Movies | Teen Ink

Movies MAG

These days you may ask yourself the question: do movies actually provide viewers with what they want to see. If you look at the box office money, your answer would be yes, but I say no.

I admit that some people actually act like those crazy people in "Cape Fear," but why do people go to these movies? As long as you don't look like you are twelve, it seems you can get into most R-rated movies. It seems as though nothing is good, unless it is rated R. Every other word coming from these actors' mouths are swears. I admit I have seen R-rated movies, and very rarely have I seen anyone in these movies suggest anything to stop violence or use protection during love scenes.

Some people claim that the language isn't really that bad and that people swear all the time. If this type of language is so common for children to hear, for whom do they have this rating system of G, PG, PG-13, R and NC-17?

Movies today are not now providing what people should see, but rather they are promoting violence and sex. I believe this is wrong and should be changed. n