Nothing to loose | Teen Ink

Nothing to loose

By ObssesedArtist, Whangarei, Other
ObssesedArtist, Whangarei, Other

If you dont stand for something
You'll fall for anything- Suckerpunch

Excuse the typos :)

The hardest thing for me was standing in front of the coffin and imaginging that she was sleeping, not dead. The funeral was over, Mama was gone and i was left on my own. Aunty had said that i was welcome to stay with her. As much as i didn't want to, i couldn't say that to her face, and i had no where else to go.

And so here i stand, with my book in one hand and bag in the other

Aunty placed my bag in the boot she offered to put my book in as well but i refused and sat in the back seat with it. "Do you want anything to eat or drink before we go?" She asked as she turned to face me. "I'm fine" i mumbled.

"It gonna be a two hour drive, are you sure you don't want anything?"

"No, thanks aunty."

"You don't have to call me aunt, you know." she answered from the drivers seat. "I prefer to." i softly replied. Moira simply nooded and started the car.

My name is Taylor Demourick, My dad left Mama and i when i was three. We never saw him afterwards. Mama and i were like bestfriends, doing lots together. There were no secrets between us. We were mistaken for sisters, thats how close we were, and now that Mama was killed, I felt like a huge chunk of me was ripped out. I felt empty and hopeless. Like nothing mattered anymore. She was gone, and i was alone.

I sighed and opened my book and looked through all the pages before i fell alseep against the window.

Once, i woke up it was pitch black, i presumed somewhere around midnight. Moira turned into a driveway and stopped at the old house.

"Well, welcome to your new home." She sighed as i undid my seatbelt and climbed out of the car. As i walked into my new room i mumbled good night and went for a shower. I wasn't hungry. Not after what had happened.

The next morning wasn't as interesting as Moira made it sound. She had searched the internet last night for a good school that i could go to. She thought it would be easier if i got into a school as quick as possible so i could get something else on my mind.

She had picked an all girls school. It wasn't far from here, i could easily walk there and back. I didn't dissagree to Moira's suggestion, i didn't even care when she said that i could start tommorow. We went to the school and talked with the principal. Her name was Mrs Balmore. She seemed like a nice lady, but very strict. I sat quietly in the spongy chair as She and my aunty babbled on about school related things. At the end Mrs Balmore handed aunty a school supplies list and we headed to the stationery shop. I scanned through some books looking for the 1b5's while the cheesy background music droned on and started to get annoying. On the way home i asked if i needed uniform. "No, its a non-uniformed school. Lucky for you." she winked. I smiled and looked through my book again.

The next day i left the house and walked up the driveway. My bag was quite heavy as the boks were crammed in it. As i walked to school i noticed that there was a boys school next door. A few boy's whistled when i passed. "Idiots" i muttered as i left thier school gates. Suddenly i heard a whisper. I looked around but no-one was there. I groaned and walked faster. The voices had returned. Ever since i was four i had been able to hear 'voices'. Mother was very worried about it and i went for conseling until i was nine. I eventually told mum that they had gone because i didnt want her to waste money on pathetic lessons that didn't help. After a while they did go away, but now. They were back. As i reached the school gates i went into the locker rooms and saw am empty locker. I walked over to it and opened my bag. "Hey! that ones taken, dumass." An emo looking girl snapped. "Sorry." i muttered "Shut up Kaley!" a pretty brunette girl piped up. Kaley shrugged and walked off. "Sorry she's just being an a-hole." The girl muttered. "Thanks?" i replied. "My name is Ashley. Mrs Balmore told me about you, you're the new kid right?" "Yeah.." i nodded. Ashley took me to another empty locker and helped me put my books in. "Umm what do you have next?" "Social studies." i muttered as i checked the timetable. "Oh, Amber is in your class then!" I nodded and sheepishly followed Ashley outside.

There was a blonde pigtailed girl leaning against the wall. She had a purple streak in a part of her fringe and she was obviously chewing gum, My first impresson was that she was a punk. "Amber!' Ashley called 'this is the new kid."

Amber pushed herself off the wall and walked over. "hey." she muttered. "hi"

"What do they call you?"

"Taylor... Demourick" i replied.

"Weird surname" Ashley muterred. "Hey Amb's do you have sos next?"

"Yeh, what about it?"

"Taylor's in your class."

Amber shrugged as the bell rung. "See ya Ash." Amber muttered as i followed her to the sos room. During Social studies Amber introduced herself and we chuckled at the teacher, because as Mr Harris was talking spit would fly out of his mouth and rain on the student in the front desk. I nicknamed him 'the living rain cloud' And Amber chortled even more.

At resess Ashley, Amber and i sat on a bench under the shade. "so, where do you live?" Amber asked as she took a bite into a chocolate cookie. "Up the road."

"hmm how about Tay?" Ashley muttered

"yeah that should work." Amber nodded.

"Huh?"

"Oh we're thinking of a nickname for you. See im Ash, and she's Amb's" Ashley smiled.

