Bullying. | Teen Ink

Bullying.

December 5, 2009
By J.Moore BRONZE, Pisgah, Alabama
J.Moore BRONZE, Pisgah, Alabama
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world will tell you who you are, until you tell the world.


Gay. The meaning of the word was once used to describe someone when they were happy, but now it has so many meanings. People have been introduced to the habit of using it to describe something bad or uncomfortable.
Queer. The word was once used to describe something weird, but now it is used as a label, one that no one really likes.
Fag. There is only one meaning for this word if you are referring to a person. The word is a hate crime, a word used to hurt those who are different.
You wonder why I am referring to these particular words. I have been labeled with these words my whole entire life; I was the kid who dared to be different. These words may have there different meanings, but some how always are used to be mean.
I have never in my life been gay, but was labeled this. I am not writing this to tell my story, but to speak out for those who are too frightened to. I want people to know that yes the accepted vernacular for a homosexual is gay, but to use the word out of context is wrong to do. If someone is gay then that could hurt them. People should never call someone a fag, because one it is a hate crime and two it really hurts people. So I guess that I’m saying that you should really think before you say anything. It doesn’t matter what word it is, bullying is wrong and it is time that we stand against it.
Life moves on and bullies never do. If you are a bully then you really need to evaluate your position as a person. Never allow a person to be bullied, because I know from experience that bullying hurts.


The author's comments:
Thanks for reading.