. You're never getting to my level now!" Tyler thought to himself. "Come on, let's get charged up!" He yelled. Glitch looked up at his opponent, charging his next track whilst running toward Σκορπιός. Within seconds, Glitch was in front of his foe's face. "Let's see how much blunt-force trauma you can abide." He said cockily. He leaps up and punches the beast, each blow being followed by another, each gap of time getting lesser for every quake and crack. "Is he getting faster?" Natalie progressed to see nothing but blue jagged streaks whisk across the large screen. She then switches light spectrums.

Using UV rays all she can see is Tyler's figure as he leaves that place and then enters it again a second later. "How fast is he moving?" Janet asked. "I can barely keep up with him," Natalie said. I'll let you know now, this isn't even close to how fast Glitch gets at the end of these stories. But, that's not for this sequence of text. "Go Glitch, You can do it!" Tyler's mother yelled. As if he heard it from the aether itself, Tyler knew his mother was cheering him on. With the extra boost of energy behind knowing this fact, he got faster, then he got faster again. Then, there was one second of doubt, just a moment of hesitation, then Σκορπιός was beginning to back itself up, in a last-ditch effort to win, they bash their stinger into Glitch's chest.

Tyler screams, all it took was a second to stop Glitch in his tracks. He thought he was about to die but something wouldn't let him, it was faint but there in his heart, was a spark. He looks behind him to hear Natalie screaming running through a shadow. "Glitch, don't you dare die on me!" She yelled. Glitch grabbed the stinger lodged in his chest, tightening his grip. He screams and electrocutes the sharp point in his chest. The stinger begins to glow a bright cyan, it cracks and shatters. He snatches Σκορπιός's tail and chops one of the columns in half, cutting the tip of its tail from the rest of itself. Glitch crushed its tail in his hand and yells, "I'M NOT DIEING EITHER, YOU GIANT DIPSTICK!!!"

Σκορπιός screeched to the pain of losing their tail, they shrieked and wailed. As the Scorpion's venom percolated through Glitch's veins, the adrenaline and pure plasma in his blood rushed twofold. Glitch fell to his knees, his breaths diminished, and he proceeded to blackout. Similar just an hour earlier, as if his mother was right there fighting with him he rose to his feet. "You gotta try a lot than that if you wanna kill me." He said slurring his words. "How in the world is he not dead? Wasn't that a straightforward blow to the heart or at least a lung!?" Entomolia asked herself. Entomolia was beginning to worry, she assumed that recreating the arduous creature would for sure be able to eliminate some child.

Glitch could feel almost every single nerve ending in his body, he couldn't take the pain. Then like a static shock, an impulse. It compelled him to do something he would have never thought of, it wanted him to strike himself with lightning. His subconscious summoned a storm and like an iron rod, Glitch's body was filled with vigor, the venom in his veins was obliterated from his system. Natalie wanted to step in but was promptly brought back into the shadow by Janet. "Are you crazy!? You could've gotten yourself killed!" She yelled. "I need to see him survive, he can't die until I let him know how I feel, I just couldn't contain myself," Natalie said. At this point Glitch looked as if he was firing on all cylinders, within an instant, all of his energy returned to his chest.

His eyes outshone the setting sun, his pupils were back to being lifeless and cold. Glitch wasn't going to hold back with this sudden power-up, he saw this as an opportunity to finish the fight. "Now we're talking, LET'S GO ALL OUT THIS TIME!" Σκορπιός screeched, letting its mandibles open up, revealing a large gaping mouth. Then Glitch got an idea, he got a terrible, disgusting idea. "Jeez, this is gonna suck to get out of my hair later. Alright Pinocchio, let's see if you were right about this." He sighed. Glitch kneeled and began revving up enough energy to win this thing. "Belly of the beast, here I come!" Glitch yelled. "What is he doing?" Natalie asked. "It looks like he's gonna jump down its throat," Alvin said. "Is he gonna make it!?" She yelled. "I don't think Glitch even knows," Janet said.

