Whats the Problem With Carbon? | Teen Ink

Whats the Problem With Carbon?

September 29, 2013
By Anonymous

Cap and trade is a big problem in the world, although to most people it is oblivious. Until my teacher brought forth the information I had no idea what it was, as do many. Well, Cap and Trade is basically a government solution, that allows only a certain amount of Carbon use in a country or city, but companies can trade these Carbon use permits for money. These permits allow companies and factories to use more Carbon.


Well I believe there is a problem, the whole world runs on carbon, we even run on carbon. Is there a solution to this problem? Well there are many things we can do, not all of them easy in my opinion. Cap and Trade is neither good nor bad, but merely a start to what might become a way to keep carbon pollution to a low.

I believe that Cap and Trade has its flaws, like it really doesn’t stop carbon pollution, it just limits it. Cap and Trade allows us to pollute, but only to a certain limit. I mean this is a good start, but could we do better. Well of course we could, but trying to change the world so there is no more pollution is close to impossible. It is just so hard to do, we pollute everyday of our life, maybe not even knowing that we are polluting.

So is the Cap and Trade agreement bad? To me no not really, could we do better of course, with a little more effort. As long as we have a bases of some kind, that is trying to stop pollution like Cap and Trade I find it good. Though I don’t believe with everything it has to offer for the world, I would say it is not a bad start to our struggle to conquer pollution