Best Book Ever | Teen Ink

Best Book Ever

By basketballgirlie123 BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia
basketballgirlie123 BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia

Best Book Ever

John Green wrote the book I am reading. The Fault In Our Stars is a very great book. John Green has wrote many other wonderful award winning books. One is Paper Towns. John Green’s books have inspired me to be thankful of what I have.

Hazel Grace is a cancer patient that has Thyroid. She has a bit of it in her lungs. It causes her to have trouble breathing. Hazel hates going to her support group, but her Mother thinks she is depressed so she has to go. Hazel decides to go, and there is a new face. She finds this, new guy, Augustus very attractive. When they are all gathered in a circle they say their name, diagnoses, age, and how they we’re feeling. Hazel started to like going to the support group because of Augustus.

Hazel is sixteen. She is very smart and loves to read the book Imperial Affliction. To survive, Hazel has to carry around an oxygen tank around with her. Why? Well, her lungs don’t function well. Otherwise, Augustus is in pretty good shape. The cancer he had made him get a leg cut off, but he has a fake one. Augustus has a good life compared to Hazel.

Augustus had another girlfriend named Candice. She died from a brain tumor. To him, it was like losing part of his life. His girlfriend he spent years with, now gone. He had it rough. Hazel doesn’t want to be a grenade. She doesn’t want to lead him on, and then die on him. She tries to ignore him and stay away from him, but she can’t hold back her love for him.

The theme of The Fault In Our Stars is nothing goes as planned. The tone of this book was sad and love. The emotion of this book is from characters. Hazel and Augustus don’t want to die and not be somebody. They want the world to remember the names, but not from dying of cancer. Hazel doesn’t want to leave Augustus behind.

Peter Van Houten was the author of Imperial Affliction. Augustus and Hazel both are obsessed, and show their love for this book to each other. Once Hazel finished reading the book, she wanted to know what happened to the characters after. The question has been haunting her ever since she finished. When she found out Augustus emailed him, and he responded, she sent him an email to asking about what happened. He didn’t respond for a while. Then, he told her he would tell her in person. So, they took a trip to Amsterdam with the wish Augustus has. The wish is from a cancer company making cancer patients wish come true. Will Peter Van Houten be the brilliant writer or will he be a big jerk?

Overall, The Fault In Our Stars is an outstanding book. I hate reading, but this is book kept me interested. If you love reading about love tragedy, then this is your book! I would recommend this to children and adults. The reason for children and adults is because we need to start being thankful for what we have. This book is incredible and John Green is an amazing author. I rarely read, but now when somebody asks “What’s your favorite book?” I can say The Fault in Our Stars.

I hope people will get interested and decide to read the book.