Batman: Double Sided | Teen Ink

Batman: Double Sided

February 23, 2022
By Anonymous


October 31st, Halloween. In the months following the Riddler's death, Gotham had become a cheery and festive place. With the crime rates plummeting and the winter holidays approaching it looked as though Bruce Wayne might have the most normal holidays he's had since the death of his parents. But nothing is ever perfect.

Sitting in Wayne manor, Bruce sat and sipped his tea with Alfred waiting for the Trick-Or-Treating to commence in the coming hours. Bruce’s new watch (Which was under Batman’s name) buzzed. “Uh oh sir, maybe it will be a most pleasant message,” said Alfred. Bruce took a deep breath and answered the call. “Batman, we got something very interesting here.” said Jim Gordon, who sounded appalled and worried. “I’ll be there.” Responded Batman who put his tea down, stood up and walked over to the head bust on the bookshelf, and pushed it open revealing a button. Batman pushed the button and the bookshelf shook as it slowly lowered into the ground. Batman walked into the dark and damp entrance to the batcave which winded downwards for what seemed like an eternity. Batman suited up and got into the batmobile. The cockpit slid forward and down over him as he took off like a bullet to Jim's location.

Batman arrived at a small back alley that was blocked by GCPD cruisers. Batman got out of the batmobile and walked through the group of cops and got to the crime scene which was littered with officers who were jotting notes and marking evidence. Jim stood still looking at the slumped-over body whose face was covered up with duct tape, masking his identity. "Jim, what happened here?" Batman asked the commissioner. "The victim's face is…well, it's complicated. Based off of what we know there was no struggle, no weapon, and no culprit, but after the autopsy we can get you more info.” said Jim who didn’t take his eyes off the body. “Ok Jim, let me know when that is.” responded Batman. “Sure thing Bat-, He’s gone, isn’t he.” said Jim who knew so much and yet so little about Batman.

Batman patrolled the streets of Gotham for a few weeks with no clues on who this new killer in town could be. While on patrol one night Batman gets a call through his comms. “Batman, the autopsy is in, come down to the GCPD, we can give you all the info we got.” said Jim. “I’ll be there.” said Batman who glided through the frigid fall air towards the GCPD. Once there Batman walked through the front doors and into the back of the police department and approached the filing room. He opened it and inside stood Jim with a file on the victim and the 

case. “Batman, I’ve made a copy of the case file for you to take with you.” Said Jim, holding out the File. “Thanks Jim, tell me if there is anything else I should know.” said Batman, who took the file out of Jim’s hand. “Will do Batman.” responded Jim. Batman walked out of the filing room and walked towards the exit when he was stopped by an officer. “Hey Batman! I’m your biggest fan, and was wondering if I could get an autograph?” said the officer. “I don’t do signatures.” responded Batman who kept walking. The officer stood and stared in disbelief and annoyance.

Batman entered the Batcave and approached the batcomputer. He sat down and tossed the case file on the desk next to it. He took off his cowl and sat it next to the Casefile. "Anything I can get you sir?" said Alfred from a distant location in the batcave. "No thanks Alfred." Responded Batman. Batman picked up the case file and started reading through the evidence. Some of the evidence went as follows, "Patches of skin missing on both sides of the face, seem to have been surgically removed.", "Burned and scarred facial features, notably on the left side of the face.", "Victim had sleeping pills in the system at the time of death.", "Vital organs surgically removed." Batman knew the killer must have experience as a surgeon, and an odd need for parts of the skin. Maybe the killer is disfigured and wants to repair his own face, was one of Batman's thoughts.

Batman sat at the desk for about an hour while he pondered over the evidence. Then a thought came to his mind, only the left side being burned, could it be… Harvey? Batman contacted Jim, “Jim get the interrogation chamber ready, I need to talk to Harvey.” said Batman. “Sure thing, do you think he has something to do with this?” responded Jim. “I hope not.” said Batman. Batman stood up, put on his cowl, got into the batmobile, and took off towards the GCPD.

Batman screeched into the parking lot of the GCPD and hopped out. He walked through the front doors and walked to the back where the interrogation chamber was. It was a small, dark room with two guards standing on each side of the door with rifles in hand. Batman opened the door and inside sat Harvey Dent or A.K.A, Two-Face. Batman sat down in the chair and looked at Harvey whose left side was shrouded in darkness only allowing his good side to show. “Hello, Harvey.” said Batman, breaking the silence. “Sorry, Harvey doesn’t reside here.” said Two-Face. “I’m not here to make jokes Harvey.” said Batman. “Oh, I’m not joking.” Two-Face said as he leaned forward allowing his deeply scarred and burned face to show. “Tell me, do you have anything to do with this?” Batman said as he slid forward photos of the victim. “No, Batman I couldn’t possibly do such a thi- Yes we could.” said Harvey, who was interrupted by Two-Face. “The victim has injuries similar to yours Harvey, who did you hire to do this?” said Batman. “I couldn’t tell you Batman, and why the hell would I tell you anyways.” said Two-Face. “Don’t lie to me Harvey.” said Batman low and slow. “I’m sorry Batman, I don’t know.” said Harvey. Batman stood up and walked towards the door, “Have a good night Harvey.” said Batman as he approached the exit. “Sure will Ba-, We won’t Batman.” said Harvey who was interrupted by Two-Face. Batman left the building and got into the Batmobile. But before Batman would leave the GCPD, he sat there and thought about Harvey and how bad he felt for his former friend, divided by right and wrong, decided by…The flip of a coin.