"Oh." I looked towards the gates and saw some boys lingering around talking to some of the girls. "What are they doing?" i asked.

"Oh, they're just being typical boys." Amber muttered.

I smiled and pulled out my book. "What's that?" Ashley asked as i flicked through the pages. "Hey!" i gasped as Amber snatched it and looked through the pages. Ashley leant over and looked as well.

"Wow, you're a good artist!"

Amber gaped.

"Who's the blonde lady?" Ashley pointed out as i walked around the table to get my book back. "Oh, her? No-one." i mumbled.

"Strange, she kinda looks like you." Ashley muttered.

"Your mums got black hair right?"

"What?" i gaped.

"I saw you two in the stationery shop." Amber shrugged, i nodded quietly. After the bell rung I walked to science. Luckily the subsitute teacher didn't notice as i slipped in the class and sat down. The next class i had was English. Mrs Gilange was very nice and she gave me a choclate and welcomed me to the class.

Once the final bell rung i left the gates and started to walk home. I heard the voices again as i passed the boys school.
"I haven't seen her before"

Said one."
she must be new." came another whisper. I groaned and turned my music up and walked faster.

In the next week i settled a bit. I knew now who was aproachable and who to stay away from. And i had learnt which classes i detesded and the others that were acceptable. Ash was in most of my classes, we sat in the back and had fun giggling about some stupid thing or another. I noticed that Kaley had started to snap at me more. I hated being the loser who kept on trying to stay out of the way. That wasn't me and i wasn't gonna take it anymore. "Hey, dumass!" Kaley called as i was walking home, one day. I clenched my fists and turned around to face her. "What do you want?" i replied. "For you to understand who rules this joint. If you're gonna go to this school then you gotta stick with the rules." "The only rules that i follow are my own." i spat. "What did you say?" Kaley retorted. "You heard me." i growled. "I better not have!" Kaley replied as she walked closer. "I didn't think i'd had to deal with a bi*ch like you." she snapped. "Takes one to know one." i sneered. "What's your problem?" "You." i relpied as some of the boy's had started to gather. "You better not get in my way." Kaley warned. "why would i?" "I don't know. But if you do it's not my fault if you go running home, crying to your mother." "My mother's dead." i snapped. Kaley's eyes widened and she was speechless. "Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone." i finished as i walked off, leaving Kaley stading there while some of the boys snickered at her.

When i got home i slammed my room door and fell on my bed crying. Moira knew better than to come in so she opened the door slightly and placed something on the floor and closed the door again. I walked over and picked it up. It was a packet of sour lollies, My favourite. I smiled weakly as i read her note:

Hope this helps.

xox

I sat on my bed while tears streamed down my face. As sai cried, i felt like some one had thier hand sitting on my shoulder.

I started to doze off, and fell asleep in my days clothes.

The next morning Moira didn't ask me anything. I hugged her and said thanks before i left. She was a cool aunty to have.

"I saw you fighting in front of the boys school" Amber said while we were eating lunch. My heart stopped. "But i got a call from Will, my boyfriend. during your fight and so i didn't see the end." she added.

I sighed with relief and continued picking through the lasange with my fork.

The next month i started to notice that when i walked home, a small group of boys watched. I ignored them and walked faster. School started to get boring as we got into the usual routines.

One day it was wet, windy and cold. I pulled my jacket up as i walked home. I looked up and saw the group of boys in the distance. I heard the sqeal of tires and saw a car swurve on the wet road, coming towards me. I froze and stared in horror. As the car came, i automaticly braced for impact. But as i heard the smash and tinkle of the windows i felt nothing. Apart from a strange floating feeling. I heard screams and shouts and an amblulance siren. But nothing worried me, i was floating peacefully.

As my eyes flickered open i looked around. I was in a hospital. The smell of drugs lingered around the room. "Tay!" Ashley gasped as she noticed that i was awake.

I weakly smiled and saw Amber stand up and walk over too. "What happened?" i asked. Ashely's eyes widened as she dropped her mouth.

Amber went and called the doctor. When he arrived he walked over and examined my eyes with a flashlight.

"What's your name?"

He asked.

"You're kidding?"

The doctor looked at my seriously and i realised that it wasn't a joke.

"Taylor Demourick" i sighed.

"Can you tell me what happened?" he asked.

"Aren't you supposed to know?"

He looked at me again in all seriousness.

"I don't know what happened."

"What's your last thing you remember?"

"I said goodbye to Ashley and Amber and left the school." i replied.

"She doesn't know..." Ashley gaped.

The doctor pressed the 'call a nurse' button and waited for the nurse to show up. He talked to her privately for a moment. The nurse nodded and walked off. She later returned and came to my bed. She pulled out the tubing from my wrists, but not the needles. The doctor pushed my bed through the doors and along the corridor. Suddenly Moira leant over the bed. "Taylor are you ok?" She panicked. "Ma-am could you please go to the waiting room." the doctor muttered. Moira glared at the doctor. "I'll wait for you ok?" she assured me, then galred at the doctor once more and walked off. I stared at the ceiling lights while i was pushed along. We then went into a strange smelling room. The doctor got a mask and placed it over my mouth and nose. I struggled to get it off. The nurse and the doctor pinned me down and he placed it on my face again. I started to feel dizzy as the anestetic seeped into my brain...

