Crockpot | Teen Ink

Crockpot

By Mateo-Haeuser BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mateo-Haeuser BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

The best part about practice for me is leaving to eat food at home. Even cereal is amazing to eat. However, there is one thing that kills my mood about food more than anything and that is the crockpot. Inside the crockpot is a large, cooked roast beef with bubbles slowly rising up from below like a swamp. Veggies are dull in color and slumped over the meat. For some reason when I eat food from the crockpot, it never satisfies me. If anything, it feels more like a job than a meal. I feel like I am putting more effort into chewing aggressively than in practice sometimes. To me, food from the crockpot is just not worth my time. The meat always feels unsatisfying, especially when cooked with vegetables. Roast beef is my least favorite thing that is produced by the crockpot because it takes an excruciating amount of time to chew. I never tell my mother this because she always makes very delish food and she works so hard on certain dishes. It is not often I see this slow-cooking device. But when I do, I know I will have a very long dinner trying to force myself to finish all the food. These are some reasons I dislike the crockpot.