THE TRACE OF FALSENESS | Teen Ink

THE TRACE OF FALSENESS

October 13, 2023
By Yafiagain, Mirpur, Other
More by this author
Yafiagain, Mirpur, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I am Yafi.i am just 13 year old teen who wanted to write a short simple book.I hope you enjoy it

The weather is delightful.as the winds came across the room filling some coldness.Mr. Willson having coffee on a soft sofa.He came upon remembering a chicken he ate last night.It was tasty.There was a newspaper of today's weekend beside him.he took the newspaper and started to read.Nothing was absorbing as for a couple months.Upon reading he came across an interesting article.He got satisfied.He thought about it for a moment.He took a big smile.

The newspaper was as follows:

"THE BANK HAS BEEN ROBBED

On the time of 15 October 1987 at the late night, London's biggest bank had been robbed.Police investigation was on. later they arrested a 18 year old boy named John.Upon the evidence he was suspected and later was accused of it.But on an interview he said he wasn't the culprit."

Reading this Mr Willson put his cup onto his  desk and went to his closest.He took his jacket and left from the front door to go to the police station.He didn't have a vehicle so he decided to walk a bit. Upon reaching the police station he saw two police officers having fun.He recognised seeing Mr Frank face. He is a good police officer.on the other hand, it felt unknown from another person.Willson went on their conversation to interrupt.Frank remembering the great detective said:

"Oh, hello Mr Willson.How's the day going?"

"great day I must say" said Willson.the other person gave an awkward look.

"Oh Mr Willson this is Witkinson.He was the person to arrest the culprit. He did a big job"said Frank

"May I know the full story about the crime scene " said Willson

"Of course let's have a seat in the station.You shall also come" said Frank

"Very well" said Wilkinson with a discomfort voice they went into the police station.

"Here have a tea" said Frank 

"Thank you "

Suddenly there came a loud noise.

"NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T!"

Willson asked whom was that from

"It's from the culprit John.he was being held by Mr Tom.I think he again started shouting he wasn't the culprit.Although it was found from the evidence."

"Interesting"

"Yes it is Indeed.But as simple as it is"

"So, why is he being held as a culprit Mr Frank" asked Willson with an interested look

"So it all started on 15 October. We got the news the bank had been robbed.after a couple hours we had a phone call of it.

We went there immediately.Upon investigating , we saw a bracelet of 2 brothers. One is unknown still and the other one is John.But that wasn't it.We saw some handprints that matched the handprints of John and later after finishing investigating we went to Mr John's house.It was a coincidence that Mr Atkinson son was him.

So we figured it out immediately.When we reached there, we saw John leaving with some money in a bag. Then we immediately arrested him for the crime he committed.We also got news from the bank manager that lhr last person to visit the bank was indeed Mr john"

"Interesting, how shall Mr Atkinson not worry about the situation" asked Willson

"I was disappointed but crime is a crime and it should be punished fairly."replied Atkinson

"Very well, May I speak to the culprit"

"Yes of, course" said Frank with a smiley face

Willson went up from the seat and went to the cell place where he saw Mr John crying

"Why does it always happen to me!" he was mumbling.

"Hello, Mr John how shall you come to prison" said Willson

"Mr Willson I know you.you are the great detective pls help me from this"

"I may but for that I need to make it full clear if you were the culprit or not so how came the situation brought"

"So Mr Willson on 15 October I went to that bank to get the money I have put for the past few months.It was just a normal day doing that. But after I got out from the bank suddenly the bank was robbed I was accused even though I wasn't even in the bank " John said

"Was the bracelet yours"

"Yes indeed it was but I don't know how it got there and I didn't have the bracelet"

"Interesting, who was the other person on that bracelet"

"It was my brother and he was the one who had it for the past time"

"Very interesting,may I ask why your father is not angry or having any emotion" asked Willson

"Umm my father doesn't like me very much. He is very angry in my doing so it was expected he won't do anything 

"Ok how is your brother may I ask"

He is living with mom now.Mr Willson I think he is the culprit."