When i woke up again i was in a different room. looked down to see Moira praying at my bedside. I tapped her shoulder and she looked up.

"Taylor!" she gasped and hugged me. "I won't ever let that happen again!" She cried with relief. I smiled and hugged her back. After we had talked a bit the doctor who had asked me all the stupid questions came in.

"The results show that she has suffered a bit of amnesia from the impact. Unfortunately we can't fix it."

"Ok.." Moira sighed.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked. "im fine." i replied. The next morning i was allowed to leave the hospital. As it was Sunday i sat at home and drew in my book, while Moira kept a close eye on me.

On Monday i was dropped off at school. I got a few stares from people. Moira told me that she had invited Amber and Ashley over for a sleepover for me. I smiled and thanked her. They were excited and wouldn't stop talking about it. School seemed to speed up as Amber and i misbehaved in the back of every class. On the way home Ashley jokingly said to make sure that i looked where i was going. I didn't understand her joke and just shrugged it off. As we walked past the boys school the small group wasn't there, i looked around and guessed that they had gotten bored of staring at me. We took a right turn and walked down the street. "How much longer?" Amber moaned as she hated walking. "Not long."

"Ummm do we walk past him, or what?" Ashley asked.

"Huh?" i looked up and saw one of the guys from the group standing in the middle of the pathway. "I dont think he's gonna move" Amber muttered.

"I know another way." i shrugged as i turned left.

"Any others?" Ashley asked as i saw another guy from the same group, I turned back the way we came and the last member of the group was standing in our way. "Plan b?" Amber asked.

"Run" i whispered. We turned right and bolted into the park, I was ahead. I looked behind me to see Amber and Ashley not far behind. The boys were chasing us, and they were fast. I ran over the bridge and into the forest, we split up, and ran in different directions. The three boys did the same and followed. I sprinted past a creek and ran up a fallen down tree. As i reached the top i jumped off and fell on my side. I got up and kept on runnning. I looked behind me to see a black haired boy running not far behind. I took a sharp turn left and hid behind a tree once i had broken his line of sight. He stopped close by and groaned then ran off. I walked through the forest until i heard i scream.

"Amber!" i gasped as i ran in the direction her scream came from. As i reached an old oak i saw Amber sprawled on the grass. "Amber.." i called. She looked at me with eyes full of fear. "wun.."

"What?"

"umbush, wun" she gurgled while blood ran down from the corner of her mouth.

I heard a twig snap nearby. I looked back at Amber and mouthed "sorry"

then sprinted. I ran past another fallen down tree and saw A boy run up it. I ran faster and dodged his attack as he leapt towards me. As we got deeper into the forest i saw Ashleys bright pink sweatshirt. "Ash! Run!" I yelled. She screamed and followed me as i kept on running. I took a sharp turn and jumped over a large rock. As i reached the tree where Amber was last, she wasn't there, but part of the grass was stained with blood. "Amber?" i called. No one replied. i sighed and ran to the left and ran deeper into the forest. As i reached the middle i heard another scream. I ran towards it then stopped and watched from behind a bush. They had Ashley and Amber.

"Where is your friend!" the blonde boy yelled as he shook Ashley. "I-i don't know!" she spluttered. Amber was lying on the ground, face up and clutching her mouth. She was bleeding. "Can't you find her?" He snapped at the brown haired boy, who stared at the ground and shook his head. I sighed and formed part of a plan in my mind. I sprinted through the bush and ran past everyone. The boys left Amber and Ash' and followed me. I tried to break thier line of sight, but they kept cutting corners. I made a huge circle and sprinted. As i reached Ashley i scooped up Amber and followed Ashley; Amber was extremly light. As we were running the brown haired boy jumped in front of me. "Ash!" i yelled. As she spun i threw the screaming Amber over the boys head. Amber landed perfectly in Ashleys arms. "run!" i yelled as i took a detour. A glance back and i knew that they didn't want Amber or Ashley. As i ran the forest seemed to get lighter, i presumed i was reaching a clearing.

As i passed the last few trees, i skidded to try and stop. The skid was too long for the short stopping distance i had, and i tipped off the edge and fell down the cliff.

I chuckled as i landed in the river; the word adreanline junkie can describe me very well. As i broke the surface i looked up and saw two of the boys peering over the edge. I pulled the fingers up at them and swam to shore. As i got out of the water i ran along the rivers bank. I gasped as my side seared. I looked down to see i had a rather large gash along my side. My shirt was dripping with diluted blood. I ran around the next corner and saw the brown haired boy, i stopped and noticed that he had his head down. He was drawing something in the sand. I jumped as a pair of hands sat on my shoulders and pushed me forwards. I stumbled and landed close to the brown haired boy. "where is your angel?" the blonde boy spoke.