Glitch leaped towards the beast, and as he soared through the air and for the first time in nine months, he felt fear. Genuine fear, he was terrified that he might not make it out of this alive. "Come on Tyler, you can't back out now, you've already jumped. Shake it off, you got this!" He told himself. Glitch straightened out his body and began spinning, he spun at half the speed of light. Just as it went dark, he stretched his arms, unsheathing his blades all whilst spinning. It seemed like the end for our hero.  Σκορπιός opened wide, expecting this to be a wonderful repast.

"What's happening, where's Glitch!?" Natalie asked. Silence filled the facility before tears began filling her eyes. Everyone began preparing for the worst, they were just about to pull Tyler's mother aside to tell her about her son's sacrifice. Just then, Σκορπιός felt the inside of their body ripping and tearing, coughing up literal gallons of blue blood. They hissed like a Madagascar cockroach before slashed and flickers of cyan light appeared all over their body. With the force and death-defying feats of a demon, Glitch leaped out from the back of the beast, thundering like the absolute unit he was. Natalie came running from a shadow towards Tyler. Just before blacking out, Natalie caught him holding him in her arms. Clasping him with all her strength, she begins to weep. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! I thought you were dead, why would you do something so stupid!?" She yelled.

Tyler who was still primarily unconscious announced his concerns. "I think I heaved in my helmet." He wheezed. Natalie was squashing him in her arms, she then realized that Tyler was losing air and let him go. "Sorry, didn't mean to bruise your ribs there. You can rest, you deserve it." She said blushing. Just then, she hears a loud buzzing. "NO, I DIDN'T DO ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET DEFEATED BY A CHILD AND HIS STUPID POSSE!!" Entomolia said, zipping towards Glitch with eyes lit ablaze. Natalie was going to have to protect her friend. She wasn't losing her chance to confess.

Natalie stood up, laying Tyler mostly unconscious on the broken ground. Letting up her barrier, she soaks up all the sunlight she can take before her reddish-brown hair and tan skin glows with the power of a lighthouse searchlight. By the time Tyler had finished his fight with Σκορπιός, nightfall had just begun to cover the sky. Natalie was fully prepared to win this fight, which was hers to endure. "Entomolia, you don't have to do this," Natalie said. "I'm not going to conversate with a child, the only thing you're good for is making something that already exists. You are useless." Entomolia said with a smile across her face. This enraged Natalie, her skin glowed a bright yellow, and her iris' were pink and glowing with a similar style to Tyler's; Minus the cat eyes.

Tyler was soon after retrieved by his friends, his blurred vision could only see a pristine light whiting out the night sky. "N-no, Nat." He said stretching out his arm. Natalie felt she was the reason that any of this had happened, even though it was a bizarre conclusion, she wanted to prove that she can be more than a spotlight for someone else. "I am not anyone's doll, I am a hero!" Natalie then erupts, altering her body into human-shaped rays of sunlight. Tyler waking from his temporary comatose, sees Natalie transform, watching her flicker and pulsate like those broken old lights you put on your Christmas Tree. "Who's idea was it to bring Rave-Party-themed Theia into a fistfight with Perfect Cell?" He cracked. "The same person who invented pineapple pizza, dude," Alvin said in awe.

"Then I'll be sure to send dear Ol' Lucy a thank-you card for giving us our human strobe light down there." Tyler snapped back. "Hey, it's not that bad if you'll just try it, man." "Silence Torch-Breath, no one cares about your Pizza-Politics. I need to get down there to provide some support hopefully." Tyler said looking down from a three-story apartment towards the battle, from the buildings that weren't destroyed in Glitch's tussle with Σκορπιός. "Are you kidding? You're NOT going out there, you haven't even fully healed, and your armor is all cracked." Janet said. "I am SHOCKED that you think I care," Tyler said shooting lightning from his fingers. "You know what, just for that stupid pun. I'm encasing your legs in ice."

"You can do that?" "Yeah Tyler, there's water in the air. I'm also chilly, this suit is practically skin-tight." Janet said making Tyler look like an Ice-Sculpture from the waist down. Tyler looks down and says; "That's COLD, Merlyn." "Do you want to become Jack Frost?" "I apologize." "Uh-huh, see that's all you had to say. Let the ice do its thing and soothe your injuries. Until then, STAY WHERE YOU ARE." Janet said. Janet and the rest then went on to do a routine check on the civilians safely kept at Location 05-ETC.

