Overall Effects | Teen Ink

Overall Effects

By tsimic BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois
tsimic BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois

Music takes over a majority of people's lives, especially now a days. Educators constantly needing to address the fact that headphones are in the way of learning during class. Music can bring loads of emotions to one's heart and soul, or just be for simple fun. It can bring us together or cause chaos. A place music can bring us together is concerts, yet security at concerts often aren't even security, it is mostly people working for bigger companies, and I tend to think that because of that injuries and tragedies occur. I haven't been to many concerts, 3 to be exact, and each one was a quick entry process. Maybe because i was younger they assumed no harm could be done by what was in my small beige crossbody purse, i got in without anyone looking into my bags or my friends bags. It is not very difficult to bring things that can harm someone into a small bag, for example, the world famous pop singer ariana grande. On May 22 of this year her concert in manchester was under attack by a man that brought in a bomb. The fact that someone is capable of doing so is terrifying, and the fact that the homemade bomb was discovered by security. This brings me to the reasoning as to why i'm very fearful of going to large events like that. Being claustrophobic and being at an event with thousands of people terrifies me as it is. For example, going to the football games was never my thing, rowdy teenagers and families, through security says no backpacks are allowed they don't do an accurate job of enforcing that law. Many teenagers bring in things that aren't allowed not only to the games but other events outside of school, and though it might not be a big deal, you never know what one person might bring in and why and the thought of that terrifies me. Overall I think security not only in america but all around the world should fix themselves and enforce every law, that was made for a reason, not only for their safety but the citizens of the country they represent.