Teresa and the mirror | Teen Ink

Teresa and the mirror

October 25, 2020
By Vulture1102 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
More by this author
Vulture1102 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you are right-Henry Ford


The author's comments:

i spent a while on this and in all honesty, this is a prequel to another story. If you would like said story, please let me know:)

1775

“You see this Teresa?” Teresa’s father, Johnathan was saying,”this mirror is what your going to have to look at when you get in trouble”

     “But why dad?” Seven year old Teresa said

“Because it will make you feel ashamed of what you did” Jonathan said.

      “Ok” Teresa said,”but, can you tell me what it says at the top?”

“Oh c’mon Teresa, you can read”

    “Not too well” Teresa whispered.

Jonathan sighed

     “Fine, it says, ‘the mirror of consequences’.”

But Teresa had already gone chasing after a butterfly outside.

 


 

Chapter one

 


 

1777

“I’m starting to regret moving to Boston”, Jonathan was saying.

     “Why?” Teresa’s mom, Julie asked.

“Because people are rebelling again!” Jonathan shouted! “As though Lexington and Concord were not enough!”

      “Why are you mad at them dad” now nine year old Teresa asked.

“Because I am loyal to the king!” Jonathan said loudly

      “Honey,” Julie said,”calm down. Teresa, sweetheart, here’s some money,why don’t you go get the newspaper?”

     “Ok, mommy” Teresa said, and she left. 

Right as she got to the newspaper stand, the man selling the newspapers started talking to her.

    “Hi there little girl, what’s your name?”

“Ummm, I’m not supposed to tell strangers my name” Teresa said.

       “True, So never mind the name, can Interest you in a paper?”

“Yes pleases” Teresa said

“What do yo-“, he was cut off by a yell

    “TERESA! What are you doing?!” Jonathan yelled

“I….I….” Teresa stuttered.

     “Come home NOW!”

Jonathan turned to the newspaper man, and said,”stay away from my daughter”

   Jonathan never let Teresa go out on her own. He was worried she’d be killed, or kidnaped, or worse.

They got home and as soon as they did, her father spoke, in a calmer tone.

    “Mirror” He said,”now”

“Ok” Teresa said in a scared voice.

      She looked in the mirror and glanced at herself. Then, something else appeared in the mirror, it was a dark mass, resembling an adult male.

 


 

Chapter two

 


 

“Hi there, Teresa” the voice said,”my name is Tom”

      “Shhhhhh” Teresa whispered,”my dad will hear you”

“He won’t,”Tom said,”nobody can hear me but you”

“Oh,ok then…...hi”

       “Why are you here?” Tom asked.

“I was talking to strangers When I wasn’t supposed too,” Teresa mumbled

     “Well, let’s not do that anymore, ok?” Tom said cheerfully

“Yeah, I won't,” Teresa said.

They heard her fathers footsteps approaching.

    “Ok then, talk soon, ok?” Tom whispered 

“Ok, bye Tom!” Teresa waved.

     “Teresa, you can come out now” Jonathan said

“Ok” Teresa whispered

   Teresa was excited. She got to talk to someone other than her family. She was very happy. she wanted to keep talking too Tom,and she had the perfect plan to do it too…...

 


 

Chapter three

 


 

“Teresa!” Julie called,”time for dinner”

    “Coming momma” Teresa called back

She got to the table, dinner was sprouts. Teresa hated sprouts, though she never says anything. But tonight, she was going to unravel her plan. She stood up, and smashed her plate on the ground.

    “TERESA!” Julie And Jonathan yelled,”Why did you do that?!”

“I HATE SPROUTS!” Teresa screamed.

 “THATS NO REASON TO BREAK A PLATE! TO THE MIRROR! NOW!” Jonathan yelled, Teresa saw veins pushing out of his neck, so she was a bit satisfied.

   She grinned as she walked down the hallway.

    She got to the mirror and whispered,”Tom”

“Teresa?” Toms voice said,”are you in trouble again”

     “I did it to talk to you” Teresa said, “I think of you as a friend now”

“You got in trouble for me” Tom said,”I’m flattered”

     Teresa giggled.

They talked for hours, until finally, her father called her up to bed.

     “Wait” Tom said,” would you do something bad so you can come back tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Teresa said brightly, and she left the room.

       Tom grinned. He was only there to trick Teresa, he just needed her body, not her friendship. Tom was  a demonic spirit, and he traveled to the mirror to catch a human off guard, and steal their body so that he could kill as he did in his past life. His plan was simple, invite Teresa in the mirror one day, and then steal her body. Tom considered himself clever for his obvious, but genius plans…...

 


 

Chapter four

 


 

1778

Over the next year, Teresa had still not entered the mirror. She liked talking to Tom, but was scared of entering the mirror. by this point, Teresa had grown her hair over her eyes, and she was very distant from her family. Especially her father.

      “Teresa, why are you like this now?” Julie said,”you can talk to me”

“But I Don’t want to do I? Leave me alone, if you know what’s good for you”

      Ha! She thought. That was one Tom taught her to say, and Teresa thought it was very effective.

    “Don’t you dare talk to your mother like that!” Jonathan said

“Shut up, you old codger”

Again, a line Tom taught her.

     “MIRROR! NOW!”

“Fine by me” Teresa said.

     “Johnathan,” Julie said,”I don’t want her looking at that mirror anymore”

“Are you kidding me,” Jonathan yelled,” that from me three years to make, and I made it for the purpose its being used for, so no! She’s using it!”

     They argued as Teresa approached the mirror

“Tom” she said,”I’m here”

     “Cool,” He said,”what’s with the shouting?”

“My parents are arguing”

       “Oh. Maybe you could come in the mirror to escape the conflict” Tom said

“Tom” Teresa whispered,”you know I don’t wan-“

      “But I’m lonely” Tom interjected,”please please pleaseeeee”

Teresa hesitated, and had her answer.

      “Fine, but only for a little while, ok, I have to eat lunch in thirty minutes.”.

“Yayyyyy” Tom said

       Teresa stepped forward and put her right foot in the mirror. The door opened, revealing Jonathan in the doorway.

      “Teresa? What are you- HEY, STOP!

Teresa grinned and stepped all the way in the mirror.

    Tom was not what she thought he was. He was still pitch black, and she couldn’t see any of his features. And as soon as she saw him, she wanted too get out. She turned around, but Tom grabbed her arm.   

      “Oh no,no no no” he said,”your not going anywhere”

Tom proceeded to possess her body.

   Teresa knew no more.

      On the other end of the mirror, Jonathan was crying and shouting-“Teresa!.....Teresa!....TERESA!!!”..........

 


 

Epilogue

Two weeks later...

 


 

Jonathan hadn’t slept since his daughter's diapeearance. The mirror vanished after Teresa was possessed, so nobody had seen it since. 

      One day two weeks after, Jonathan was in his study, finishing his letter to the newspaper, about the mirror, when he heard a ‘thunk’ behind him.

      He turned around, and there stood his daughter, who was now possessed and not herself. Jonathan, however, did not know this.

    “Teresa” he gasped,”you're alive!”

He failed to notice the knife in Teresa’s hand.

    “My, my” she said, “what a good father you are, it’s so touching, I could cry. Or not”

She then proceeded to stab him as many times as she could.

      Not a word escaped Jonathan’s lips as he crumpled to the floor. Dead…

  “Goodbye father” Teresa said. As she enthere’d the mirror and the mirror disappeared.

Toms killing spree had only begun.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.