Homonormality | Teen Ink

Homonormality

By AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

"If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories." - Donnie Darko

Dear world and all of those living in it, I have some breaking news. It may be hard for some of you to believe. I also expect many people to fight me on this subject and have prepared for what may come.

Homosexuals are normal people and deserve all of the rights that everyone else receives. It is infuriating to hear about how much their rights are being intruded upon. In the Declaration of Independence, Americans living in our supposedly free country arou take given unalienable rights. "That among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." When you take away the ability for people to marry somebody of the same gender, then you are taking away their right of happiness.

Many laws in America are based on the religion of Christianity. However, we seem to look past the fact that not everybody in America is Christian and that we have freedom of religion. Taking away something based on a religion is also a violation of rights.

Everybody knows that discrimination of others because of race or gender is wrong. However, when it comes to a topic such as sexual orientation, discrimination is very common. If this doesn't surprise you, then you should realize that something extremely wrong is happening in our nation.

And if religion becomes your proof that homosexuality is wrong and should be terminated, then you are forgetting many other things that the Bible says. John 3:16 clearly states that "God so loved the world..." God said he loved the world. Never did anything come up along the lines of "God loves the world. Minus the homosexuals."

The "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is also a violation of American rights. If a person wants to fight for their country, they should at least be able to tell people their sexual orientation. It is extremely wrong to send homosexual soldiers to fight for people who, had they known that they were homosexual, would hate them.

Anyone who has ever felt love knows what a captivating emotion it is. A man that fell in love with a man has the same emotions and feelings as a man who fell in love with a woman.

Many people argue that God put one man and one woman on the Earth. While that is true, that man and woman had many children. More and more children came along. Perhaps the man and woman were only used for reproduction.

Discrimination in any form is wrong. You wouldn't terrorize or slander a person because of their race. So why should you do such brutal things because of somebody's sexual orientation?

billlover420 GOLD, Justin, Texas

Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery.  People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody. ~J.D. Salinger,The Catcher in the Rye,

l yess it is XD im a strong beliver in stuff like this ..

AmberLorraine SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

Well, I aomment on ththe first cm truly glad that the first comment on this is positive.

billlover420 GOLD, Justin, Texas

love the articlealot i agree with it XD it good to see someone who knows that judgeing is wrong no matter form of it and that no matter what we shouldent have to have are rights taken away its not fair