One by One They Fall | Teen Ink

One by One They Fall

By Swimfanatic17 PLATINUM, Temperance, Michigan
Swimfanatic17 PLATINUM, Temperance, Michigan

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandhi

I started this book about 3 years ago, I hope to one day publish this book.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Ellen and her boyfriend, Cameron were on their way home from Cameron’s varsity football game, Cameron was driving Ellen home because Ellen’s mom was using Ellen’s car since hers broke down. Cameron saw Scoops and decided to treat his girl to a frozen treat. So he pulled into the parking lot and parked.
“Why are we at Scoops?” Ellen asked.
“I want to get you ice cream,” Cameron said.
“Why?” Ellen asked.
“Because I love you,” Cameron said.
“I love you too,” Ellen said.
“I love you, more,” Cameron said leaning in to steal a kiss.
“Or naw,” Ellen said ducking away.
“Shoot, so close,” Cameron said.
“Hey, I’m proud of you for choosing not to use language,” Ellen replied.
“Yay, my baby girl is proud of me. C’mon, let’s go get you ice cream, my treat,” Cameron said laughing.
“Yay, ice cream! Cameron, I’m always proud of you,” Ellen said as she got out of the car.
“What do you want? Wait, let me guess; a vanilla covered in cherry in a medium size cup,” Cameron said taking Ellen’s hand.
“No, today I want a small vanilla cone with sprinkles,” Ellen corrected.
“Sounds delicious,” Cameron said.
“Well, sprinkles are delicious,” Ellen said.
“But not as delicious as you,” Cameron said.
“I’m so lucky to have you,” Ellen told Cameron.
“I think it’s the reverse I’m so lucky to have you. Time for that kiss now?” Cameron asked.
“Yeah no,” Ellen replied shaking her head mockingly.
“Why not?” Cameron asked.
“Because I’ve kissed you enough today,” Ellen said.
“You can’t ever kiss someone too much,” Cameron said smirking as he touched Ellen’s cheek. 
“Especially when it’s you,” Ellen said putting her hand on Cameron’s. Cameron kissed her than pulled away.
“I love you,” Cameron said, as he took his hand off her cheek.
“I love you too” Ellen said, as Cameron took her hand in his.
“One small vanilla cone with sprinkles and one butterscotch milkshake, please,” Cameron said to the lady behind the counter.
“That’ll be $5.40 out of ten; $4.60 is your change. Hey Ian, Cameron and Ellen are here,” said the woman at the window.
“Okay,” yelled Ian.
“Small vanilla with sprinkles and a butterscotch milkshake,” yelled out the lady’s voice.
“Hey, Cameron, who won?” Ian asked.
“Ian get out here dude! We did, thirty-seven to eleven,” Cameron said.
“Sweet, looks like you’ve got a lucky charm. Hello, gorgeous,” Ian said winking at Ellen as he walked out from behind the building.
“That I do,” Cameron said smirking before he tried to kiss Ellen’s forehead, but Ellen moved out of the way making Cameron’s smirk disappear.
“What’s with the face, man you won your football game and you got a hot girlfriend. What possibly could be making you sad?” Ian asked.
“She won’t let me kiss her,” Cameron said grumpily.
“Why?” Ian asked before laughing.
“I like teasing him and since when did you think I was hot?” Ellen said smirking.
“Wow it speaks! Ellen, come here and give me a hug,” Ian said.
“All I heard was blah, blah, blah, I’m an asshole. So now will you answer my question,” Ellen said giving him a hug.
“You’re starting to get better with your comebacks. Look I think I’m tearing up a bit,” Ian said hugging her tighter.
“Hey, don’t share my love,” Cameron said to Ellen.
“Ian and I are just friends,” Ellen replied.
“Just best friends!” Ian said smirking.
“The bestest of friends possible,” Ellen said kissing Ian on the cheek.
“One small vanilla and a butterscotch milkshake,” the lady said.
“Thanks,” Cameron said grabbing the ice creams, he handed Ellen hers.
“Thanks, Cam,” said Ellen.
“You’re welcome baby,” said Cameron.
“C’mon let’s sit down, I got my best friend and my boyfriend,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, I’m her best friend,” Ian said taking her hand still smirking.
“Yeah, and I’m her boyfriend,” Cameron said putting his arm around her waist and kisses her neck.
“Cameron, stop,” Ellen said.
“I just want to prove you’re mine,” Cameron says in the crook of her neck causing her to shiver.
“Get a room!” Ian said. Cameron stopped kissing.
“So,” Ellen said awkwardly.
“So let’s sit down,” Ian said pointing to an empty table.
“Ok,” Cameron said taking Ellen’s hand from Ian and swiftly leading her to the table.
“Cameron,” Ellen said laughing.
“What?” Cameron said laughing.
“You’re a dork,” Ellen said.
“But dorks aren’t cute so therefore I am a nerd not a dork,” Cameron said.
“Whatever helps you sleep at night,” Ellen said.
“Hey now, if you have a problem with my cuteness just tell me,” Cameron said.
“Oh I have no problem with it, but there will be a problem if you don’t stop taunting Ian he might hurt you,” Ellen answered.
“Sure he will,” Cameron said.
“I will,” Ian said smirking.
“Wow harsh,” Cameron said.
“Just a little,” Ian said.
“I could take you,” Cameron said.
“Oh yeah I forgot you’ve been in a gang for your entire life and oh wait, that’s me,” Ian said.
“Still could take you,” Cameron said.
“Yeah right you’re all talk no show,” Ian said.
“Let’s go,” Cameron said.
“Not in front of Ellen,” Ian said.
“Aww, pretty boy scared?” Cameron asked.
“No I just want her to see me beat you up,” Ian said.
“I’m so much stronger,” Cameron said.
“Yeah right, do you even lift?” Ian asked.
“Boys, boys you’re both pretty now quit the fake smack talk,” Ellen said.
“Thank you for noticing,” Ian said smirking.
“Oh please,” Ellen laughed.
“She was so talking to me,” Cameron said.
“Seriously?” Ellen whined.
“Seriously,” Ian smirked.
“What am I going to do with you two?” Ellen said face palming.
“I have some ideas,” Ian smirked.
“Virgin ears!” Ellen said covering her ears.
“Oh yeah that’s right you’re a good girl,” Ian said rolling his eyes.
“There’s nothing wrong with that Ellen,” Cameron said.
“It’s cool he can keep rolling your eyes maybe he’ll find a brain back there,” Ellen said smirking.
“Ouch that one hurt,” Ian said.
“Love you,” Ellen said sarcastically.
“But you love me more right?” Cameron asked.
“Of course I love you more, silly,” Ellen said.
“I love you most, princess,” Cameron said.
“Gag, save that for in bed,” Ian said.
“Ian!” Ellen said hitting his arm.
“You can’t hurt me,” Ian taunted.
“You still haven’t answered my question,” Ellen said.
“Well you know what gorgeous I have forgotten your question. Please be a dear and remind me what your question was again,” Ian smirked satisfied with his response
“The question, my dear Ian, was since when did you think I was hot?” Ellen asked.
“Since, like ever, but your Cameron’s girl and I might be bad, but I’m not that bad. Plus you’re like my little sister and it would be wrong of me to bang my sister now wouldn’t it?” Ian asked.
“Ian!” Ellen said in shock.
“Hey now I am a teenage boy I have hormones that I can’t control,” Ian said.
“Why didn’t you ever say anything? I knew you way before I knew Cameron. Did you like me then?” Ellen said.
“Now darling one problem with your question you used the word like; that term refers to an emotional attachment I am not allowed to have those since I grew up in the gang,” Ian said.
“I’m confused,” Ellen said laying her head on the table.
“Ellen I have always found you attractive, but I can’t have a relationship. So I had to stop those feelings from starting. So instead you became my baby sister, anyone who hurt you would die. The gang didn’t find it as a weakness since it wasn’t public knowledge; like you being my actual sister, or my girlfriend. Does that make sense?” Ian asked.
“Kind of I guess,” Ellen said.
“The main point is that you’re my baby sister and I love you, but only in a friendly way,” Ian said.
“I love you, too big brother,” Ellen said giving Ian a hug.
“That was not easy to follow, but I think I got it,” Cameron said.
“I don’t get your gang’s rules. Half the ones you tell us seem so stupid and pointless,” Ellen said.
“My gang is strict,” Ian said.
“Are you ever going to get out of it?” Cameron asked.
“I don’t want to. They are practically my family, they raised me. I don’t think I could leave them,” Ian said.
“We’re your family too, don’t forget us,” Ellen said.
“I could never forget you,” Ian said kissing Ellen’s cheek.
“Good,” Ellen said.
“So was the game fun? Bummed I couldn’t go,” Ian said.
“It was amazing, they killed Monroe!” Ellen said.
“It was exhausting, we’d score they’d lose their downs so fast I wouldn’t have a chance to rest. Then their defense was pretty good so we actually had to work for a first down. We’d only move about three yards per down. It was a long game,” Cameron said.
“It was an amazing game! There was one play that Cameron out ran this kid who was literally right behind him the entire way and scored the touchdown,” Ellen said.
“They had a really good kicker and got a field goal from about the 55 yard line! Dude it was insane! Oh then they had a perfect two-point conversion after their first touchdown. They had us on our toes,” Cameron said.
“Wow, 55 yards! Holy s***,” Ian said.
“Right! It was like perfectly down the center,” Cameron said.
“You did great Cam,” Ellen said kissing his cheek.
“Thanks babe,” Cameron said.
“Sounds like an interesting game I can’t believe I missed it!” Ian said.
“I missed your company,” Ellen said.
“Well at least I get to spend time with my favorite girl even though I couldn’t be there,” Ian said messing up her hair.
“Can you not?” Ellen asked.
“But where’s the fun in that?” Ian retorted.
“Cameron, make him stop,” Ellen whined.
“Nah he’s right this is fun,” Cameron said messing up her hair again.
“Jerks,” Ellen muttered.
“We love you,” Ian said.
“You have very strange ways of showing it,” Ellen said.
“Well you won’t let me kiss you so this is my new way of saying I love you,” Cameron said running his hands through her hair.
“Stop you’re going to take the waves out,” Ellen whined.
“But you look so much more beautiful with straight hair,” Ian said ruffling her hair.
“Stop,” Ellen begged.
“Ian, we should stop, but I think we should get something in return,” Cameron said.
“Yes definitely! I think a kiss is in order,” Ian said smirking.
“His is on the cheek,” Cameron said.
“Jerks,” Ellen muttered before she kissed Ian’s cheek and Cameron’s lips.
“You love us,” Ian said.
“Too much to be mad at,” Ellen said.
“I knew it,” Cameron said.
“But not so much to not get revenge,” Ellen said before stealing Cameron’s milkshake away and drinking some.
“Hey now, that’s not right. You don’t take a man’s milkshake,” Cameron said taking the milkshake back and holding it close to his body as if to protect it.
“You are a dork my friend!” Ian said shaking his head.
“Are you gonna let him talk to me that way?” Cameron said looking at Ellen.
“Ehh, can’t stop em’ join em’,” Ellen said.
“Bam!” Ian said.
“Ell,” Cameron said sadly.
“I love you,” Ellen said with a cheeky smile on her face.
“I love you, more,” Cameron said kissing her cheek.
“I get it you love each other you don’t have to be on top of one another!” Ian said.
“Anything for you, your royal highness,” Cameron said laughing.
“Humorous Cameron,” Ian said. 
“Cammie, I’m cold,” Ellen said.
“Didn’t you bring a sweatshirt?” Cameron asked.
“Yeah, but I kind of maybe left it in your car,” Ellen said sheepishly.
“You’re too cute; I’ll go get your sweatshirt for you, my love. I’ll be right back,” Cameron said.
“Cameron I could go get it,” Ellen said.
“No, I got it. Anything for my princess and plus it’s really no big deal,” Cameron said as he went to his car to grab her sweatshirt.