As Batman was headed to the batcave he got a call. “Batman, we’ve got another victim.” said Jim. “I’ll be there.” said Batman, changing the course of his path. When he arrived at the spot he noticed it was another small and dark alleyway. He walked through the crowd of police and approached the body. “Another one, almost identical to the last.” said Jim. “Anything new?” asked Batman. “Yeah, this time the killer left behind the bottle of acid next to the body.” said Jim. “Brand?” asked Batman. “Jiffy Fast-Acting AntAcid.” said Jim. “Thanks.” said Batman. Batman got into the batmobile and took off for the batcave.

Batman entered the batcave and walked over to the batcomputer. He sat down and started searching for places that sold Jiffy Fast-Acting AntAcid.There was only one in Gotham. He then began to look for the last people to buy the acid in the last month, but a list of around 20 people came up. Batman downloaded the page with the names and shut off the batcomputer. “Anything, sir?” said Alfred who had been watching the whole time. “Not much, the killer might have purchased out of town as well, or they could have bought them a while ago, so this list isn’t even guaranteed to have the killer on it.” said Batman in disappointment. “Sorry to hear that Bruce… but someone by the name of Selina Kyle who appears to be the new D.A in Gotham, wants to know if she could have a nice thanksgiving business talk with you when the time comes.” asked Alfred. “Tell her sure.” responded Batman thinking about how he would have to wait for the killer to strike again and leave more clues. 

Thanksgiving morning. Bruce and Alfred sat at the large and long table in the dining room which was decorated with large windows, paintings of the Wayne’s, and two large chandeliers hung from the ceiling. “What a wonderful morning.” said Alfred, breaking the silence. “Yep, sure is Alfred.” responded Bruce. “When do you think we should make the turkey and other stuff?” asked Bruce. “We probably should begin to prepare the turkey soon sir.” said Alfred. Bruce nodded in agreement. “What do you make of this new killer in town Alfred?” asked Bruce. “Well sir, to be completely honest with you…I have no idea.” said Alfred.

Bruce sat at the batcomputer and stared at the different screens which displayed the evidence and information from the scenes of the crimes but came up with nothing new. He sat and stared at the computer thinking while waiting for the new D.A Selina Kyle, to appear for dinner. While sitting there his watch began to buzz. Bruce picked up the call and knew it would be Gordon again to tell him that they had another victim. "Batman, we got another victim, but this time we have a little more evidence.” said Jim. “I’ll be there." said Batman. Batman stood up and headed off towards where his suit was stored.

Batman slid the cowl down over his face and walked towards the batmobile. The cockpit slid back as he approached. Batman got in and cut through the cool afternoon air. When he arrived there was once again a swarm of cops and Jim was standing there, but this time he was talking with another officer who looked shaken up. Jim turned and the other officer followed. “Batman!” said Jim, calling out to Batman. “Jessica, tell him what you saw a little while ago." said Jim to the other officer. "I was out patrolling my normal route when I came across this alleyway, and while I was driving by I thought I saw someone crouched down, so I pulled over and got out with my hand on my pistol, I approached the alleyway, and I called out to see if anyone was there and the guy bolted around and his face was covered in…what looked like bandages, like he was a mummy. I pulled my pistol on him and was able to knick his shoulder, but before I could get another shot off he dropped some sort of smoke pellet and escaped, and he must have been able to cover the wound since the blood trail stopped right where I shot him." said Jessica. Batman looked over at the dead body and saw that there were officers collecting samples of the blood. "Thanks." Batman said to Jessica. "Also Batman, this tells us the killer is just dumping the body's here and not dissecting them in the alleyway.” said Jim. Thanks Jim, tell me when you get those samples back.” said Batman as he walked to the batmobile. While in the batmobile Batman got a call. “Sir, I hate to bother you but Miss Kyle is here and should not be held waiting for too long.” said Alfred. “Thanks, I’ll be there soon Alfred.” said Batman.

Batman entered through the batcave entrance and got dressed for the occasion. Bruce left the cave through a hidden entrance on the back of Wayne manor and walked around to the front of the manor. He opened the front doors and headed to the dining room. He walked into the room, and Selina sat patiently waiting for Bruce. She got up and shook hands with Bruce. “Hello Miss Kyle.” said Bruce. “Hello Mister Wayne, how are you tonight?” said Selina. “Good.” said Bruce as they both sat down. “Well, I can see you're a busy man Bruce, so I’ll make this as quick as possible." said Selina. "No need to rush things Miss Kyle.” said Bruce. “Well, I figured I might as well stop by and talk to the most prominent figure in Gotham.” said Selina. “Well, welcome to Gotham, I hope that it treats you well.” said Bruce. “Me too, but I just wanted to say that as the new D.A. I plan to deep clean this city, but Batman seems to have most of that under control.” said Selina. “Well you picked the best time for your new job, there is a new killer in town and they have quite the resume.” said Bruce. “Good to know, I’ll get right on that.” Selina said as she stood up and headed towards the door. “Thanks, and have a good night Mister Wayne.” said Selina as she opened the front door. “You too Miss Kyle.” said Bruce. Another Thanksgiving…all alone. 

Bruce sat alone in the batcave waiting for the DNA results of the killer to come back so that he could confront this killer. Bruce sat for about an hour when his watch buzzed, the call he had been waiting for. "Batman, the DNA came back for someone named Thomas Elliott, you know him?." said Jim. Batman typed his name into the computer and searched for his address. "No, but thanks Jim." said Batman even though he did know who Thomas Elliott was…his childhood friend, the once-renowned surgeon.

