Scientist Werewolf | Teen Ink

Scientist Werewolf

March 8, 2012
By maybainter, Lugoff, South Carolina
More by this author
maybainter, Lugoff, South Carolina
0 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is never love till you give it away.


It’s strange how we meet people. Is it by chance or by something else entirely? These questions always pop up in what I do. I’m a scientist. Only strange thing is that I’m also a werewolf. It’s a strange thing to find a scientist that is a werewolf. I help try to find the cure to being a werewolf. Some people don’t want to be a werewolf like my daughter. I don’t get why she doesn’t want to be a werewolf. It’s an amazing gift.



But of course she’s a teenager that always see’s things horribly. Tonight is a meeting for all the teenagers with the new alphas. Party for them I guess. We adults will be together making a plan. Whoever is with the alpha will be very lucky. If it’s my daughter then she will be lucky and in for a rude awakening. I sigh as I walk out of my job and walk to my car. Next thing I know somebody has a bag around my head.



I gasp. “Shut up.” A rough voice whispers in my ear. I quickly start to calm myself down. I’m shoved into what feels like a van. I whimper at the pain from being shoved in so hard. “I said shut up.” Someone hits my head. It bounces against the floor of the van.





Amanda’s P.O.V.



“Where is mom? She should have been here a while ago. The alphas meet their mates today. I hope I’m not one. I heard the alphas can be pretty bad.” I tell my dad. He just grunts a response. Really? Can’t I get more than that? Oh well he’s a man. All men in my eyes are bad. They don’t care. I want someone who can care for me.



I head upstairs and start to get ready for the party. I choose a pair of black ripped skinny jeans with safety pins and chains in them and a t-shirt that has Black Veil Brides on it. I pull my black and white converse out of my closet and put them on. My black hair is in a choppy looking cut. It looks good though. I’m what you call mommy and daddy’s little bad girl. I’m an only child. For some reason my mother couldn’t have kids. They tried explaining it to me but I just couldn’t get all the terms they used. I don’t know half of what they say most of the time. They are scientists after all.



I walk downstairs and give dad a kiss on the head. I notice mom still isn’t here. “Do you know where mom is?” I ask walking to the fridge and pulling out a can of coke.



“No.” Dad says folding his newspaper up. “She should have been here by now. I will call her after you leave. Do you have your phone on you?” I pull it out rolling my eyes. “Good. Please keep it on you tonight.”



“Yes daddy.” Just then a horn honks outside. “Got to go.” I give him a kiss and walk out the door with coke in hand. I get in the car and get greeted by hey’s all around. I sent

a hey back and sit back sipping on my coke. I really didn’t want to go to this thing but my parents wanted me to.



When we get to the party I jump out and look around. Ugh. We are in a barn for the party. Really? Can we please do better people? I roll my eyes and wait for my friends to finish filing out of the car. James gets out and pulls me up in a hug. I gasp. Ow. “Cant. Breathe.” I gasp out. He lets go laughing. I punch him in the gut. He doubles over and I run. I am not going to let him catch me. I run behind someone I don’t even know.



“Amanda! I will find you! Don’t you worry!” I giggle and look up to see the most amazing eyes ever. Oh god. They were so beautiful.



Mother’s P.O.V.



I sat in the back of the car for what felt like forever till we came to an abrupt stop. I stay still until I feel a pair of rough hands pulling me up harshly. I stumble out of the car. They keep moving me straight then a door slams shut behind me. I hear it echo down what sounds like a long hallway. I keep listening for anything else but all I hear is silence. I don’t even hear another person breathing.

Next thing I know my arm feels like its getting pinched. I started to go under. They injected me with something. I hope it’s not harmful.



Father’s P.O.V.



I call my mate. She doesn’t answer. After five calls I start to get worried. I call our alpha. “Hello?”



“My wife isn’t answering her phone. She should have been here hours ago. I don’t know where she is.”



“Alright. I and a few of my men will be at your house in a little bit. Then we can go to her job after making a game plan.”



“Thank you.”



“I would do this for anyone. I couldn’t imagine my mate being taken.” The line goes dead. I hang it up and wait for them to come. Next thing I know I am being knocked out.



Amanda’s P.O.V.



I sigh. This party was boring. James still hadn’t found me or got me back for what I did to him. I didn’t plan on letting him.

Amanda's P.O.V.

I just stood around. Everytime I saw James I would turn and artfully walk away. I was currently in a very dark corner. Nobody could see me. There was some couple a feet from me smacking lips and couldn't stop long enough and walk away. I groan and push them out the way. They glare at me.

