Boys Town | Teen Ink

Boys Town

By Josie1099 SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska
Josie1099 SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska

Be careful who you trust, because the devil was once an angel

I have always been a headstrong girl. When I said that I was going to do something I would do it and no one could stop me. There was a point in my life where everything was chaos. I was defiant and horrible to be around. That is how I wound up at Boys Town. I was only 12 at the time but I thought that I was smart enough and tough enough to rule the world. No one could stop me when I wanted to do something. I went into Boys Town thinking that no one could change me; I left a completely different person but in a good way. Before I was a bully and I was bullied. I thought that the world was out to get me and that if someone had a problem with me it was their faults not mine. I used to hate the world just because I could, but finally someone was able to break it down to me in a way that I could understand. I wasn’t trying to be a “bad girl” or anything I just didn’t really take the time to figure out how I should act. Even though my parents tried to teach me I just didn’t take the time to implement what they said. Once I learned to slow down and that I don’t have to grow up a mile a minute I realized that I had to become a kinder person. I realized that I wanted to do well and be successful for my own sake not just to get someone off my back. In other words don’t block out the world because everything happens for a reason.