The Exaggeration | Teen Ink

The Exaggeration

December 14, 2023
By dswiderek19 BRONZE, Dunnville, Kentucky
dswiderek19 BRONZE, Dunnville, Kentucky
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Even though the time was half past seven, it did not feel like that at all. It felt like I was exaggerating everything, and even though the day felt like it had flew past I felt I was in a daze. In a constant feeling that no matter what I will do or how I will accomplish it, it’ll be over exaggerated. This may be why I do not have that many friends, and why my parents abandoned me, and possibly the reason I have so much social anxiety over every small thing possible. In the end though I always find a way to make sure I do not make a fool out of myself, and never do I ever find a way to help myself get this feeling out of my body. But, life is hard and over–exaggerated all the time, life may suck for some people and for me it does especially losing my whole family because of my actions, I feel sorry about my actions but in the end I cannot change what I did to deserve those consequences. Exaggeration never ever should be the key in life.

Although I am a twenty-six year old man who does not really know right from wrong I have learned one thing in life, do not let your fears overcome your thoughts and dreams of a better life ahead. I have had many experiences where I let my fears overcome me and the hopes and dreams of a better life ended, I never was able to go to college, I barely graduated high school, and I ended up at a dead end job because of my actions and over-exaggerating life at its fullest. But, maybe I can better my life and maybe I will, even though I ended up working at a factory making minimum wage. However, there might be a catch I have saved money to go back to college and get my life back onto track. Even though my apartment, a run-down, one bedroom, mold on the wall, and the landlord basically wants nothing to do with the place I still call it a home, or well hopefully not for to much longer.


The author's comments:

This piece was hard to write not only did it take me days to write this but it also made me feel what the person was going through in the story because poverty, is no joke and at some point in every person's life financial burdens happen and that is nobodies fault. The only we can do is help support the ones we love and do not ever take the ones we do not love for granted because one day you could fall into the same shoes their wearing.