"Get a room." I mutter at them and turn around to look into the best eyes I have ever seen. Oh no. My mate.



Father's P.O.V.

I woke up sitting in a chair with a bag over my head. I heard my wife speaking. She was agreeing to something then I heard someone drag her away. I glared at whatever I could through the bag without letting them know I was awake.

"He's awake." Someone said. How did they know I was awake? I hadn't made a single sound.

"Good." Another voice said then the bag was ripped from my head.



Mother's P.O.V.



“Tell us! How do you modify it to work?!” Someone who had bad breath asked me.

“I don’t know!” I yelled for the hundredth time. “You can’t change the nucleus to work with what you want.”

“You know! Tell us!” Someone slapped me. I was blindfolded so I couldn’t see. I tried hard not to growl at them.

“I don’t know.” I said my voice deadly low. I was getting close. Someone put a needle in my arm. I suddenly couldn’t feel my wolf. I gasp. “What just happened?”

“We put a liquid in your arm so you can’t change.” I thought it up. It probably was possible if you took the time to go over it.

I suddenly heard a door to my right creek loudly open. “We have him.” I heard someone say loud enough like they knew I couldn’t use my super hearing. This means they most likely planned it out. They must have been watching for months maybe years.

“Look here. We have your husband. I wonder what would happen if we hurt him.” I gasped. No! I didn’t want them to bring my family into it. He didn’t say anything about my daughter though. I have no idea why they haven’t touched her.

“Don’t please.” I begged.

“Well then tell us.”

“I can’t. I was close to finding out. But you pulled me away from it all.”

“Well we can let you go back but your husband can’t go back with you. If you do anything wrong we will hurt him. You can’t tell your daughter either.”

“I promise not to.” I said with sadness in my voice.

“Good. Put her in the van and take her back to her car. Don’t undo the ties till she is sitting next to her car and don’t let her see our car.” He told them.

I felt myself being dragged out of my seat and pulled to where ever we were going. I thought about what I just told them. I told them a lie. I had begun to give up. The nucleus couldn’t be changed and it didn’t seem like the lysosomes or chloroplasts. I still couldn’t figure it out. I don’t know what it could be.

Everything seemed fine but the nucleus. Maybe I could change the nucleolus? Would it work. Hope sprung into my heart. Maybe just maybe it would work. I could get my family out of this. We came to a sudden stop. I jerked forward by the sudden motion.

“Come on.” I was pulled painfully up by my arm. “We are going to untie you. You unblindfold yourself before we are completely gone and I will hurt your husband.” I nod in understanding. Someone closes a car door loudly and I hear tires squeal off. I try and listen as they leave but it doesn’t work.

I wait a few more seconds and start undoing the knots in my blindfold. They did a lot of knots for people who were sure they were fine. Another pair of hands join mine. “Where is your husband?” The alpha asks.

“With them. I mustn’t tell my daughter. They will hurt him.”

“What do they want?”

“I dare not say because they may not want you to know and will hurt him. I must get sleep and come back to work more on the cells.” The blindfold falls to the ground and my eyes are burning.

“Ah. They want the cure.”

I just get up and pull myself to my car. “I will not say what they want. I do not wish my husband harm.”

“Well let me drive. The best way I can say it is you look like you were out partying all night.”

I look at him and roll my eyes going to the passenger side and sitting in the seat. I watch as houses, tree’s, and signs pass on the way home. I never paid attention before how many houses there were. It never seemed relevant but now it does for some odd reason. I needed to figure out the differences in the cells. The nucleus looks the same but the nucleolus is different. Its hard to explain. The mitochondrion, vacules, cytoplasm and ribosomes are the same. But the nucleolus, lysosome, and centrosome seem different in shape and look.

Maybe that is what I needed to do. Change all three of them and we would be normal. That may be it! I needed to try it! My foot tapped impatiently. “Please stop tapping your foot. It bugs me.” I stop tapping my foot and mutter i’m sorry. “It’s ok. Ready to be home?”

“Yea. I just want to see my daughter.” I lie. I was impatient I couldn’t try to see if my plan would work. I prayed it would. That would mean my family would be free. We stop at my house and the alpha’s eyes go wide for a moment then just gets a blank face.

“Well here you are. I will be heading back home now. Be safe and careful. I don’t want to lose anyone.” He gets out the car and walks to the forest.

I stare after him for a second in a daze. I was amazed. Usually our alpha wasn’t that way. He tried to keep it formal but this time he actually showed feelings and didn’t pull out his poker face. He had a really good one. You would never tell when he was nervous if you didn’t know how he acted. We were best friends when we were in high school.

