ESCAPING THE PRISION | Teen Ink

ESCAPING THE PRISION

August 23, 2022
By Adatheprincess BRONZE, Peshawar, Other
More by this author
Adatheprincess BRONZE, Peshawar, Other
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Allah created life and death in order to test us.


Author's note:

I'm a student and I love writing and its very difficult for me. I dream of becoming a top writer and gaining reputation across the world and make better changes in the society with the power of my pen

The author's comments:

what prison on earth could be such.

In the prison, I stared at the empty, blank, rotten walls who were just as lonely as me and wanted to come out of the cage of their own thoughts. I would stare at them each and every moment and they would stare back. We would converse for hours without actually saying anything. I lost my memories and from beginning I don't know myself.
In that black room lived me, the walls and my fears and loneliness along the darkness.
I would just survive on a loaf of bread and a bottle of water thinking about what I did wrong for which I have been suffering for 10 years like an ant enclosed in an air tight jar for so long being provided with food and had nothing in life , just observed for experiments.
I had seen all these years nothing except darkness and fears. And for the walls, I
felt them with the fingers of my hands and would converse with them with my mind. I didn't said anything from the past 10 years and even forgot my own voice.

The author's comments:

What is this thing?

Once I was gossiping as usual with the walls when I felt someone else in the room beside my group.
I could see things for the first time in ten years. It looked like a dead object laying in the corner for years and now in a fraction of second coming back to life and it glared at me and smiled and suddenly ended up coming to me shaking me and wanting me to listen to it.
It looked like nothing but seemed pleasant and gave promises for a better future, it terrified me jumped backwards screaming to the walls to help me.
In a fraction of second, I was lost within my self with the confusion in my mind to react or resist, to attack or defend myself. I felt puzzled and confused, bounded by my own thoughts and my own feelings. I was grasping the bars tightly as if I would break them with force. I threw that thing away from me. While I was panicking that unknown thing stood still against the wall till I regain consciousness.

I knew now I have no option but to surrender obviously, what help was I able to receive from the lifeless fantasy world full of unrealistic friends of mine?
Just a glimpse of that was making me comfortable as it seemed to be something nice and I had some visions of the past that maybe it helped me before.
The thing said, " Be courageous, the hardships would end only if you want them to, dear." from the gentle comforting I was feeling a bit at ease and I requested an introduction from it but said it in heart, maybe it knew what I was about to say
" We were friends in the past, you always had me but long ago you lost me and years after it is nice to see you again, I am your long lost friend known as "HOPE". "

And then that thing just unexpectedly vanished in the air or it submerged in me deep in my heart lighting a torch there for me to escape out of the darkness around me.
But it was like that no darkness was present around me, perhaps there was darkness inside me or it was everywhere and worse maybe nowhere.
It isn't like I didn't tried to know myself. To just know who I am I tried many tricks many times, I would closed and opened my eyes again and again and one time, I regained a memory from the lost past of mine. What I saw was, I was sitting in a diner wearing some nice clothes constantly looking at my pocket mirror, correcting my hairstyle and waiting for some one, someone important for something important to be discussed at that evening. I heard some foot steps behind me and then... everything went black I just don't remember anything in past except that. No person, no place, nothing.

But now after the incident of my life I literally want to get back to my past self and become free out of that dark prison.
While sleeping at night, I met that thing again and it said, "Long time no see, old friend..." and smirked. Frightened me woke up and ran away from my bed and this time I saw the key to the door of the prison was lying inside but I was too afraid to pick it up "I would ran away and the ones who caught me would catch me again, t world outside has monsters and they won't let me live they would kill me."
I sat at the corner of the dark room holding my knees near my chest trembling and sighing, I was too afraid to back in the bed to sleep.

For the next few days, I was not provided with any food. The person that served me food was... a .............
I don't remember that being because I didn't saw it but I just know that I was provided food to live and stay alive. I don't know how and why?
I looked again at the fallen key which now seemed more closer to me than before.
My brain said to me to pick it up and my heart said to me just stay where I was there was nowhere to go from here. Both continued their respective arguments.
It seemed a car chase between my brain and heart and the who would win would be the one I would listen to.
Another day past and still with nothing to fill my stomach with.

The constant appearance of that thing in my imaginations made me uncomfortable and I stood up leaving my thoughts and fears sitting on the ground and me approaching the key. I finally said to myself, “Fine. Let’s just go for it."
And on opening the door a saw light in for the first time in these years and I closed my eyes as they began to hurt and I ran straight and as fast as I could I reached another place with a comfortable bed in it and I jumped upon it.
Things were never like that for past ten years and then I found another big room with a cupboard cool from inside and filled with food.(of course it was refrigerator) I just ate and ate till I couldn't digest even another single morsel.

