Wandering Soul | Teen Ink

Wandering Soul

By Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Summary:

The world as we know it came to an end in June, year 1290 when the nuclear war broke out. People claimed that the Cold War had come to an end in the late 1900s when Mikhail Gorbachev came into power and the U.S.S.R. fell drastically from its high position. It turns out people were wrong.
For years instead, it had been brewing malignantly beneath the roofs of the two sides’ heads. It was on the whim of two said to be extraordinary men under normal circumstances that it happened. Yet it was not under normal circumstances when the first bomb was released so suddenly, upsetting before killing the most optimistic of a people there ever was in a hundred years. But after so many great years, it was only fair that the world took such a rough turn.
Nobody, however, accounted for the world’s end on their agendas. Nobody was prepared. I, barely settling in my first year at college, certainly was not prepared.

Theresa E.

Wandering Soul

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Start it anytime :) 

leafy said...
leafy, City, Other

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

i don't have time to start this one yet, but its sounds awesome! i'll start it either later today or in the next couple of days

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I'll post the next chapter, but you may not see it for a week or two--it needs to be approved by teenink first. And as for the body, I don't want to give any spoilers. All you have to know for now is that her soul is alive. :) Thanks for the comment. 

PaintingTheRosesRed BRONZE, Newark, New Jersey
Omg, this is AMAZING. Can you pretty please post the next chapter soon? I'm leaving for camp in  few days but I'm dying to know what happens next. :) One thing though: Is her real body alive? That's just a little confusing since everyone else in the room she was in was incinerated but she miraculously wasn't. Either way though this book is great.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I just caught a mistake in the summary, where the year the world ended is supposed to be 2090, not 1290. Whoops. :l 

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Well thank you! I'm so glad you think so! :)

tealbird said...
I love your writing style! It puts so much personality into the character, and makes the story so intriguing! I think that the work you did is fantastic!

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Haha, thank you. You have no idea how much that means!!! :)

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Thanks for answering the question! And yeah, that's just one of the main things that bothered me is the dead fathers thing... But hey, it's a book! I loved reading it, really! And you better get it done! I have no doubt in my mind you will be published someday, and I'll be able to say: Hey! I commented on that book when it was only a rough draft on teen ink... (:

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I'm a girl, to answer your question. :) And thank you so much for the feedback!!! I know, the whole dead father thing was kind of unrealistic--it kind of just happened. Don't know why. But I'm so glad you like this, and took the time to read and comment! Three times! Haha. Thanks. The book is undergoing some serious revision, so hopefully, the final will be better. (If I can ever get it done). 

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

PSS
Sorry.. Bahaha, but I keep forgetting things I wanted to say! 
I just have to ask, are you a male or female? The whole story I couldn't figure it out... And I just really was curious, since the main character is a girl, I thought you were. But, of course, I've written stories with guy main characters and I'm a girl, sooo.... 

Sorry for like the paragraph asking one question(:

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

PS I love the title to the book, very nice(:

And I forgot to mention that I found it a bit weird that TWO of the main character's had dead fathers... And then another one had a brother die. It's seems like a lot of death that just is coincidental in this small group of friends, especially two having the same close family member die. I don't know if it's just me, but I found that a bit, weird.

Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

I have to be honest, I did NOT want to read a novel when you first commented on my thing. But then I started to read, and really fell in love with the character's and what was going on. As the others said, the beginning is a bit rushed, but you got a handle on that by the last chapter that is posted. I really am eager to read more.

I loved what Rose said to them when she was in her out of body experience, how she would respond to their questions and talk to them even though they couldn't hear her. I don't know why I liked it so much, but I really did enjoy every second of those parts.

I got a bit bored in the short back story of the president/leader and them coming to power. It might just be because I hate history and anything that has to do with.

I also really love your character development, I can really tell what kind of person everyone is inside and out. Like David, you say he's such a gentleman and stuff, but I see something almost dark behind all that, with his snide comments, that may seem kind, and such. I also think there may be an unwanted love connection... But hey, that's just me(:

I really love it and CANNOT wait for the new chapter to be posted! Thanks for getting me to read it, it's a very creative story and really well done.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Thanks! I was working for this to be original. And the pacing is definitely slowing down. I'm almost finished with the next chapter (FINALLY got over writer's block), so I may be posting that soon. :)

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
Very original...I loved it! The number thing was cool, I immediately grabbed my phone to see that the three numbers spelled war. Also, the way you wrote the novel, I could feel the frusturation Rose felt, and I just kept hoping that someone would notice her. One thing that stuck out to me, however, was the skyping thing. I assume that this story takes place far into the future, and with the rapid growth of technology, I doubt skype will be around in Rose's time. The ending felt rushed, so I hope you continue this in order to improve the pacing of the novel. Other than that, you held my interest the entire time and I am left wondering what is going to happen next. Good job!

Megan.J.B said...
Megan.J.B, Sault Ste Marie, Other

"Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city. And those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You, me? We're exceptional."
- Green Goblin. :)

No problem, I loved the concept though, I mean really, really original! :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I know it's rushed, but I did slow it down after the first chapter, which I have already started to rewrite. Thanks for the feedback :)

Megan.J.B said...
Megan.J.B, Sault Ste Marie, Other

- Green Goblin. :)

I really liked this! The only complaint I would have is : RUSHED! I think that for a novel/longer story or whatever you intend it to be, it was far too rushed. Reel me into her relationships with her friends, etc. That's my only complaint 

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

For anyone who has read or is going to read this book, I'd like to pose a question to you. Would you prefer it if I made chapter 1 into 'part 1' and separated that into two or three chapters? I just feel like it would make more sense and ease the confusion and rapid pace I start out the book in. Feedback would be appreciated. :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

Alright! I'll definitely work more on character development. Thanks so much for the great feedback! :) I'm so glad you like it.