Our parents wanted us to be mates. We ended up not being each other’s mates. When he took on all the responsibility our friendship just seemed to fade over time. We both became busy. Me and my cell work and him and his alpha position. I wish our kids could have known each other. It seems like I won’t meet his child. But I’m fine with that.

I walk into the house to smell an unfamiliar but yet familiar scent. “Amanda?” I yell. I hear a door open and someone running down the hall. Good to have my hearing back. I look up the stairs to see Amanda come around the corner. Behind her was a boy. I raised my eyebrows. She grinned and showed me her neck. She was mated.

That’s what smelled so weird in here. I can’t believe my daughter found her mate. I looked at the mark closely. It wasn’t ordinary. I looked at the details and it hit me. She was mated to an alpha. I stared at her with wide eyes. That’s why the alpha looked the way he looked.



Amanda's P.O.V.

I couldn't be the alpha's mate. No. He will want me to stay a werewolf. I wanted to be a human. Sure there are things I will miss. But to fit in and not have such a huge secret would be the best.

"Mate." He growls. Everybody turns their head. Great. It's like they have a super radar in for him.

Someone screams. "No! He's mine! I won't let you have him!" He turns around and yanks the girl up and throws her across the room.

"Don't. Threaten. My. Mate."

"Yes, alpha." Even the alpha's turn and bow to him. What the heck?

"So I'm like a royal alpha I guess you could say." Aaron says finishing his story. Yea we ended up coming to my house and talking.

"I never knew there was alpha's over alpha's." I say amazed.

"Yea. We keep it on the low to younger wolves. That way they don't go all crazy on us. Also you saw how that girl acted. Think of all the weird crazy ones doing that."

I laugh at that. The thought was too funny. "How did she know you were a big bad wolf?" I ask half playing.

"She was the ones my parents were hoping would be my mate. Plus she's in my pack." He shrugs.

"Oh."

He scoots closer and wraps his arms around me. "I'm glad she's not my mate." I smile. I'm not the one his parents wanted though. They wanted someone different. Because she was in their pack and was beautiful unlike me. "I think we are going to be a good pair. Your beauty and my handsomeness." I laugh.

"You know. There are so many things I could go into on that statement but I'm not going to." I giggle.

"Oh really?"

"Yep." I say popping the p at the end.

He tackles me to the bed. I laugh. He grins then kisses up my neck. I wiggle. He growls and then bites my neck where we are supposed to mate. I gasp seeing stars. I did not expect that one.



Aaron's P.O.V.

I kissed up her neck wanting her. I needed her to be mine. She starts wiggling against me and I can't help but mark her as mine. I bite her neck. I hear her gasp and can feel all her feelings. Shock, amazement, and anger.

I get done and look into her eyes. "Why did you do that?!" She screams at me.

"Because you are my mate and I plan on keeping you." I trail a finger down her cheek. I feel her shiver slightly under me.

"Why would you want to keep me?" She turns her head away. I grab her chin softly and turn her head towards mine.

"I want you. You are my beautiful and amazing mate. Why do you think so lowly of yourself?"

"Because I know I'm not beautiful." I kiss her.

"You are beautiful."

"Am not." I start to tickle her sides. She starts giggling. I tickle her more. She laughs. "Ok. You win."

"And?"

"And I'm beautiful." She smiles. I let her up. She walks to her door and opens it. She looks back at me. "For now anyways." She grins and runs out the door seeing me get up.

I follow her. Only to see her frozen at the steps staring down it. "Mom." She whispers.



Amanda's P.O.V.

I run to the steps only to freeze as I see my mom walk in the door. "Mom." I whisper. I see Aaron stop out of the corner of my eye.

"I see you are mated. To an alpha." She beams up at me. "So where is he?"

"I'm right here." He comes up behind me and takes my hand squeezing it lightly.

"I hope you didn't do anything." She uses her stern voice. I blush.

"GOD NO! MOM!" I yell.

Aaron laughs lightly. "No. I have more respect than that."

"Good." My mother says. "Well I'm going to get some sleep." Mom walks by kissing my forehead.

"Sleep well mother." I say.

Aaron waits until my mother closes her door fully then picks me up and starts walking down the stairs. "So you say that you are not beautiful huh?" He grins then sits me on a stool in the kitchen.

"I'm not. I know I'm not and it won't change." I say stubbornly.

"Ah. I will change that. Do not worry." He keeps on grinning.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.