Dylan and Tom Frey have been tracking Ellen Rallin down ever since they got out of prison. You see it was a cold day in December, school had been cancelled, since South Carolina isn’t used to this much snow. Ellen Rallin was six years old when she witnessed the two men enter the empty house next door. She saw them unloading a large amount of boxes she thought they were new neighbors, so she walked over to the door to greet them. When the door was opened she saw large amounts of money and bags filled with white powder. Tom sent her away saying that they weren’t interested in buying whatever she was selling. Ellen raced home immediately telling her mom that the new neighbors were rich and that they had bags of sugar all over their house. Ellen’s parents called the police right away knowing something wasn’t right. Dylan and Tom were sent to prison on possession of cocaine for 114 months.  Dylan and Tom have spent those nine and a half years in prison plotting to get revenge against her. Finally after almost two years of searching and tracking Ellen down; they found her in the small town of Temperance, Michigan. They immediately made plans to get revenge. Tom and Dylan were going to follow Ellen home from a football game tonight to kill her. Waiting in their car; watching Ellen as she sat on the tailgate of her boyfriend’s truck. Tom wished to kill her now, but they didn’t have a clear shot with all the traffic in the parking lot.
“Tom I can’t believe this is happening, the little b**** is going to finally get what’s coming to her!” Dylan said.
“I know finally after eleven years we’ll be avenged,” Tom said.
“I cannot believe we are so close,” Dylan exclaimed.
“Too close to fail,” Tom said.
“Such a shame we have to kill her, puberty did her wonders. If I got the chance to well you know, I would jump at the offer!” Dylan said.
“You’ve always been a pervert,” Tom said.
“What can I say? Some teenage girls can be very provocative,” Dylan said.
“That’s perverted man!” Tom said shaking his head.
“It’s not my fault,” Dylan said.
“Whatever man, just keep those thoughts to yourself next time. I can’t believe this will be all over by the end of the night!” Tom said.
“I know it just seems unreal that what we’ve been planning for almost eleven years will be achieved,” Dylan said.
“I know eleven years adds up to this,” Tom said.
“Have you thought about what you’re going to do after this?” Dylan said.
“Not really I mean kind of, but not really. What about you?” Tom asked.
“Don’t dodge the question,” Dylan said.
“I’ve been thinking about nothing except killing the b****,” Tom said.
“That’s a lie and you know it,” Dylan said.
“Alright fine, after this job I want to find Katherine I want to start a family with her. Don’t get me wrong we’re still a team. It’s just… what will we do. We have no more connections, no coke to sell, no money, I mean we could do jobs for hire, but that’s it. I don’t want to mess things up with Katherine any more than I already have,” Tom said.
“That sounds like a good plan. Just don’t leave me all alone. I don’t have anyone else,” Dylan said.
“I wouldn’t ever leave you! You’re my little brother I love you and you will always have me,” Tom said.
“Thanks,” Dylan said half smiling.
“You’re thinking about Rachel aren’t you? Dylan stop it’s not your fault. You killed Chad, she’s been avenged. I know you miss her, but you have to move on,” Tom said.
“I won’t ever be able to let her go, Tom! She was the only person I ever cared about and Chad used that against me! My own brother killed my wife! How am I supposed to move on Tom? How? I can’t just let it go! I miss her so much. I see her beautiful face in everything. Everything reminds me of her Tom, everything! She’s all I dream about! I miss her so much and she’s gone because I couldn’t save her! It’s my fault Tom. How do I live with that? Tell me how do I move on from that!” Dylan yelled.
“It’s not your fault! One day you’ll be reunited with her it’ll be okay!” Tom said.
“She was an angel there’s no way I’ll see her where I’m going,” Dylan said.
“Dylan, just because you haven’t lived your life perfect so far doesn’t mean you can’t change it,” Tom said.
“I’m too far lost,” Dylan said.
“Okay, but it’s still your life you chose what and how things happen. You don’t have as much blood on your hands as I do anyways. I mean you’ve only killed Chad,” Tom said.
“Yeah I guess,” Dylan said.
“Compared to me, who killed our entire gang for ditching us, leaving us to be caught by the police,” Tom said.
“They deserved it. Plus thinking about it you probably saved more lives than you took. So it’s not like that’s really that bad,” Dylan said.
“Dylan you’ll be reunited with Rachel I promise,” Tom said.
“How can you be so sure?” Dylan asked.
“You have the potential to change your life around and I’m going to help you do that. Just after I kill the b**** that separated me and Katherine,” Tom said.
“You’d do that?” Dylan asked.
“I’d do anything to see my brother happy again,” Tom said.
“You’re going soft,” Dylan said.
“I was for Katherine I was going to leave. I was going to take you with me. We were going to get out of the gang. That coke deal was going to be my last job. This little b**** had to ruin it and rat us out. You know how we were allowed one phone call. I called Katherine and explained everything, told her when I got out I’d find her. I have been trying to find her, but I’ve had no luck. I will find her and we will be together. No more gang just you, me, Katherine, and our family. Nothing will separate us,” Tom said.
“Wow you really have been thinking about this,” Dylan said.
“I’ve had eleven years to think about it. Eleven years hearing Katherine’s crying voice telling me she’d wait over and over. Regretting every risk I took on that job. I had enough time to think this through. I’ve spent too much of my life away from what matters most to me all because of the gang and then when I’m ready to leave I am put in jail. I’m tired of being away from her. I’m done with this stuff after I put the reason why I’m away from my love in the morgue,” Tom said.
“Why did you never tell me this?” Dylan asked.
“You never asked,” Tom said.
“But you never thought to tell me that you were planning on leaving,” Dylan said.
“I was going to tell you,” Tom said.
“When?” Dylan said.
“I don’t know I needed to find the right time,” Tom said.
“Well the past is in the past,” Dylan said.
“Once we kill this little girl we can move on,” Tom said.
“You never told me how you met Katherine,” Dylan said.
“Didn’t I?” Tom said nervously.
“No,” Dylan said.
“Hey, Ellen’s car is leaving,” Tom said pointing to Ellen’s car.
“Just tell me how you met it’s not that big of a deal,” Dylan said as he pulled out of the parking lot to follow Ellen’s car.
“It was a secret mission and I couldn’t tell you because I couldn’t tell anyone. I was supposed to kill her to prove a point to this guy Robbie, but she was so beautiful I couldn’t pull the trigger. Instead I followed her into this coffee shop and I paid for her drink. Then we started talking and we totally hit it off. I asked her to meet me the next weekend and she happily agreed. Dylan, I swear it was love at first sight. I told the boss I had done it, he didn’t question it. Apparently Robbie backed down I guess, I never asked about the outcome. We had been seeing each other for three months before I thought it was the right time to tell her about the gang. That night I made sure everything was perfect nothing went wrong. I told her that I had to tell her an important part in my life. She told me she needed time to think about continuing to see me. Thank God she forgave me. She didn’t like that I was in a gang, but she turned the other cheek. I love her so much, she is definitely the one and only for me. I have to make things right I have to be done. I was going to leave for her we could’ve been together. Until this little b**** got us caught. I would do anything for Katherine,” Tom said.
“You were sent to kill her, but instead you fell in love,” Dylan said.
“Pretty much,” Tom said.
“That is the most not you thing that could happen,” Dylan said.
“I just couldn’t pull the trigger,” Tom said. 
“That is so romantic,” Dylan said.
“No it was weak. It was the dumbest thing I have ever done and yet it was also the smartest,” Tom said.
“If I didn’t know all the bad things you’ve done I would actually think you have a heart,” Dylan said smirking. Tom punched his arm causing Dylan to moan in pain and say, “I’m driving, idiot. We didn’t come here to die in a car accident.”
“You’re right; we came here to kill Ellen. Staying on that topic her car just turned into Scoops,” Tom said.
“This isn’t my first rodeo I know how to follow a car,” Dylan said.
“No room for errors,” Tom said shrugging. Dylan pulled into the street following the driveway to Scoops.
“Where should we go? This is too open; too many people could see us or our car. Over there is the same. What about across the street, could we get a clear shot? We might be able to,” Dylan contemplated.
“Yeah across the street should work. Go through this subdivision that way we don’t raise suspicion,” Tom said.
“Smart thinking brother, then we can have a clean get away without too much attention from people. Or if we need to we could go camp out in that neighborhood down that street,” Dylan said; pulling out into the neighborhood to make his way over to the parking lot across the street.
“Sounds like a plan,” Tom said. After Dylan parked the car they waited inside to get the perfect shot.
  “They just got out of the car. How slow can they be?” Dylan said.
“Patience, you sound like a five year old,” Tom said.
“I just want this to be over,” Dylan said.
“Me too, but relax her time will come. I swear these breaths will soon be her last,” Tom said.
“You know patience is not my strong suit,” Dylan said.
“Yeah I know I’ve lived with you for my entire life,” Tom said.
“Get out and start to set up,” Dylan said.
“Don’t order me around I’m not your puppy. I am in charge,” Tom said.
“Chill, I didn’t mean anything by it I just wanted you to get in position,” Dylan said.
“You don’t give orders to me,” Tom said.
“Whatever, take your time,” Dylan said.
“I don’t need the attitude,” Tom said.
“What happened to the guy who actually had a heart? I want him back,” Dylan said.
“He was reminded why his heart isn’t full this very moment and he’s going to get his revenge,” Tom said coldly as he set up his sniper behind the passenger door as a cover up.
“Let’s kill this b****,” Dylan said.
“I can’t get a clear shot,” Tom said.
“Who cares about a few casualties, take the shot,” Dylan said.
“But we have to make a clean escape. I can’t do that if I have to take twenty shots to kill her. We have one shot to do this,” Tom said.
“This is why you’re in charge,” Dylan said.
“Does Tyler Jase have a son?” Tom asked.
“I think so, why?” Dylan asked.
“Because he’s sitting with Ellen and her boyfriend,” Tom said.
“What is she doing with a guy like him? He was practically raised in a gang,” Dylan said.
“Who knows, but I swear if he interferes he’s dead,” Tom said.
“Damn he looks exactly like his father,” Dylan said.
“It’s creepy almost,” Tom said.
“His name is Ian, he should be about seventeen,” Dylan said.
“How do you know that?” Tom said.
“Me and Tyler used to be tight before our gangs became enemies,” Dylan said.
“I swear you were friends with everyone,” Tom said.
“Keep friends close and your enemies closer. Plus, a lot of the information I had was valuable when they later became our enemies. I could never keep a friend they all turned on me because of something that was out of my control,” Dylan said.
“Well you kept me and I’ll never turn on you. Neither did Rachel,” Tom said.
“She never gave up on me. Even after she found out that I was in the gang. She still loved me for me, even though I was doing horrible things. She loved me unconditionally. She loved my flaws. She loved me for me. She was my only hope I had left. She was the light in my dark. She was always there for me after a long mission, after a fight, or when I was wounded. She was the perfect girl. I love her, present tense,” Dylan said.
“She was a wonderful person. You two fit together like puzzle pieces. You two were all I ever wanted for me and Katherine,” Tom said.
“You’ll find her again,” Dylan said.
“Yeah, hey look I finally have a clear shot. I’m going to thank Rachel for that,” Tom said as he took his aim.
“Finally,” Dylan said.
“This is for Katherine b****,” Tom said as he pulled the trigger.