"Just one more question how come the hand prints of yours were there?"

"As I said I was getting my money from the bank it was unknown and the first time for me so I mistakenly went to the money section I swear to god I didn't steal it and nor I saw any bracelet there."

"Okay thank you."

"Mr Willson pls help me"

"I will but for a moment you need to wait it may take time to find the right culprit"

"Thank you Thank you very much Mr Willson"

After the conversation with the culprit and Mr Frank .Willson went to his home thinking about this circumstance.He got to think a bit more about the puzzling situation. He smiled on his face every time he imagined the interesting story.Willson decided he will go to bank tomorrow as for the information.so a bit of a rest for today , shall It be.

The next day on 19 October, Willson woke up with a smile on his face.

He got up and ate his breakfast.later got ready with his jacket.He went there  with a vehicle as it was far away from the home.Reaching the bank , he quickly noticed the bank manager Mr Morgan having a chat with someone.

The bank manager saw Willson

"OH you are Mr Willson right? Why may you be here? Sorry for the inconvenience "

"No worries how shall one of London's biggest banks been robbed "

"What can we say Mr Willson.As far as I am convinced the culprit had been arrested and been in jail but there is no fond of the money he had kept up"

"Interestingly then without that why may he be arrested then"

"Well he had various handprints and there was a bracelet of him also so sure"

"may I see where the handprints were on"

"Of course Mr Willson come in"

Mr Morgan and Mr Willson went on into the bank vault.There Mr Willson asked

"Where were the handprints they had gotten there"

"Somewhere there they didn't tell me exactly" replied Morgan pointing towards

A big space

Mr Willson went on with his search.

Later he noticed a very awkward golden links.It was not from the bracelet he seen before.He thought it for a moment and took it with him.After the investigation he asked Mr Morgan to keep a big eye on the bank.

Mr Morgan said not to worry as he was already ready with the management.

After the talk with Mr Morgan about the situation Mr Wilson decided he will go to John's house for him to meet his brother.

But he was unaware of where his brother lived, so he went to the police station again.

He wanted to ask Mr Atkinson but thought it would be wise not to so he rather chose to ask John. On the answer, It was very far away.As it was coming on a dark night Mr Wilson decided to go tomorrow for the investigation.so, It was determined .

He went to his home afterwards.

On the next day, he quickly settled things and went on for the destination he didn't know what vehicle will be best so, he chose a bike to go.After some couple hours he finally reached the Mr John's home.later he went to the front door and rang the bell

"Ting Tong".Upon opening the door, an old lady with a sad expression starts telling

"How can I help you?"

"Are you John's mother,May I know the name?"

"Yes, my name is Mary.Perhaps you are Mr Willson".

"Yes, indeed"

"Pls come inside" she said with an unfortunate face.

Willson went into the house seeing various portraits of Mr John and some unknown person.They went on walking and sat on a crouch for the convey.Mr Willson eagerly asked

"How may you be this sad for her son but not his father"

"His father is just a betrayal to us and doesn't care about the family how will he have feelings for him"

"Can you tell me why Mr Atkinson arrested him instantly after having the investigation"

"After John came from the bank, I saw him getting ready for somewhere with a lot of money when I asked what was it he didn't answer but later the police and my husband came to arrest him"

"For evidence, it was found that in the bank there was a bracelet of two brothers one was John's "

"Yes they told me afterwards, the other one was his brother Jack.He went to the grocery shop today"

"I think I wouldn't be able to talk to him but could you tell me, does he wear or have anything gold?"

"Yes a lot actually I can show you one"

Ms Mary showed a watch that was indeed gold he moved on looking at it a bit closer with a magnifying glass and he found out there was a little part missing.

He remembered a little part he got in the bank so he tried to stick it together and it was the part.Mr Willson took a huge smile.

So the culprit may be found but it was unsettled he decided he won't tell this to anyone.It is a mystery now who is actually the culprit.