Batman waited for the batcomputer to locate Thomas's address, when it did he stood up and walked to the room holding his suit. He put on the bat-suit and walked out to the batmobile. The cockpit slid back and Batman jumped in and took off for Thomas's residence. The batmobile flew through the tight streets and around the sharp corners, the tires leaving marks on the worn-down roads. The location was on the very edge of Gotham. Batman wondered how Thomas could possibly get all the way to these alleyways while carrying a body, and seemingly not having a vehicle. When he arrived at the apartment which was decaying and was the bottom-most floor of the building. There also seemed to be no other people living in the other apartments. And when he took a few steps towards the apartment he could see a sign which read, "Out of operation, For sale." this meant that Thomas couldn't possibly still be here. Batman walked up to the door which had various holes in it. He turned the knob of the door which snapped out as he pushed it inwards. He looked around at the pitch-black room, the only light was coming from the open door. Batman turned on his detective vision and although illuminated, there was nothing in the room that was of importance. Batman turned off his detective vision and walked out of the house. He got into the batmobile and took off for the batcave.

While Batman was headed off for the batcave he contacted Jim. "Jim, the apartment that Thomas lived in is out of operation and no one lives there anymore." said Batman. "Well then we don't really have any other evidence Batman, so I guess we're out of luck for now." said Jim. "Alright Jim, I'll see what I can do." responded Batman. He pulled into the batcave and got out of the batmobile. Batman walked over to the batcomputer and sat down, removing his cowl and setting it on the desk next to him. He started typing on the computer and searched for if any of the acid had been purchased by Thomas, and nothing came up. He then searched for any purchases made by Thomas and still nothing. Thomas had been buying out of town or had another person buying him the materials. It seemed as though he had gone off the radar and hadn’t ever purchased anything in Gotham.

Batman was patrolling Gotham again, soaring through the cold night air waiting for a break in the case. While he was perched on a ledge looking in an alleyway and finding nothing he looked up and saw that the bat-signal was on. Batman found this odd, the bat-signal hadn’t 

been in use for a few years. Batman glided through the night air towards the GCPD. Running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop and grappling up and soaring through the air. Batman landed on a perch above the top of the GCPD that had the bat-signal. Hello Batman, I figured it would be nice to pull this thing out again.” said Jim who stood next to the new D.A. Selina Kyle. “Yeah, really nice of you Jim, but why did you call me here?” asked Batman. “We also found this at the crime scene.” said Selina as she pulled out a bandage. “So the officer wasn’t lying, she really did see the mummy man.” said Batman. “Yeah, I guess so.” said Jim. When Jim finished his sentence the bat-signal turned off with a loud pop. “What the Hell!” yelled Jim jumping at the sound. Batman approached the bat-signal and inspected it. “It’s fine, just the power went out.” said Batman. “We should check the breaker, it's inside.” said Jim. Batman walked over to the door that led to the inside of the building, Jim and Selina followed behind. Batman turned on his detective vision as he walked down the stairs. “Stay here, I’ll fix it.” said Batman. He walked through the crowd of police officers who were fumbling around. “Everyone, stay still.” said Batman. Everyone stopped moving and started looking around. Batman walked up to the door to the breaker room and opened it slowly. Batman entered the room and started looking around when he spotted someone’s skeletal structure behind a desk. Batman walked over to the desk and pulled it out of the way. “Who are you?” said Batman. “Hush? Is that you?” said the person. “Hush? Who the hell is Hush?” said Batman who walked over to the breaker and flicked it back on. “Oh no.” said the man behind the desk, who was an officer.

Batman walked through the breaker room door guiding the officer to Jim and Selina. “I think this man might have some information for us.” said Batman who handed him over to Jim, who put him in handcuffs. “Joe? What the hell could he have to do with this?” said Jim, who was surprised. “Trust me.” said Batman. “Ok.” Jim said as he walked the officer into the interrogation room. Batman looked around the large room and noticed that there was a large red H surrounded by a red ring that was spray-painted on the wall. "Hush." said Batman under his breath.

Batman walked into the interrogation room and sat down across from the officer who seemingly turned off the power to the building. "What's your name?" asked Batman. "Joe, Joe Myers." said Joe. "Who's Hush?" Batman asked. "Some guy with bandages all over his face, he paid me to shut off the power to the building.” said Joe. “Why?” asked Batman. “I don’t know man, he never told me.” said Joe. “Where did he bribe you?”Asked Batman. “I was on patrol and saw him in the alley, he said he’d pay me a pretty penny, so I let him go.” said Joe. “So you haven’t got your payment yet?” asked Batman. “No, but he told me if things went smoothly he would pay me at crime alley, behind the monarch theater.” said Joe. “Alright, you're going to be our decoy, did he give you a time?” said Batman. “Yeah, 7 PM, tomorrow.” said Joe.

The next day at 6 PM Batman left the batcave and grappled off to Crime Alley to find a good hiding spot. Batman reached up to his ear, "Joe, I want you to leave the station at 6:30 and get here as fast as you can, don't bring anyone or anything." said Batman. "Gottcha." said Joe. Batman would sit for another 45 minutes when Joe walked into the alleyway looking around his large brown jacket swaying with his frantic head movement. "I’m in position Batman.” said Joe, 

who sounded a little scared. “Me too.” said Batman. “Hey Batman, you remember when you refused to give me that autograph?” said Joe. “Yeah, I said I don’t do autographs.” said Batman. “That sh*t was for my son man, he looks up to yo- oh sh*t." said Joe before he saw Hush pull up to the opening in the alley. Batman waited for Hush to get out of the vehicle, and when he did he walked out with a briefcase, presumably full of money. Batman slowly dropped down to the vehicle and placed a tracker on the underside of the car. When he stood up he saw Hush pull a pistol on Joe. "Hey! Whoa Whoa Whoa man, you don't gotta do this!" said Joe. Batman pulled out a batarang at Hush, but before the batarang could reach Hush he pulled the trigger. BOOM "Ah!" yelled both Joe and Hush. Joe fell to the ground. And Hush started to fire at Batman. Batman leaped out of the way and grappled up. Hush ran to his car and took off. Batman dropped down to Joe and started tending to his wound. "I'll get you that autograph." Said Batman. "Thanks, but… please save me… first." Joe said barely able to speak. Batman called the GMC as he tended to Joe.

