Realizing Personal Economic Independence | Teen Ink

Realizing Personal Economic Independence

By WriterExpert7 GOLD, Lahore, Other
WriterExpert7 GOLD, Lahore, Other

"What I am looking for is not out there, it's in me." ~ Hellen Keller

An individual is initially dependent on others during the early phase of life; first 20 years. Throughout this phase, the person obtains knowledge on multiple subjects, attains wisdom through manifold observations, and builds up moral strength by means of spiritual/humane practices. Nevertheless, the person is barely in touch with the business world during this phase. Later on, along with multi-dimensional independent life experiences, the individual, in the second phase of life, is consequentially apprised about economic fields and economic works.

Human life embraces multiple needs and countless facilities for normal living. Basic human needs include healthy food, fresh water, proper clothes, right sanitation, complete shelter, necessary medical aids, easy transportation and appropriate education. The innate human nature extends the individual's contentment boundary towards countless paraphernalia of life, such as, aesthetic dressing, delicious foods, magnificent residence, superior education, unlimited medical assurances, and so on and so forth. In order to fulfil both, needs and facilities, money is the fundamental prerequisite. Proactive efforts are indispensable to earn money units. Namely, a work for the sake of monetary reward is called an economic work.

Technically, personal economic independence is defined in the dictionary as "the income threshold at which a person can live without relying on the support of others." At this stage, the economic agent can purchase required, and even desired, goods for personal advantage. Realistically, stream of successful execution of economic works by the individual is the only way to reach personal economic independence. The main ambition of this article is to portray the roadmap towards the actualization of a stable income stream, and hence, economic independence. I will try to reach the focal point of the paper by providing a simple technique to realize the perfect profession, a proper method for execution of economic work, and effective tips to overcome hurdles during economic struggle.

Opting the Right Profession

There are boundless economic works available in the modern world. Needless to say, the invention of internet and technology has further introduced oodles of online works as well. Selection of the right profession is duty of the economic agent. How may he/she opt for the right profession? Jeff Goins, author of the bestseller, The Art of Work, gives answer to the question. He offers a stunning approach to discover the purpose of life. Once the purpose is realized, one can consequently comprehend the right profession. Jeff writes: "when you pay attention to your life and the lessons it can teach you, you won't feel so lost. Your story will seem less like a series of disjoined events and more like a beautifully complex narrative unfolding before you. You will understand each setback, inconvenience and frustration as something more than what it appears to be. And perhaps, as you listen to it, your life will speak."

Jeff, in his case, listed out a few memories from his life and during the exercise, he was able to grasp his purpose; to become a writer. An economic agent, at the outset, can also implement the example of Jeff. He/she may note down some memorable events from the past and after thoroughly judging the worksheet, the agent will perhaps identify his/her purpose as well.

Execution of Economic Work

An economic work requires three steps for its execution; acquirement of marketable financial skill(s), setting up financial targets, short run and long run, and implementation of financial skill(s). Firstly, it is binding on the economic agent to gain knowledge and establish skills relating to the profession he/she chose. Peter F. Drucker, an American management consultant, in his book, The Practice of Management, inscribes the situation of lacking financial intelligence: "if he (the worker) lacks information, he will lack both incentive and means to improve his performance."

Secondly, realize what you want in future and set up financial targets accordingly. A rational economic agent must have purpose(s) to earn monetary benefits; aimless chase of wealth without any specification of income stream is wrong. Lastly, put the acquired financial skills, proactively, in application to realize financial targets.

Hurdles during Economic Struggle

Human beings are weak. They make mistakes time and time again. Despite this weakness, God has gifted powers, latent and patent, to move forward. Economic agents can wisely use these powers to offset their financial mistakes.

In an economic struggle, the agent may face inner fragility, now and then. The vulnerability of the individual can be due to two reasons; inner faults or outer conspiracies. The major interior hindrances that can penalize the agent, repetitively, include indiscipline, fear of failure, get-rich-quick mentality and procrastination. First, getting over indiscipline requires an efficient work timetable, loyalty towards the earning platform and professional approach towards economic works. Second, fear of failure is a common obsession, which can demoralize an economic agent anytime. To drive away the apprehensive feeling, it is incumbent on an individual to solidify self-belief. Third, get-rich-quick mentality is rampant nowadays, especially on the internet. The sole technique to shield oneself from the irrationality is patience. Fourth, procrastination in an economic struggle can be withstood by implementing the maxim, be focused and be proactive.

Outer conspiracies are encountered on account of competition and rivalry among workers/businessmen. The economic world is an area of stiff competition, day in and day out. As a matter of fact, lusty workers and greedy businessmen can adopt cunning stratagem(s) to gain money units. Therefore, the economic agent must have strong intuition and lofty wisdom to resist and counteract their vice tactics.

To conclude, the road towards personal economic independence is incessant stream of successful economic works by the economic agent. The above-given work approach will certainly attract success in economic works. In short, economic independence means effective planning, strategic workmanship, patience and wisdom during the economic struggle.

The eventual purpose of an individual is to live a happy and contented life. The purpose is unachievable until complete economic independence is realized. Economic independence is, thus, the gateway to enjoy a satisfied life.