Childhood Memories | Teen Ink

Childhood Memories

January 8, 2014
By Anonymous

Childhood memories. Have you ever had a bad childhood memory? Well, I have. It was nerve wrecking. I know that this is a memory I will never forget.

I’m sure you’re thinking about what happened. Here I am, about to explain. It was my mom and I heading to our old house to get a few things. We were driving in our correct lane and we had the green light. The next thing I know is we just wrecked. Someone just rammed into us. Then all of a sudden I wake up from this passout type thing and I’m sitting on the console balling my eyes out, asking my mom if my face is okay. Then I look in the rearview mirror at myself and see that my face looks just like it did before the accident. Now I bet that you’re wondering why I was worried about my face; well long story short, my mom dated this dude’s son wrecked in a ditch and the airbag tore his face up. That’s why I was worried about my face; I didn’t want to look like him. Anyways, my mom was flipping out, wanting to get out of the car and beat up this person who hit us. Then there was this man that came up to us and tried to get us out, but my door was smashed in. He was telling us to calm down, take a deep breath, and be patient for the ambulance to come. He told me to sit back down in my seat, so I did. My mom’s door was opened and she wanted to beat this man’s butt, she was cursing up a storm. We were both freaking out.

Ambulance! Here comes the ambulance, I was a little scared. Scared that they were going to separate my mom and I. They started with my mother, they put a neck brace on her, then they opened up my door and put one on me, too. After that, the ambulance people put us on those hard hospital beds, then to the ambulance vehicle we went. I was scared that I wasn’t going to be in the vehicle with my mom, that we were going to be separated, but we weren't. We went in the same vehicle and the whole time, I was having a conversation with one of the doctors. When we got to the hospital, we were there for about five or more hours. My mom and I were in pain because we had to stay laying on those hard beds, until we were able to leave. While we were laying there, we found out that it was a girl about eighteen years of age, and she was in a rush to get home because she wasn’t supposed to have her parents’ car, her parents were out of town and she was trying to beat her parents home so she wouldn’t get in trouble. She ended up turning on a green light and not the green arrow, and crashed into us. I must admit, that was the scariest thing that’s ever happened to me. And you know what’s weird about it? Usually whenever I would leave to go somewhere with my mom, I would pull my seat up and not wear my seatbelt. That day I didn’t pull my seat up and I did put my seatbelt on, which is what was really odd…

Whenever it happened, I was feeling very odd and different. I was in fourth grade. I felt all these mixed emotions. I mean, whenever the car hit us, I like passed out and then woke up and I was sitting on the console, balling my eyes out. I was nervous, sad, scared, I felt lost, and upset. This memory still lingers because it was my first wreck; it scared me, and it’ll be in my memories forever. It affects my thoughts and beliefs today because I never know whenever someone will pull out in front of us again. Also, I’m driving already, and soon I will have my own car and license and be on my own. Something could happen in a blink of an eye and I wouldn’t know.

One of my childhood memories is my wreck. It was the scariest thing ever and the road that we wrecked on, still scares me. A lot of people in this world do not watch what they are doing, which causes a lot of problems and wrecks.


The author's comments:
It's a memory that I'll never forget.