I then entered the bed room and asked myself, " Should I sleep in this luxury?" and my heart said, “Fine. Let’s just go for it." and then I after a long time slept peacefully and had some happiness and my brain was free from constant tension.
When I woke up I remembered, I got back the answer who I was.
I was born to nice family, a housewife mother, a rich business man father and a friendly loving elder sister. We all made a perfect family who lived with joy and merriness.
I grew up in a good environment and had good friends. I was a brilliant student.
In my early teenage my sister got married and went abroad the scenario felt like I lost my best friend and won't regain such a loving and caring friend after her.

After the marriage of my sister, something unexpected happened, my dad's business grew better than ever. He was very happy and worked even more harder and made the company among the best of all.
In a few days, he complained of being tired everyday. He advised me to study and look after the business, after he gets retired.
A day later, my father died suddenly and the forensic revealed that he was being ... slowly poisoned...
The moment I was remembering this all and how good my life back then was and how luck had changed now, I began screaming at the top of my voice and unbelievably I my actual voice for the first time since the ten years.

Before this time all I would talk will be in my brain and with myself perhaps I was deaf till now or I had an illusion.
I remembered nothing after the event of passing away of my dad and suddenly a device lying on a table begins making a sound. It was something with a glass on upside and numbers pasted downside. I looked at it and saw the words "alarm". It was a phone.
I gained back the other half of my memory.
I joined my father's company as the president after he passed away, I deep in my heart wanted to find out and avenge the person who made me an orphan. I doubted that it must be my father's business partner who was to take the life of my father and take the business for himself and enjoy on his own.
He himself approached me first and texted me on phone to meet him on a bus and hence that alarm made me remember that scene.

I met him and he was extremely nice to me, mourned on the loss of my father and told me that my father and he made an agreement to get their children married to one another. I dismissed that topic and asked him things related to business but for that he told me to meet him again at a diner near a garden to have dinner and discuss those things and also if I was willing for the proposal we would discuss things further.
As it was the last wish of my father I decide to go on the dinner and even agree to the marriage if they agree to give all shares to mine.
I then suddenly realized the the dinner I only had remembered in the darkest days was... was this one!!!

My dressing was good, I kept waiting for the partner of my dad's business and in a vase in front of me lied sunflowers. Fresh sunflowers which smelled nice and looked bright with the purple color of the vase accompanying them by contrast and the slow cool breezes of early winter and the feeling inside me to find out that was the colleague of my dad involved in his murder or not.
The footsteps were quite noisy coming from back towards me and a black shadow on the white table cloth I saw was the last thing I remembered...
Still I was perplexed after knowing all that happened in my past life, I had many questions unanswered, Whose shadow was that? Who murdered my dad? Was the report which I saw of my father real or just an illusion or a mistaken forensic report?
Where all that time I was suffering? How from twenty years I turned 30 years lying in the dark room? How I managed to live? Where is mom and my sister?

And many more unsolved unanswered queries to which I lied confused in the bed wondering in my mind and searching for answers

I slept on that comfortable bed and ................

I opened my eyes again and saw a woman and she looked familiar, she was my sister, yes she was.

"Mimi, its you, its you"? I cried

I hugged her and cried said my heart out and wanted her to explain me what was happening how things turned liked this.
She smiled and looked at me with watery eyes.
"You were never imprisoned in dark room that was all what you imagined. you lived inside your mind and refused to accept realities. Your mind made up stories and you believed. After I left for abroad, you were sad and dad's death made you imagine a whole new story in you mind and you didn't accept that she died because of over working, he never had any other partner soon you gone mad. I and mom paying huge fees to treat you but no therapy, no treatment worked." Explained my sister to me

My mom also arrived in the room was crying buckets of tears after seeing me being normal after years.
I asked" Who gave me food? What was that hope? How I am fine now?
Mom said sweeping away her tears, " I used to give you the food and water my dear!!"
Sister replied that for me she studied psychology and finally after 10 years of training from different countries she finally treated me and the hope was actually my sister!! she used the psychological tricks to take out of my comfort world. She told mom to stop giving me food and water and taking care of me so that I could be present again in the true world.

If you all really don't want to in dark created by your own self, just break the prison, come out of your own comfort zone.

Take risks in you life and don't stay still on one point.

Because stale water goes bad.

If you are caught in the dark prison of your comfort and relaxation and I have a plan for you.

Stop supplying food for your self in the comfort zone and you would be able to break the prison.

Just accept the reality and most importantly keep hope in your life to be enlightened in the heart.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.