Batman waited with Joe until the Medical team arrived. When they did arrive they took Jim to the hospital to heal his wound. Batman took off for the batcave and called Jim on the way there. “Jim, what’s Joe’s address?” asked Batman. “Uh, here I’ll send it to you.” said Jim. The address appeared on one of Batman's monitors. “Thanks.” said Batman who entered into the batcave. He walked into the batcave and headed towards the room with all of his equipment. Batman entered the room as the lights blasted on the room filled from corner to corner with light. He walked over to his batarangs and picked one up, he turned it around in his hand examining it before he walked out of the room. Batman walked over to the desk next to the batcomputer and opened a drawer containing markers, pencils, and pens. He picked out a black permanent marker and signed “From: The Batman”. Batman headed over towards the batmobile and hopped in, the engines roared as he took off for Joe’s house.

Batman arrived at the house which was one story and approached the front door. Before he knocked on the door he realized a better way to get it to the boy. Batman walked around the back and looked through one of the windows. The boy lay in bed, fast asleep. Batman knocked on the window and the boy slowly sat up and looked around until he saw Batman's silhouette in the window. He jolted back frozen in fear. Batman raised the batarang and the boy seemed to sigh in relief, he hopped out of bed and opened the window. "Batman?" said the boy. "What are you doing here?" asked the boy. "We need to go to the hospital. Your dad isn't feeling too good." said Batman who promoted the boy to get out of the window. The boy got out of the window and followed him to the batmobile "Oh that is so cool!" yelled the boy. Batman opened the back seats which were meant to hold criminals. The boy hopped in and Batman hopped in the front. The back seats folded in and the hatch closed. Batman backed out of the driveway and took off for the hospital.

“What happened to my dad, Batman?” asked the boy. “Nothing serious, he’ll live.” said Batman as they stopped in the parking lot of the hospital. Batman jumped out of the cockpit as the back seats folded back out of the hatch and the boy jumped out following Batman to the front doors. They approached the front desk and Batman said “Has there been a Joe admitted to the Emergency room recently.” “Yes, just a few minutes ago, why?” asked the receptionist. “I have his son here and figured he would want to see him." said Batman. "Oh well, he would have to sit in the waiting room since there are no guests allowed when there is someone in the emergency room.” That's fine, just make sure his dad knows he is here.” Said Batman. “Will do.” Said the receptionist. Batman walked the boy to the waiting room and sat him down. “You’ll have to wait here, and when your dad is out you can show him this.” Batman said as he pulled out the batarang from earlier. The boy's mouth opened wide as he grabbed the batarang from Batman’s hand. “Thank’s Batman!” said the boy, as he hugged Batman. When the boy released Batman stood up and walked out of the waiting room and headed towards the exit.


Batman got into the batmobile and turned on the tracker that he put on Hush's vehicle. He looked on one of the monitors and saw where the tracker was. Batman took off for the location of the tracker, his car cutting through the night air. Batman turned through multiple corners until he arrived at the location of the tracker, it was once again an apartment room. Batman got out of the batmobile and approached the front door. He knocked on the door but to no response. Batman reached down and twisted the door handle, the door was unlocked. Batman pushed it open, knowing he was walking into a trap. He stepped inside and looked around, the room was filled with medical equipment, multiple medical tables, and the floor was covered in bottles and x-ray pictures. There were only a few lights, one on the ceiling and a few at the medical tables. Batman walked over to the lone wooden desk in the corner of the room and looked at what was on it. A list of victims sat upon the desk along with their address, and other personal information. Batman picked up the paper and slipped it into his belt. There was also a small card with a number on it. Batman slipped it into his belt. Just as Batman was leaving the apartment he heard a loud bang. He turned and saw that a gate had been dropped where the door was, and on the other side was Hush, standing still, smirking. "You know Batman, I really thought you were smarter than that, walked right into my trap, and if you don't get out in time, then I would recommend you hold your breath." Hush said. "Thomas, who are you working for?" said Batman. Hearing his own name wiped the grin off his face, "The clients would like to remain anonymous." said Hush as he walked off. Batman turned and looked around the apartment for a way out when he heard Hush taking off. Batman pulled out the explosive gel and sprayed it on each of the bars of the gate. He stepped back and pushed the button, the gel exploded sending the gate flying outwards. Batman stepped out of the apartment and shut the door behind him. Batman got into the batmobile and took off for the batcave.

Batman pulled into the batcave and got out of the batmobile. He walked over to the batcomputer and pulled out the list of victims, and then pulled up a picture of Harvey Dent on the batcomputer. Batman looked up the names of all the people on the list and scanned all of their pictures. "These are all partial matches.” said Batman. “I think we’ve found our culprit.” said Alfred who snuck up on Batman. “Yep, but first,” said Batman, pulling out the card with the cell number on it. “Alfred run this number through the system and search for the last cell tower it was used from.” said Batman. “Will do, sir.” said Alfred. Batman stood from the seat and got back in the batmobile and soared off into the night once again.

