Kids Vs Chores | Teen Ink

Kids Vs Chores

By KaylaAH BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
KaylaAH BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Chores can be fun and teach a valuable life lesson and it will benefit you when you're older.My mom did a lot of chores when she was younger and now she owns her own cleaning business and she is really successful with a lot of apartment complexes she has to clean everyday. Chores are an important part of any part of your life just as much as homework, sports or anything else you have going on in your life. Kids should have chores because it’s important so when you get older and become an independent adult. Doing chores teaches children responsibility, values, life skill. They also make them a better citizen in the long run by if they see someone and they need help with their yard work they’ll help them and a lot other things too. Kids also need chores to learn how to be a responsible adult. 

Chores are important because it teaches responsibility, values, and life skills. Studies show that seventy five percent of parents said that they believe that chores make the kids more responsible as they get older(Tribune.)   Doing chores does help because what your parents teach you when you get older especially chores helps you as you get older and live on your own. Three percent of parents said that doing chores everyday helps teach important life lessons. This is true because parts of life lessons is having to do chores because when you get older you're gonna have to do chores all by yourself with no one there to tell you what to do and making sure it’s done right. Giving kids chores everyday sends them the message that being apart of a family means having to work together and doing things for a good reason(“Chores and Children.”)  This is very important because when you're older your kids are gonna have kids of their own and and they need to be able to know how to keep a house clean and to be able to teach their kids how to clean so when they get older also.

Doing chores help kids be a better citizen in the long run by if they see an elder trying to rake up the leaves in their front yard they will stop and ask if they need help and a lot more reasons. Doing household chores is a good way to contribute to the household(Education.) This is most definitely true to me because learning chores will end up carrying  throughout the household and the community(Weldon.) “Research shows that a children's ability to control his impulse  at an early age is predictable of success even decades later as a healthy, financially, stable, and positive member of the community” Doing this all makes a positive and good citizen as you get older. Doing chores will also make children help others outside of the house.This is true because it will make you want to help others at school, and the community. In closing I would like to say that it is important to help others around you because it will help you in the long run of when you become an elderly person because god will give you promising happiness

Kids need chores to learn how to become a responsible adult. When sending your children college not knowing how to wash anything, cook anything, or even change a lightbulb.   This is completely true if your kid doesn’t how to do any of these things then you weren’t really a parent at all which means you don’t care what happens to your child as they grow up and become an adult and that means that you were never there for them and you just had someone do stuff for you because maybe you were never taught as a child and the people who did everything for you didn’t care about teaching them either. “ Having kids do chores will start to make them become financially literate by balancing wants and needs and understanding that when moneys gone it’s gone” says Chad Kauffman.  Yes this by far is my favorite quote out of all the other ones I’ve done so far because money doesn’t grow on trees and when you're younger you really need to learn the responsibilities of money and how wisely to use the money you get and not just waste it on something that you really don’t need but put it towards something you really need or to pay bills than just wasting it. Research shows that children at a young age in doing chores were more likely to be successful in adulthood. Yes I knew someone who had a lot of chores when they were younger and know there very successful in adulthood. In closing I would like to say if you do chores when you're younger you’ll most likely be more successful in life.

Kids Shouldn’t have chores for many reasons. Parents feel that having their children do the chores is a lot of work because they have to supervise them so they can make sure that the kids are doing the right thing(“Chores and Children”)  That's just plain laziness on the parents part because a kid really needs to know how to  keep a house clean when they're older and live on their own their house will look like tornadoes hit it a whole bunch of times. Success in school and extracurricular activities is way more important than household chores(Kashdan)    Chores is important the same as homework and extracurricular activities because without them everyone's houses will be disgusting. This is all true but the main reason kids don’t like to do chores is because a lot of parents don’t make it fun for the kids so when the kids are doing chores their board most of the time so their not wanting to do the chores.

Kids should do chores because it teaches them almost everything they need to know about becoming a responsible adult. Parents need to realize that it is really important that kids have chores so they can grow up to be an independent grown up and not to have their family to do everything for them. I believe that in the future more kids will want to do chores because their parents will always made it fun for the kids so they’ll want to do them and more parents will want their kids to do chores and will make them do them even at a young age.

Works Cited
“Chores and Children.” Psychology Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
Education, U. S. Department of. “Helping Your Child Become a Responsible Citizen.” www.2.ed.gov. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
Kashdan, Jason. “Chores May Have Long-Lasting Benefits for Kids according to Wall Street Journal Article.” N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
Tribune, Chicago. “Why Aren’t We Expecting Our Kids to Do Chores?” chicagotribune.com. N.p., 13 Oct. 2014. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
Weldon, Laura Grace. “How Kids Benefit From Real Responsibilities.” Laura Grace Weldon. N.p., 25 July 2012. Web. 5 Jan. 2015
       Chores May Have Long-lasting Benefits for Kids According to Wall Street Journal Article." CBSNews. CBS Interactive, n.d. Web. 06 Jan. 2016.
   "Study Finds Having Kids Do Chores Is a Good Thing." Washington Times. The Washington Times, n.d. Web. 06 Jan. 2016.