"We'll be back, so sit tight, ok Typo?" Janet said. "I'll try Janet. Although it's gonna be hard to keep my legs in this pose, it isn't the best to hold." Tyler said looking down. The only thing he could do is look over at the ending of a battle to his left. Natalie begins to float slightly above the ground, about 1 foot. "This is your last chance to surrender," Natalie said standing over a sunburned Entomolia. The villain stands up revealing a giant and long stinger spouting from where her tailbone was supposed to be. "It must pain you to think you've truly won. Well, I'm here to break your false sense of invincibility." Swinging her abdomen towards her, Entomolia thrusts her poisoned tail directly into Natalie's heart.

Natalie strains as she tries and fails to remove the stinger stuck in one of her most vital organs, she is unable to move. "Sorry, I can't let you ruin the fun so soon, my stringer has burbs and paralyzes my victims," Entomolia says with a broad, sadistic smile on her face. Life quickly fades from her eyes, unable to move. The first thing to go is her legs, slowly followed by her hearing and sight. "Eww, there's a bug on my tail!" Entomolia said mockingly. She throws Natalie's soon-to-be corpse across the pavement. Before cracking her skull on the ground, Natalie is lifted by a cyan figure. She can only hear silence, but she knew that Tyler was telling her to stay awake for a little longer. Even though he hadn't said anything.

"Where did you even come from!? Do you just let worthless little girls fight your battles for you, then when they die you play with their bodies, HUH!? ANSWER ME!!!" Entomolia screamed. Tyler moves Natalie to the building he was on at 99 times the speed of sound! He sets her down among the shards of ice, pushing one into her wound. Tyler's appearance had become abstract, his body began to change color schemes and make fast jerking movements. It was like his body was no longer physical, it was nothing but pure lightning. Trying to stay stable, he rips off his faceplate, leaving the horns and unearthing his face. His eyes were bright cyan, this time there was no iris or any white of any kind. Seeing Tyler's anger, Entomolia began crying, fearing for her life.

"What was the purpose of taking off your stupid-looking mask? Are you just extremely ignorant?" Entomolia said slowly backing up. Tyler stood there, staring blankly at her, equipping his blades whilst continuing to make eye contact with her. "Do you think you can intimidate me by being silent? I've already seen this trick." She boasted.
"Ugh, enough of this!" Entomolia tries to pull the same rouse on Tyler that she did on Natalie, but Tyler dodges. For a minute or so this was all that happened, jabbing and dodging. "Ahhh, why won't you do anything!?" Entomolia yelled. 
As if to be responding, materializes in her face and grabs her tail snatching it.

He strides with the appendage, slamming Entomolia into a building in construction, yanking the tail off at the end of the swing. Entomolia screeches in pain, she begins charging at Tyler. Before she can even take a step, Tyler virtually teleports in front of her, stabbing her in her stomach with his blades. She coughs up blood, then within a blink of an eye, she's back on the pier where all the fighting have down when she first released her insect army. "What on earth are you, cause your certainly NOT human." She declared. Glitch was staring at her like a crazed lunatic, even though he currently had the mental state of one.

Entomolia remembering she has wings flies up into the air to make a last-ditch effort to escape. "You've got to be kidding me!!!" Entomolia said bearing witness to Tyler rifting his way into the clouded-over sky. He then glitches over to her, blades equipped and grabbed her chest to throw a punch. "You may be good on the ground but I'm best in the air!" She said twisting around. After realizing that he's not letting go, Glitch stabs Entomolia in her chest. She then kicks him off, but she didn't escape him. She sees him holding onto her leg, with a blank and sinister expression. He glitches onto her, snagging her back. Tyler then uses his blades to slice one of her wings in half lengthways.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!? YOU'RE CRAZY, YOU'LL KILL US BOTH!!! GET OFF ME!!!" Entomolia cried out. As they tumble through the atmosphere, Tyler stands on top of Entomolia's back ripping out her wings. Entomolia riled out in excruciating pain. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!? WE'RE GETTING TOO CLOSE TO THE GROUND!!!" She screamed. "I know," Tyler said. He then grabs her by the throat, putting her in a headlock. When the rest of the Pantheons returned all they see is Natalie with ice in her chest, they all heard a loud thud seconds later. After taking Natalie to Mrs. Monroe and Emily Shaw for intensive surgery in an attempt to save her life, they rush to see the dust setting with Tyler standing over Entomolia's body. 
"How's that for the pinnacle of evolution." Glitch said catching his breath.