Batman screeched into the parking lot of the GCPD and went inside. “Jim…get me Dent.” demanded Batman. “Alright Batman, could have at least said please.” said Jim, but to no response from Batman, who caught a glare from the DA Selina Kyle. Jim went and got Dent from his cell and brought him into the interrogation chamber. Batman sat across the table from Harvey. “Dent, where is Hush?” asked Batman impatiently, but Harvey never responded. “Dent, answer me!” yelled Batman, slamming his fist down onto the table. Harvey looked up at him but didn’t move his mouth. “Talk, or I’ll make you one faced again!” yelled Batman as he stood from his chair. “You wouldn’t.” said the man impersonating Harvey, whose voice was nowhere near what Harvey sounded like. “He’s good, if he would just get the voice to change, then my job might actually be hard.” said Batman. Batman turned around and walked out of the chamber. “Do what you want with him, he’s not actually Dent.” said Batman who walked towards the exit. “How the hell?” said Jim who looked at the impersonator and was baffled. “He’s kind of an asshole Gordon.” said Selina. “You learn to deal with it.” said Jim who was still astonished by how close the impersonator resembled Harvey. 

Batman got into the batmobile and took off for the batcave to see what Alfred had uncovered with the phone number. He raced through the streets knocking over trash cans and kicking up discarded papers just from the wind created by the vehicle. Batman slowed as he entered the batcave and got out walking over to Alfred who was sitting at the batcomputer. “So Alfred, have you found anything?” asked Batman. “Well sir, the last cell tower was right next to the apartment that Hush was really in, but there is also another tower which is heavily encrypted and only gives the approximate location of the call.” said Alfred. “Where was the call received at?” asked Batman. “It looks like it was sent to the cell tower near the GCPD and was to a phone that does not belong to the GCPD.” said Alfred. “Contraband, our friend Harvey probably had one tucked away in his cell.” said Batman. “Call Jim.” said Batman to the batcomputer, which dialed Jim in less than a second. “Jim, I need you to search Dent's cell for a cell phone…Please.” Said Batman. “Will do, and only because you said please." said Jim. "Funny." said Batman, smirking. "Not a joke, but I'll get back to you if we find it." said Jim. Batman hung up. "Alfred, you wouldn't mind making some coffee, would you?" asked Batman "Of course sir." said Alfred standing up and walking back towards the secret entrance to Wayne Manor. Batman sat down in the silence of the batcave and took off his cowl. Bruce looked into the darkness of the batcave and thought about his life while he waited for his lifelong friend, Alfred, to return.

Alfred re-entered the batcave with the coffee that Bruce had requested. “Sir, your coffee is done.” said Alfred. “Thanks.” Bruce said as he grabbed the coffee cup from Alfred and spun back around and looked at the computer, and started marking out possible locations of where the phone signal was coming from. Batman marked out 3 locations in the area, an abandoned school, a shutdown recycling building, and an abandoned toy factory. Batman sipped the coffee until it was halfway gone and sat it down on the desk. He stood up and pulled his cowl over his face. He walked towards the batmobile and got in, the engines roaring to life, the thrusters igniting. The batmobile took off with tremendous speed towards the abandoned school.

Batman pulled into what was once a flat concrete parking lot, but was now filled with weeds and cracked concrete. Batman walked up to the doors in the back since they weren't caved in like the doors on the front. The air was cool and the wind slightly blew, the moon illuminating the entrance. Batman grabbed the door handle and pulled open the door which creaked loudly. Batman stepped inside the dark and empty space and looked around. Batman looked around and activated his detective vision which illuminated the long main hallway which was lined with lockers and small offshoots, and the two smaller hallways which split off to the left and right. There was also graffiti covering the walls from top to bottom. Batman began to walk down the main hall and whilst walking he heard something, it sounded like movement coming from the bathroom located on the right side of the hall about halfway down. Batman walked over to the door and slowly opened it, taking a step inside. Batman turned off his detective vision and rounded the small entrance wall, and there stood a few high schoolers painting the walls. "Are you supposed to be here?" said Batman, breaking the silence. Two of the three teens whipped their heads around and backed into the wall, one of them tapped on the other's shoulder. They slipped one of their headphones out of their ear and said, "What do you want?" He turned around and soon realized, "Holy…Sh*t." he said. "Get out of here." said Batman in a low tone. The three teens took off out of the bathroom and out of the back doors. Batman slowly followed behind them until he got to the batmobile.

Batman arrived at the recycling building and exited the batmobile. Batman walked up to the partially torn-down building and tried to open the door, but it was jammed shut. He tried to grapple up to the top but where he grappled was too weak and crumbled. Batman began to survey the area and found a hole in the side of the wall. He stepped through the hole and entered the building. Batman activated his detective vision and the whole place was filled with trash and giant bins of plastic that went unrecycled. Batman looked around and found nothing of importance, which left the toy factory as the last possible location. As Batman was walking towards the hole in the wall he got a call from Jim. "We found the phone Batman, we've sent you the list of calls and the chat logs." said Jim. "Thanks Jim." said Batman who hung up. "Alfred look through these chat logs, and these numbers and try to come up with something, 

thanks.” said Batman through his comms. “Will do sir." responded Alfred. Batman approached the hole but before he could, he heard 1 word, 'NOW!". Batman leaped out of the way of the hole just before it was blown in causing the whole building to shake and slowly collapse. Batman looked around and saw that past all of the bins of garbage was another hole. Batman got off his feet and ran towards the hole leaping through just before it collapsed behind him. The building fell into dust.

