Why Do people hate? | Teen Ink

Why Do people hate?

December 2, 2008
By Anonymous

People often wonder, why people hate? Is it because it is easier to hate, than to love? Or is it because they’re afraid of not getting loved back? Does it just make them feel better about themselves? I’m not writing this to give you an answer on why people do hate, I’m writing this to give insight on what I believe the answer could be.
To hate something doesn’t take much. If you believe it is easier to hate than to love, then it won’t be too difficult for you. Loving something or someone takes courage, hating someone doesn’t. Honestly, I believe it’s just being lazy if you’re hating just because it’s the easier way out, but is it all worth it in the end? Would you rather have people hate you back, than love you back?
No one likes rejection, it’s human nature; but that is also no reason to hate. Being afraid of not being loved back has a lot to do with taking chances. Yes, it can be risky and maybe quite embarrassing, but life is about taking chances and if you don’t, you might miss out on something that could’ve have made you a better person.
Having low self esteem can prevent people from loving and being loved. For people who deep down don’t like themselves, it’s easy for them to hate. They have it set in their minds that hating something or someone will make them feel better about themselves. For some, it’s just being arrogant, but for others it’s just their life style. Calling someone ugly will not make you prettier. Calling someone fat will not make you any skinnier. Picking on someone smaller than you will not make you any bigger as a person. Hating someone, will not make you be loved.
Hate, “to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity.” Now that you know the meaning, and three reasonable explanations on why people would hate; the question is. why do you?