"what?"

"Your angel. Where is it." he repeated.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" i spluttered.

"I doubt she does know Caleb."

"Shut up Darcy!" He snapped at the brown haired boy.

"We are going to have to find her angel ourselves." the black haired boy said softly.

"Very well, Usai." Caleb sighed. as he knelt down beside me. I screamed as he touched my arm; i felt it shatter inside me.

"Fix it." Usai growled

Caleb sighed and touched my arm once more. The pain calmed down.

He then stopped and looked at my gash; a wide grin spread over his face.

A white blur sprang over me and Caleb was kicked in the jaw. Darcy attacked but was thrown onto his drawings. Suddenly vines shot out of the ground and wrapped over him. Usai stepped forward. "What is it Demon?" He spat.

"You are to leave this girl." the demon replied.

"And why so?" he sneered.

"Our intentions are far more worth than yours."

"Oh really? what would a demon do with a child?" he spat.

"She is not a child, but the angel you are wishing to corrupt."

Usai's eyes widenend and he took a step back.

"Leave her and your group will enjoy thier immortalilty for a bit longer."

"Fine! Take your precious mortal!' he spat ' Next time she won't be so lucky."

"There won't be a next time." The demon coldly replied.

"Or so you think." he sneered.

"If one of you leeches lays one more pale ,anorexic finger on her, you shall suffer." it spat.

Usai rubbed a corner of Darcy's drawing with his foot. The vines unraveled and sunk into the earth. The boys left and the demon turned to me.

"Do not be afraid Taylor." it said.

"You know my name!" i gasped, while clutching my side. The Demon nodded and took a step closer to me.

"what do you want?" i asked.

The demon cocked it's head to one side and softly chuckled.

"I do not want anything of you." As it turned to leave, i called out.

"Wait! what is your name?"

"My name is for me to know." it replied.

"Thank you." i softly said

"For what?"

I looked back up to see that the demon had gone.

I got up and followed the river. After a minute i reached the park again, as i walked over the bridge and back to the street i met up with Ashley and Amber. "What the hell was that about!" Ashley gasped.

Amber was concious, but still had blood stains down her mouth and on her shirt. I checked my watch. "Moira is going to be home in five minutes!"

"Crap, and we look like this?" Ashley moaned as she checked her reflection in her hand mirror. "Lets go." we sprinted home and got changed into some new clothes. I dragged out scrabble and we sat by the lounge table and laid a whole heap of words on the board and made up radom subtotals. The door opened and Moira walked in, she glanced down at the board and smiled. "I see you've been playing for a while. Did school finish early today?"

"Yes, thank you for inviting us, mrs?"

"Evans." she smiled at Ashley. I groaned as Ashley looked back at me with questioned eyes.

While Moira was cooking dinner, Ashley picked a whole bunch of letters and formed a sentence then pushed it to me:

Is there something you havent told us

I sighed and shook my head. She took the blocks back and formed a new sentence:

Then why is your surname different to your mothers

I took the words: mother away, and replaced them with:

Aunty

They stared at the words and made another sentence:

Where are your real parents

i sighed and took out the scrabble bag and made a long paragraph, practically using every block i could:

My mother is dead

she died last summer

My dad left my mum and i wen i waz three befor mum died now my aunt lookz aftr me

Ashley did a silent 'awww' and stood up and gave me a hug.

Amber said nothing and just stared at the words.

That night we watched a whole bunch of horror movies and snacked on lollies, I switched off the t.v once Amber and Ash' had fallen asleep. I slowly lay down and shut my eyes.

Visons of the day flashed in my mind.

The next morning Ashley insisted on me spilling the details of what they wanted, once she heard that aparently i was an angel we looked it up on google and searched whatever there was to know about them. "Aparently they eat mana..." Ashley mumbled.

"uhhh i dont..."

"Are you sure?"

"Ashley, i've seen Tay chow down a whole pizza.... if thats mana, then count me in!"

I laughed and went and grabbed some more lollies.

The months buzzed past with many more 'study times' and sleepovers. It seemed that Ashley was keen on knowing what i really was, if i was what they said i might be....

The boys went back to their usual routien of staring at me when i passed. And i guess i started to ignore it. It was just something that happened. No big deal, but i always kept an eye on them, in case Usai actually meant what he had said.

At home i was sitting at the dinning table; I was wondering, since there was so many different types of Angels, what was i?

"Taylor? what's up?" Moira asked as she noticed i wasn't eating.

"Oh!.. nothing" i muttered.

"Why don't you see if you can plan another sleepover with your friends?"

I nodded and stood up while Moira cleaned up, i went over to my room and txted Amber and Ashley to see if we could plan another sleepover at my house.

The next Friday we cautiously walked to my house. As we got inside the bags were piled in one corner while we went on google and searched up the Hiearchy of angels.

