My Philosophies | Teen Ink

My Philosophies MAG

By Anonymous

   Number 1: "Weird" or "different" isn't necessarily bad. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it wrong.

This theory applies to people, ideas, fashions, religions ... anything people are scared of or think is wrong because it's "weird" to them.

Gays and lesbians have been labeled as "weird" by society just because their sexual preference isn't accepted by the mainstream. I am a heterosexual and maybe I don't understand homosexuals, but I don't think they are wrong or bad. They have a right to be who they are and I admire those gays and lesbians who are fighting for their rights.

Number 2: Never wear shoes that hurt your feet.

This theory can be taken literally or symbolically. You will never catch me in pointy-toed or high-heeled shoes. No way! My perfect shoes are black, clunky boots. I wear them with everything, even dresses.

In another sense, I mean "Don't do something if it doesn't feel right." This philosophy is not to be taken as an excuse not to do the dishes or your homework just because you don't feel like it. But used it as a guide to make important choices - always follow your heart.

Number 3: It doesn't really matter what other people think of you.

This theory kind of ties in with Number Two. Do things to please yourself; dress the way you want to and have whatever friends you want. You will win over more people with self-confidence and individuality than you will if you're a clone. If some low-life makes fun of you just because you do things your own way, just remember - they're probably ranking on you to impress their friends. Some people always worry about impressing other people!

Number 4: Smile: it confuses people!

If you haven't noticed, happiness is contagious. Try smiling at everyone, even your enemies, for a whole day. You'll be surprised how many people smile right back. You'll also be surprised how many people will think you need to be committed to an asylum. But you'll have fun doing it!

Number 5: Life is an adventure!

My dad uses this theory every time something unexpected happens. When everything seems to be going wrong, just treat it as part of the adventure, and hang on for the ride! ?