At the sound of a gunshot, most people would run in their panic, not Ellen, Ellen was petrified, and she stayed still, as if she were glued to her seat. Cameron heard the gunshot and went running to make sure Ellen was okay.

“Ellen,” Cameron cried out, no answer, all there was, was a loud combination of people’s screams. Ian’s instincts from years of being in a gang kicked in. He lunged toward Ellen protecting her with his own body. The bullet hit his left shoulder; just above his heart. Ian knew he wasn’t going to make it, but he knew his death was in honor; he died protecting the one person he truly loved. Ian strained his eyes trying to find the shooter and eventually caught sight of two guys rushing to get in a car. Ian looked to his left seeing that Ellen’s eyes weren’t open; she was unconscious. Ian waited for death staring at his love.

“I love you, Ellen,” Ian said with his dying breath.

“Ellen!” Cameron said running over. The police cars and ambulances came rushing in the parking lot. Police cars blocked the exits, to make sure that no suspects got away. A police officer walked over to investigate the dead body of Ian.

“Did you see who did this?” the police officer asked.

“No I was getting a sweatshirt out of my car,” Cameron explained.

“Okay, if there’s anything I can do for you just holler,” the officer said.

“Just find the guy who did this and maybe call someone over to help my girlfriend,” Cameron said.

“I’ll do my best, son and yeah, Amanda could you come over here?” the officer asked a paramedic who was standing nearby.

“Yeah sure, what can I do you for Officer Jules?” Amanda asked.

“This girl is unconscious,” Officer Jules said.

“Ellen,” Cameron said.

“Alright well I can take it from here Officer Jules,” Amanda said.

“Good deal,” Officer Jules said.

“Alright sweetheart Ellen is going to be okay everything is going to be okay,” Amanda said.

“Okay,” Cameron said staring at Ellen.
“Timothy, get the stretcher, we have an unconscious patient,” Amanda said.

“Right away,” Timothy said.

“What is your relation to this girl you seem quite worried,” Amanda said.

“She’s my girlfriend going on two years,” Cameron said.

“Well good for you two. Could you contact her parents?” Amanda asked.

“Yeah,” Cameron said.

“Can you call them and tell them to meet us at the Toledo Hospital,” Amanda said.

“Sure,” Cameron said.

“Great, thanks,” Amanda said, with that Timothy finally brought over the stretcher and Cameron helped lift Ellen on the stretcher. Cameron followed her into the ambulance, and called Ellen’s parents.

“Hello?” said Stanley; Ellen’s dad.

“Hello, this is Cameron, meet Ellen and I at the Toledo Hospital,” Cameron said.

“What? Oh my goodness, what happened?” Stanley asked.

“There was a gunshot…,” Cameron started to say.

“A gunshot?” Stanley asked.

“Yeah, but she didn’t get hit, luckily,” Cameron said.

“I’ll see you there,” Stanley said.

“See you there,” Cameron said.
“Lilly, start the car, Ellen’s in the hospital,” Stanley said in the background.

“Okay, bye,” Cameron said.

“Bye,” Stanley said, Cameron hung up, and then called his parents, his dad answered.

“How many people are coming over?” Wyatt said.

“What? None, meet me at the hospital, Ellen is unconscious,” Cameron said.

“Oh we’re on our way,” Wyatt said.

“Okay, see you then, bye,” Cameron said as he hung up.

“Emily, Ellen’s in the hospital,” Wyatt told his wife.

“Oh, no, what happened?” Emily asked.

“Ellen is unconscious,” Wyatt said.

“Oh my goodness, what caused it?” Emily asked.

“He didn’t say, so let’s get moving,” Wyatt said as they raced out to the car, and started for the hospital.

“Stanley, I hope she’s okay,” Lilly said.

“She’ll be fine she’ll be okay. God let her be okay she’s only seventeen,” Stanley said.

“Oh, Stanley she’ll be fine” Lilly said, they already on their way to the hospital.

“Ellen, will be okay, right,” Cameron asked the Amanda.

“Oh, yeah she’ll be fine,” Amanda said.

“Thank you,” Cameron said.

“My pleasure, okay now when we get to the hospital you will have to wait for room assignment in a hallway with Ellen. When we get her a room you will be allowed in because there is no wound,” Amanda explained.

“Alright,” Cameron said. The ambulance came to a stop, the back doors of the ambulance were opened, and Cameron got out and helped Amanda and Timothy with the stretcher. They wheeled Ellen into a hallway and told Cameron to wait her until Dr. Watson or Nurse Kelly came and got them. “It’s going to be okay princess,” Cameron said to Ellen. Then he kissed her forehead.

“Cameron?” A woman in scrubs asked Cameron.

“Yes, are you Kelly,” Cameron asked.

“Yes, we have found a room for Ellen we’ll be in room 215. Tell her parents to check in then they will be allowed up,” Kelly said as she began pushing the stretcher to the room.

“Okay,” Cameron said following Kelly to room 215. When they got in the room Cameron sat in a chair and waited as the nurse did her thing. After a while there was a knock on the door and the doctor came in. After examining Ellen, he said that they would take Ellen and give her a CT Scan. They wheeled Ellen out of the room, only minutes later they returned. Ellen was still unconscious, the doctor said the unconsciousness was normal and said that she should wake up soon there’s no need to worry. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door, Cameron opened it, and it was Ellen’s and his parents.

“Is Ellen, okay?” Lily asked.

“What happened?” Stanley asked.

“Okay, after the game we went to Scoops, I went to get her my jacket, and then there was a gun shot. It looked like Ian jumped in front of her and pushed her out of the way, taking the bullet dying to save Ellen. I ran to Ellen and found her laying on the ground unconscious because in the process of saving her life Ian caused her to hit her head,” Cameron said.

“My poor baby,” Lilly said.

“I took her back to do a CT Scan she’s okay; there’s no nerve damage, no swelling, no signs of abnormal activity, but then again what is normal for the brain? If she doesn’t remember anything when she wakes up call me back in and if she has signs of a concussion after she’s released bring her back. For today she should be fine her vitals look normal, no signs of a concussion yet so she is allowed to sleep if she chooses. I am going to prescribe some pain killers for possible migraines, that should be it, and she should be waking up soon. Oh, and Amanda told me to give this to you and to tell you that if Ellen ever wants psychiatric help to call Amanda. She said she’d be honored to help in any way she can,” Ellen’s doctor said handing Lilly a piece of paper with Amanda’s number on it.

“Okay,” Lilly said.

“I’ll be back with the prescription and then she should be able to be cleared to leave tonight if I don’t find anything after she is awake,” the doctor said.

“Alright,” Stanley said, as the doctor closed the door, Ellen’s eyes fluttered open

“Ellen,” Cameron said.

“Cameron what happened? The last thing I remember is a gunshot and Ian… Oh no Ian! Where is he, is he okay?” Ellen asked.

“He didn’t make it sweetheart I’m sorry,” Lilly said.

“No, he can’t be gone. No, it should’ve been me,” Ellen said starting to cry.

“Ellen do not say that. It’s going to be okay. We’ll get through this together,” Cameron said sitting down next to Ellen in the bed.

“He shouldn’t be dead. This isn’t fair!” Ellen cried into Cameron’s shoulder.

“If Ian were here right now he’d laugh and say life’s not fair too bad suck it up move on and you know he would. He died to save you, don’t let his heroic act go to waste be thankful,” Cameron said.

“You’re right, but it’s still not fair we shouldn’t be here we should still be at Scoops or at his house hanging out with him,” Ellen spoke in between sobs.

“We know sweetheart. It is unfair, but you’re alive and I am grateful,” Lilly said.

“I love you mom,” Ellen said.

“I love you, too sweetheart,” Lilly said.

“Sweet pea you should get some rest, the doctor said it was okay for you to sleep so get some rest,” Stanley said.

“Okay daddy,” Ellen said yawning as she rested her head in Cameron’s lap and fell asleep.

