Why Mcdonalds ? | Teen Ink

Why Mcdonalds ?

By NicoleA24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
NicoleA24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

As we all know, President Donald Trump served a College football team, named Clemson Tigers, a variety of fast food so called as “Mcdonald’s , Wendy’s , Burger King and Domino’s” on January 14, 2019; hmm we wonder why McDonald's? Why not some expensive dish? Why did all this fast foods come to his mind?

In my opinion , I feel like it was a cheap move in buying these guys a variety of fast food like he did and he didn’t even leave it in the bags . He decided to tell his servants to put them on ornate plates and pedestals , to make it look fancy but he covered it all up by saying “ I like it all , It’s all good stuff , Great american food”, They gave out fish sandwiches, pizzas and chicken nuggets and etc .

Why couldn’t he tell the chefs to prepare a dish or something ? that would call out his attention on social media , One because he is the President of the United States of America this isn’t a good look buying a national college team fast food. 2 because its fast food , it is not healthy and that is not congratulating them for their win.

How did the team feel about eating junk food at the white house ?  They probably liked it .The team probably thought they were going to get a nice expensive dish but they also didn’t have any kitchen staff due to the government shutting down .

In conclusion i feel like it look wrong on the president but he also did it because it’s american food and he is representing america , but he could of still tried to make an American dish for this national team and not a variety of fast foods that aren’t good for you.