"So, you're saying it's not just angels?" Ashley gaped at the screen.

"Well we can cross off Orphanim." I muttered

"Why?" Ashley asked

"Do i look like a wheel- within - a -wheel to you?"

"Don't forget the hundreds of eyes" Amber chuckled, and scrolled down a bit further.

Soon we had a few on the list, The most possible would be either an angel or a gaurdian angel.

"So an angel or a gaurdian angel.." i muttered. As i turned i saw Moira at my door.

When Ash and Amb's had left Moira didn't bring up the subject until the night.

"How did you find out?" she asked.

"Wait.. you knew???"

"Yes, who told you?"

"A demon." i muttered.

"I see." Moira turned and left the room, she then returned with a rather large package. She handed it to me and went to bed.

I sat on my bed and opened the brown paper covered box. A letter sat neatly ontop of some robes of some sort.

I opened the letter and read it quietly.

Taylor.

I understand you must have a lightyears amount of questions. Unfortunately knowledge is not what you need the most. Inside this box contains your robes. As your human habits will remain i shall advise you not to dryclean, iron, bleach or wash it in any kind of way you can think of. These robes need not be cleaned as the are made in the heavens.

You will discover there will be one thing about you that is strange... That would be your skill. Use it to your needs, and the needs of others. You are assigned to a group of our angels by the name of Noga. Beware of who you friends and enimies are. Not all humans are what they seem to be. There are more creatures out there than you can imagine. The only exception in our ranks is one demon by the name of Delilah Jones. She will see to it that you are safe and kept in good hands. Although she does not speak much, you will learn alot.

On your sixteenth birthday you must leave home and join us. Do not show this letter to anyone, not even an angel who asks. No one is to be trusted.

At the exact time of your birthdate, put these items of clothing on and see to it that you never go back home again.

The terrors and dangers after you will be able to use any source of weakness you have if they know how to get to it.

We await your arrival.

Levanna.

I sat and stared at the letter. This was no practical joke.

I placed the box under my bed and checked the calender.

A month before my birthday.

I sighed and collapsed onto my bed.

"God if you can hear me now.... please help." i softly whispered as i shut my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Moira woke me the next morning and told me another thing.

My birthdate, was a lie.

It was today.

Tears rolled down Moira's cheeks as i hugged her and waited for the nightmare to end. Moira handed me a small chain bracelet, then let go and left the room. I stood up, slipped the bracelet on and pulled the box from under my bed, i took out the robes and placed them on my bed, shrugged off my p.j's and slipped them on. The robe fitted me perfectly. I gushed at the smoothness of the black silk. As i looked at my back i realised there were two rather large holes in the back. I stared at them in confusion. I looked back in the box and pulled out a strange piece of metal. i clipped it around my neck and stared as the stone on the metal changed from a onyx to a dark, muddy brown. I fitted on the other metal pieces to my arms and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I was beautiful.

As the alarm went off i looked at the time : 4:30 am.

Suddenly white light surrounded me and i shielded my eyes as it got lighter and lighter. After a while i dropped my arm and looked around. It looked as if i was in a cloud, everything tranparent and soft toned.

"Taylor." a voice called. I turned to see a strong built Brunette girl walk up to me. She had a spear in one hand, and looked as if she was ready for a battle.

"I am Levanna. The one who wrote your letter." she smiled.

"Where am i?" i asked

"Where are you? Taylor you are in the heavens." Levanna chuckled.

I gulped and nodded.

"I presume you are ready to meet your group, the Noga?"

I nodded and followed Levanna down some spiraling steps. As we reached the bottom a blonde angel walked up to us. "This is Taylor?" he asked. Levanna nodded. The boy smiled and shook my hand. "Welcome, and happy birthday."

"Aaren, if you do not remember, we do not celebrate birthdays." Levanna coldly interuptted. Aaren sighed and nodded, then silently walked off. Levanna lead me to a small table, ontop of it was a strange looking circle, it glowed a dark silver and seemed to make a small humming noise.

"This is your orb, it will take you to certain places. When you become more accoustomed to the place you will be able to go to more areas."

I picked it up and felt its warmth surround me.

Welcome Taylor, i have waited for the day you would hold me in your palms.

Levanna caught the orb as i dropped it in shock.

She chuckled "The orb spoke to you? Yes they tend to do that, it will explain to you what you need to know. You can speak to it as well." she handed me back the orb and i mumbled a sorry.

Forgive and forget,
the voice chuckled.

"What do i call you?" i asked.

Very good question, My name is Ezer, it is Hebrew for help.

I nodded and looked up to see Levanna leave.

Levanna is also hebrew, it means moon or light.

"What is it i am to do Ezer?"

I shall take you to the Noga when you are ready.

"Is that hebrew?"

Ezer chuckled,
Very well spotted, it means, light, brillance and it is the name of the planet Venus in hebrew.

"Shall we go?"

Before we do, i must tell you, the Noga are not in your modern times, some lands are still in medieval times. And they will not be pleased to see me.