“God dammit you missed,” Dylan said as Tom jumped back in the car.

“No I didn’t miss someone freaking pushed her out of the way,” Tom said.

“Whatever, now what?” Dylan said putting the car into reverse.

“We leave and proceed to stay low. Then kill her when she least expects it,” Tom said.

“Sounds like a plan,” Dylan said as he drove off.

The following Monday, Tom is debating on whether or not he wants to use cyanide or hemlock.

“Which one should we poison her with, cyanide or hemlock?” Tom asked lifting up two bottles for his opinion.

“Cyanide,” Dylan said.

“Okay,” Tom said.

“Yeah, okay,” Dylan said.

“Alright you want to know the plan?” Tom asked.

“Yes,” Dylan said.

“Alright, so we give away bottles of water with the flavor packet stuff in them, then in hers, which we save back for her, we put this in there,” Tom said.

“Cool,” Dylan said, with that they loaded 75 cases into their car, and then loaded 70 boxes of assorted unmarked flavor pouches into their car. Next they drive toward the school. On their way their car broke down.

“Man!” Tom said hitting the car.

“How come this always happens?” Dylan said.

“I don’t know, great we took out our tools when we put the water and stuff in,” Tom said.

“That’s not the worst of our trouble, look at who is coming to help us,” Dylan said.

“Need some help?” the police officer asked.

“No, well yeah, we don’t have the tools,” Tom said.

“Oh, here let me help you then,” the officer said.

“Thanks, that means a lot,” Tom said.

“No problem,” said the officer.

“Well, Officer Jules,” Dylan said reading the officers badge, “Is there anything I could do to repay you?” Tom asked.

“No, it’s a pleasure helping someone who needs help,” Officer Jules said.

“Thanks again,” Tom said as Officer Jules walked away.

“Nice,” Dylan said getting into the car.

“What?” Tom asked.

“Well, he believed every word you said, and didn’t even recognize us,” Dylan said.

“I know, and we haven’t been around here for a while and we have been in jail for the last ten years. We are so getting away with this,” Tom smirked. Tom’s car was pulling into the parking lot at 10:15. “Okay, she’s has fourth hour lunch and fifth hour gym, pick,” Tom said.

“Gym, she’ll be more vulnerable,” Dylan said.

“Good thinking,” Tom said.

“Yeah,” Dylan said.

“Okay, it’s almost fourth hour, so we should check in with the principal,” Tom said.

“Yeah, true,” Dylan said.

“Let’s go, don’t unpack yet,” Tom said as he walked into the school building with Dylan trailing behind him. They walk into office, “Hello, I’m Alijah and this is my partner John, we called Saturday asking to have school time to advertise our flavor packets that you help boost memory,” Tom said.

“Oh yes, we’ve been looking forward to this, go right ahead, set up in the competitive gym,” Principal Weststone said.

“How many kids do you think will want to try it?” Tom asks.

“We have around 1,600 give or take a few, seniors will be all over it so will freshman not sure how much participation you’ll get from the juniors and sophomores,” Principal Weststone said.

“Alright we should have enough for everyone,” Tom said.

“Incredible, most gym classes will be participating,” Principal Weststone said.

“Fantastic the more the merrier,” Tom said.

“Great doing business with you, Alijah,” Principal Weststone said.

“You too, Mr. Weststone, but I’m afraid we have to leave at 12:20,” Tom said.

“Alright well I’ll let you two go get set up,” Principal Weststone said.

“Thanks,” Tom said.

“Yep,” Mr. Weststone said with that Tom and Dylan walked out of the office and started unloading their stuff into the gym.

“Wow,” Dylan said.

“What?” Tom said.

“Think about all the people that will be able to give descriptions of us,” Dylan said.

“Well, too bad for them we are very close to a makeup artist and don’t look like ourselves,” Tom said.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Dylan said.

“Aren’t I always?” Tom said.

“No,” Dylan said.

“Whatever,” Tom said carrying the last box in. They set up the water bottles and poured the cyanide into one of the bottles. Then the bell rang. Tom looked out the door amazed by the flooded hallways. He walked out of the gym to go to the lunch room to make the announcement about the water in the gym. He stared at the amount of kids in the lunchroom as he stood in the front of a table where the supervisors ate. He scanned the room for Ellen with no luck. Next lunch he assured himself. “Hello, students may I have your attention. My name is Alijah and we have a special offer for you. My associate and I have a table set up in the competitive gym ready to serve you free water with the flavor packets that enhances memory. One bottle per person we have six flavors, cherry, strawberry, orange, lemon-lime, blue-raspberry, grape. Come on over and test it out,” Tom said before he walked out of the lunch room with multiple students following him.

The lunch hour went by really fast. The bell rang and Tom went to do his speech again when he bumped into someone by the door.
“Sorry sir I didn’t see you there,” the boy said.
“It’s okay I wasn’t paying attention either,” Tom said looking at the boy trying to remember why he looked so familiar.
“Have a nice day,” the boy said.
“You too,” Tom said walking to the table, but still watching the boy. He soon realized who it was when he saw who the boy went to go talk to. Tom could just barely make out what they were saying.
“Hey Cameron who was that you were talking to?” Ellen asked.
“No idea,” Cameron said laughing. “I walked right into him I was just apologizing.”
“Did you walk into him on purpose?” Joey asked.
“Maybe,” Cameron smirked.
“Cameron Lee,” Ellen scolded.
“That little punk,” Tom thought to himself.
“Sorry Ell, I couldn’t resist,” Cameron said.
“Yeah I’m sure,” Ellen said.
“What are they bickering about now?” Jarred said, as he sat down at the table next to Joey.
“I walked into some guy and Ellen is giving me a hard time no big deal,” Cameron said.
“I thought it would be about how Cameron doesn’t want to wear the tie you picked out for him for homecoming,” Jarred said casually.
“You don’t like your tie?” Ellen asked.
“Oh she didn’t know. Well this is awkward,” Jarred said.
“Ellen I can’t wear a pink sparkly tie,” Cameron said.
“You owe me $20 he told me without apologizing,” Ellen said looking at Jarred.
“Cameron, dude the one time you don’t say sorry,” Jarred said.
“What just happened?” Cameron asked.
“Ellen and I made a bet that she would give you the sparkly tie and we both knew you wouldn’t wear it. She thought that you wouldn’t say sorry or try to work around it that you would just get straight to the point. I thought you would try to make her feel better about you not wearing it. I just lost $20,” Jarred explained.
“You thought I wouldn’t be sorry,” Cameron said to Ellen.
“You hate sparkles,” Ellen said.
“But how did you know I wouldn’t try to make it up to you?” Cameron asked.
“Last year turnabout I tried to get you to wear a bowtie with sequins and you said no sparkles ever. I know sparkles are something you don’t do. I was surprised you didn’t give me back the tie as soon as I gave it to you,” Ellen said.
“You know I’m surprised you can deal with me sparkles are like your life,” Cameron said laughing.
“Well I love you silly,” Ellen said kissing his cheek.
“Gag,” Jarred said.
“Attention students my name is Alijah and I have a special deal for you. In the competitive gym my associate and I have tables with free bottled water and memory enhancing flavor packets for you to try. We have six flavors cherry, strawberry, orange, lemon-lime, blue-raspberry, and grape. Feel free to come down and check it out,” Tom yelled announced to the lunchroom.
“That was the guy I ran into,” Cameron said.
“Nice,” Jarred said.
“Hey guys sorry I got held up by Ms. Fells,” Lyndsay said as she sits next to Joey.
“Lynser, how did your science test go?” Joey asked as he wrapped his arm around her.
“I feel pretty confident,” Lyndsay said.
“That’s great I’m pretty sure I failed,” Cameron said.
“I’m sure you did great Cameron,” Ellen said.
“You guys want to go to the gym to get those drinks,” Joey asked.
“No I’d rather stay in here then be yelled at by some teacher for us to stay in the bleachers,” Jarred said.
“Good point,” Cameron said.
“So how is everyone holding up?” Lyndsay asked.
“What?” Jarred said.
“From losing Ian. How is everyone dealing?” Lyndsay asked.
“Better than Saturday,” Cameron said.
“Fine,” Jarred said.
“Okay,” Joey said.
“Ellen?” Lyndsay asked.
“Struggling,” Ellen said.
“We are all here for you sweetheart,” Cameron whispered in her ear.
“I know,” Ellen said.
“So new topic,” Joey said.
“Hey Ell, come to the bathroom with me,” Lyndsay said.
“Okay,” Ellen said getting up from the table and walking with Lyndsay to the bathroom.
“What’s wrong?” Lyndsay asked.
“He was my best friend. I knew him since kindergarten. Lyndsay it’s so hard to take in the fact that he is gone,” Ellen said starting to cry.
“Ellen, I know this is hard and I know words won’t help, but listen to me. You have great friends that understand what you are going through. We are all here for you all you have to do is reach out. We love you. I love you. You’re my sister and I’m always here. God took him home instead of you. I know that you are feeling guilt and the pain of it should’ve been you. It wasn’t your time. Ian is home safe where he belongs. He may not have done the best things, but he was pure at heart. You know it, I know it, and he knew it. He’s home in heaven. You will see him soon. I will not let you fall back to where you were when we became friends. You will get through this I will be there for you through it all,” Lyndsay said hugging Ellen.
“Thank you Lyns, I love you so much I don’t know what I would do without you. You’ve gotten me through so much,” Ellen said.
“I love you, too. Now let’s get you cleaned up the bell is about to ring,” Lyndsay said.
“Okay,” Ellen said as Lyndsay wiped her tears and touched up her makeup. They walked out of the bathroom and back to the lunch table just before the bell rang. Everyone grabbed their stuff and walked over to the gym. They all had volleyball skills class together. Ellen and her friends walked past Tom to enter the gym.
“You ready to get your butts kicked?” Joey asked Lyndsay and Ellen.
“In your dreams Spencer,” Ellen said.
“We’re going to wipe the floor with you,” Cameron said.
“Please you couldn’t do that even if we played blind folded,” Lyndsay sneered.
“We are going to take you out like the trash,” Jarred said.
“Jarred you were supposed to meet me by my locker,” Haley whined.
“Speaking of trash,” Joey said making everyone laugh except Jarred and Haley.
“Shut it, Joey,” Jarred snapped.
“Am I missing something?” Haley said.
“Oh it’s nothing don’t worry about it,” Lyndsay said.
“Whatever,” Haley said.
“Well I’m going to go change,” Joey said kissing Lyndsay’s cheek.
“See you in a bit,” Lyndsay said.
“Me too,” Jarred said kissing Haley’s cheek.
“Bye babe,” Haley said.
“I guess we should go too. Later,” Cameron said kissing Ellen’s cheek. Ellen and Cameron parted and started walking to the locker rooms when Mrs. Lupin stopped everyone with a whistle.
“Hey, great news the whole hour is hitting,” Mrs. Lupin said there was a series of cheers, “We are also being supplied free drinks by the gentlemen in the competitive gym. Do fifty hits then the rest of the time is yours,” Mrs. Lupin said as more cheers erupted through the gym. Ellen changed into her clothes then partnered with Cameron. Cameron set her up while she got her hits in.
“Cam,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, Ell,” Cameron said.
“I love it when you wear that shirt,” Ellen said.
“I know you do,” Cameron said.
“That’s fifteen,” Ellen said
“Awesome only thirty-five more to go. So, my house later?” Cameron said.
“Yeah we really have to study for Mrs. Potter’s history test. I can’t get any more bad grades or else I’ll fail her class why does she have to grade so hard?” Ellen asked.
“I don’t know she’s a horrible teacher in my opinion,” Cameron said.
“She just doesn’t understand that no one is perfect,” Ellen said.
“You’re perfect,” Cameron said.
“Gag, save it for in private,” Jarred said.
“Like you and Haley do right?” Cameron said.
“Fair enough,” Jarred said.
“Well anyway thanks babe, but I mean it she needs to wake up and realize that no one is going to pass her class if she doesn’t change something,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, she needs a good reality check,” Joey said walking over to Cameron’s side and Lyndsay at Ellen’s.
“Definitely! Hey Joey,” Ellen said.
“Hey Ell,” Joey said.
“Cameron,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, Ell?” Cameron asked.
“I’m done switch me,” Ellen said.
“Okay,” Cameron said as he switched spots with Ellen.
“You’re already done with fifty hits,” Lyndsay said.
“Yeah,” Ellen said.
“Dang girl getting it,” Lyndsay said.
“Try hard,” Jarred yelled.
“Sorry,” Ellen said.
“Sorry I was eavesdropping, but don’t apologize they were amazing hits. You should try out for the volleyball team next year they need someone like you,” Mrs. Lupin said.
“Thank you I’ll definitely consider,” Ellen said.
“Come on faster, the quicker you guys are done the faster I can go run,” Mrs. Lupin said.
“Are you training for another marathon?” Lyndsay asked.
“Yeah, I have one Friday so I won’t be here, but I’ll be at the game, don’t tell Mr. Weststone,” Mrs. Lupin said laughing.
“What’s he going to do?” Jarred asked laughing.
“Yeah seriously, he’s the best,” Joey said.
“Well you guys need to get back to work,” Mrs. Lupin said.
“Alright,” Ellen said.
“How many do you have done, Cam?” Joey asked.
“Twenty-five, give or take twenty-five,” Cameron said.
“So in other words he’s done zero,” Ellen said.
“I’ll be signing autographs after class and don’t worry if you don’t get one today I’ll be here all week,” Cameron said winking at Ellen.
“Get to work Olibe,” Mrs. Lupin shouted from across the room; making everyone laugh.
“I know you want an autograph Mrs. L don’t lie,” Cameron yelled back.
“You know me so well here sign this detention slip,” Mrs. Lupin yelled in return.
“You know I would I just don’t have a pen maybe next week Mrs. Lupin,” Cameron shouted.
“Alright get back to volleyball now,” Mrs. Lupin said.
“Yes mam,” Cameron said saluting her.
“You are something else,” Ellen said throwing the volleyball at Cameron’s body.
“Hey, now how am I supposed to hit that?” Cameron said before he threw the ball back at Ellen.
“You weren’t supposed to it was meant to hit you,” Ellen said.
“I can’t believe you tried to hit me,” Cameron said.
“Why not it seems like something she’d do,” Jarred said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Cameron asked.
“Nothing,” Jarred said.
“So you guys should all come to my youth group tonight,” Lyndsay said.
“Or naw,” Cameron said.
“I’m hanging out with Jarred,” Haley said.
“I’m spoken for,” Jarred said.
“I have to study for Mrs. Potters test. I am sorry Lyns, maybe next week,” Ellen said.
“Oh come on, none of you?” Lyndsay asked.
“Lynser, I don’t do church crowds they judge too much,” Cameron said.
“Do not,” Lyndsay said.
“They immediately label me a jock and stare at me like I’m a foreigner,” Cameron said.
“Lyns, I’ll make sure Cam goes with me next week alright,” Ellen said.
“You better,” Lyndsay said.
“I will I promise,” Ellen said
“You will not,” Cameron said.
“We’ll see about that,” Ellen said.
“I bet she can’t get him to go,” Jarred said.
“Twenty dollars says she can,” Joey said.
“You’re on,” Jarred said.

