Turtles | Teen Ink

Turtles

By tombstone_blues BRONZE, Brisbane, Other
tombstone_blues BRONZE, Brisbane, Other

"It is not God. That is an archaic name given to this entity by societies in the past, and by people now who are locked into anachronistic thinking. we need a new term, but what we are dealing with is not new." (Phillip K. Dick, VALIS)

I have a certain appreciation for turtles. A solitary life: no cliques, never a need to worry over social acceptance, no efforts to conform to the social structure in which we reluctantly and surprisingly find ourselves in. A dreamlike existence: to glide endlessly through the ocean, silent, introspective.
And yet, there is the simple triumph of survival that permeates through the turtle's very psyche. The victory over struggle, from birth, which the turtle constantly exudes as it drifts through an unending no-mans land.
The simple fact that, even though the turtle has no defensive mechanisms, no way to defeat or escape predators, it survives to this day, as a testament to the underdog: we won't ever grow larger, or stronger or more dangerous, but at the end of the day we will have something so much more. We will have unlocked to the ultimate key to selective nihilism. Those that oppose me do not exist.

This is the answer to a question I got asked on ask.fm: "What is your opinion on turtles?"
If you want to, check out my ask.fm: There's some more stuff on there like this; and ask me any questions you want or whatever.