corruption | Teen Ink

corruption

October 1, 2019
By bisd26515, Burkburnett, Texas
More by this author
bisd26515, Burkburnett, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

September 17 at 9:23pm down avenue B.,

In Milton Massachusetts a man lays in a pool of his own blood. Matthew Collins has been called out to investigate the murder. The man has a bullet wound in the middle of his chest passing through his thoracic cavity into his heart. The shot is too perfect for scentless murder, who ever did this is an expert. But no crime is perfect the shell casing was left on the ground. Matt sent the casing to forensic for fingerprint testing. Matt check with all possible witnesses and cameras. Nothing only casing that was the only lead.  The next morning Matt went down to the forensic lab to see if they have found a match. The casing is gone and there’s no case file. Matt immediately goes to the police captain to tell him the situation.

“Sir, we have a problem.” 

“What's the problem Matthew.” 

“The shell casing is gone and there’s no case file”

“I see,” I said uncomfortably calm.

“around here things go missing all the time and the same thing happens to people who poke around.”

Matt is sick to his stomach finding out about his boss being corrupt.


September 18 at 12:42am at 693 david dr.,

As he walks down the corridor of the police department solemnly. Everyone is staring at him as if he’s a dead man walking which he’s getting a sinking feeling that he is. He opens his locker to gather his things and leave this god forsaken police department. When all of a sudden Matt feels a sharp pain in his lower back. He falls to his knees and his head is slammed into the locker. He collapsed to the ground. He is repeatedly struck and kicked by the other police officers. The pain subsided because all Matt could think was how their all going to pay. After they were done one of the officers lend over and said to Matt,

“Hopefully this taught you not to stick your nose were it doesn’t belong.”

He got up and walked away. Matt lays on the floor blooded and broken. Matt struggles to say, 

“Now, now it’s war.”


1:32pm at 284 Martin street,

Matt enter his house limping and caring to his wounds. His wife, Mary, immediately ran to his side and help him to the couch. 

“Who did this to you?” pleaded Mary. Matt explained everything that happened. Which left both of them dumbfounded about what to do next. Matt tells her he will figure out a way to stop them. The entire police department is corrupted. They tried to not think about it and watch the news where the CEO of Lincoln oil just opened a new homeless shelter. 

“At least there’s some good people still left in the world.” Said Matt optimistically. 

“Do you really think you can stop who ever is causing this?” Questions Mary. 

“I don’t think I know.”


11:48pm at 520 Smith street,

Matt scopes around the police captains house. Two stories, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and an office. Surrounded by a five foot fence. The office is on the top floor. Matt was able to hop the fence and ran up to the electrical box . He was able to open the garage door. Matt carefully sneaked up the stairs. Every step was gamble hoping that they wouldn’t make a noise. He made his way to the office. Matt walked to the door and slowly opened it. The layout is like most other offices a desk in the middle with a computer and shelving units by the walls. Matt check every paper, document, and drawer. Until he found it the missing case file and shell casing, with a check and a burner phone. Matt left the same way he came in. Once he entered his car the phone rang.


12:07pm at 284 Martin street,

“Who is this?” 

“I tried to warn you to walk away but you didn’t listen. I give you one last chance to walk away Mr. Collins. I’m afraid if you don’t you’ll be in your grave soon.”

Then silence, unnerving silence. Matt sat the phone in the cup holder and sped off. He knows Matt’s name meaning that he came to hurt his family. Matt has his wife stay with her mother’s house in New York. Matt is on his own he can’t call any of his friends or family for help at the risk of them getting killed. The only thing he knows for sure is that he has to figure out who’s behind this.


September 19 at 10:59pm at Melon avenue,

Matt tracks down one of the corrupted police officers Nattan Wilson. Nattan leaves a bar and is walking to his car when Matt pulls him into an alley. Matt slams him into the cold wall.

“Who do you work for?”

“I can’t tell you he’ll kill me! I never wanted to do this but I have no choice he threaten my family”

“I can help you but you have to tell me who he is.”

“Wilford lincoln” 

Matt lets him go and walks away. The CEO of Lincoln oil is the guy behind it all. A car pulls up and three men grab Matt and throws him in the car.


11:37pm at 42th street,

Matt wakes up and is tied to a chair at a dinner’s table. On the other end of the table is Wilford. He is cutting into his steak and begins to talk.

“Hello Mr. Collins how I wish you would go.”

“Why am I still alive?” 

“I like you Collins you skills would be of great service so this is my last offer Mr. Collins you can work for me or die. The choice is up to you.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“I’m trying to make this city a better place by controlling crime.”

“It doesn’t give you the right to be judge jury and executioner.” 

“I think It's a small price to pay for everyone's benefit”

“Why did you kill that man?’

“He knew too much and wouldn’t comply like you”

“You won’t get away with it.”

“You don’t have any evidence to prove anything.” 

Matt began to smile. 

“Why are you smiling?” 

“Because you gave me all the evidence I need.”

 Matt holds up his phone.

“I’ve recorded this whole conversation and just send it to my friends at the FBI.”

“What how did you break free.” 

“I always have something up my selves.” Matt shows the knife hidden in his selves. 

“You didn’t think about one thing.” 

“What's that?” Wilford stands up and shots Matt in the chest. Matt hits the ground lifless. A man lays in a pool of his own blood. Wilford and his men leave. Matt opens his shirt to reveal a bullet proof vest with and exploded blood pack. 


September 20, 

Wilford lincoln was arrested for 1st degree murder, enbesment, and tapering with evidence. Wilford lincoln will stand trial on November 13. If convicted he could face the death penalty or spend life in prison. Matthew Collins has been promoted to police captain. Matthew Collins is determined to make this city a better place.


 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.