“Don’t fail me Ellen,” Joey said.
“I won’t and I get half,” Ellen said.
“Twenty-five percent,” Joey said.
“Only five dollars,” Ellen said.
“You just took $20 from me a few minutes ago,” Jarred said.
“But I found these really cute pair of shoes while waiting for Lyndsay in the locker room that are $30,” Ellen said.
“Are they for homecoming?” Joey asked.
“If I got them yes,” Ellen said.
“Then deal Jarred can pay for your shoes,” Joey said.
“Yes! I love you Joey!” Ellen yelled running over to Joey hugging him.
“I love you, too Ell. Now go back to Cameron. He can’t know about us,” Joey said.
“Cameron!” Ellen said as she ran to Cameron jumping on his back.
“Well hello there,” Cameron said.
“Hey,” Ellen said kissing his cheek.
“Do you want to get off me?” Cameron asked.
“I’m good,” Ellen said.
“Alright, I’ve done enough of the hits anyway I was at like thirty-seven anyway,” Cameron said.
“Close enough,” Ellen said.
“Alright you want some water, now?” Cameron said.
“Sure,” Ellen said.
“Let’s go,” Cameron said with Ellen still on his back.
“Wait for us,” Lyndsay said jumping on Joey’s back.
“I’m in a skirt there’s no way I am getting on Jarred’s back,” Haley said.
“No one asked for your life story,” Cameron yelled.
“Whatever,” Haley said. They all walked up to the table where they were serving the waters.
“Well doesn’t that look fun,” John said.
“How are you kids?” Alijah asked.
“Great, you?” Cameron asked.
“I’m doing fantastic. Would you like to try the memory enhancing flavor packs?” Alijah asked.
“Yes,” Jarred said.
“Well we have a couple flavors you can choose from,” Dylan said.
“We’ll take a lemon-lime and a blue-raspberry,” Jarred said.
“I’ll have cherry and what does my lady want?” Joey asked Lyndsay.
“Grape,” Lyndsay said.
“I’ll take a cherry…,” Cameron started to say.
“I won’t kiss you as long as you have the cherry taste in your mouth,” Ellen said.
“On second thought I’ll have a strawberry and she wants a grape,” Cameron said.
“I love you,” Ellen said kissing Cameron’s head.
“Alright give a second,” Alijah said getting Ellen’s water bottle (the one with poison in it) and putting the grape mix in it, then helped Dylan get the others. They placed the bottles in pairs, “Here you go.”
“Thank you,” Ellen said. Cameron grabbed a red one and a purple one. Joey did the same, and Jarred followed suit.
“You’re welcome,” Alijah said nervously.

“Thanks Cam,” Ellen said taking the bottle from Cameron.
“Thanks Joe,” Lyndsay said grabbing the bottle from Joey and opened it. Cameron opened his took one sip and realized that it was cherry.
“Hey Joey I grabbed yours on accident,” Cameron said. Tom and Dylan had realized the mix up, Lyndsay had the bottle with poison in it not Ellen. But it was too late to do anything because Lyndsay had already taken a drink. She started coughing, Joey pulled her off his back, and held her in his arms.
“Breathe Lyns breathe,” Joey said before Lyndsay’s body went limp in his arms.

“Did she just die?” Tom asked.

“Lyndsay, please say something,” Joey said shaking her body. Ellen jumped off of Cameron’s back and ran over to Joey and Lyndsay.

“Lyndsay this isn’t funny get up,” Ellen yelled.

“She’s faking, she has to be faking,” Haley said.

“Lyndsay, no you can’t leave me. Lyndsay no I can’t live without you. Please Lyndsay don’t go,” Ellen said tears streaming down her face. “Someone go get Mrs. Lupin!”

“I’ll go,” Cameron said.

“Lyndsay, I love you,” Joey said kissing her forehead. Joey knelt down to the floor gently laying her body on the floor before he started performing CPR. “I love you, please don’t die.”

“Lyndsay, please fight, come on. Joey I don’t feel a pulse,” Ellen said.

“No, Lyndsay! Dammit!” Joey said hitting his hands on the ground repeatedly. Finally he stopped and put his head on the floor crying.

“I love you Lyns,” Ellen said before kissing Lyndsay’s forehead. “Goodbye.” Ellen said before laying her head on Lyndsay’s chest. Joey picked his head up off the ground.

“I love you baby girl we will see each other again,” Joey said before kissing her lips gently.

“What’s going on?” Mrs. Lupin asked.

“Lyndsay, just died,” Ellen said picking her head up from Lyndsay’s body.

“Oh my gosh, were those two responsible?” Mrs. Lupin asked.

“I don’t know,” Ellen said.
“What was in that water?” Mrs. Lupin asked Alijah and John.

“I don’t know, I just put the mix in there,” Alijah said.

“Ell, are you okay?” Cameron asked.

“No, Mrs. Lupin. What do we do?” Ellen said hugging Cameron.

“Everyone leave the gym, go get changed, class is over,” Mrs. Lupin said. Cameron walked Ellen to the girls’ locker room.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Cameron asked.

“No, Cam, I think they were trying to kill her,” Ellen said.

“No, Ell, that’s preposterous it was one of those freak things, Lyns, probably just had an allergic reaction,” Cameron said.

“No, Lyns, has always loved grape everything, she isn’t allergic,” Ellen said.

“Ellen, those people weren’t trying to kill her, trust me,” Cameron said kissing Ellen, and then started walking toward the guys’ locker rooms.

“Okay,” Ellen said, she walked into the locker rooms, she got changed. The bell rang, everybody flooded out of the gym. Cameron found Ellen.

