Gangs And Crime | Teen Ink

Gangs And Crime MAG

One of the best ways to prevent gangs and crime is to educate kids before they become involved. Showing kids the dangers and consequences of gangs and crime at an early age is the first step to keeping them out of trouble.

If adults show their kids jails where criminals are incarcerated and the misery they experience, then there is a good chance the kids won't commit crimes. If a kid knows that he will end up spending years in jail for committing a crime, then he may think twice. If adults show their children the graves or a list of people who have been killed in gang violence, there is a good chance the kids will stay out of gangs. Educating children about the dangers of the streets when they are young is the only way, because once the child reaches school-age, peer pressure kicks in and they stop listening to the adults around them.

Most young kids are afraid of jail and dying. As they get older, some see jail as a merit badge and death as glorified. Therefore, if you teach them that being involved in gangs and crime might get them locked up or even killed, they will stay away. Education is not the only answer, but it is one of the easiest and more effective ones. Children must be taught crime is not the answer. Gangs are a dead-end street. Education is the road to be on. ?

LOLTRON said...
I would have to disagree... if you show kids jails and "hoods" early in life that doesnt mean they wont join gangs and do violence. Personally i think your a fool for thinking that