Worried about marriage | Teen Ink

Worried about marriage

It amazes me how many of us do it. Say that we're going to get married to the "love of our lives", aka, our current boyfriend or girlfriend. And then we break up with them, and go out with someone else eventually, only to say THEIR the love of our life, and we're going to marry THEM. Personally.. I think we're all ignorant, naive, stupid teenagers, that get overwhelmed in puppy love. Yes.. I said it; We're all just plain dumb. You're not going to marry the guy you're going out with when you're a freshman in high school!!!! There are very, very.. VERY rare cases of high school sweethearts, lasting their entire high school career's together and then getting married and lasting their entire lives together. I'm sorry, but not everyone can be Cory and Topanga Matthews. Its just not possible. Ok.. MAYBE seniors, who get together their senior year. But these underclassmen saying their going to marry their current "significant other" is only lying to themselves. I'm not saying that I haven't done it, because I have. I've stooped down to the stupidity that I will marry my current boyfriend right out of high school to live happily ever after in our 3 story mansion with our 2-3 kids and blah de blah blah blah. I guess I'm just sick and tired of seeing all of these "me and my baby forever" or "I'm going to marry the love of my life" or even "he's mine forever" headlines on underclassmen's.. sometimes even middle schoolers, myspace profiles. And I'm asking all of you to open your eyes and realize that your more than 99.999999998% likely to NOT marry your current love interest.