A Gripping Fear of Pencils | Teen Ink

A Gripping Fear of Pencils

September 24, 2018
By Anonymous

The writing titled “A Gripping Fear of Pencils,” written by Alexis K., talks about her fear of touching a pencil. Her writing left me feelings with the impression of excitement. Word after word felt like a thrill creeping up my spinal cord, and gasping the intent of Alexis K. was like biting into a juicy apple. Alexis’s writing was quite deceiving because she stated she would always be passionate towards the art of writing, but, later on in her life, she looks into the subject of science as a desire. In fact, I had to vaguely screen over the well-structured passage twice after I fully read the selection to understand and to not be deceived. Also, I was surprised Alexis established a barricade into writing because she quoted, “I was a masochist for writer’s cramp.” Plus, I was able to relate with her on many topics. For an example, I always have trouble typing up my first sentence and Alexis had the exact same problem. Alexis wrote, “The first sentence was the hardest.” I was intrigued and amazed by Alexis’ style of writing because she knew what to include in her story to catch the eye of the reader. She surely caught my eye and attracted my attention.