Being Dark-Skinned & Gay in America | Teen Ink

Being Dark-Skinned & Gay in America

January 30, 2019
By KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In today’s society it’s truly hard to be both gay and dark-skin in america. Dark skin people doesn’t get as much attention like light skinned or brown skinned people. Gay people nowadays are just so hated by so many people for no good reason. Today teenagers have changed the black community by dividing up the skin colors, they made dark skinned people feel so bad about themselves by saying really mean things about them. While saying good things about light skinned and brown skinned people. But, at end of the day we’re all still black no matter your skin color it’s about your ethnicity. Gay people or any non straight people will always get bullied or been bullied it’s just a natural thing to do sadly. As much it’s a bad thing to do, to such to good people it’s sad people has to go through that sometime on a daily basis. Even when people don’t get to try an know the person they still judge them and end up bullying them.


June of 2018 in Orlando, Florida, The massacre at the Pulse nightclub when 49 people was out for an innocent night of fun. Were slaughtered in the worst terrorist act on U.S. soil since 9/11. It was also the most destructive attack on the LGBTQ community in modern history. Those in the LGBTQ community feel the city has become even more open and accepting in the wake of the Pulse nightclub attack. “Now politicians stand up for LGBTQ rights in a way they would not have before,” says Carlos Carbonell. This terrible no one should ever go through this i’m pretty sure everyone in the building was having a great not hurting a single soul. But, yet awful people have to ruin someone else's happiness. This is why it’s hard being gay because you can never be happy with yourself with at least one person messing it all up for you and it’s sad that gay people almost kill their self almost everyday because of bullies and disrespectful people.

April of 2015 in England, There was this story that made it to the Channel 9 News, it talked about these two girls that gotten into a argument about their own skin compilation. When they was both black one was just lighter than the other. From that little argument they had, social media kept pushing it onto our generation. Now it’s  dividing the black community by downing the darker skin girls and guys and creating a lot more of Colorisms. Even light skinned Spanish people was also downing them by calling all types of names and just making fun of their skin for fun which is not funny nor fun. Which is why it’s hard for dark skins mostly because everyday a dark skin has to hear the “monkey joke” or “to black can’t see joke”. It’s really getting annoying and honestly played out in this generation. Dark skins are literally are a bundle of joy and happiness and they DON’T deserve that much disrespect AT ALL.!

July of 2017 in the Bahamas, In this news article it talked how a black and gay man got jumped for just dancing. This guy named Jake had a lot of problems with is next door neighbors because they didn’t like gay people nor black people period. They didn’t care if you was light skin or dark skin they just didn’t like them. One night jake had thrown a party for his friends birthday. When everyone was coming the next door neighbors kept making complaints when the music wasn’t that loud. One part of the party it was time for everyone to dance together and jake had a few drinks before the dance. He started with a boy and everyone gave the floor, the next door neighbors walked in to turn the music off. As he was turning off the music he sees jake grinding on a boy, then he just charges towards him pushing and punching him on the floor. More people from next door came over and jumped into the fight, someone called the police right away. As the police was showing up the next door neighbor wife went up to jake and said “I’m sorry, my husband and sons are very homophobic…. I’m very sorry they shouldn’t of did that” jake said “it’s okay, I’m good they’ll pay later on.” There’s nothing wrong with being black and gay at the same time. Matter of fact they can be the best kind they’re just always being messed with and it’s sad for people to get treated like that. Nobody on the earth deserve to be like that everyone is the same in every single. We all eat the same, We all use the bathroom the same, and all go to sleep same, Same with waking up in the morning.


This reading is basically saying that everyone on this entire earth is completely the same. No one should ever get bullied for having a darker skin or being homosexual. It’s just not fair because those two types people wake up every morning and go to bed every night just like a normal person. In this generation it’s time to start spreading love and stop with the hate, it’s really out of control. At the point where people started killing themselves or badly hurting themselves.