toddlers and tiaras | Teen Ink

toddlers and tiaras

October 4, 2009
By Lindsey.L SILVER, New York, California
Lindsey.L SILVER, New York, California
9 articles 4 photos 10 comments

Fake hair, fake nails and overdone makeup. No I’m not talking about a celebrity, I’m talking about toddlers. Have you ever seen the show toddlers and tiaras? If you haven’t, then plop down on your couch and watch as parents teach their learning toddlers that in order to be beautiful you have to wear a hair piece at the age of five. Loving and caring mothers only watching out for their little ones “best ‘interests “put their kids into “beauty pageants”, which really aren’t beauty pageants, but a lets see whose kid can where the most makeup and the tiniest bathing suit and win money for it contest. These poor kids are robbed of their child hood and put into these pageants without having fair say. If a poor little girl says she wants out, the mother just laughs it off and forces them to think that beauty is being anyone but your self. But if the toddler is willing to do it, then by all means let her grow up that way. But parents have no one but their selves to blame when they’re toddler has the wrong idea about beauty when they’re older and has plastic surgery at the age of 15. So if you’re a parent and enteringyour toddler into a pageant, don’t do it for the money, think of your child.