“You cool now?” Cameron asked.

“Yeah, well no, but I’m better now. So what did you guys do with your extra time?” Ellen asked.

“We just talked. Did you hear about what Garret did to some sophomore, the kid ended up having to go to the nurse,” Cameron said.

“I hate Garret, I hope he gets expelled,” Ellen said.

“I think he didn’t throw the first punch and waited three hits. I think he’s pleaded self-defense,” Cameron said.

“No way,” Ellen said.

“I know, so what’d you girls do?” Cameron asked.

“We talked about Lyndsay and how we will miss her, we cried, you know normal girl stuff,” Ellen said walking to her locker.

“Oh, yeah Joey was crying hard about Lyns. Everyone else was still in shock,” Cameron said opening Ellen’s locker for her.

“Yeah, I bet she died in his arms,” Ellen said.
Mr. Weststone’s voice rang over the P.A. system, “School will be ending as of now. It will be open, but students you are dismissed from the rest of your classes. And buses will be at the school in five minutes.”
“You want to just come straight to my house?” Cameron asked.
“Yeah,” Ellen said she had tears filling her eyes she sniffled every so often.
“Baby, look at me, I’m here now no one can hurt you, you’re safe. I love you baby,” Cameron said holding her chin up to look at him then wiping her tears that had trickled down her face. Ellen hugged Cameron tighter than she ever had before.
“I love you, too,” Ellen said.

“You ready to go study?” Cameron asked
“Yeah, I’ll just text my mom,” Ellen said.

“Okay,” Cameron said.

“Yeah,” Ellen said. Cameron started walking her to the bus, let her get on first, when he got on he tripped, “Oh, Cam, are you okay?” Ellen said laughing.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Cameron said playing it off as nothing.

“Cameron, saved your seat,” Jarred said.

“Thanks, bro,” Cameron said.

“So, Ellen, what’s up?” Jarred said.

“My mind is all over the place,” Ellen said.

“Why wouldn’t it be? Hey if you ever need someone to talk to you know I’m here,” Jarred said.

“Thanks, Jarred,” Ellen said.

“Wait why are you riding the bus?” Jarred asked.
“Oh, I’m going over to Cam’s house to study, then hangout,” Ellen said.

“Nice,” Jarred said.

“Hey, Jarred, Cameron, Ellen. Ellen?” Joey asked.

“They’re “studying” together,” Jarred explained.

“Ahh,” Joey said nodding.

“Really,” Ellen said.

“Sure,” Joey said.

“Ha, look at that girl over there she is all alone reading a book, what a loser,” Jarred said pointing to the girl named Holly, a couple seats in front of them. Ellen saw who it was and memories came flooding back, but she pushed them aside.

“Hey Holly what book is that?” Jarred asked her.

“Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman,” Holly answered putting the book down. Ellen’s memories were too strong for her to push away this time; she had given Holly that book for Holly’s 15th birthday.

“Oh, I’ve heard of that book! Is it any good?” Joey asked.

“It’s amazing one of my friends gave it to for my birthday and this is around the twentieth time I’ve read it,” Holly said.

“What a nerd!” Joey whispered.

“Maybe I could borrow it sometime?” Cameron asked.

“If you want you can have it right now,” Holly said handing Cameron the book. Cameron took it and threw it over his shoulder it almost hit Ellen.

“Alright you’ve had your fun, can you quit it now?” Ellen whispered only loud enough for Joey, Jarred, and Cameron to hear.

“Not quite yet,” Jarred said smirking.

“Jarred, don’t,” Ellen whispered.

“Holly, you want to come over to my house later I’m getting stiff from looking at you with clothes on man I’m dying to see you without them,” Jarred said.
“I would never do that,” Holly said.
“Cameron, make him stop this has gone too far,” Ellen whispered to Cameron.
“Who said you had a choice you pretty little thing,” Jarred said sitting next to Holly.
“Jarred stop,” Ellen whisper yelled.
“J-just leave me alone,” Holly stammered.
“Are you afraid?” Jarred said has he let his hand fall on her thigh.
“Jared Michael so help me I’ll kill you if you don’t stop right now,” Ellen said loudly, but not loud enough for Holly to understand what she said.
“Please stop…” Holly whimpered as Jarred’s hand climbed her leg.
“But I’m having too much fun,” Jarred said smirking tracing her face with his free hand.
“P-please, leave me alone,” Holly said stuttered as tears began to fall down her cheek.
“Shut up and just let it happen,” Jarred said as slapped Holly across the face.
“You dick get away from her!” Ellen yelled causing Jarred to retreat back to his seat next to Joey.

Holly was shaking and crying. For the rest of her ride she was silent, when it was her stop she got off the bus as fast as she could.

“Seriously Jarred, you didn’t have to go that far! I asked you to stop. She seriously thought you were going to rape her! I’m going to rip your throat out,” Ellen said hitting Jarred’s chest repeatedly after Holly got off the bus.

“What do you care?” Jarred said.

“For one; rape isn’t something you joke about douche. Second we used to be best friends, ex’s or not you don’t hurt my friends. Third no one deserves to be treated like that! When will you learn?” Ellen asked.

“She was your best friend until you and Cameron started dating, right?” Joey said.

“Yeah, she got mad at me a lot for never having enough time for her, even though we never hung out much before. She would always be with other friends. She would yell at me for going to parties with him. She would lecture me about how Cam wasn’t a good influence. She wouldn’t stop. One day she told me that I had changed too much and that she had given up on trying to help me and never talked to me again. Ever since I get glares from her friends in the hallways, but she’ll never make eye contact with me. I don’t know I guess she hates me,” Ellen said.

“What a bitch!” Jarred said.

“I don’t know I did change, I might have deserved it, but I never thought I’d lose her,” Ellen said.
“That’s when you and Lyndsay started hanging out, right?” Joey asked.
“Yeah Lyndsay came to my rescue. I swear we were meant to be sisters,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, seriously,” Joey said.
“I’ve never seen to girls that close before and I have two sisters,” Jarred said.
“I loved her she was my family. You all are,” Ellen said.
“I’m going to miss her so much,” Cameron said.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do without her. She is the one who gets me through everything. I wish she was here,” Ellen said starting to cry.
“She was my everything! Why’d she have to leave? Why did she have to die? I love her so much. Please come back! I will always love you Lynser,” Joey said crying.

“Oh, Joey, Lyndsay is in a better place. She loves you present tense. She will always be in your heart. You will get through this and you won’t be alone you have all of us to lean on when you need it,” Ellen said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

“Ellen, you always know what to say,” Joey said.

“Yep, that’s my Ellen,” Cameron said.

“Hey, where’d the book go?” Jarred asked.

“Who knows,” Ellen said. Ellen had actually put the book in her purse.

“Oh well who cares,” Cameron said. The guys started to talk about Friday’s game Ellen zoned out thinking about all the good times she had with Lyndsay. All of a sudden Ellen can’t stop laughing.

“Cameron, stop it,” Ellen said.

“What is he doing?” Jarred asked.

“No,” Cameron said laughing.

“Cameron, stop tickling me,” Ellen said still laughing.

“Say the magic words,” Cameron said.

“I love you,” Ellen said in between laughing. Cameron stopped tickling her.

“I love you, too,” Cameron said as he kissed her.

“Aww,” Joey said.

“Hey, Cammie, I’m tired,” Ellen said.

“You can take a nap in my bed if you want,” Cameron said.

“Cameron, I think you guys aren’t ready to have kids,” Jarred said.

“Jarred you’ve already crossed the line once; watch how far you take this conversation. Not until we are married,” Ellen said.

“Lyn, wanted to have kids when we got married,” Joey said.

“Did she tell you what she wanted?” Ellen asked.

“No, she just said she wanted kids,” Joey said.

“Oh, well I want three kids, two boys, and a girl, and if Cam agrees, which I think he will, we’ll name the boys, Ian Cameron, Joey Jarred, the girl Lyndsay Ellen,” Ellen said.

“I totally agree,” Cameron said grabbing her hand.

“Ha, my name’s first,” Joey said.

“Wow, Joey,” Cameron said.

“Hey, this is my stop, but can I come over?” Joey asked.

“I’m cool with it,” Ellen said.

“Sure,” Cameron said
“Okay, cool,” Joey said.

“Can I come over?” Jarred asked.

“Cam, just Jarred not Haley,” Ellen whispered to Cameron.

“Okay, you can come,” Cameron said.

“Cool, can Haley come,” Jarred asked.

“Not today, okay?” Cameron said.

“Okay, dude I don’t mind,” Jarred said.

“Cam, is your stop like the last stop?” Ellen asked.

“The last,” Joey said.

“Why didn’t you drive to school today? I just want to get off this bus,” Ellen whined.

“Aww, you’re really tired, aren’t you?” Cameron asked.

“Yeah, tired,” Ellen said kind of vaguely.

“Hey guys I’m going to talk with Ellen for a couple minutes. Babe, are you okay?” Cameron asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Ellen said as she turned her head toward the window.

“Ellen, look at me. You know you can tell me anything,” Cameron whispered in her ear. Cameron put his hand under her chin pulling her head toward him so she was facing him.

“What is there to talk about? You and I both know why I’m not okay I don’t think there are words to describe what I’m going through right now okay. When I know how to describe it I’ll talk to you I promise,” Ellen said trying to hold back tears.

“I understand, Ell you know I’m here for you whenever you need me. I love you to the ends of the Earth,” Cameron said kissing Ellen’s forehead.

“I love you, too Cammie,” Ellen said.

“We are at my stop now. Are you ready?” Cameron said.

“Yes!” Ellen exclaimed.

“Okay,” Joey said. They got off the bus and walked to Cameron’s house. She took a nap in Cameron’s bed. When she woke up Cameron was sitting on the bed, Joey was sitting in a chair and Jarred was lying on the floor.

“Hello, beautiful,” Cameron said wiping the hair out of Ellen’s face.

“Hello, cutie,” Ellen said kissing Cameron.

“So, what do you guys want to do?” Joey asked.

“Let’s play horse outside,” Jarred said.

“Yay! I love that game,” Ellen said.

“I thought you had to study for history,” Jarred said.

“Oh yeah, well, horse is better,” Ellen said.

“Agreed!” Cameron said.

“Then let’s go play!” Joey said.