I nodded and held onto Ezer tightly while the bright light returned.

As i the light faded i looked around to see that i was standing on a huge dirt patch. There were a few buldings and palm trees. Ezer floated toward some of the buildings, i followed him up the stairs. I reached the top and saw Delilah waiting for me.

"Welcome Taylor." she answered.

I nodded and looked at Ezer.

Delilah followed my gaze and glared at him. A tall blonde man walked up behind Delilah and gave her a hug.

"This is Taylor?" he asked.

"Yes Carius." she replied, still glaring at Ezer.

"I like you wings" he chuckled.

I panicked as i spun around in circles and saw glimpses of white feathered wings.

"It's ok. I'm an angel too." he smiled.

"Where are you wings?"

"Im not a heavenly angel." he shrugged.

Carius then looked at Deliah, who was still glaring at Ezer.

"Leave it." he chuckled as he ruffled her hair. Delilah moaned and combed her hair with her pale, clawed fingers.

"Why am i here?" i asked.

"Didn't your little ball tell you?" Delilah sneered, mostly at Ezer.

No i did not, I would think of it as your duty.
Ezer replied back. Delilah rolled her eyes and looked at me.

"I think you can handle it, she won't bite. but i will.."

Ezer sighed and floated over to me.
You are the first of the seven angels summoned by the Noga. You have a certain task to complete in order to prove yourself worthy of joining us. Every other angel that will be summoned will have a different task. If you fail yours, you will be executed and i will cease to exsist.

"No pressure" Carius chuckled. I stood silently and thought for while.

"What about the humans i knew?"

Moira has taken care of that.

i gulped and looked out the mosaic window.

"When am i to start?" i asked softly

"Abooooout now!" Carius replied.

Suddenly the white light returned, i shrieked and grabbed Ezer.

As the white light left i looked around. It was dark, cold, snowy and most of all deadly quiet.

"What is my task?" i asked as my breath came out in misty puffs.

Ezer chuckled

Simple, find the Tigers eye amulet, lost within the maze.

"That sounds too easy.."

Don't underestimate what you hear. Things can change with the blink of an eye in that maze.

"oh Pa-leese! like its gonna be Harry Potter 101." i snorted.

Don't say i didn't warn you.

Ezer sighed.

"Where do i start?"

Ezer lead me over to the beggining of a strange light filled wall. Snow crunched under my sandals and i walked inside. Ezer slowly followed me this time. I tapped on the wall. I was hard, but even though it was made of light, it did not lighten the maze. Ezer was my only source of light. "So what do you do?" i asked as i took a left turn.

I help you when you ask.

he replied. I nodded and took a right turn. "So the Amulet is in the centre of the maze?"

Indeed.

I sighed and made a another right turn. After an hour of silence and left, right turns. I saw a track of footsteps in the snow. I looked closely at them. "Are we walking in circles?" i asked.

No, those footprints are not yours, they are a different size.

"Who do they belong to then?"

Ezer floated above the maze walls and hovered about for a bit, then came back down.

It seems that a creture has managed to enter this void.

I gulped. "What is it?"

What ever it is, im not sure.

I nodded and kept walking.

As i took a left turn i saw a silouette in the distance. My heart skipped a beat. Suddenly the silouette dissapeared. My heart thumped uncontrolably as i ran. Ezer hummed as he kept up with me. As i took a right turn i realized that i had reached the middle of the maze. I smiled with relief and walked up to the small bird bath. As i looked inside it, i saw a dark shape behind my reflection.

I spun around and saw nothing. As i turned back i saw the amulet in the bottom of the bird bath. As i made to reach for it i heard a low moan.

"D-don't." croaked a voice.

I spun in the direction of the voice and peered into the darkness. I walked over to the voice. As Ezer approached i muffled a scream.

It was Amber.

Amber had blood across her chest and blood on her face.

I caught her as she fell.

"Amber what happened!" i shrieked.

"You're an angel." she mumbled softly in surprize.

"Amber! please, who did this to you?"

Amber lifted up a shaking hand and pointed. I looked in the direction and saw the dark silouette from the reflection.

"He said.. he would.. take me... to....you." she gurgled.

I wiped a stream of blood from the corner of her lip as a second one formed right underneath it.

"Tell... Ashley, im.....sorry....for..'

Suddenly Amber's voice cut off.

"Amber! NO! stay with me! please!" i sobbed.

Amber's eyes unfocused and she became limp.

"AMBER!" i screamed.

"Can't you help?" i sobbed at Ezer.

Im afraid i cannot.

he replied sadly. I looked back down at Amber and hugged her tightly.

I laid Amber softly down on the bloodstained snow.

"Such a cruel thing, Death." Said the silouette.

I stood up and faced the silouette. Tears rolling down my cheeks. Ezer hovered by my side.

"What do you want!" i demaned, my voice cracking slightly.

The silouette gave a dark chuckle.

"what isn't there to want?"

