Trump v Congress | Teen Ink

Trump v Congress

November 28, 2018
By Anonymous

What would happen if the government shut down? Well, there is a chance that it will. According to USA Today, President Trump is willing to shut down the government. The wall that President Trump is attempting to create may not actually occur. If Congress does not countenance the amount of money required to assemble the wall, then the wall cannot be built.  During an oval office interview with Politico, President Trump aforementioned, "totally be willing", meaning that he is willing to shut down the government if he does not get what he wants. It is possible that President Trump's intentions are good. According to President Trump's words, "If we don't protect our borders, our country is not going to be a country." "I'm willing to do what has to be done." All he may be trying to do is protect the people, but could he be lying to us? He lied about the border wall being under construction when it was not. It already was there. When President Trump was in his early presidency, he thought that the southern border, the one that already existed, needed a concrete wall to secure the American borders. So the wall already was there he was just fixing it up. People are not sure of him actually shutting down the government, mainly because of the fact that he has posted similar threats to situations, and backed down. On February 6, President Trump says that if they don't change it, they would have a shutdown. They will do a shutdown, and it's worth it for the country. Of course, in this situation, there was a real shutdown, but that only lasted a couple of hours. So who knows, maybe this time, the shutdown may actually occur, or will the congress give President trump what he is asking for?