“Ok I’ll be out in a minute,” Ellen said she hid Not a Fan in Cameron’s room for him to find later with a note in it saying: This book changed my life once, read it for me please. Love, Ellen. Then Ellen walked outside to the basketball net.

“So, Ellen you ready to lose,” Jarred said.

“No, but you’d better be,” Ellen said.

“Is that a challenge?” Jarred asked.

“You know it,” Ellen said.

“Then let’s play,” Jarred said.

“Bring it on,” Ellen said. They played for a half an hour when finally Jarred lost.
“Guess who lost? It’s Jarred!” Joey said.
“Shoot, I lost,” Jarred said.
“Yeah you did,” Ellen said laughing.
“How did Ellen make it without any letters?” Jarred said.
“Because I am amazing,” Ellen said.
“Yeah, amazing,” Jarred said rolling his eyes; everybody could hear the sarcasm in his voice.
“She is too amazing!” Cameron said.
“Cameron, stop,” Ellen said.
“Well, you are,” Cameron said kissing Ellen on the cheek.
“You are, too,” Ellen said kissing Cameron on the lips.
“You still want to study?” Cameron asked.
“No, but we have to,” Ellen said.
“Alright,” Cameron said.
“Cameron, I’ll catch up with you at school tomorrow, I got to go meet Haley at her place,” Jarred said.
“Whipped,” Joey said.
“Call it what you want, I call it being a good boyfriend,” Jarred said.
“Whipped,” Joey said.
“Whatever,” Jarred said.
“Later Jarred,” Ellen said giving him a hug.
“Bye, Jarred,” Cameron said.
“I’m going to go, too. Later Cam, bye Ell,” Joey said.
“Bye,” Ellen said giving him a kiss on his cheek.
“Text me later, Joey,” Cameron said.
“Will do pal,” Joey said as he and Jarred started walking away.
“Cam,” Ellen said.
“Let’s go inside,” Cameron said.
“Okay, well I don’t think we are going to have that test tomorrow so we don’t really have to study,” Ellen said
“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Cameron said.
“It’s only been three days since Ian died. Cameron, why did Lyndsay have to die?” Ellen said as she started crying into his shoulder.
“I don’t know baby. I wish I did though,” Cameron said.
“I miss them!” Ellen said.
“Me too, Ell. I miss them a lot,” Cameron said.
“Promise me I will always have you,” Ellen said.
“Baby, I can’t control that but I promise you I will always be here for you when it’s possible,” Cameron said.
“I love you! Please don’t ever leave me,” Ellen said.
“Ellen…,” Cameron said sighing.
“What?” Ellen asked.
“It’s 8:30, I should take you home,” Cameron said.
“Aww, already?” Ellen said pulling away from Cameron.
“Yep, let’s go. I’ll drive you home,” Cameron said. Cameron led Ellen to his car. He drove her home, when they got there Ellen saw that her brother’s friends were walking home from playing who knows what. Perfect timing, she thought.
“We’re here,” Cameron said giving Ellen a good bye kiss on the forehead.
“No PDA on the premises,” Elliot told Ellen jokingly.
“Get over it Sport,” Cameron said kissing her this time on the lips making Elliot laugh.
“Bye, Cam, see you tomorrow at school,” Ellen said getting out of his car.
“Bye Cameron,” Elliot yelled.
“Sport I almost forgot is tomorrow okay for our guys’ night?” Cameron asked.
“Sis, do you have your car back tomorrow?” Elliot asked Ellen.
“I should,” Ellen said.
“Sounds like a plan Cameron,” Elliot said.
“Awesome! I can’t wait, Sport,” Cameron said.
“Bye Cameron see you tomorrow,” Elliot said as he and Ellen waved to Cameron drove away.
“Elliot, sometimes I think my boyfriend likes you more than me,” Ellen said.
“He does!” Elliot asked smirking.
“I was joking,” Ellen said laughing.
“I wasn’t,” Elliot said as he and Ellen walked into the house.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience Alijah, but by procedure we are going to ask that you to not leave town under the circumstances of possible manslaughter. Once we get the autopsy report back we will let you know,” Officer Jules said to Tom and Dylan.
“That’s alright we understand,” Tom replied.
“Have a good rest of your day,” Officer Jules said.
“You too, sir,” Dylan said.
“Oh my god, you are an idiot!” Tom said to Dylan after Officer Jules left.
“What did I do?” Dylan asked.
“I don’t know, it just was your fault,” Tom said.
“How would I know they would grab the wrong bottles?” Dylan asked.
“I don’t know I’m just mad so I blamed it on you, okay?” Tom said.
“Okay, whatever,” Dylan said.
The next day Dylan and Tom are getting ready for their next attempt to kill Ellen.
“We need to get focused on how we are going to kill her and this time make sure she dies. Plus the school won’t allow us there, so we have to go under cover in different disguises. Are you ready?” Tom asked.
“Yes,” Dylan said.
“Okay, get matches, ropes, and a can of gas. I’ve got a plan,” Tom said.
“Okay,” Dylan said he searched through a box for some rope, then grabbed a few boxes of matches and then found a can of gas and gave them to Tom.
“Good, now we get our disguises on and go to the school ask to check the boiler room then set our trap for the girl, no matter what we set it on fire at 12:00, you got it?” Tom asked.
“Yes, sir,” Dylan replied.
“Okay, then let’s go,” Tom said.
“Alright,” Dylan said. They drove to the school once again, signed in at the office, and then were shown where the boiler room was.
“Okay, I’ll go nab the girl while the little brats are switching classes,” Tom told Dylan.
“Okay,” Dylan answered. Tom went out to look for Ellen, but she was with her boyfriend. Tom decided he would grab both of them. So he starts walking over when a boy walks up to them and starts talking to them so he backs off.
“Ellen, you want to ditch Cameron and come spend the night with me?” the boy; Garret said putting his hand on Ellen’s cheek.
“Get away from me,” Ellen said removing his hand from her face.
“Oh, Ellen you know you don’t want Cameron, you want me. Come on girl all you gotta say is one word, yes,” Garret said.
“Garret, she asked you to go away,” Cameron said.
“Stay out of this Cameron. Ellen, baby, back to my question,” Garret said.
“Leave me alone,” Ellen said.
“Ellen, girl, come on,” Garret said laughing.
“She said leave her alone,” Cameron said.
“Oh, yeah, well I said stay out of it,” Garret said punching Cameron in the face. Cameron fell backwards into a locker.
“Cameron!” Ellen shrieked.
“You’re coming with me,” Garret smirked as he grabbed and dragged Ellen into an empty nearby classroom. Tom couldn’t do anything now he would have to wait to grab her.
“No!” shouted Ellen.
“Be quiet!” Garret slapped Ellen, she whimpered. He pushed her to the floor and straddled her.
“What are you…?” Ellen started to say but she was interrupted by Garret slapping her.
“I said be quiet!” Garret yelled. He stripped off his shirt and used it as a gag for Ellen’s mouth.
Cameron opened his eyes and groaned. Garret punched him hard, but not hard enough to knock him out. Cameron noticed that both Ellen and Garret were gone and that couldn’t have been good. Cameron sprinted to the main office to get help he found Mr. Weststone and they frantically searched for Ellen.
Garret was now running his hands up and down Ellen’s body. He slid his hands under her shirt. Ellen tried to wiggle free, but Garret had her pinned to the floor. He laughed at her attempt to free herself he thought it was quite pitiful actually. He pulled his hands out from underneath her shirt and slid his body down on hers and started playing with her belt to tease her.
“Ellen, you aren’t going to be able to move once I’m through with you. I wonder how long it would take me to get a b**** if I took off your pants. Just thinking about it is making me stiff,” Garret taunted. Ellen cried out for help, but it was muffled by Garret’s shirt. “You’ll be screaming louder once I begin.” Garret smirked and started to unbutton her pants.
The door bursts open Mr. Weststone and Cameron came in.
“Garret Griffin, stop right now, or you’re expelled,” Mr. Weststone said.
“Damn it,” Garret mumbles.
“Get off of her,” Mr. Weststone yells.
“If I’m never going to see her again I might as well make this worthwhile,” Garret said as he unbuttoned her pants, causing a muffled scream.
“Get away from her!” Cameron yelled.
“Don’t come near me or she dies,” Garret said pulling a knife out of his pocket.
“Garret, please don’t do this to her she doesn’t deserve it,” Cameron begged.
“I love her Cameron just as much as you do. I get rejected daily from her, do you understand how hard that is? No you don’t because use you can touch her whenever you like. Give me one minute,” Garret said pulling off Ellen’s shirt. Ellen screamed for help.
“Garret you are being expelled,” Mr. Weststone said.
“I know, but it was worth it she’s so perfect,” Garret said kissing Ellen’s stomach slowly climbing up to her neck. Then he stopped and kissed her head saying, “At least you will still be happy without me bothering you every day I love you Ellen.” With that he got off of Ellen.
“YOU ARE EXPELLED! MY OFFICE NOW!” Mr. Weststone yells.
Cameron runs over to Ellen untying the shirt from around Ellen’s head and covering Ellen with his body. He grabs her shirt that Garret threw putting it over her head.
“Are you okay, Miss. Rallin?” Mr. Weststone asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine just a shaken up that’s all,” Ellen said.
“Ellen,” Cameron said.
“Cameron,” Ellen said hugging him.
“Okay, now Cameron take Ellen to the nurse,” Mr. Weststone said.
“Yes, sir,” Cameron said.
“Let’s go, Griffin,” Mr. Weststone said.
“Ugh,” Garret muttered. The principal walked away, with Garret.
Tom had given up on the mission so he just left the building.
Garret had slipped away from Mr. Weststone and had gone to his usual spot to skip classes; the boiler room. Garret opened the door and saw Dylan. Dylan pulled Garret into the room and started tying Garret to a chair.
“Look at what snooping around does. Who are you? What are you doing here?” Dylan questioned.
“Garret Griffin and I just got in trouble I slipped away from Mr. Weststone; this is my normal hiding spot. Please don’t hurt me!” Garret begged.
“Sorry kid witnesses can’t survive. This won’t hurt a bit you’re only going to burn to death. Good bye Garret have fun,” Dylan said with a smile on his face thinking to himself well if I can’t kill two witnesses might as well kill one when you have the opportunity. Dylan gagged Garret and started getting ready to light the school up. He grabbed the gas can and poured it over Garret the trailed the gas to the boiler. This will work for sure half the school will be engulfed in flames before any help could arrive, but too bad it wasn’t Ellen tied to the chair. Dylan tied another rope around Garret and trailed the end of the rope away from the gas to give Dylan and Tom time to get out of the school. Dylan looked at Garret then to his match, lit the match, waved tauntingly to Garret, and then lit the end of the rope on fire causing the flame to climb the rope. Dylan ran out of the school meeting Tom at their car.
“Help! Help! Somebody, please help me!” Garret yelled at the top of his lungs, but the gag made it impossible for anyone to hear. It was too late no one could get in to save him in time. The boiler exploded creating a conflagration. The school evacuated, after role call they figured out that Garret was missing and the firefighters went in and searched for him when they found his body burnt to a crisp tied to a chair.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Ellen went home that night thinking about Garret, and how even though he was a total jerk and had just attempted to rape her, he was a person too, and he had a family who will love and miss him. Ellen was sitting in her room on her bed when she realized that she was crying, crying over Garret. Ellen couldn’t stop crying, she didn’t understand why, because she didn’t like Garret, he wasn’t her friend, in fact he harassed her, always touched her inappropriately, and not to mention Garret had just attempted to rape her. Her phone started to ring, it was a number she didn’t recognize she quickly gathered herself back to normal and answered the phone.
“Hey, I know it’s been a long time since we’ve talked. I want to apologize I shouldn’t have left you just because you were dating Cameron and became popular. Please, forgive me. I get it if you can’t, but know this I will always be here if you want to talk. Remember how I said that I couldn’t help you if you had boy trouble, but if you lose someone close to you I know how you feel and I’m here to help. Ellen, if it’s not too late I would like to repair our friendship,” said an old familiar voice on the other side of the telephone.
“Oh, Holly of course I forgive you! Will you forgive me? I have been so mean to you ever since we split,” Ellen said.
“Of course! Wow it’s so nice to hear your voice. If I’m not mistaken you just got done crying right?” Holly asked.
“How’d you know?” Ellen asked.
“I was your best friend, Ellen, I can tell how you feel just by your voice,” Holly answered.
“Oh Holly, I’ve missed you so much!” Ellen said.
“Same, I miss my blonde,” Holly said.
“Ha! Would you come over? I could really use someone and Cameron is hanging out with Joey,” Ellen said.
“Sure, I’ll be over in a few,” Holly said.
“Thanks! You’re the best,” Ellen said.
“Well, bye,” Holly said.
“Bye,” Ellen said hanging up the phone. She started crying again. Ten minutes pass and finally the doorbell rings, Ellen runs downstairs, to see her mom has already gotten the door.
“Holly! Wow, have I missed seeing you. It’s been so long,” Lilly; Ellen’s mom said welcoming Holly into the house.
“Too long,” Ellen said running to Holly and giving her a hug.
“Yes it has,” Holly said.
“Well, I’ll let you girls catch up,” Lilly said. Ellen and Holly went upstairs to Ellen’s room.
“Holly, how do I do it? First Ian gets shot saving my life, and then Lyndsay drops dead on the floor in front of me, and now Garret. Holly, I have lost two people I was super close to. What did I do to deserve this?” Ellen asked Holly.
“Ellen, I’m sure you’ve done nothing wrong. It’s not your fault and no one knows how to deal with it. It just takes time, with time comes healing. God, has a plan for you, he loves you, he isn’t finished with you,” Holly replied.
“He has a plan for me? If he loves me why would he put me through all this pain? Holly, I’m pretty sure he finished his plan with me as soon as I stopped going to church. He probably doesn’t even care about me anymore,” Ellen said.
“I don’t know why he would put you through this pain, no one does, but if we all knew would he really be God? He is never finished with you until you go to heaven. He cares for you so much more than you could ever understand, he knows your every thought, your next move, he knows how many hairs there are on your head, he knows how you feel, he knows what his plans are for you, and he loves and cares for you with an unconditional love. In Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11 it says, ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future,’ see God cares about you so much and has plans to prosper you, not to harm you. He has not forgotten about you and he is definitely not done with you!” Holly said.
“Holly, I don’t get it you say he doesn’t want to hurt me, but yet I am feeling so much pain right now I’m so hurt. I just don’t understand! If he loves me why doesn’t he take away the pain?” Ellen said now starting to cry.
“Ellen, he loves you, he really does, and I didn’t understand why he took my parents away from me. But now I get why, it was so I would listen to you, so that I would move to Bedford, to meet you, for you to invite me to church, and for you to change my life. My pain had a purpose and so does yours, you may not understand it yet, but it will become clear when it needs to,” Holly said giving Ellen a hug.
“Holly, that’s you not me. He doesn’t care about me anymore. I can’t feel him like I once did. Plus, if he was trying to bring me back to him, why would he take away Lyndsay who was always trying to get me to go to church?” Ellen asked as she sobbed.
“Sometimes the guilt trip is the way to go, now that she’s gone you might feel this guilt that you should’ve gone with her one night,” Holly said.