Batman ran towards the front of the building where the batmobile was. When he turned the corner he saw 2 cars taking off. Batman hopped in the batmobile and started to chase after them. It only took about a minute for Batman to catch up with the two cars which raced down the streets of Gotham, pushing cars off the road and wreaking havoc all around. Batman was able to pull up beside one of the cars, but as he did the window rolled down and out popped the barrel of a Thompson Submachine gun. The person wielding the Thompson started to let off rounds at a high rate, Batman knew the car wouldn't take too much so he hit the brakes which prompted the passenger to withdraw the Thompson from the window. Batman saw an opening in the sidewalk, and buildings where an alley resided and side-swiped the car into it with precision. The car slammed into the sides of the building and the driver and passenger both pushed the doors open and fell out onto the ground. Batman pulled over and walked into the alleyway. He pulled out a batarang and flung it at the man with the Thompson, knocking it out of his hands. He picked up the driver by the neck ring of his shirt and slammed him against the wall, "Where is Hush!" screamed Batman in the thug's face. "He's working out of the North Refrigeration building, I swear!" said the thug, fear encapsulating his voice. "Goddammit Larry, are you kidding me! You snitched on the boss in a heartbeat!" said the other thug. Batman let go of the thug and let him fall to the ground. He turned around and walked over to the other thug. “I’ll make sure you can’t snitch after I'm done with you.” said Batman. “No,please!” yelled the thug who curled up in a ball and put his hands up in defense. “Get up!” Yelled Batman. The thug stood up and held his hands in the air. “Please don’t hurt me.” said the thug in a whimpery voice. “No promises.” said Batman. The thug tried to pull a quick move on Batman and swung his fist at him, but Batman caught his fist and held it for a moment, “Sh*t.” said the thug knowing he messed up. Batman took his left hand and threw a hook to his head, knocking him unconscious. “Jim, I’ve got two on Bakers street.” said Batman through his comms. “Thanks Batman, we’ll be there.” responded Jim.

Batman returned to the Batcave and walked up to the batcomputer, which was occupied by Alfred. “Anything, Alfred?” asked Batman. “Well sir, it seems as though they only talked about the plan on how they were going to escape the GCPD.” said Alfred. “Well, I gathered that Hush is hiding out in North Refrigeration, so I'll be heading there,” said Batman. “Good Luck sir.” said Alfred. Batman approached the Batmobile and got in for what was hopefully the last time tonight. The engines roared to life and the thrusters blasted on. The batmobile took off and turned the corner, headed for North Refrigeration.

The batmobile soared through the streets of Gotham, and when Batman was around a block from North refrigeration he parked the batmobile in an alleyway. Batman got out of the batmobile and took to the rooftops. He leaped from rooftop to rooftop until he landed on the top of North refrigeration. Batman surveyed the top of the building and spotted a small hatch that led to the interior of the building. He approached the hatch and lifted it up, revealing a ladder and a maintenance hallway. Batman slid down the ladder and began to work his way down the hallway. He went from room to room and only found fridges of fish and other frozen items. Batman walked into the last room in the hallway and noticed that it was significantly more empty than the other rooms in the hall. Batman activated his detective vision and started to look around and found that there was a panel in the floor that was connected to a wire that ran behind a shelf of books and magazines. He removed a few books which revealed a switch. Batman flipped the switch which prompted the panel to pop open. He turned off his detective vision and climbed down the hatch. He entered a dimly lit hallway that led to one room. Batman reached the end of the hall where he slowly cracked open the door. "I've gathered you all here today to give you a brief rundown of what you will do when me and Two-Face rob Gotham Central Bank." said Hush to a crowd of about 20 people. Batman opened the door and entered the brightly lit industrial-looking room. Batman crouched along the catwalk until he was right above Hush. Batman snapped his fingers which made everyone's heads jerk in that direction. Batman dropped on top of Hush who was on top of a raised metal platform, knocking him on his back. Batman put his right fist up, but before he could knock Hush out, he pulled a pistol on him and shot him in the chest, sending Batman off the platform. Luckily Batman's Bat-symbol was bulletproof, and it only stung for a little bit. Batman stood up and watched as Hush was rushing out of the room. Batman leaped into the crowd of people and started knocking them out one by one, performing evasive maneuvers and not being hit once. Batman took out the last guy with a right hook, and once he dropped Batman took off for the exit. Batman rushed up the ladder and down the hallway and through the last hatch. Batman ran to the edge of the building and saw hush getting in his car, and starting it. Batman glided off the building and landed on top of the vehicle as soon as it started moving. Hush began to step on the pedal even harder causing the car to move faster and faster. Batman could barely cling onto the passenger window seal. With his right hand, Batman took out the explosive gel and sprayed it on top of the car. Batman was preparing to leap when Hush rounded a corner at high speeds, causing the car to drift and throw Batman into the harbor which was right next to the road. Batman climbed out of the harbor and pressed the button on the gel gun and watched as Hush's car got sent into the ground by the blast only to rebound which caused the suspension to snap, flipping the car. The car rolled a few times before coming to a stop on its wheels… or what was left of them. Batman walked towards the car which was around 100 feet away. Hush pushed the door open and collapsed out of the car. Batman approached closer, but as he did hush started to get to his feet. When he was around 20 feet away Hush was fully on his feet but many of his bandages were torn from his face and his vest was ripped open, revealing a decently sized wound on his right pectoral. Before Batman could get any closer, Hush pulled back out his pistol, "You thought you could stop me?" said Hush. "I don't have to think about it." said Batman, who pulled out a batarang and flung it at Hush's pistol, but before the batarang hit the pistol he fired one shot which luckily hit him in the chest causing him to flinch in pain. Hush's pistol was sent flying into the car behind him, which was now engulfed in flames. "Real funny Batman." said Hush. "It wasn't a joke." said Batman who leaped forward and nailed Hush in the head with a swift punch, knocking him out, and causing him to fall to the ground. "Jim, I've apprehended Hush on the road next to the harbor." said Batman into his comms. "Well Batman, that's a bit too general.” said Jim. “Trust me you’ll know where he is.” said Batman hanging up.