Demon

Ezer noted.

The silouette stepped forward into the light, and gave a malicious grin; Razor sharp teeth glinting. His black hair draped loosely over his face, covering the tops of his eye lids. The demons eyes were black, and his iruses red.
I took a step back.

"why did you kill Amber..." i softly said.

He gave a small chuckle.

"..Amber... thats a pretty name."

I looked at the bird bath and back at the demon. He curiously followed my gaze and chuckled.

"We can't touch it, you know."

"What?"

The amulet,the Demon can't touch it, or the water which it lies within.

Ezer replied.

"It's a bit harsh calling me 'the demon.'" he mocked.

"well tell us your name."

"My name is for my friends, why would you want to know?" he replied.

"So i can tell the angels who i killed tonight." i growled.

"Is that how you think it is?" The demon roared with laughter.

Sha'ul cannot die.

The demon glared at Ezer then looked back to me.

"Tell the marble that it is bad luck to call a demon by its name."

"The marble can hear you." i replied.

Sha'ul took another step towards me. I cautiously watched him.

As he leapt at me i ducked and stood behind the bird bath. Sha'ul spun around and galred at me. Ezer was humming in the distance.

Sha'ul pulled out a old, forked, broken sword. He swung it and hit Ezer.

"Ezer!" i screamed as the silver orb cracked and fell to the ground. Sha'ul did his evil grin and looked back up at me. As he ran at me, i scooped up a handful of water and splashed it at him. The water acted like acid and burned through his skin. Sha'ul clamped his hand over the wound and glared at me.

Sha'ul knocked me away from the nasin before i could grab another handful. As he walked over to me, i saw his arm's wound had repaired.

"What do you want!" i shrieked as he stood over me.

"The amulet." he chuckled.

"Oops, sorry you can't have it." i mocked in a high tone of voice. Sha'ul smiled and snapped my wrist. I screamed as he licked the side of my face.

"oops, i didnt know you were fragile" he snickered.

Suddenly a white light appeared behind Sha'ul.

Out stepped Aaren.

"Aaren!" i screamed.

He looked around and saw Ezel and Amber. Sha'ul turned and stared at Aaren.

"So, they sent me another creature to slaughter." He snickered.

"Don't speak to soon." Aaren replied calmly.

Sha'ul lept at Aaren, but landed in the snow. As i blinked a few times i saw that Aaren was now standing next to the bird bath. Sha'ul stood up and dusted the snow off his amour. "So, an angel of time, i see." Sha'ul noted.

Aaren gave a soft chuckle. I gasped and my cheek singed from where Sha'ul had licked me. As Aaren turned and waked to me; Sha'ul rugby tackled him to the ground.

Aaren flinched as Sha'uls claws dug into his arms.

Suddenly Aaren disapeared for a second then reapaered, he was struggling to get Sha'ul off of him. I jumped up to help, but Sha'ul leapt off Aaren and pinned me against the wall. "Be a good little girl and stay put!" he whispered in my ear. Then he slammed the sword at my throat. I flinched as i felt the sword crack the wall. When i opened my eyes i saw he had pinned me by the neck with his forked sword. Sha'ul chuckled as i struggled to get it off; he then turned and resumed the fight with Aaren. As i struggled to get the sword away from my throat, my hand slippde and i gasped as blood gushed from my palm. Sha'ul looked up from the fight and gave aaren the split second advantage.

Aaren disappeared and reapeared beside me. He yanked the sword out of the wall. I groaned as the wound had a green stinging substance inside it. Aaren was then yanked backwards.

I ran toward sthe bird bath and grabbed the amulet.

As my hand plunged into the water the wound Felt as if it had just burst open.

I screamed and dropped the amulet back into the basin. As i looked at my hand i saw that the water had closed my wound. I gasped for air and then plunged my hand into the water once more. I grasped the locket and pulled it out of the water.

I turned i saw Aaren fall to the ground, with the forked sword next to his troat and Sha'ul face me. "You're bad at following instructions."

I edged away as Sha'ul walked up to me. Suddenly Aaren shoved Sha'ul out of the way and sent him crashing into the bird bath. I gasped as pain seared in my palm. Aaren was pinned against the wall and got a huge scratch down his face.

"Aaren, no..." i gasped as i fell on my knees.

Aaren kicked Sha'ul and ran to my side. "Taylor! stay awake! please!" He slowly helped me up.

Suddenly a loud noise ringed through my ears, it sounded like when a radio cannot find a station and then the static noise replaces it.

My heart stuttered as i was yanked off my feet and dragged away from Aaren.

"Taylor!" he yelled.

I screamed as Sha'ul's claws sunk into my skin.

Then the dragging stopped. Well i had, there was something above my neck. I spun onto my back and saw the forked sword was slammed into the snow again. Aaren was fighting Sha'ul went more visitors arrived.

The vampires.

Caleb tried to pull the sword out of the eath but struggled and it was forced in deep. My hand was burning.

