So I Can Have a Kid,But I Can't Vote? | Teen Ink

So I Can Have a Kid,But I Can't Vote?

April 5, 2011
By Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
11 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"


Over here in the UK you are not aloud to vote until you are 18. This it very stupid and should be changed to at least 16.
I will tell you why, the government will let us leave school, live on our own, get married, have a proper full time job and even have a child at 16. But they can't trust us to chose the person who is in charge of what goes on. Does a 16 year olds point of view not matter?
If we can pay taxes at 16 why are we not aloud to have a say on who the money goes to?
We are the next generation so any changes that are made effects our lives and our future. And if it works out badly it will be us left to pick up the peaces.
I can't be the only one that thinks this. So maybe if enough of us speak out there might be something done about it. We should prove to them that we are capable of taking charge and doing whats best and rite.


The author's comments:
I don't know if it's the same in America and other places. But if it is then this is about you too.