Innovation: Affordable Jeans | Teen Ink

Innovation: Affordable Jeans

By ok-yazmin BRONZE, Tynsboro, Massachusetts
ok-yazmin BRONZE, Tynsboro, Massachusetts

They’re ripping off people by having high prices on jeans. Everyone wants to be stylish by wearing ripped jeans, but some people can’t afford it because the prices on jeans are way to high.  The average person, or teenager needs to be able to afford brand name jeans no matter what.

As the CEO of American Eagle, I would lower the prices at least every two weeks.  There needs to be at least some sales on jeans that they know people will buy, or they can have sales on jeans that are out of style but people will end up still buying them if they are nice. They should at least have a sale on some type of jeans and see how low they can make the price go. They won’t make a lot of money because some of the jeans in some stores are very expensive and some people can’t afford that, so they can at least some type of sale so they can at least buy jeans but at a affordable price. Affordable prices that is appropriate for people is like $20 - $25. People are able to afford that but jeans that are like $45 - $50 are way to expensive. I understand that the reason jeans are high price is because the places the jeans are at are very expensive. But those places that have high jean prices are very popular. I personally think that the jean prices should be lowered at least like $10 or even $20. They need to have some type of sales on the jeans that they know people will like very much.