"Aaren...." i croaked as the last of the green substance entered my bloodstream.

Everything became blurry and i was so tired i didn't know half of the time what was happening. But a few things i do remember....

Aaren appeared and yanked the sword off me.

Someone picked me up, but they had cold hands.

The static noise stopped.

I heard myself scream a couple of times.

Sha'ul tried to grab me, i ended up on the floor.

The locket was still in my hands, until Aaren moved me.

I heard a few yells.

Someone picked me up, thier clawed hand over mine as they made me pick up the locket.

Something scraped across my back as i fell.

As i landed something sharp pieced my arm.

Everything went black.

When i awoke I felt as if i had been battered around by a cat, who was given a catnip mouse. I looked up and saw A red and black sky.

I sat up and looked around. Rocky, barren, dry....

Hell.

Then as i stood up and turned there was Sha'ul and next to him... my mother.

"Taylor!" a voice yelled.

My eyes flew open to hear me screaming. Everything stung.

I took deep breaths as my heart returned to a normal beat.

Aaren sat next to me.

"The others are coming."

he softly said.

"You're hurt." i noted as his baby blue robe was now a blackish red and half of his face was smeared in blood.

He gave a weak smile and continued looking for any sign of angels approaching.

I shut my eyes as a few white lights shone.

"What happened!"

"....Demon.. he killed Amber.. and Ezer" i mumbled as i opened my eyes.

Levanna walked over a picked up the black cracked orb, that was once Ezer. Another angel walked over to a crumpled body. "She's gone." he declared.

"NO! Amber!" i screamed trying to sit up.

"Woah! no... Taylor! Stay on the.. ground!" Aaren gasped as he wrestled to pin me back down.

"There been some vampires here too..." said Levanna looking at the snowtracks.

"How did you make them leave?" The male angel asked.

Aaren grinned proudly.

"I blessed the place, and made it holy."

Levanna glared at him as if he was a piece of dirt.

"...thank you..." i mumbled.

"Taylor, stay awake." he warned as my eyes drooped.

"Please...bring...Amber....." i moaned as my eye's shut.

I could have sworn i heard screeches, yells and the sound of wings.

When i awoke i was lying still on the snow. Everything was silent. I stood up and turned around.

The snow was dark red and bodies were carelessly tossed around the scene.

A few strange faces with sharp teeth were lying still as well.

I looked for Amber but couldn't find her, Nor any of the angels. I walked over to where the amulet was and picked it up.

"Give it here." said a voice.

I spun around to see Sha'ul grinning.

"You!' i gasped 'Where are the others!"

Sha'ul gave a casual shrug and held out his hand.

"You can't hold this..." i muttered.

"If you give it to me, then i can." he replied.

I shook my head and placed it back into the bird bath.

"You shouldnt have done that." said another voice.

Suddenly a smaller silouette stepped out from behind Sha'ul.

The smaller demon had very sharp claws and teeth. Her wings were slightly tattered and her skin, a pale grey.

She also had a purple streak in her blonde hair.

"Amber..." i gasped.

"My name is Sheva..." she snapped.

"Hebrew i suppose?" i muttered.

Sha'ul gave a small clap and chuckled.

"And what does it mean, do you suppose?" Amber snickered.

"Empty." i muttered.

"Very good! Now guess mine" Sha'ul chuckled.

"Fox." i replied.

"And how would you be able to prove that?" he snickered.

"Because your names, describe your personatlity." i sighed.

"Then theres only one thing left to do." Sha'ul shrugged.

Sheva snickered and licked her lips, like a hungry lion.

I ran back to the basin and picked up the amulet.

"If you can't touch this..." i mumbled as i slipped it over my head.

"Then you can't touch me." i finished.

"And what makes you think that!" Sheva giggled.

"This."

I walked up to Sheva and touched her arm. Sheva fell to the ground and shrieked.

As Sha'ul leapt at me i grabbed his forked sword off the ground and slammed it into his chest. Black blood spurted everywhere as it rained on me. I pulled the sword out of Sha'ul and walked over to Sheva.

Her Red irises widened and then looked up at me.

"You wouldn't.." she sneered

"I would."

"But im Amber, your best friend, you can't kill me." she said softly as she tried pulling puppy dog eyes.

"No, you are Sheva. You are a demon, and you were never my friend. Amber was."

Sheva's screech ringed through my ears as the forked sword slammed into her throat.

Flashes of white light appeared around me.

I collapsed onto my knees and sobbed by Sheva's body.

I pulled off the amulet and threw it away from me.

Suddenly i felt a familiar hand sit on my shoulder gently. I looked up, tears streaming down my face.

It was Aaren.

ObssesedArtist, Whangarei, Other

If you dont stand for something
You'll fall for anything- Suckerpunch

Awww thank you! :D

I have finished the next book, and im posting it up today, currently working on the next one.. Hope it goes well. Thanks for you votes and support! 

Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I really liked your story a whole lot. It was really good and I hope you write some more soon. :)