The author's comments:

 

 

After the conversation Willson decided to go back from the place. before leaving, he requested Mary to keep an eye on the boy.Mary happily accepted the request.

After returning it is stunning how the brother actually may be the culprit.

Although Willson wasn't surprised at all as if he expected all of those things.

On the next day, a call came from the police station, it was Mr Frank.Mr Frank started saying,

"Mr Willson, we have found another culprit, it is Mr John's brother"

"What's the evidence?"

"Mr Atkinson upon returning he saw his other son Jack start packing up, we wanted to have some questions with him and I may say sorry to say later that in the bracelet the unknown person was Mr John's brother.We didn't thought of it too much but when we later went to investigate in the house we saw him going out with gun at point.We tried our best not to get hit and we didn't. later we arrested him in tragedy way now he is being held by Atkinson in the prison cell"

"Okay I shall join the fun too, just a few minutes for coming I have an interesting thought"

"Okay Mr Willson,I will wait" Mr Frank said with a gorgeous smile.

The clock was ticking and Mr Willson took his time to come.On that occasion Mr Atkinson asked,

"Whom are you waiting for let's hurry"

"Why shall it be I am waiting for Me Willson to come"

Hearing this Mr John's brother Jack looked like he wanted to cry but couldn't as someone had forced him not to

Suddenly Mr Willson came with an unknown person, when Mr Frank asked who it was?

"I found a person  some time ago, Who had seen through all the things that happened on that occasion.I may tell you the truth that"

Instantly Mr Jack got out from Atkinson he went towards the door but there Mr Tom caught him off guard.

Mr Frank shouted

"So you are the culprit,Be ready to be punished"

Mr Willson understanding this went up to Atkinson rather than Jack for a big reason.Mr Willson came towards him and gave him a mysterious look

Mr Atkinson asked,

"What?"

"How does it feel to have  your two sons in prison while you are the main culprit"

Everyone was shocked rather than jack who was crying too hard

"WHAT ,WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

"On the occasion of the mystery Mr John was not the culprit, in the bank deposit there were two things one was the bracelet and another was a part of a gold.I went to Mr Atkinson house and saw the gold was same as it was in Mr Jack's watch.So the brother must have been the criminal.And I heard from Mr John that the bracelet was not with him for a long time.But with the relationship between Mr Atkinson and his younger son it may see that he hates him a lot so he put a tragedy story just to make his younger son in the jail.Then he and his other son decided to stay away a bit and he will eventually capture him just make sure there is no suspicious towards him"

"Then why did he put all the fault towards his other son"

"He didn't later on random circumstances he will let his other son escape and he will also retire from being a police officer."

"That's why he wanted to do it quickly"

"Yes, and lastly all of those things he did was because of when I came if I weren't he didn't have to fight with those mess"

Hearing this Mr Atkinson started crying he had revolver he pointed towards Mr Willson

"SHUT UP ANY MORE WORDS I WILL KILL YOU ANY MORE!"he shouted

Mr Frank also got the revolver against Atkinson but when he started to run behind

Mr John came with a long hard stick and hit it with hardness on his head

There was "SMASH" sound and Mr Atkinson was on the floor.Mr Frank gave an outstanding laugh and said

"Mr Willson you never disappoint how you found all of this"

"It's my job Mr Frank "

"Who is that unknown man exactly"

"Oh this is Mr Thompson, he is an old friend of mine"

"Hello, nice to meet you"

Mr Frank laughed more and asked 

"Why was it necessary to make up a false victim?"

"To make sure the brother was all on this also"

"Thats just genius Mr Willson "

"I may say I am surprised a bit myself on the way"

"There is a reason you are one of the best detectives in London "

"Thank you for the compliment"

Mr John later Hugged Mr Willson thanking thousands of times for helping him he wanted to hit his brother but Mr Tom didn't let him to.Later Mr John was freed and his brother and son was in jail.

Another mystery was solved by the great detective and I am on my way t

o end the story.

Thank you for reading



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.