I am Not | Teen Ink

I am Not

March 15, 2021
By kailittaritz BRONZE, Lisbon, Wisconsin
kailittaritz BRONZE, Lisbon, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I think it’s hard to know what you are and what you are not in high school. The problem with deciding what you aren’t, is how do you know that? I think you have to go through and try different “versions” of yourself, in order to finally find out who you truly are. This is no easy process, as people can go their entire lives without knowing who they really are. You can’t just say you aren’t something, without trying it, living it, and experiencing, before then deciding if that is who you are. So far throughout my life, I have learned a couple things about myself. I am not lazy.  If I want something, I will go get it. There was a period of my life where I just didn’t feel like I was giving my dreams everything I could and it made me feel disgusting. Now that I am doing everything that I can do accomplish my dreams, I feel way better about myself and that makes me feel I know one thing I am at least not. Without going through these times in your life, you are not going to truly find out what you are or are not.


The author's comments:

I wrote this article about what I feel I am not, but it is hard to know who you truly are at such a young age and I think a lot of kids can relate to that.