"D-did you do it, Is she still alive?" Janet asked. "Barely, she'll live long enough if she serves her sentence," Tyler said in return. "You're a Demon, no one with a mortal soul could do that." Entomolia wheezed. "Save it for someone who cares." After 6 months, the Pantheons returned to school after abnormal summer, but nothing remains simple forever. "Hey Tyler, How is your mother?" Natalie asked. "She's fine, ya know she went on a business trip, and now I got a little sibling on the way!" Tyler said with a smile. "Well students, I'm happy to announce that we have a new pupil in our class! Miss would you please come to the class and introduce yourself?" The teacher said. "Hello, my name is Emily Shaw and I'll be working with you all." After 3.5 hours of class, the group went to lunch.

"You are so full of it," Tyler said to Emily. "I have no idea what you mean." She responded. "You're here to keep an eye on your top dogs." "Well, aren't you observant? Yes, that's why I'm here, I'm playing the act of a schoolgirl to monitor you." Emily stated. "But why would you need to monitor us? Also, how did you even get in? Entry tests aren't for another 4 months." Natalie said. "One, I came here to monitor Crone, he's the most trouble out of all of you." "Hey!" Tyler interjected. "Two, the NEW principal would like to see you," Emily said. "New principal!?" The Pantheons said in unison. After school, the group walked to the principal's office to see Emily standing in front of the desk. The chair spins, revealing Mrs. Monroe as the new head of the school. "Hello students, let's try to have a wonderful year."

"Uijt vojwfstf jt efgfdujwf, Zpv offe up fsbejdbuf uif sfbtpo gps ju't gmbxt."

"How did an old timeline turn into a new one without making a branch in time?"

"J bn votvsf, uijt jt bo peejuz."

"Do you need to speak in that tone of speach?"

"J tqfbl jo uijt ejbmphvf tp J nbz tubz bopoznpvt, tpnfuijoh ps tpnfpof jt mjtufojoh up fwfszuijoh xf tbz. Uif Sfbefs."

"No matter who is listening, what is so special about this transforming timeline?"

"Pctfswf dmptfmz."

"Wait a millennium. This one wearing clad-black, are they even human? He comes across as an outlier from the others. You said that this timeline is supposed to be dead?"

"Cf dbvujpvt hpjoh epxo uifsf. Uifz bsf uif tuspohftu tp gbs, ju xjmm cf ejggjdvmu up hfu sje pg uifn. Uifz xfsf bmm tvqqptfe up ejf podf uif nfufps ibe foufsfe uifjs qmbofu't bunptqifsf."

A rouge timeline? That's never happened before."

"Uijt cfjoh gjhiut bmpohtjef Nfsmjo't zpvoh; uif dijme't qpxfs boe tqffe sjwbmt uibu pg uif hpet boe efnpot bmjlf."

"Sounds fun, I'll drop in."

"Zpv xjti up cfdpnf foubohmfe xjui bo poj? Ibwf zpv op tibnf, xjudi?"

"Raw power such as that can should be wielded like the weapon it is. I'll take a quick trip to this earth, no harm done."

"Uifo csjoh pvs nptu tvddfttgvm dmpof. If nbz cf gmbxfe, cvu if xpvme cf uif pomz pof up lffq zpv tbgf, if bmtp ibt ujft up tpnf pg uiptf tvsqsjtjohmz evsbcmf ivnbot."

"Wondrous, I guess I'll be bringing the beast with me. We'll meet soon enough then, Deviant #2005. This Dove is taking a vacation."