Batman returned to the rooftops, running across them until he reached the batmobile which he got into, and took off for the batcave. The batmobile sped through the streets of Gotham and screeched into the batcave. Batman got out of the batmobile and approached the batcomputer. He sat down and took off his cowl. "Alfred, I've apprehended Hush, and now know where Harvey will be." said Batman to Alfred, who he presumed was right behind him. "Very good sir, but maybe you should rest for the rest of tonight, as you have been out since six and seeing as it's twelve now.." said Alfred. "You're right Alfred." said Bruce who stood up and walked into the suit room where he changed out of his suit and into some night attire. "Good night Alfred.” said Bruce. “You too sir.” said Alfred. Bruce walked towards the entrance to Wayne Manor and headed off for bed.

Bruce woke up at eight the next morning and went to the main dining room where Alfred was waiting for him with a delicious breakfast on the table. “Good morning sir.” said Alfred, greeting Bruce to the table. Bruce walked down the stairs to the table which was sending aromas of pancakes, eggs, and toast. “Good morning Alfred.” said Bruce who sat down at the table and began to dig into the food. “So when will Two-face strike the bank?” asked Alfred. “Don’t know, that's where I'm headed after this.” responded Bruce. “Of course you are Bruce.” said Alfred. “Was that supposed to be demeaning?” asked Bruce. “No sir, it’s just that you sacrifice your time and health, and mental health for all of Gotham, and I was just implying that I should have known the answer.” responded Alfred. “Just know you can talk with me at any time.” said Alfred.

Batman jumped from rooftop to rooftop and grappled between large gaps until he got to the GCPD, where he told Jim and Selina to meet him on the roof so they could talk over some stuff. Batman landed on the side roof of the GCPD where Jim and Selina were waiting for him, “Hello Batman, how are you on this fine morning?” asked Jim. “I’m fine, how about you Selina?” said Batman. “I’m good, but what were you here to talk to us about?” asked Selina. “Two-face is going to be attacking Gotham Central Bank, When? I don’t know that, but I’m sure we’ll find out sooner rather than later.” said Batman. “Well we can get our police force to go into the bank and keep a watch on it and we will contact you if Harvey does decide to show.” said Jim. “Sounds good, thanks Jim.” said Batman, “What about me?” said Selina, slightly annoyed. “Thanks Selina.” said Batman before he glided off the roof and headed to Gotham Central Bank to keep 

his eyes on it.

The sun had just begun to fall while Batman sat upon a building perched just beside Gotham Central Bank, where he waited for something to catch his eye. “Anything yet Jim?” Asked Batman, Through his comms. “Nothing, are you sure this is the bank they are attacking?” asked Jim. “Positive.” responded Batman. Batman then began to think that they could have changed the plans to a different bank and that he could be wrong. While Batman was having these thoughts three large white bank vans pulled up and entered through the bank car entrance. Batman surveyed the scene “Jim, those bank van drivers, you should have them checked.” said Batman. “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.” responded Jim. Batman glided down through cool air and entered through the front door of the bank. “Batman, what's up?” said an officer. “Clear all the civilians from the building, including the clerks and workers.” said Batman. “Uh… Yes sir.” said the officer who started to get the other officers and everyone started to clear out of the building. Batman headed to the bank vehicle area and walked through the side door which led there. He walked into the large space which housed the three vans from earlier. Batman approached the van drivers and asked, “Show me your cargo and your list of transports.” “I don’t see why we should, it’s not like you have the ability to.” said the driver. I’ll snap a bone in your body for every one dollar bill in the back of that van if you don't open it.” said Batman. “Well then you won’t be breaking any of my bones.” said the driver. The driver whistled and the back of all three vans burst open and five men from each van jumped out and surrounded Batman. “Yeah, what are you gonna do now? You’re outnumbered Batman.” said the thug. Batman looked around at the circle of thugs and grabbed a smoke pellet from his belt and dropped it to the ground. The pellet puffed into a large cloud of smoke which disoriented the men, “Where the hell did he go!” said one of the men. “I don’t know but let's get this money.” said another.


