Meeting Gabriel | Teen Ink

Meeting Gabriel

May 13, 2009
By Deliah GOLD, Narnia, Other
Deliah GOLD, Narnia, Other
10 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Every night, I'd lie awake waiting for the angel Gabriel to come and visit me. Unfortunately, my revelation did not come in this way.
Hell. The worst of the four-letter words,it symbolized a realm of eternal flame. It was the place God would one day sentence me for my pubescent desires toward the same sex.
Upon closing my eyelids, I was on a train to a forbidding land. The concentration camps,they called it. I was held at gunpoint by a member of the Gestapo.
"Come and take a shower",one of the doctors had told me. I knew what was coming-bracing myself for what lie ahead, I called upon the Lord.
"Spare me,from the wrath of the smoldering flames!",I cried.
I was not greeted by a blinding light. Nor did I meet my end. It happened one warm, August day during history.
On the TV screen, images of the bomb dropping at Hiroshima and Nagasaki flashed before my very eyes , followed by images of hijacked planes hitting the Twin Towers. People were crying, as the buildings erupted in flames.
"Hell on Earth", I said to myself. Us humans have created Hell.