“Holly, I’m just so hurt, why did he forsake me, doesn’t the bible say he won’t ever leave me or something like that?” Ellen asked.

“The bible does say that actually in Deuteronomy 31:5-7 it says, ‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you,’ Ellen, please understand that God hasn’t left you. You just can’t see him through your pride, your sins, and your stubbornness,” Holly said.

“My pride? How would that stop me from seeing God? My sins? I don’t commit that many. How does my stubbornness even become a factor in this?” Ellen said.

“Your pride, perfectly exampled right there, you said you don’t sin that much, you had this smirk on your face, which is pride. Psalms 10:4, ‘In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.’ Your sins, sins separate us from God, that’s a given. Your stubbornness, in our stubbornness we as humans don’t want to admit that we are wrong and we especially don’t want people to correct us,” Holly explained.

“I still don’t get why he is putting me through all of this! Holly, I just lost my best friends and Garret. Holly, I started crying thinking about Garret, I don’t get why either. He is a pervert, was so mean to people, and today he tried to rape me. Why am I crying over him? Maybe it was because he liked me or I don’t know Holly I don’t get it. Maybe it’s because all of his friends now don’t have him, and his family, I’m so confused. Holly, I just want this to be over I want to understand, I want Ian and Lyndsay back! Holly, I want them back!” Ellen cries out into Holly’s shoulder, her tears are basically just a constant flow of water.

“It’s going to be okay. I know you want them back, I get it. Trust me I do. Oh, my goodness it’s already four I have to go I have Fine Arts practice in fifteen minutes. I’m sorry I have to go, unless you want come with me, I’m sure everyone would be so happy to see you back. We miss you, you were so energetic! If you want I’m sure you could watch us practice and since the season just started maybe you could join,” Holly offered.

“I’d like that. Let me get fixed up. Holly, you’re the best I don’t know how I have lived without you for so long,” Ellen said. Ellen washed up put on some make-up and threw her hair up into a messy bun. When she finally was ready she walked out to Holly’s car. Holly drove to the church. Holly got out and walked into the church, Ellen followed her.

“Talia, I brought an old friend. Do you remember Ellen? She stopped coming a while ago,” Holly asked her Fine Arts group leader.

“How could I forget her? Come here! It’s been too long. Banyon misses seeing you at Everfree. So how’s it been?” Talia asks Ellen giving her a hug.

“It’s been good until last Friday. My friend Ian was shot because he jumped in front of me, yesterday, my best friend Lyndsay died, and today the school went up in flames taking with it Garret, who wasn’t my friend, but it’s still sad. It has been tough,” Ellen said.

“I heard about Ian and the fire, I’m sorry about Lyndsay at least you still have Holly,” Talia said.

“Yeah, I have Holly,” Ellen said giving Holly a side hug.

“Ellen? Ellen Rallin? Am I seeing correctly? Wow, it’s been a while since we’ve seen you,” Travis; the youth pastor and the head leader of Fine Arts said.

“Yes, it’s me. It has been too long,” Ellen said.

“Are you here to fill that spot we have been needing someone to fill?” Travis asked hopefully.

“No, I just came with Holly, but I might be interested in filling it if it works out with my schedule,” Ellen said.

“Well you’re welcome to join if it works we’d be glad to have you. I’m sure a ton of people will be glad you’re here,” Travis said.

“Okay,” Ellen said smiling. They walked into the worship center where their Fine Arts team practiced. Everybody immediately ran over to Ellen. Ellen looked at all the familiar faces; team one human video is mostly made up of seniors and juniors so these are the people she had come to church with before she left. She saw so many people she remembered; Levi, Zach, Brady, Ryan, Banyon, Katlynn, Alicia, Shea, and Morgan.

“Morgan…,” Ellen said barely above a whisper

“Ellen,” Morgan breathed out.

“Morgan… I’m so sorry I just in school I can’t look at you without feeling everything that happened and leaving here it was so hard at the time, but now I just live without any memory of it. I used to be a different person and when I look at you I remember that person and I just can’t deal with that at school I’m sorry,” Ellen said.

“It’s okay I understand I just miss you! We all do! You should really come back that girl you used to be she was pretty cool,” Morgan said.

“That girl is gone will the new girl suffice?” Ellen asks laughing
“Of course she is perfect! Just come back! We need you!” Morgan said laughing.
“Gosh I’ve missed you!” Ellen said hugging Morgan.
“I’ve missed you so much! I just can’t believe you’re here! You should join our team we need someone and you’d be perfect,” Morgan said.

“No well I might if it works out. I doubt it will and plus no one else probably wants me on this team anyways,” Ellen said.

“I’d want you on this team,” Brady said as he gave her a hug, “Miss Ellen is at church? Wow, I never thought I’d live to see the day when you’d return.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Ellen asked in offense pulling away from him.

“Nothing, well it means that I missed seeing you at church and I missed catching you staring at me,” Brady said smirking.

“Well, the last part won’t happen ever again because I’m taken,” Ellen said winking.

“Oh yeah,” Brady rolled his eyes, “Why isn’t Cameron here?” Brady asked.

“Umm, you’re funny, the great Cameron Olibe, here at a church? Never! He’s hanging out with Joey. When I tell him that I was here he’ll probably make fun of me,” Ellen replied.

“Don’t give up because who’d ever think that’d I’d end up as a “regular”? Why don’t you ask him to come to the youth group party on Saturday it’s just going to be fun, hanging out, no sermon, just fun. He couldn’t say no to that could he?” Brady said.

“I guess not and what’s the worst that could happen?” Ellen said.