Batman ran into the main bank room where he grappled up to a gargoyle and waited for the men to come through. The eighteen men ran through the doors, “and if you see the bat, kill him!” said one of the men. The men split up and started filing through cabinets and a few of them were attempting to crack the safe, “Give us enough time to crack the safe boys!” yelled out one of the men. Batman glided down onto the second floor of the bank and snuck up behind one of the men, throwing his arm around his neck and his other hand over his mouth until the thug stopped struggling. Batman released his grip and slowly laid the thug on the floor, he then pulled out the explosive gel and placed it on a nearby wall. Batman grappled back up just before one of the men noticed the unconscious thug on the floor. "Uh guys, I've got somebody over here." He yelled. The other three men on the floor rushed to the unconscious body and huddled around him. Batman pressed the button on the detonator sending all four of them flying and smacking the wall, knocking them all unconscious. "What the hell was that!" said one of the men on the lower floor. Batman grappled to another gargoyle over the lower floor and surveyed the area, thirteen men total with three men on the safe, five in the waiting area, and five in the file area, all split by large wooden dividers, perfect for attacking in sections. Batman glided over to the file room where the five men were rummaging through file cabinets and took out a smoke pellet. Batman turned on his detective vision, and tossed the pellet into the area, then glided into the smoke. "Oh Sh*t! We're done for." Said one of the men. Batman punched each one multiple times before reaching the last guy. "I've found him!" yelled the last thug. The thug aimed his rifle at Batman as he pulled out a batarang and reached back and flung it at him, hitting his face causing him to fall to the ground. Batman jumped on top of the thug and knocked him unconscious with one hit to the forehead. Batman grappled back up onto the gargoyles and worked his way to the waiting area. "Up! On the gargoyles." yelled one of the men who started to shoot up at the gargoyles. Batman had to stop using the gargoyles and find another way to take out the men. Batman retreated to the second level of the bank and surveyed what he could do. He turned on his detective vision and looked around, then he spotted multiple weaknesses in the wall. Batman glided down and sprayed gel on the three weakened walls. Batman moved behind another divider and detonated the gel, knocking out three of the men. "Holy sh*t, there's no way he didn't just kill them!" yelled one of the thugs. Batman walked up to the clerk's desk where one of the thugs was looking at the gargoyles above. Batman grabbed the back of his head and slammed it down into the divider, knocking him unconscious. The other thug turned around and started firing at Batman, causing him to leap out of the way. Batman pulled out a batarang and jumped back in front of the man and hurled it at him knocking him over. Batman stood over him and delivered the final blow knocking him out. Batman grappled back up over the safe and saw the three thugs trying to crack the safe with a stethoscope. "Where is Two-Face?" said Batman causing the three thugs to spin around in fear. "We'll never tell you." said one of the thugs. "Fine." said Batman as he dropped a smoke pellet over them. "*cough cough* Sh*t." said one of the men as Batman dropped into the smoke, taking their weapons and knocking two of them to the ground. Batman grabbed the other thug around the neck and held him against the wall. "Two-Face, where is he?!" Batman yelled into the thug's face. "I ain't…saying…sh*t." responded the thug, gasping for air. “Batman tightened his hand around the thug’s throat, “I will rearrange your bones so your arms become your legs, so talk!” Yelled Batman. “I…I ain’t…afraid of your…threats.” said the Thug. “That’s not a threat, that’s a promise.” said Batman. “Fine, The…GCPD.” said the thug. “Thanks.” said Batman as he knocked the thug out with one swing of his fist. Batman let go of the thug and left the building. “Good sh*t Batman, I still don’t know how the hell you do it.” said Jim who was hiding on the inside of the bank. “Get to the GCPD Jim.” said Batman who grappled off into the night and headed to the GCPD.

Batman arrived at the GCPD which had the doors blown open and Two-faces men were ransacking the file cabinets and shattering the computers. “Jim don’t come to the GCPD, Harveys men have taken over the place, and it doesn’t look like there are any bodys so your men must have turned over the place, and they also can’t get through the security doors to the criminals.” said Batman into his comms. “Good, we can’t have another breakout.” responded Jim. Batman hung up and approached the GCPD and threw a smoke pellet inside. “What the hell!” yelled one of the thugs. Batman ran inside and began to throw another smoke pellet around the door to the breaker room. Batman opened the door and hit the switch on the breaker. “Sh*t, the lights are out!” yelled another Thug. Batman walked into the room and began to take out the men one by one. Batman flew through the ten or so thugs in the room with ease. When there was one thug left Batman said, “You’re done for.” The thug fired in the general direction of Batman’s voice but he was already in a different spot. “I’m over here.” said Batman. “Man, stop doing this sh*t to me and send me to the ER already.” The thug said. “If you wish.” said Batman from behind him, punching him in the back of the head. Batman walked back into the breaker room and hit the switch, kicking the lights back on.

Batman walked up the stairs to the second level where the DA’s office resided. Batman approached the door to the DA’s office and slowly opened it. Inside was Two-face flipping his coin repeatedly and Selina Kyle sitting in a chair. “You’ve finally arrived.” said Two-face. “Turn yourself over Harvey. “Sorry, but I can’t let Harvey do that.” said Two-face. Two-face turned around, unholstered a pistol, and put it to Selina's head, "As we can see here, somebody has taken my position unrightfully, and that person just so happens to be Miss Kyle." said Two-face. "Here's the deal Batman, heads I win… heads you lose." Said Two-face. Two-face flipped the coin, it spun through the air, its metallic ring sounds throughout the room. It lands in his hand with a soft tap. He slowly opened his hand and looked at the outcome. He raised his head and a smirk began to form on his disfigured face, "Heads…you lose." He said pulling the gun from Selina's head and shooting Batman in the chest, knocking him to the floor. "Let's try this again." said Two-face. He flipped the coin high in the air, Batman pulled out a batarang and aimed it with split-second precision at the coin, and flung it striking the coin out of the air. "You son of a b*tch!" Yelled Two-face, picking up the coin and then stomping over to Batman. "No one messes with justice!" He yelled again. He stood over Batman aiming the pistol at his head. "The flip of a coin…Justice." said Two-face. He flipped the coin again but this time Selina had gotten out of the chair and tackled Two-face, causing him to drop his pistol and coin. "Get off me!" Two-face yelled, struggling to throw Selina off of him. Batman stood and grabbed the coin from the ground. "Get off of him." said Batman to Selina. She got off of him and stood up. Batman looked at Two-face who now had a four-cut scratch across his two faces. "This coin decides your fate Harvey." Said Batman. Batman flipped the coin and caught it in his palm. He opens his hand and looks at the result. "Heads…you lose Harvey." said Batman bringing his fist down to Two-faces head, knocking him unconscious. "You know, I really am starting to doubt wanting this job.” said Selina. “You’ll get used to it, and also…thanks for tackling him.” said Batman. “No problem, it’s just what I do.” said Selina.

“Jim, I’ve apprehended Two-face and put him in his cell, it’s safe to return to the GCPD.” said Batman into his comms. “Thanks Batman, also I made a few calls and we're gonna be building a state of the art Maximum security prison for these lunatics.” said Jim. “Good to know, maybe I can take a break from the night.” said Batman. “Well it’s too bad crime never sleeps Batman.” said Jim. “I know Jim, but when you’ve been so engulfed in darkness for the longest time you begin to yearn for the light.” said Batman. “Well said Batman, well said.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.